'18 QB Cameron Rising - Offer - Committed to texsa

Posted 433 day(s) ago by northspeter45691 Views 276 Replies
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4

The following users like this post: northspeter

Swizzle sticks!!

When it's all said and done I believe this kid will be the highest ranked QB OU will have signed since Bomar. Needless to say, but OU is straight rolling right now.
    2 users like TheJaffe's post: freedombird, mightysooner

The following users like this post: CrimsonOberon

This dude is a gunslinger, who throws one of the most catchable balls I've ever seen. His pocket awareness is off the charts--and his touch passing is unmatched (often that's harder to do than gunning it).

I would not be surprised if he moves up the charts before he's done. As a sophomore he is already more polished than some seniors. This is a big time get.
    5 users like CrimsonOberon's post: freedombird, mightysooner, MyT Oklahoma, OU48A, YellowShoeSooner

OK kid----Don't get hurt and get bigger and stronger
    The following users like this post: thatsoonerfan89

Originally Posted by CrimsonOberon View Post
    This dude is a gunslinger, who throws one of the most catchable balls I've ever seen. His pocket awareness is off the charts--and his touch passing is unmatched (often that's harder to do than gunning it).

I would not be surprised if he moves up the charts before he's done. As a sophomore he is already more polished than some seniors. This is a big time get.
    Just watched the film. Clone of Phillip Rivers in way he throws the ball
    The following users like this post: CrimsonOberon

Big whoop...

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    3 users like northspeter's post: Champaign Sooner-Nova, OUrage, TheJaffe

Very impressed with his highlight films. Hope to see you in Norman in a couple of years young man.

P.S. Great job Coach Riley.

Me: Look baby, we just got a commit from a 4* QB out of Cali. Possibly will move up to a 5* by the time he gets to OU.

Wife: Is he cute?

Originally Posted by SportyJames View Post
    Me: Look baby, we just got a commit from a 4* QB out of Cali. Possibly will move up to a 5* by the time he gets to OU.

Wife: Is he cute?
    He looks like young Robert Downey Jr. mixed with James Franco. If she finds either one of them "cute," then I guess she's in luck.

Johnny Utah 2.0

this has all been exciting, really hope Riley sticks around for a while.

This kid is one hell of a QB. Amazing this is his sophomore footage.

I see why Stoops is re-energized for another ten years.

Great article on the front of the LA Times sports page today about Rising.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highsc...nap-story.html
    5 users like Nostalgic Scientist's post: HCF01, Leroy Jenkins, OU48A, p23570, SoonerTank

2 users like HCF01's post: freedombird, p23570

2 users like GoonerSooner's post: No19Sooner, p23570

2 users like GoonerSooner's post: No19Sooner, OU48A

End of the second play is nasty.

'18 QB Cameron Rising - Verbal!

Insane highlights from his game last week. We have to hold on to this dude.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4457043/...57ee4b38bcc4e3
    The following users like this post: SoonerTank

Originally Posted by GoonerSooner View Post
    Insane highlights from his game last week. We have to hold on to this dude.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4457043/...57ee4b38bcc4e3

Cameron Rising is hurt

Looks like Cameron suffered a shoulder injury and will be out for the next few games if not possibly the remainder of the season. He had returned from another injury (out 3 weeks earlier in season) but is now hurt again. I was actually going to attend his game next week (going out to Cali to see my brother who lives very close to Newbury Park, CA) and was going to rendezvous with a good friend from Newbury Park. He called me today to tell me the our future star QB won't be playing. You can read about it in a local newspaper online. (Just google "the Acorn newspaper Newbury Park, CA). That sucks. Hope he heals up well.

Originally Posted by gratefulRed View Post
    Looks like Cameron suffered a shoulder injury and will be out for the next few games if not possibly the remainder of the season. He had returned from another injury (out 3 weeks earlier in season) but is now hurt again. I was actually going to attend his game next week (going out to Cali to see my brother who lives very close to Newbury Park, CA) and was going to rendezvous with a good friend from Newbury Park. He called me today to tell me the our future star QB won't be playing. You can read about it in a local newspaper online. (Just google "the Acorn newspaper Newbury Park, CA). That sucks. Hope he heals up well.
    The rendezvous or the injury?

Originally Posted by JBret View Post
    The rendezvous or the injury?
    lol, it's not THAT KIND of rendezvous.

"yeah...I'm here for the gang bang!?"
    The following users like this post: JBret

Michigans new passing game coordinator followed him on Twitter today.

Tim Beck (Texas OC) visited him today. Offer likely to follow

A lot of coaches are gonna go after Rising going forward. Hope he's solid

I expect he would stay solid to us as long as Riley is here ,who would not want to play for that guy !!

