#SoonerSquad17 Discussion Thread

Posted 186 day(s) ago by p23570148749 Views 1487 Replies
Results 1,451 to 1,488 of 1488
Page 30 of 30 20 28 29 30
    OU looking at another RB?

Originally Posted by ChpThril View Post
    vs a consistent 10-3, and getting crushed in a bowl game.... but hey at least we win the conference

Last four bowls:

Oklahoma: Sugar Bowl, Russell Athletic, Playoff & Sugar

LSU: Outback Bowl, Music City, Texas & Citrus. Since you brought up records, here's LSU's over that time period: 10-3, 8-4, 9-3 & 8-4.
    2 users like SoonernVolved's post: CalSOONER, Tempesooner56

Originally Posted by OkieThunderLion View Post
    "Instinct impact" doesn't happen at the MIKE position. Sorry.

If he was an EE, he'd have a good chance at starting. But arriving in summer? No effing way. Too much to learn. RRS at the earliest.
    Instant impact to me means playing time next year, and not only in garbage time. Do you think he only plays in blowouts next year, or has some kind of contributing role (assuming he sticks with OU)?

Originally Posted by cccasooner2 View Post
    Draper committed to the Pokes at one time to appease his family/community. I'm pretty sure Jacob and Levi had some pretty awesome chuckles over that one. Phillips is all OU, I would bet your farm on it if you would sign over your deed to me.
    Draper committed to OSU because they were recruiting him, and OU was ignoring him. Thankfully, OU got in before it was too late.

Originally Posted by Bruno Gianelli View Post
    Concur. This kid has said one thing that indicates he would go to LSU - that he is visiting LSU. And he has said hundreds of things indicating he is going to OU.

Most of these flips go radio silent towards the end. This kid has done the opposite.
    I hope we're right. LB will be loaded if we can keep him. It's been a while since I've been this excited about the position.

Where's all the speculation on the silent CB commitment? Are we flipping someone on signing day?
    The following users like this post: metes

Originally Posted by SoonernVolved View Post
    Last four bowls:

LSU: Outback Bowl, Music City, Texas & Citrus. Since you brought up records, here's LSU's over that time period: 10-3, 8-4, 9-3 & 8-4.

Basically Soonervolved just said "your my ****"
    4 users like Tempesooner56's post: outrey, Silentsniper1516, SoonernVolved, StatGeek

– Tre Brown: Sooners CB commit, Tre Brown tells me that he will visit Baylor this weekend and USC the following weekend. I don’t get the sense that the Sooners are in much danger here but we’ll continue to monitor it just in case. – (Super K)
    https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ope...uary-20th-22nd

Originally Posted by Tempesooner56 View Post
    Basically Soonervolved just said "your my ****"
    volved posts good stuff. 'cept it would say *you're*
    The following users like this post: SoonernVolved

WTF is brown visiting Baylor for? I understand visiting Cali or Florida. Central texsa along the brown river to a shit program? Nope.

Originally Posted by MDSooner28 View Post
    Where's all the speculation on the silent CB commitment? Are we flipping someone on signing day?
    The smart money is on Tre Norwood
    The following users like this post: northspeter

Originally Posted by Soft Verbal View Post
    The smart money is on Tre Norwood
    That's my guess but it's just a guess..

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by northspeter View Post
    That's my guess but it's just a guess..

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    Not sure why he is making this such a secret. We are far and away his best offer. If it is indeed him of course.
    2 users like Soft Verbal's post: northspeter, SportyJames

Originally Posted by SoonernVolved View Post
    Last four bowls:

Have to add a few more items of importance to this conversation:

17h17 hours ago
    Oklahoma Football [email protected]_Football
    No team has more 10-win seasons. No team has more 11-win seasons.

There's only ☝️ Oklahoma. #OUDNA

➡️ http://bit.ly/Most10s
    Embedded image

Oklahoma Football
    12m12 minutes ago
    Oklahoma Football [email protected]_Football
    No one in the history of college football has more .

"Oklahoma invented winning, invented championships." - @Barry_Switzer

#ChampU #OUDNA
    Embedded image

Now, all that said, if he wants to go to LSU then more power to the young man & I wish him the best. However, if he wants to play for one of the true blue bloods of this sport, play on the big stage & contend for/win championships then the choice is rather obvious and that is to don the Crimson and Cream.
    2 users like SoonernVolved's post: northspeter, RockE

Originally Posted by Soft Verbal View Post
    Not sure why he is making this such a secret. We are far and away his best offer. If it is indeed him of course.
    I think if a kid wants it quiet he's either making plans to announce on his terms, or he is"silently" committed to multiple schools while still trying to make up his mind. Hope we don't get burned, whoever it is

Why do you guys make it seem like all players care about winning? Some just want to go pro. If you are good at LSU, you go very high in the draft. OU can't offer that.

Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Why do you guys make it seem like all players care about winning? Some just want to go pro. If you are good at LSU, you go very high in the draft. OU can't offer that.
    Take out the players national championship team that lost to Bama in the rematch and I bet that eliminates 35-50% of their NFL people (maybe more).

Originally Posted by MDSooner28 View Post
    I'm curious as well

wrong

Jesus.
    3 users like CalSOONER's post: BobStoopsGinger, party1234, Sooner Showtime

ignorant statement.
    2 users like StoopsIsLoose's post: BobStoopsGinger, CalSOONER

Take a long look at 1st round picks of the 2 teams over the last 5 years...

Or just defensive first rounders in general since 2000.

Yea I guess back when Those 3 guys went first round in the same draft, OU just couldn't offer that

I'm not trying to destroy this kids angle here. But, Phillips parents look like they're pretty content on life, money wise. LITERALLY the only reason you go to the NFL Draft is for money. Not because you "want to" but because of the money. Hence the reason Luck Graduated before he went to the NFL. So, not sure your angle on this. But continue to talk out of your ass if you would like.

Well sure because if you are good at OU they won't take you. But same level of good gets drafted if you go to LSU.

I'm sure that's how NFL draft rooms operate. Not on talent but rather where that talent is.

Good grief.
    2 users like Boomer6671's post: BobStoopsGinger, RockFlagandEagle

Compare head coaches. You're being whiny for the sake of being whiny. Past production of a former regime means nothing

Originally Posted by awr90 View Post
    Yea I guess back when Those 3 guys went first round in the same draft, OU just couldn't offer that
    #recencybias..;not saying it is accurate, but perception is reality! Success in SEC>Success in Big 12 (for NFL teams who draft). That was my point. Offense is 1 thing. OU has had McCoy on Defense, and that is pretty much it in the last 10 years in the first round for defense (who actually amounted to something).

Originally Posted by BobStoopsGinger View Post
    I'm not trying to destroy this kids angle here. But, Phillips parents look like they're pretty content on life, money wise. LITERALLY the only reason you go to the NFL Draft is for money. Not because you "want to" but because of the money. Hence the reason Luck Graduated before he went to the NFL. So, not sure your angle on this. But continue to talk out of your ass if you would like.
    Ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/mU7KzZY5PWg

Or just defensive first rounders in general since 2000.
    Glad you're on our side.

The following users like this post: RockE

#recencybias..;not saying it is accurate, but perception is reality! Success in SEC>Success in Big 12 (for NFL teams who draft). That was my point. Offense is 1 thing. OU has had McCoy on Defense, and that is pretty much it in the last 10 years in the first round for defense (who actually amounted to something).
    Your argument is disjointed. If a DT is a great player he will be drafted the same whether he goes to LSU or Oklahoma. Ed Oliver as a true freshman would possibly be the 1st DT drafted this year if he was eligible and he plays at Houston. I would even say his NFL chances were improved by playing at Houston instead of LSU. He really stands out at Houston where he might share time at LSU. The advantage the SEC may provide is for marginal defensive players to get drafted on reputation rather than talent or merit. Name any former SEC defensive player drafted in the 1st round and that same player would have been drafted if he played for OU.
    3 users like Tx Sooner's post: BobStoopsGinger, cccasooner2, OU812

Was OU ever interested in Chaz Ah Yu? Related to former OU player?

WTF are you talking about? Thats an incredibly stupid thing to say. Talent makes the NFL no matter where it comes from. LSU can't offer anything more than OU. If LSU is sending more talent to the NFL it's because they're recruiting more NFL talent on the front end.

If Phillips, or anyone else, is good enough to make the NFL, he'll make it from OU just as well as LSU.

I checked and we have no players currently in the NFL.
    3 users like Hallucinogenic_Toreador's post: Boomer6671, laxtothemax12, SMU Sooner

Originally Posted by Hallucinogenic_Toreador View Post
    I checked and we have no players currently in the NFL.

Exactly. The individual you're arguing with is SCREAMING to be called (deservedly) a word I've been warned not to use anymore. Because he is one. But I won't call him that.

The word shares the title with song No. 5 on Devo's "Are We Not Men" album. But I won't call him that.

Originally Posted by ChpThril View Post
    vs a consistent 10-3, and getting crushed in a bowl game.... but hey at least we win the conference
    We just MANHANDLED that conference's 2nd best team....but ok
    2 users like laxtothemax12's post: gravelveins, Hogarita

That is one of the most misinformed quotes I have read on this board and that is saying something.

How would a guy like Khaili Mack ever get drafted at #5 out of the U of Buffalo if scouts thought like that?
    The following users like this post: northspeter