Oklahoma Sooner Baseball 2016 Offseason - Apocalypse Now

Posted 422 day(s) ago by metes98280 Views 1220 Replies
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1221
Page 24 of 25 14 22 23 24 25
  1. #1151
    Originally Posted by northspeter View Post
    This Halloween game & the charity work are by far & away the best things Pete has brought to Oklahoma baseball..

    Check out @OU_Baseball's Tweet: https://twitter.com/OU_Baseball/stat...831215104?s=09

    Check out @OU_Baseball's Tweet: https://twitter.com/OU_Baseball/stat...599734784?s=09

    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    You're killin' me Smalls!!!!
    The following users like this post: northspeter

       

  2. #1152
    Originally Posted by pillmanj View Post
    Seen that stud Uselton committed to the Pokes tonight. Hopefully he never makes it to campus

    Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    He won't
       

  3. #1153
    northspeter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,914
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tulsa area

    The official 2017 signing class...


    http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=211340681

    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
       

  4. #1154
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,945
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    Where does Murray fit in after football season ends?
       

  5. #1155
    Anyone know much about any of the guys coming in?? Listening to Hughes talk about them we should be in Omaha in a couple of years

    Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
       

  6. #1156
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,945
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    Does a college team usually carry so many pitchers? Since the P is usually the best athlete on a HS team would you expect some of the commits to play other positions? How many of the commits might sign pro contracts instead of coming to OU?
       

  7. #1157
    northspeter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,914
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tulsa area

    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Does a college team usually carry so many pitchers? Since the P is usually the best athlete on a HS team would you expect some of the commits to play other positions? How many of the commits might sign pro contracts instead of coming to OU?
    The shortstop is usually the best athlete on a baseball field.. You sign pitchers to pitch, if they can do something else, it's a bonus.. Usually at least a handful never step foot on campus because they get taken high enough in the draft..
    I haven't heard anything about Murray & baseball since football season started, so I've got no idea what he'll do or is expected to do...

    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
       

  8. #1158
    metes's Avatar
    Posts
    7,194
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    I wanna know who ranked last year's class 13? Not Baseball America. 2016 class was not ranked in the top 25. PG had last year's class at 71.

    The year before that we did have a top 10-15 class.

    This year's class will not be top 10 I'm sorry but it won't.
       

  9. #1159
    Originally Posted by metes View Post
    I wanna know who ranked last year's class 13? Not Baseball America. 2016 class was not ranked in the top 25. PG had last year's class at 71.

    The year before that we did have a top 10-15 class.

    This year's class will not be top 10 I'm sorry but it won't.
    I was thinking the same thing. Here is the list from Baseball America

    2016 Baseball America Recruiting Rankings
    Rank Team
    1 Ole Miss
    2 North Carolina
    3 Florida
    4 LSU
    5 TCU
    6 Stanford
    7 Arizona State
    8 Florida State
    9 Washington
    10 Arizona
    11 South Carolina
    12 Arkansas
    13 Miami
    14 Vanderbilt
    15 Clemson
    16 UCLA
    17 NC State
    18 Tennessee
    19 UC Santa Barbara
    20 Oregon State
    21 Auburn
    22 Oregon
    23 East Carolina
    24 Georgia
    25 Duke

    it saddens me that they are printing lies now
       

  10. #1160
    Originally Posted by TIMEFORCHANGE View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Here is the list from Baseball America

    2016 Baseball America Recruiting Rankings
    Rank Team
    1 Ole Miss
    2 North Carolina
    3 Florida
    4 LSU
    5 TCU
    6 Stanford
    7 Arizona State
    8 Florida State
    9 Washington
    10 Arizona
    11 South Carolina
    12 Arkansas
    13 Miami
    14 Vanderbilt
    15 Clemson
    16 UCLA
    17 NC State
    18 Tennessee
    19 UC Santa Barbara
    20 Oregon State
    21 Auburn
    22 Oregon
    23 East Carolina
    24 Georgia
    25 Duke

    it saddens me that they are printing lies now
    I also wonder how many guys can be on a roster? 17 this year 19 so far signed not to mention the guys already on the roster. Does anyone else see a major APR problem ahead?
       