You guys worry too much!

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    Tim Beck (Texas OC) visited him today. Offer likely to follow

A lot of coaches are gonna go after Rising going forward. Hope he's solid
    Okay Keith I am worried since you are

**** YOU

2 users like YellowShoeSooner's post: morrisja20, oorah_okie

"Whoa. ESPN 300 QB Cameron Rising flips from Oklahoma to Texas. "

https://twitter.com/max_olson/status/855930093910327297

Wtf!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What The Hell!!!! Do we go back and try to get Casey Thompson? More importantly what is going on with recruiting all of a sudden? This kid sounded solid a few weeks ago.

We must have really pissed off the recruiting Gods.....getting murdered in several sports on multiple guys now.

Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    What The Hell!!!! Do we go back and try to get Casey Thompson? More importantly what is going on with recruiting all of a sudden? This kid sounded solid a few weeks ago.
    I can't imagine Casey is too thrilled about this unless he knew it was a possibility. Hard to see him giving a verbal to them though if he knew this flip was coming. Maybe go after him hard now?

Not a big deal. OU is locked in at QB for 2 or 3 years. Robison already has a public intox without ever playing in a game.
    4 users like Vodnik's post: chris9996, MadMex, p23570, whiskeytangofoxtrot

This is confusing. Especially considering they just took another highly ranked QB in this class.

Whatever, he can have fun piling up the kisses and losses in Austin. Texas is a dysfunctional athletic department, and Herman won't change that. Look at all their other sports over the last 5-10 years. It's not a Mack Brown or Charlie Strong problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

Originally Posted by HCF01 View Post
    Per TFB:
    "The Sooners are, presumably, in good hands at the quarterback position for several years to come with the talented group of signal callers already on campus as well as Chris Robison currently in the fold for the 2017 class. Add to the fact you have Lincoln Riley as your offensive coordinator and quarterback coach (at least for now) and things are certainly looking solid at the position.

Still though, the pursuit of QB prospects really never ends as with every class you’re subject to turnover in a variety of different ways. You need look no further than the current situation in Norman having lost two capable backups to transfer/the MLB Draft.

To that point, the Sooners seem to have set their sights on a pair of 2018 quarterbacks as their primary targets in: Cameron Rising (Newbury Park, CA) & OU legacy, Casey Thompson (Southmoore, OK).

And it just so happens Rising was in Norman this past Wednesday with his father. It was their first time being on a college campus in the south(ish), although it’s worth mentioning Rising has some preexisting ties to the state as his great uncle resides in Ada, Oklahoma. With regards to the visit itself, Rising said “It’s different down here. You can tell OU means a lot with the facilities. Everyone is just so nice, too.”

Bob Stoops was doing his ESPN ‘car wash’ the day Rising was on campus, but that didn’t stop them from speaking. “Coach Stoops and I actually got to speak through FaceTime while he was sitting on the set of ESPN. It was crazy,” Rising said.

Rising already holds offers from Alabama, Arizona State (where his older brother is currently an offensive lineman), Michigan & LSU just to name a few. But Rising has recently come to the realization that his decision timeline may need to change as compared to what he was previously thinking. “My decision is going to come a lot quicker than I thought now.”

Rising tells TFB he will take some additional visits and then expects make his decision. Need proof that OU made an impression and will be in the mix with Rising? “I have some visits to take during the season, but we will be back for the Ohio State game at OU.” So the Sooners can already expect to host Rising a second time come mid-September.

And it wasn’t just the younger Rising that enjoyed the trip. TFB spoke with his father as well, who also offered some thoughts on playing somewhere like Norman as compared to the West coast. “You go to games in the Pac 12 and some of the time you will see the stadium half-full. It’s not like that down here in the southern states. I’d like to see Cameron experience that in college. We are coming back for the Ohio State game. They say it will be a fun one.”

Stay tuned OU fans, 2018 quarterback race could very well be a first come, first serve type of deal."

IMO, I won't be at all surprised if the 2018 QB spot is spoken for by the end of September.
    Well you were right for a little bit

Lol at kids scared of competition. Have fun playing in the Kraft fight hunger bowl every year.
    3 users like FackYouMS's post: BobStoopsGinger, mightysooner, whiskeytangofoxtrot

Cameron Rising just flipped to Texas

SMH

Originally Posted by LHSooner View Post
    SMH
    Herman kissed him on the lips to seal the deal.
    4 users like meandmybutt's post: ChpThril, michaelou727, odin's beard, OUrage

What a bum.

The following users like this post: Vodnik