#SoonerSquad17 Discussion Thread

Posted 181 day(s) ago by p23570130810 Views 1251 Replies
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1252
Page 23 of 26 13 21 22 23 24 25

I love Visor Bob in big games.
    Just wish that visor would translate into a #2 ranked recruiting class.
    2 users like DirtyBob's post: BobStoopsGinger, thatsoonerfan89

Originally Posted by TheBorenSupremacy View Post
    LSU is a "cool" school with a reputation for having nasty defenses that puts kids in the league and is an hour and a half closer to home that in terms of his recruitment is new and shiny, I can see why it would grab his attention.

TFB made a good point which is why I'm not too worried about a flip, Phillips could've gone to Bama, thought long and hard, then decided to come to Norman.

That said, Bob needs to buy a tent and put Kish up in the kid's front yard if that's what it will take.
    Screw that. Have a sleepover like Harbaugh did, pillowfights and sundaes. That's what wins recruits now. Get with the program.
    The following users like this post: CarolinaSooner

Originally Posted by usaousooner View Post
    We'll close out our class with 3-6 of these names more than likely

DL:Taquon Graham
    DL:Austin Faoliu
    DL: Troy James
    DL: Josh Rogers
    LB: Tyler Taylor - If Phillips flips,
    DB: Jaylan Johnson
    DB: Latavious Brini
    DB: Kam Curl - less bullish then i was previously
    WR: James Robinson IV

It's probable that we will see a few more late offers on the DL as insurance, they need to get atleast 2, a true DE and a DT preferably
    Isn't there a DT in the OKC area that we offered.. Maybe a commit to tcu or something?

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

I think Rambo is going to flip to Texas

Originally Posted by FackYouMS View Post
    Nah.
    2 users like WestCoastSooner's post: BobStoopsGinger, Nashvegas

Originally Posted by northspeter View Post
    Isn't there a DT in the OKC area that we offered.. Maybe a commit to tcu or something?

Mustang DT to Nebraska. No offer.
    The following users like this post: northspeter

Originally Posted by OkieThunderLion View Post
    Mustang DT to Nebraska. No offer.
    That's him.. Thomas?

That's him.. Thomas?

Yes. Good player but not ideal scheme fit. I wonder if he gets a late offer if strikeout on others.

Originally Posted by FackYouMS View Post

why?
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger

The following users like this post: SoonerBull

Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    why?
    I hope not but I get a feeling he is going to flip to either Texas or join his Compadres at TCU.

There's a kid going to Nebraska who is a two year project - we didn't offer

The TCU kid needs a year, we offered late, while it sucks to strike out on a instate kid he's not any notch above what we will end up signing anyway.

Originally Posted by bmrsnr28 View Post
    What are your thoughts of Phillips?
    If he visits, we aren't keeping him

Gumbs has signed.

"I guess we need to just shut down LT since it doesn't really matter." - RockFlag
    2 users like SoonerTech's post: cccasooner2, D1ehard5oon3r

From TFB-

Jaylon Johnson: I exchanged a few texts with 2017 DB, Jaylon Johnson (Fresno, CA) to ask him if the departure of Chip Viney will have any effect on how he views Oklahoma. Johnson said, “Yeah it does. It’s a factor that I can’t look at [OU] anymore”. To clarify, I followed up by asking if that means the Sooners are out and he responded by saying, “Yes sir”. – (Super K)
    No offense to the kid, but if he doesn't want to come because a quality control assistant coach left, he didn't really want to be here anyways.

Originally Posted by party1234 View Post
    From TFB-

No offense to the kid, but if he doesn't want to come because a quality control assistant coach left, he didn't really want to be here anyways.
    A kid with that reasoning is one of the few times i'm ok missing on an four star prospect. That's incredible
    4 users like StoopsIsLoose's post: Breadburner, cccasooner2, IKE93, Silentsniper1516

Are we trying to steal anyone's commit like LSU is trying to do?

Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post
    Are we trying to steal anyone's commit like LSU is trying to do?
    The list USAOU posted have recruits committed to Arkansas and Arizona

What.... not a single person flipping out over Phillips unpinning his OU commitment tweet? I'm impressed.