  11. #1161
    metes's Avatar
    Posts
    7,194
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by TIMEFORCHANGE View Post
    I also wonder how many guys can be on a roster? 17 this year 19 so far signed not to mention the guys already on the roster. Does anyone else see a major APR problem ahead?
    I knew something would come along that would bite him in the ass. Attrition is gonna hurt us for sure.
       

  12. #1162
    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Where does Murray fit in after football season ends?
    I've heard rumblings he may move to the OF. Specifically RF. We will see
       

  13. #1163
    Originally Posted by TIMEFORCHANGE View Post
    I also wonder how many guys can be on a roster? 17 this year 19 so far signed not to mention the guys already on the roster. Does anyone else see a major APR problem ahead?
    I could be wrong but I thought the number was 35 per roster.
       

  14. #1164
    Originally Posted by Sooner2 View Post
    I could be wrong but I thought the number was 35 per roster.
    35 man roster
    11.7 allocated scholarships across a max of 27 scholarship players
    2 users like VarsityO28's post: northspeter, Sooner2

       

  15. #1165
    Originally Posted by VarsityO28 View Post
    35 man roster
    11.7 allocated scholarships across a max of 27 scholarship players
    There isn't a limit on how many they have on the practice squad. Currently, it looks like there is 38 listed on the website roster (Murray and Farrar included).
    They supply an "official" roster of 35 guys to the NCAA at the first game of the season.
    They cannot add any player(s) to the "official" roster during the season.
    During conference games/tournament and NCAA tournament they can only have 27 on the game roster.
    The following users like this post: northspeter

       

  16. #1166
    northspeter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,914
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tulsa area

    Kendall Rogers with a breakdown of the Sooners... If you've got a sub, let us know if he mentions anything that we don't already know...

    https://d1baseball.com/analysis/fall...ampaign=buffer


    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
       

  17. #1167
    Judging from the breakdown of the newcomers Sooner sports put out and petes comments it looks like it's gonna be another long year of inconsistent lineups.
       

  18. #1168
    Originally Posted by VarsityO28 View Post
    35 man roster
    11.7 allocated scholarships across a max of 27 scholarship players
    Thanks Title 9.....this pisses me off to no end....and I have a daughter. Any young lady who MIGHT have played a varsity level sport in high school can show up on a D1 college campus and get a full or partial ride for Rowing while thousands of young men who have busted ass for a decade or longer are told to "pound sand"....all in the name of "equality".
    4 users like jadubya's post: metes, northspeter, nstinson, OU48A

       

  19. #1169
    metes's Avatar
    Posts
    7,194
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    From the people I have talked to around the program, we are def in for another long season. It sounds like Skip knows he stepped into a shit show.
       

  20. #1170
    northspeter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,914
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tulsa area

    Originally Posted by metes View Post
    From the people I have talked to around the program, we are def in for another long season. It sounds like Skip knows he stepped into a shit show.
    Don't tell me that already.... I was looking forward to February...

    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
       

  21. #1171
    Originally Posted by pillmanj View Post
    Anyone know much about any of the guys coming in?? Listening to Hughes talk about them we should be in Omaha in a couple of years

    Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    If we are he won't be the manager, that I can promise.
    The following users like this post: metes

       

  22. #1172
    Originally Posted by metes View Post
    From the people I have talked to around the program, we are def in for another long season. It sounds like Skip knows he stepped into a shit show.
    Skip knew exactly what he was jumping into.
    2 users like IndySooner's post: metes, OU48A

       

  23. #1173
    Originally Posted by IndySooner View Post
    Skip knew exactly what he was jumping into.
    Skip didn't know it was this bad.
    The following users like this post: metes

       

  24. #1174
    Originally Posted by TIMEFORCHANGE View Post
    Skip didn't know it was this bad.
    Bullshit. He knew exactly what he was doing.
       

  25. #1175
    northspeter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,914
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tulsa area

    I always get nervous when I see this thread has been bumped.... That's pretty sad..

