#SoonerSquad17 Discussion Thread

Posted 186 day(s) ago by p23570148749 Views 1487 Replies
Results 1,451 to 1,488 of 1488
Page 30 of 30 20 28 29 30
  1. #1451
    OU looking at another RB?

  2. #1452
    Originally Posted by ChpThril View Post
    vs a consistent 10-3, and getting crushed in a bowl game.... but hey at least we win the conference

    Last four bowls:

    Oklahoma: Sugar Bowl, Russell Athletic, Playoff & Sugar

    LSU: Outback Bowl, Music City, Texas & Citrus. Since you brought up records, here's LSU's over that time period: 10-3, 8-4, 9-3 & 8-4.
    2 users like SoonernVolved's post: CalSOONER, Tempesooner56


  3. #1453
    Originally Posted by OkieThunderLion View Post
    "Instinct impact" doesn't happen at the MIKE position. Sorry.

    If he was an EE, he'd have a good chance at starting. But arriving in summer? No effing way. Too much to learn. RRS at the earliest.
    Instant impact to me means playing time next year, and not only in garbage time. Do you think he only plays in blowouts next year, or has some kind of contributing role (assuming he sticks with OU)?

  4. #1454
    Originally Posted by cccasooner2 View Post
    Draper committed to the Pokes at one time to appease his family/community. I'm pretty sure Jacob and Levi had some pretty awesome chuckles over that one. Phillips is all OU, I would bet your farm on it if you would sign over your deed to me.
    Draper committed to OSU because they were recruiting him, and OU was ignoring him. Thankfully, OU got in before it was too late.

  5. #1455
    Originally Posted by Bruno Gianelli View Post
    Concur. This kid has said one thing that indicates he would go to LSU - that he is visiting LSU. And he has said hundreds of things indicating he is going to OU.

    Most of these flips go radio silent towards the end. This kid has done the opposite.
    I hope we're right. LB will be loaded if we can keep him. It's been a while since I've been this excited about the position.

  6. #1456
    Where's all the speculation on the silent CB commitment? Are we flipping someone on signing day?
    The following users like this post: metes


  7. #1457
    Originally Posted by SoonernVolved View Post
    Last four bowls:

    Oklahoma: Sugar Bowl, Russell Athletic, Playoff & Sugar

    LSU: Outback Bowl, Music City, Texas & Citrus. Since you brought up records, here's LSU's over that time period: 10-3, 8-4, 9-3 & 8-4.


    Basically Soonervolved just said "your my ****"
    4 users like Tempesooner56's post: outrey, Silentsniper1516, SoonernVolved, StatGeek


  8. #1458
    Mjcpr's Avatar
    Posts
    4,311
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK

    – Tre Brown: Sooners CB commit, Tre Brown tells me that he will visit Baylor this weekend and USC the following weekend. I don’t get the sense that the Sooners are in much danger here but we’ll continue to monitor it just in case. – (Super K)
    https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ope...uary-20th-22nd

  9. #1459
    RockE's Avatar
    Posts
    1,634
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ann Arbor

    Originally Posted by Tempesooner56 View Post
    Basically Soonervolved just said "your my ****"
    volved posts good stuff. 'cept it would say *you're*
    The following users like this post: SoonernVolved


  10. #1460
    WTF is brown visiting Baylor for? I understand visiting Cali or Florida. Central texsa along the brown river to a shit program? Nope.

  11. #1461
    Originally Posted by MDSooner28 View Post
    Where's all the speculation on the silent CB commitment? Are we flipping someone on signing day?
    The smart money is on Tre Norwood
    The following users like this post: northspeter


  12. #1462
    northspeter's Avatar
    Posts
    5,610
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tulsa area

    Originally Posted by Soft Verbal View Post
    The smart money is on Tre Norwood
    That's my guess but it's just a guess..

    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

  13. #1463
    Originally Posted by northspeter View Post
    That's my guess but it's just a guess..

    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    Not sure why he is making this such a secret. We are far and away his best offer. If it is indeed him of course.
    2 users like Soft Verbal's post: northspeter, SportyJames


  14. #1464
    Originally Posted by SoonernVolved View Post
    Last four bowls:

    Oklahoma: Sugar Bowl, Russell Athletic, Playoff & Sugar

    LSU: Outback Bowl, Music City, Texas & Citrus. Since you brought up records, here's LSU's over that time period: 10-3, 8-4, 9-3 & 8-4.
    Have to add a few more items of importance to this conversation:


    17h17 hours ago
    Oklahoma Football [email protected]_Football
    No team has more 10-win seasons. No team has more 11-win seasons.

