Page 25 of 25 15 23 24 25
    When is the 2017 thread of misery starting? LOL
    2 users like jadubya's post: metes, northspeter

🙏

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by jadubya View Post
    When is the 2017 thread of misery starting? LOL
    Febtober 1st

Ok, optimistic post here. We have offensive pieces (Steele, Dom, Stoney, Hollas, Brewster, new guys). IF Skip can get through to a few of the pitchers (Not a big stretch considering his track record) COULD fight for the postseason.

Edit: Forgot Flanny
    The following users like this post: jadubya

Originally Posted by metes View Post
    Febtober 1st
    Will I be seeing any of you crack addicted Stockholm Syndrome suffering OU baseball junkies at the Diamond Dinner? 2/11?

Originally Posted by OUlaw0719 View Post
    Ok, optimistic post here. We have offensive pieces (Steele, Dom, Stoney, Hollas, Brewster, new guys). IF Skip can get through to a few of the pitchers (Not a big stretch considering his track record) COULD fight for the postseason.

Edit: Forgot Flanny
    Dom may not be 100% even if he is just hitting. Flanny hardly played in the Cape league. Take that for what it's worth.

Ware apparently was the Juco Babe Ruth. Don't know how that will translate to D1. We will see.

Anytime you replace guys like Sheldon and Cody there is going to be drop off in production.

Skip really is our only hope of making this a decent year. We are gonna have to win a ton of low scoring games.

We gotta take care of business early against the silly schedule we have. A sweep or 2of3 from No. 20 Long Beach would go a long way but its prob gonna go the other way. That's just honest! Some sites have LBS as a Omaha team.

We gotta get 3rd in the B12 to have a shot at a regional if you ask me.

Are we better than TT, UT or Baylor? Pukes and TCU are gonna be nails this year.

God damn it's hard to be optimistic.

Ware showed signs during the fall. Wouldn't be surprised if Flanny didn't play because he was still fighting injury. Dom has more value as a hitter anyway.
    The following users like this post: metes

Holy Shit! We have some injuries or something. I heard his glove was dog shit.
    The following users like this post: northspeter

DH at best right now. Who isn't going to play infield......Cade Harris, Zaragoza, mendenhall, flansburg, obrien, Adams? IMO Zaragoza and mendy set in stone ss and 2nd and obrien at first. So ware gonna defensively play in front of Harris and flans? And whichever one of those guys doesn't play not going to dh? Something else to ponder, if dom is dh, when would ware EVER play? Could be pigeon holed like Cody last year.

Think of outfield as well.....if kyler plays any spot there, who is gonna sit? Walker in stone in left. That leaves either hollas, Brewster or Q out of the mix. Interesting right now

What about catcher? Lindsly is off charts good so we sit renae in sr year?

Originally Posted by strike_hot View Post
    DH at best right now. Who isn't going to play infield......Cade Harris, Zaragoza, mendenhall, flansburg, obrien, Adams? IMO Zaragoza and mendy set in stone ss and 2nd and obrien at first. So ware gonna defensively play in front of Harris and flans? And whichever one of those guys doesn't play not going to dh? Something else to ponder, if dom is dh, when would ware EVER play? Could be pigeon holed like Cody last year.

Think of outfield as well.....if kyler plays any spot there, who is gonna sit? Walker in stone in left. That leaves either hollas, Brewster or Q out of the mix. Interesting right now

Don't forget about Hughes. Where is he gonna play?

Pete can now platoon every position. We are screwed!

Barring injury, I can't imagine him being in opening day lineup (ware) but stranger things have happened.

That being said, I hope he is the hitter he was last year in juco because we need the bat.

I wouldn't think Thomas would get much time but as we saw last year, that was an incorrect prognostication. So you could be correct in seeing a new lineup everyday for first 28 games or so like last year.

I wouldn't think Thomas would get much time but as we saw last year, that was an incorrect prognostication. So you could be correct in seeing a new lineup everyday for first 28 games or so like last year.
    Oh it will happen! This is Pete Hughes we are talking about.
    The following users like this post: OUlaw0719

What position does Kyler Murray play? Was he drafted out of HS and which round? Is he going to be a scrub behind a group that hasn't done anything for a couple of years? If so, he must not be such a hot shot BB player.

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    What position does Kyler Murray play? Was he drafted out of HS and which round? Is he going to be a scrub behind a group that hasn't done anything for a couple of years? If so, he must not be such a hot shot BB player.
    SS and OF

He is pretty fast and I'm not sure where he was drafted.

He will play this year Pete will make space.

He was the number 1 ss in Texas and the nations number 68 prospect according to perfect game, so I would hanker to guess that he is no scrub. Rusty possibly. He will able to definitely help us out this season.

He opted out of the draft to focus on football in 2015 and if I am not mistaken, because of his age (1 month shy of 21 on draft day this year) he may be eligible again this June but I am not certain of that.
    The following users like this post: northspeter

I wouldn't call Mendy a lock at second or Zaragoza at short. We could very well see a stony, Flanny, Harris, ware lineup. Hopefully they battled it out and they will play the best of the bunch, but I'm not counting on that.
    The following users like this post: strike_hot

They're pretty close to locks. All the players know Zaragoza will start. You can't oversell his glove. I'd also be surprised if Mendenhall wasn't at 2B, with Flansburg at 3B. OF will be Walker and Hollas in LF and CF. IMO Kyler will be in RF. But we will see on that. I expect Lindsly to be the backup C. This is all just stuff I've heard, so TIFWIW.
    2 users like Sooner2's post: metes, northspeter

Originally Posted by Sooner2 View Post
    They're pretty close to locks. All the players know Zaragoza will start. You can't oversell his glove. I'd also be surprised if Mendenhall wasn't at 2B, with Flansburg at 3B. OF will be Walker and Hollas in LF and CF. IMO Kyler will be in RF. But we will see on that. I expect Lindsly to be the backup C. This is all just stuff I've heard, so TIFWIW.
    You should know that with PH nothing is ever permanent. He makes wholesale changes daily so we will see things go.
    2 users like metes's post: OUlaw0719, Sooner2

Originally Posted by metes View Post
    You should know that with PH nothing is ever permanent. He makes wholesale changes daily so we will see things go.
    Yep and because of this, I think Steele and Stoney are the only two locks at their position and Flanny is a lock to be in the lineup.
    The following users like this post: metes

2017 Season Thread posted
    The following users like this post: OU48A