    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: metes

       

  26. #1176
    If it is gonna be the shitshow that it appears it's gonna be then we are that much closer to Pete hitting the road

    Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
       

  27. #1177
    OU48A's Avatar
    Posts
    27,253
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norman

    KREF’s Chris Plank finally just now mentioned the vandalism of the grass on OU’s baseball field that occurred several years ago. Pretty sure this is the first media report of this incident.

    In spite of being made aware of the incident at the time the local media would not even report about this….probably because somebody wrote out osu with rock salt….. It’s another example of poke pandering in our local media.

    PS: How about a new thread for a brand new season!
    The following users like this post: thefranchise17

       

  28. #1178
    metes's Avatar
    Posts
    7,194
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    KREF’s Chris Plank finally just now mentioned the vandalism of the grass on OU’s baseball field that occurred several years ago. Pretty sure this is the first media report of this incident.

    In spite of being made aware of the incident at the time the local media would not even report about this….probably because somebody wrote out osu with rock salt….. It’s another example of poke pandering in our local media.

    PS: How about a new thread for a brand new season!
    I didn't even know it happened. Wow
       

  29. #1179
    metes's Avatar
    Posts
    7,194
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by IndySooner View Post
    Bullshit. He knew exactly what he was doing.
    A friend of mine told me that Skip told him "we need 23 new players" that doesn't sound like a man who got what he bargained for.
       

  30. #1180
    Originally Posted by metes View Post
    A friend of mine told me that Skip told him "we need 23 new players" that doesn't sound like a man who got what he bargained for.
    Meh. He coached against these guys. Saying he needs new players doesn't mean he didn't already know it.

    He didn't come to Norman because the cupboard was full. He knew what was on campus, and if he didn't, that's his own damn fault. It wouldn't have taken many calls.
       

  31. #1181
    Originally Posted by IndySooner View Post
    Meh. He coached against these guys. Saying he needs new players doesn't mean he didn't already know it.

    He didn't come to Norman because the cupboard was full. He knew what was on campus, and if he didn't, that's his own damn fault. It wouldn't have taken many calls.
    Skip is a smart enough guy that him coming to OU is akin to when Tim Tadlock left OU in the fall of 2011 to go be the "associate head coach" at Texas Tech knowing Dan Spencer was about to be canned. Going from a school where there was friction with the head coach to one where if they win you look like a genius or continue to lose you may end up the HC is pretty much a no-lose proposition if you ask me.
    4 users like VarsityO28's post: CrashLaloosh, IndySooner, jadubya, metes

       

  32. #1182
    metes's Avatar
    Posts
    7,194
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by VarsityO28 View Post
    Skip is a smart enough guy that him coming to OU is akin to when Tim Tadlock left OU in the fall of 2011 to go be the "associate head coach" at Texas Tech knowing Dan Spencer was about to be canned. Going from a school where there was friction with the head coach to one where if they win you look like a genius or continue to lose you may end up the HC is pretty much a no-lose proposition if you ask me.
    This x10000
    2 users like metes's post: jadubya, northspeter

       

  33. #1183
    Originally Posted by VarsityO28 View Post
    Skip is a smart enough guy that him coming to OU is akin to when Tim Tadlock left OU in the fall of 2011 to go be the "associate head coach" at Texas Tech knowing Dan Spencer was about to be canned. Going from a school where there was friction with the head coach to one where if they win you look like a genius or continue to lose you may end up the HC is pretty much a no-lose proposition if you ask me.
    This is exactly my point. I highly doubt he's ****ing about what he was dealt. He came here for a strategic reason.
    3 users like IndySooner's post: jadubya, metes, northspeter

       

  34. #1184
    metes's Avatar
    Posts
    7,194
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    February 1 I will close this thread and the official season thread will be up.

    Not much to talk about this offseason.

    I have no hope for a regional bid this year and even with Pete gone after this season it's gonna take a season to get some guys in that can help get us back on track.

    In Skip We Trust
    The following users like this post: northspeter

       

  35. #1185
    metes's Avatar
    Posts
    7,194
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    There are people who honestly believe Pete is a "good" coach.
       

  36. #1186
    northspeter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,914
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tulsa area

    Originally Posted by metes View Post
    There are people who honestly believe Pete is a "good" coach.
    There are people who believe OJ didn't do it...