    There's only ☝️ Oklahoma. #OUDNA

    ➡️ http://bit.ly/Most10s
    Embedded image



    Oklahoma Football
    12m12 minutes ago
    Oklahoma Football [email protected]_Football
    No one in the history of college football has more .

    "Oklahoma invented winning, invented championships." - @Barry_Switzer

    #ChampU #OUDNA
    Embedded image



    Now, all that said, if he wants to go to LSU then more power to the young man & I wish him the best. However, if he wants to play for one of the true blue bloods of this sport, play on the big stage & contend for/win championships then the choice is rather obvious and that is to don the Crimson and Cream.
    2 users like SoonernVolved's post: northspeter, RockE


  15. #1465
    Originally Posted by Soft Verbal View Post
    Not sure why he is making this such a secret. We are far and away his best offer. If it is indeed him of course.
    I think if a kid wants it quiet he's either making plans to announce on his terms, or he is"silently" committed to multiple schools while still trying to make up his mind. Hope we don't get burned, whoever it is

  16. #1466
    Why do you guys make it seem like all players care about winning? Some just want to go pro. If you are good at LSU, you go very high in the draft. OU can't offer that.

  17. #1467
    Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Why do you guys make it seem like all players care about winning? Some just want to go pro. If you are good at LSU, you go very high in the draft. OU can't offer that.
    Take out the players national championship team that lost to Bama in the rematch and I bet that eliminates 35-50% of their NFL people (maybe more).

  18. #1468
    Originally Posted by MDSooner28 View Post
    Where's all the speculation on the silent CB commitment? Are we flipping someone on signing day?
    I'm curious as well

  19. #1469
    wrong

    Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Why do you guys make it seem like all players care about winning? Some just want to go pro. If you are good at LSU, you go very high in the draft. OU can't offer that.

  20. #1470
    CalSOONER's Avatar
    Posts
    2,653
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Yellow. Green. Orange. Red ... Red Red.

    Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Why do you guys make it seem like all players care about winning? Some just want to go pro. If you are good at LSU, you go very high in the draft. OU can't offer that.
    Jesus.
    3 users like CalSOONER's post: BobStoopsGinger, party1234, Sooner Showtime


  21. #1471
    Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Why do you guys make it seem like all players care about winning? Some just want to go pro. If you are good at LSU, you go very high in the draft. OU can't offer that.
    ignorant statement.
    2 users like StoopsIsLoose's post: BobStoopsGinger, CalSOONER


  22. #1472
    Take a long look at 1st round picks of the 2 teams over the last 5 years...

  23. #1473
    Or just defensive first rounders in general since 2000.

  24. #1474
    Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Why do you guys make it seem like all players care about winning? Some just want to go pro. If you are good at LSU, you go very high in the draft. OU can't offer that.
    Yea I guess back when Those 3 guys went first round in the same draft, OU just couldn't offer that

  25. #1475
    I'm not trying to destroy this kids angle here. But, Phillips parents look like they're pretty content on life, money wise. LITERALLY the only reason you go to the NFL Draft is for money. Not because you "want to" but because of the money. Hence the reason Luck Graduated before he went to the NFL. So, not sure your angle on this. But continue to talk out of your ass if you would like.

  26. #1476
    Boomer6671's Avatar
    Posts
    6,021
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kansas City

    Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Why do you guys make it seem like all players care about winning? Some just want to go pro. If you are good at LSU, you go very high in the draft. OU can't offer that.
    Well sure because if you are good at OU they won't take you. But same level of good gets drafted if you go to LSU.

    I'm sure that's how NFL draft rooms operate. Not on talent but rather where that talent is.

    Good grief.
    2 users like Boomer6671's post: BobStoopsGinger, RockFlagandEagle


  27. #1477
    Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Take a long look at 1st round picks of the 2 teams over the last 5 years...
    Compare head coaches. You're being whiny for the sake of being whiny. Past production of a former regime means nothing

  28. #1478
    Originally Posted by awr90 View Post
    Yea I guess back when Those 3 guys went first round in the same draft, OU just couldn't offer that
    #recencybias..;not saying it is accurate, but perception is reality! Success in SEC>Success in Big 12 (for NFL teams who draft). That was my point. Offense is 1 thing. OU has had McCoy on Defense, and that is pretty much it in the last 10 years in the first round for defense (who actually amounted to something).