Originally Posted by ChpThril View Post
    What.... not a single person flipping out over Phillips unpinning his OU commitment tweet? I'm impressed.
    Is that... a bad thing?
    I'm new to this twitter deal. I keep saying I'll figure it out, but **** it.
    2 users like DirtyBob's post: ChpThril, DirtySouth_Sooner

I suppose folks (me included) just have confidence with his big commitment ceremony and what seems like person of his word. Also, no info due to the dead period has us sitting around with a didget in our creature.

Would certainly suck sweaty bean bag to loose him, he is probably the most qualified to make an immediate impact.
    3 users like Tempesooner56's post: BobStoopsGinger, sperry, thatsoonerfan89

Saw this mentioned on , but over the last 5 years Clemson's average recruiting class was ranked 13th by the 247 composite team rankings. OU's would currently be ranked at 14th. Point being that we are close boys, real close. OU should be playing for that gold trophy in the next 3 years IMO. Need a few more pieces in defense, but the offense is there.

Any Bama commits we can poach?
    2 users like GoonerSooner's post: Sooner Showtime, thatsoonerfan89

Originally Posted by Tempesooner56 View Post
    I suppose folks (me included) just have confidence with his big commitment ceremony and what seems like person of his word. Also, no info due to the dead period has us sitting around with a didget in our creature.

Would certainly suck sweaty bean bag to loose him, he is probably the most qualified to make an immediate impact.
    It would suck and there would be a mini-meltdown but it isn't like Gumbs/Draper/Muray are chopped liver and we'd probably sub in the linebacker from Georgia.

If we were recruiting like we had previously it would warrant a huge meltdown, but we aren't. I hope he sticks, but I decided not to worry about it

I'm concerned, but wont flip out.

He would be a great get, and I have always thought of him as kind of the cherry on top of the great class. If he is gone, we still have a great class but I'll worry more about the ILB spot next year.

Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    I'm concerned, but wont flip out.

He would be a great get, and I have always thought of him as kind of the cherry on top of the great class. If he is gone, we still have a great class but I'll worry more about the ILB spot next year.
    I wouldn't flip over that. He simply pinned his army all American selection instead. Something to be proud of. I still think he goes, but the unpinning means nada.
    The following users like this post: DirtyBob

I wouldn't flip over that. He simply pinned his army all American selection instead. Something to be proud of. I still think he goes, but the unpinning means nada.
    I wasn't concerned about the twitter thing at all, completely understand why he'd change it. More concerned that he had been 100% OU up until the AA game and then LSU seemed to sneak in.

I'm opposite you, I think he stays. Someone compared it to the Caleb Kelly situation with ND last year. The fact that Oregron has already done his in home, and that OU will be in his house on a friday, then Bob will be in house on the following Monday...I think they'll convince him to stay.

https://t.co/RaqnZG5Y1h

OU fans got a glimpse of some future Sooners as they performed on the national stage Saturday afternoon at the Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio.

Four-star inside linebacker Jacob Phillips made Scout.com's list of top defensive players in the game for his team-high four tackles, including a monster tackle-for-loss when he dropped top-prospect Najee Harris.

Collinsville linebacker and OU early enrollee Levi Draper also grabbed a fumble recovery in the second quarter as the East team muffed a punt

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/?p=26099

– K’Jakyre Daley: It is starting to look more and more like Oklahoma will in fact keep their entire Sooner Squad 17 together.

FSU’s late offer to 2017 OU OLB commit, K’Jakyre Daley (FL) was a concern. Daley was expected to take an official visit to Tallahassee after the dead period. However, he has clearly changed his mind and expressed his commitment to the Sooners on twitter this past weekend…

Destroyer9⃣❄️
    Destroyer9⃣❄️ – [email protected]_p

Staying True to Oklahoma ‼️ #boomersooner
    9:30 AM - 8 Jan 2017
    108 RETWEETS638 LIKES
    The following users like this post: theend

Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    I wasn't concerned about the twitter thing at all, completely understand why he'd change it. More concerned that he had been 100% OU up until the AA game and then LSU seemed to sneak in.