    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: metes

       

  37. #1187
    Originally Posted by metes View Post
    There are people who honestly believe Pete is a "good" coach.
    outside of his family?
    The following users like this post: metes

       

  38. #1188
    metes's Avatar
    Posts
    7,194
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Oklahoma Sooner Baseball 2016 Offseason - Apocalypse Now

    Originally Posted by thefranchise17 View Post
    outside of his family?
    Some fool on Hale's board(prob a Hale sock) is defending him.
    Last edited by metes; January 13th, 2017 at 08:33 PM.
       

  39. #1189
    What's everyone's guess on weekend rotation?? Guessing Irvin will have one of the spots. Grove, Tyler, Kerns??

    Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
       

  40. #1190
    metes's Avatar
    Posts
    7,194
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Oklahoma Sooner Baseball 2016 Offseason - Apocalypse Now

    Originally Posted by pillmanj View Post
    What's everyone's guess on weekend rotation?? Guessing Irvin will have one of the spots. Grove, Tyler, Kerns??

    Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Those guys should be our weekend guys with Grove & Tyler rounding out the weekend. Don't know what days any of them will pitch. If skip and kerns have jelled this might be a big year for him.

    We are going to have to see how our reliever situation works out. We have some decent guys coming back but we lost our closer in Sheldon.
    Last edited by metes; January 19th, 2017 at 10:09 AM.
       

  41. #1191
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,945
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    Is Murray going to be playing baseball this Spring and do Spring Football at the same time? What impact could he make on the baseball team?
       

  42. #1192
    metes's Avatar
    Posts
    7,194
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Is Murray going to be playing baseball this Spring and do Spring Football at the same time? What impact could he make on the baseball team?
    He is on the roster. I'm sure he and Farrar will split time between both sports this spring.
       

  43. #1193
    Toby tweeted about Kyler today actually. Said he has been impressive so far.
    2 users like OUlaw0719's post: metes, OU48A

       

  44. #1194
    metes's Avatar
    Posts
    7,194
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by OUlaw0719 View Post
    Toby tweeted about Kyler today actually. Said he has been impressive so far.
    Where is he gonna play? OF? SS?

    I'm sure we will see him play many many positions.
    The following users like this post: jadubya

       

  45. #1195
    Knowing Pete probably all of the above. All Toby said was that he was impressive and put #speed
       

  46. #1196
    Pete Hughes better know he needs to make the postseason.
       

  47. #1197
    Originally Posted by ShreyK21 View Post
    Pete Hughes better know he needs to make the postseason.
    Good lord, you've already ruined the basketball threads with your "wisdom". Please let us be miserable over here about the state of our baseball program in peace.
    5 users like VarsityO28's post: jdizzle, metes, northspeter, OU48A, OUlaw0719

       

  48. #1198
    Originally Posted by VarsityO28 View Post
    Good lord, you've already ruined the basketball threads with your "wisdom". Please let us be miserable over here about the state of our baseball program in peace.
    Say what you want to say but half the people on landthieves don't respect others like me.
       

  49. #1199
    Originally Posted by ShreyK21 View Post
    Pete Hughes better know he needs to make the postseason.
    He doesn't need to know it, he just needs to make the postseason. Hes getting fired if they come up short again.
    The following users like this post: metes

       

  50. #1200
    metes's Avatar
    Posts
    7,194
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by ShreyK21 View Post
    Say what you want to say but half the people on landthieves don't respect others like me.
    Everyone here knows that Pete is on the hot seat. He should have been canned over the summer and it almost happened.

    That being said, let's try to go into this season with a bit of optimism. It's a new season and anything can happen.

    I support the coaches but Pete has given no reason to think this year will be different. I hope I'm wrong and I want to be wrong. We will have to wait and see.
    The following users like this post: OU48A

       

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 28th, 2016, 08:50 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 13th, 2015, 11:40 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 3rd, 2015, 09:40 PM
  4. Sooner Baseball - Offseason
    By metes in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 387
    Last Post: December 11th, 2014, 04:29 PM

Tags for this Thread