  29. #1479
    Originally Posted by BobStoopsGinger View Post
    I'm not trying to destroy this kids angle here. But, Phillips parents look like they're pretty content on life, money wise. LITERALLY the only reason you go to the NFL Draft is for money. Not because you "want to" but because of the money. Hence the reason Luck Graduated before he went to the NFL. So, not sure your angle on this. But continue to talk out of your ass if you would like.
    Ok


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #1480
    Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Why do you guys make it seem like all players care about winning? Some just want to go pro. If you are good at LSU, you go very high in the draft. OU can't offer that.
    https://youtu.be/mU7KzZY5PWg

  31. #1481
    CalSOONER's Avatar
    Posts
    2,653
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Yellow. Green. Orange. Red ... Red Red.

    Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Take a long look at 1st round picks of the 2 teams over the last 5 years...
    Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Or just defensive first rounders in general since 2000.
    Glad you're on our side.

    The following users like this post: RockE


  32. #1482
    Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    #recencybias..;not saying it is accurate, but perception is reality! Success in SEC>Success in Big 12 (for NFL teams who draft). That was my point. Offense is 1 thing. OU has had McCoy on Defense, and that is pretty much it in the last 10 years in the first round for defense (who actually amounted to something).
    Your argument is disjointed. If a DT is a great player he will be drafted the same whether he goes to LSU or Oklahoma. Ed Oliver as a true freshman would possibly be the 1st DT drafted this year if he was eligible and he plays at Houston. I would even say his NFL chances were improved by playing at Houston instead of LSU. He really stands out at Houston where he might share time at LSU. The advantage the SEC may provide is for marginal defensive players to get drafted on reputation rather than talent or merit. Name any former SEC defensive player drafted in the 1st round and that same player would have been drafted if he played for OU.
    3 users like Tx Sooner's post: BobStoopsGinger, cccasooner2, OU812


  33. #1483
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,535
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    Was OU ever interested in Chaz Ah Yu? Related to former OU player?

  34. #1484
    Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Why do you guys make it seem like all players care about winning? Some just want to go pro. If you are good at LSU, you go very high in the draft. OU can't offer that.
    WTF are you talking about? Thats an incredibly stupid thing to say. Talent makes the NFL no matter where it comes from. LSU can't offer anything more than OU. If LSU is sending more talent to the NFL it's because they're recruiting more NFL talent on the front end.

    If Phillips, or anyone else, is good enough to make the NFL, he'll make it from OU just as well as LSU.

  35. #1485
    I checked and we have no players currently in the NFL.
    3 users like Hallucinogenic_Toreador's post: Boomer6671, laxtothemax12, SMU Sooner


  36. #1486
    CalSOONER's Avatar
    Posts
    2,653
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Yellow. Green. Orange. Red ... Red Red.

    Originally Posted by Hallucinogenic_Toreador View Post
    I checked and we have no players currently in the NFL.


    Exactly. The individual you're arguing with is SCREAMING to be called (deservedly) a word I've been warned not to use anymore. Because he is one. But I won't call him that.

    The word shares the title with song No. 5 on Devo's "Are We Not Men" album. But I won't call him that.

  37. #1487
    Originally Posted by ChpThril View Post
    vs a consistent 10-3, and getting crushed in a bowl game.... but hey at least we win the conference
    We just MANHANDLED that conference's 2nd best team....but ok
    2 users like laxtothemax12's post: gravelveins, Hogarita


  38. #1488
    Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    #recencybias..;not saying it is accurate, but perception is reality! Success in SEC>Success in Big 12 (for NFL teams who draft). That was my point. Offense is 1 thing. OU has had McCoy on Defense, and that is pretty much it in the last 10 years in the first round for defense (who actually amounted to something).
    That is one of the most misinformed quotes I have read on this board and that is saying something.

    How would a guy like Khaili Mack ever get drafted at #5 out of the U of Buffalo if scouts thought like that?
    The following users like this post: northspeter


Similar Threads

  1. ***2013-14-NBA-Discussion-Thread***
    By aaron7 in forum Basketball
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: September 30th, 2013, 05:38 PM
  2. ***2012-13 NBA Discussion Thread***
    By SoopaSooner in forum Basketball
    Replies: 2464
    Last Post: June 26th, 2013, 11:23 AM
  3. Tattoo discussion thread
    By Coach in forum The Pub
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: May 12th, 2013, 02:17 PM

Tags for this Thread