'18 QB Cameron Rising - Offer - Committed to texsa

Posted 400 day(s) ago by northspeter39357 Views 276 Replies
Page 6 of 6 4 5 6

Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Meh, time to reload. If Rising went to both spring games and chose the horns because the qb position was deeper at OU, then anyone afraid of competition doesn't need to be taking a roster spot at OU.
    I wholeheartedly agree…

Rising could change is mind again.... if one of the young QB’s at UT does well this season…

there's some interesting stuff here on the brainiacs page about rising, thompson (poss oregon duck?), henderson, and a couple others.

and more on their twitter

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree…

Rising could change is mind again.... if one of the young QB’s at UT does well this season…
    Riley un-followed him on twitter so that is the end of Rising saga, time to find somebody that wants to win

'18 QB Cameron Rising - Offer - Committed to texsa

Thomas Herman is just pointing out to the parents that Robert Stoops has lost control of his team. Players punching females, heavy drinking, evading arrest, etc. Bobby was once highly respected for running a class program. No longer!

Originally Posted by VA_Sooner View Post
    Riley un-followed him on twitter so that is the end of Rising saga, time to find somebody that wants to win
    I think he was talking about rising changing his mind again, like to Cali schools. He's not going to flip back to OU.
    2 users like OU812's post: OU48A, VA_Sooner

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    I think he was talking about rising changing his mind again, like to Cali schools. He's not going to flip back to OU.
    Exactly…He wants early playing time and his ego stroked...

I want someone who is willing to fight for the position and team….
    We shouldn’t forget OU has other good QB prospects on campus who can carry the QB load for a long enough time that we could skip a year on QB’s if need be.

Originally Posted by GoonerSooner View Post
    Thomas Herman is just pointing out to the parents that Robert Stoops has lost control of his team. Players punching females, heavy drinking, evading arrest, etc. Bobby was once highly respected for running a class program. No longer!
    Bwhahaha...that's rich. But then again, it's expected from the source.

Stoops doesn't hammer "KIDS" for making stupid decisions in college. Kids that don't learn from their mistakes are gone...and of course serious issues are treated differently. There have been a number of players given the boot. IF it's true that that the Hermburgalar is using those tactics...it will be interesting to see how he handles the first KID that finds himself in a dust up with a the law. My money is that dipshit will show himself to be a hipporcite...he will overlook star players trangressions. BOOK IT.
    3 users like Cooter Brown's post: Hastur, Silentsniper1516, Sooner Showtime

Originally Posted by GoonerSooner View Post
    Please....Don't be ****ing stupid.....
    2 users like Breadburner's post: OU48A, SoonerNow

Can't blame a kid for wanting to live in Austin.
    Can't blame a kid for assuming that by the time he's starting, Riley will be gone.
    We lost out on a good player who thankfully decommitted relatively early in the process. While I hope he (nor any player at UT) ever wins a game, now it's on Riley to go get his replacement
    2 users like TheBorenSupremacy's post: Bear_Jew, CrimsonOberon

Originally Posted by TheBorenSupremacy View Post
    Can't blame a kid for assuming that by the time he's starting, Riley will be gone.
    We lost out on a good player who thankfully decommitted relatively early in the process. While I hope he (nor any player at UT) ever wins a game, now it's on Riley to go get his replacement
    Easier path to starting too. This was a pretty easy flip and not surprised. Disappointing but not surprised.
    The following users like this post: TheBorenSupremacy

I have a friend who was at the last scrimmage and was blown away with Kyler Murray 's ability. He is not one who is prone to hyperbole, quite the opposite in fact - he said Murray was unbelievable and possibly the best player on the field. Absolutely blown away.

I think the above is the reason for Risings decommitment.
    4 users like DelMarSooner's post: Bustarime, CrimsonOberon, GoonerSooner, OU48A

Wease just decommitted, FWIW.

Originally Posted by SoonerNow View Post
    Happened 20 hours ago.
    5 users like sooneralum2012's post: CalSOONER, CrimsonOberon, OhioBornSoonerBred, p23570, SoonerNow

did you even open the wease thread, or are all these the same to you, you half-literate ****?
    The following users like this post: northspeter

Originally Posted by p23570 View Post
    did you even open the wease thread, or are all these the same to you, you half-literate ****?
    Call him a

Spoiler:

Originally Posted by p23570 View Post
    I got an email from 247 sports today about it, a short while ago . Looked at Landthieves "Latest Posts" and there was nothing about Wease, dipshit.

I got an email from 247 sports today about it, a short while ago . Looked at Landthieves "Latest Posts" and there was nothing about Wease, dipshit.
    thanks for pointing out that you're stupid AND lazy. winning combo.
    2 users like p23570's post: northspeter, SoonerNow

So, you didn't read the email either.. It said, "Monday" in the ****ing email...

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: Silentsniper1516

Originally Posted by northspeter View Post
    So, you didn't read the email either.. It said, "Monday" in the ****ing email...

Sorry, it was just received today, when I said it was. Please don't be too disappointed, haha. Maybe Wease and Rising will come back, okay?

Originally Posted by TheBorenSupremacy View Post
    This. If Rising was going to flip, better to do it now, rather than do a KD and leave us at the 11th hour with no time to get a replacement deal done.

On that note, Martinez's name coming up is interesting. I remember watching his film and thinking, "this kid is a star." We already had Rising, so I didn't give it any more thought. Now? Who knows if we even have a shot, but he is going to make some team very happy. It would be funny as all hell if that team ended up being us by a purely weird set of circumstances.

Originally Posted by DelMarSooner View Post
    I have a friend who was at the last scrimmage and was blown away with Kyler Murray 's ability. He is not one who is prone to hyperbole, quite the opposite in fact - he said Murray was unbelievable and possibly the best player on the field. Absolutely blown away.

I think the above is the reason for Risings decommitment.
    Anyone who watched that scrimmage could see Kyler showed out. That was with the blue jersey, too; imagine when that shirt comes off and he can squeeze out 15 extra yards before he slides.

Kyler does slide, people. Watch his film over the years. He's like Baker, except avoids contact. He's very aware of his size and will either get to the sideline, or get down--which will help us tremendously as it minimises his chance at injury.

Originally Posted by CrimsonOberon View Post
    This. If Rising was going to flip, better to do it now, rather than do a KD and leave us at the 11th hour with no time to get a replacement deal done.

On that note, Martinez's name coming up is interesting. I remember watching his film and thinking, "this kid is a star." We already had Rising, so I didn't give it any more thought. Now? Who knows if we even have a shot, but he is going to make some team very happy. It would be funny as all hell if that team ended up being us by a purely weird set of circumstances.
    You ain't lyin.. That would be some fall back addition... Lots of ground to make up but, get him on campus & push for a quick commitment, this group needs a new leader..

The following users like this post: aaron7

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    Flag!!!

The following users like this post: Hogarita

KILL EVERYTHING!!!

cale liked this one too (of course).
    The following users like this post: boomer8390