I'm opposite you, I think he stays. Someone compared it to the Caleb Kelly situation with ND last year. The fact that Oregron has already done his in home, and that OU will be in his house on a friday, then Bob will be in house on the following Monday...I think they'll convince him to stay.
    Well let's just say I know some info that I've now confirmed through 2 sources, that I'm not posting here for fear of getting lit up if it changes haha. And rest assured... shit will likely change 5 times between now and NSD. I will say that TFB are talking out of their ass on this one, which wouldn't be the first time. That said, I think the kid has a problem telling people no. So it could be a roller coaster and whomever is in his ear last.
    2 users like ChpThril's post: DirtyBob, Ou1987

Rambo visiting UT this weekend?
    The following users like this post: bd1

Rambo visiting UT this weekend?
    Baylor possibly.

I thought Jacob Phillips was LSU lean to begin with? Heard on some A.M. radio station in La that Phillips wll be a tiger..this was last week. Things change daily/hourly in recruiting..who knows
    Last edited by really; January 10th, 2017 at 11:12 PM.

Originally Posted by BobStoopsGinger View Post
    Baylor possibly.
    Ah, yes. Courtesy to HS coach!
    3 users like OkieThunderLion's post: andymancan20, BobStoopsGinger, DirtyBob

It looks like it's back?

Phillips plans to visit LSU Jan. 20th. If he takes that visit, which would be on his own dime, it will be extremely tough to keep him.

Just assume he's gone and get over it mentally. Get the kid out of Georgia secured as a replacement
    The following users like this post: RockE

He gone. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Where are the reports he's definitely visiting LSU?

Originally Posted by ben.woods1986 View Post
    Where are the reports he's definitely visiting LSU?
    Rivals

Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post
    He gone. Where there's smoke there's fire.
    If guys were gone every time there was "smoke", we'd have about 5 commits.
    5 users like OkieThunderLion's post: BobStoopsGinger, cccasooner2, chris9996, NickDangerThirdEye, thatsoonerfan89

Commitment tweet has been re-pinned.

https://twitter.com/jacobphillips_1/...04979036438529
    3 users like OkieThunderLion's post: cccasooner2, OU48A, ozz

Commitment tweet has been re-pinned.

https://twitter.com/jacobphillips_1/...04979036438529
    Haha he must read this board
    4 users like Ostrich's post: DirtyBob, northspeter, OU48A, StoopsIsLoose

Jacob Phillips: Yesterday, Woody Womack of Rivals.com reported that 2017 OU LB commit, Jacob Phillips (Nashville, TN) will visit LSU later this month (Jan. 20th).

As we noted last week, Phillips had previously told us he had no plans on visiting LSU but it would now appear that he’s adjusted those plans.

We have, so far, been unable to confirm the visit through Phillips but have no reason to doubt the report.

Brandon let me know that OU will visit Jacob’s this Friday. That trip will then be followed by a visit by coach Bob Stoops next Monday.

We still remain optimistic that Phillips will ultimately sign with the Sooners but obviously this late addition to his visit schedule isn’t exactly the news Sooner fans wanted to hear. – (Brandon & Super K)

– Tyler Taylor: As we noted yesterday, the Sooners will head to Georgia tomorrow to visit 2017 LB, Tyler Taylor. Bob Stoops will be one of the coaches to make that trip to see the talented linebacker.

In speaking to a couple sources we are told that Taylor is essentially down to Oklahoma and Auburn. Taylor is expected to visit Auburn this month so that could obviously help the Tigers.

While Auburn clearly has the advantage of proximity, I am told that Taylor’s family, and more specifically, his mother. has given Tyler the green light when it comes to Oklahoma. She’s apparently very impressed with the Sooners and should Taylor decide that’s where he wants to end, he will have the support of his family.

The latest word I’ve received is that this one is trending towards Oklahoma. However, again, with Auburn getting the last visit that could change. – (Super K)
    The following users like this post: OU48A

Good talk about Phillips from Bob Przybylo starting at about the 16:20 mark
    The entire podcast is good
    http://www.soonersportsradio.com/epi...pionship-game/

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    Good talk about Phillips from Bob Przybylo starting at about the 16:20 mark
    The entire podcast is good
    http://www.soonersportsradio.com/epi...pionship-game/
    Is he optomistic or pessimistic?
    The following users like this post: ozz

Bob needs to have Kish at Phillips house everyday just like in the good ole days