#SoonerSquad17 Discussion Thread

Posted 181 day(s) ago by p23570130810 Views 1251 Replies
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1252
Page 24 of 26 14 22 23 24 25 26
    Originally Posted by theend View Post
    Is he optomistic or pessimistic?
    Optimistic. Thinks spending the week at the Army game with all those OU commits helped.
    3 users like OkieThunderLion's post: BobStoopsGinger, cccasooner2, northspeter

Think the weekend in home & Bob's in home next week will reaffirm Phillips commitment & he'll turn down the LSU trip..
    Imagine if we get Taylor too.. That's a wicked DB/LB class.. Need a couple more DL to go with it but damn good start for a championship run..

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

Faoliu announced decommitted from Zona.

Will visit OU this weekend and announce new commitment the next weekend at the Polynesian Bowl.
    3 users like OkieThunderLion's post: BobStoopsGinger, cccasooner2, Silentsniper1516

Originally Posted by OkieThunderLion View Post

Will visit OU this weekend and announce new commitment the next weekend at the Polynesian Bowl.
    That sounds promising.

Seems like good timing for us...he any good?

Originally Posted by Nostalgic Scientist View Post
    not super familiar with the guy but he has offers from michigan state, ole miss, tcu and texas. he also fits the bill of what ou needs in a 3-4 d lineman in that he is already 6'3-6'4 and 285-300. he plays a lot of nose tackle in his film and appears super athletic for as big as he is. i say sign the dude up because you put some weight on the guy and you have the prototype 6'4 320 lb nose tackle that ou has needed since moving to a 3-4.

I noticed ISU has NLIs from 2 JUCO DTs but the best commit has not signed yet for whatever reason. Has OU any interest in Kamilo Tongamoa, 6'5, 320 or does he have to spend another year in Merced? http://www.scout.com/player/195983-kamilo-tongamoa?s=87

Originally Posted by Nostalgic Scientist View Post
    Recruiting blew up late. If Michigan State wants a defensive player I am pro signing that player
    The following users like this post: Nostalgic Scientist

Originally Posted by max fischer View Post
    not super familiar with the guy but he has offers from michigan state, ole miss, tcu and texas. he also fits the bill of what ou needs in a 3-4 d lineman in that he is already 6'3-6'4 and 285-300. he plays a lot of nose tackle in his film and appears super athletic for as big as he is. i say sign the dude up because you put some weight on the guy and you have the prototype 6'4 320 lb nose tackle that ou has needed since moving to a 3-4.
    3-4 DE w/ those long arms

We're set at nose for the near future w/ Q and Lampkin. But I'd really like to get Josh Rogers.

Happy end of dead period everyone! Time to send out the bagmen!

"I guess we need to just shut down LT since it doesn't really matter." - RockFlag
    3 users like SoonerTech's post: andymancan20, BobStoopsGinger, Nostalgic Scientist

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ope...y-january-12th

2017 DT, Corey Bethley has included Oklahoma in his top 3. Noticeably absent is Texas. This is significant as I was recently told that his expected top 3 would be TCU, TAMU and Texas and that he preferred to stay in state.

Bethley is scheduled to visit TCU this upcoming weekend followed by TAMU on the 20th. One would assume the Sooners will get the final visit but I hope to confirm that later today after the Sooners have met with him. – (Super K)

That sounds very promising for us. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

What's the Rivals story on Phillips.. Scoop teased it as being good news from him in regards to the Sooners late last night...

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

2 users like StoopsIsLoose's post: chris9996, RockE

Well I guess he's 6-1, not 6-4.
    2 users like OkieThunderLion's post: cccasooner2, VA_Sooner

Mike is 6'2, lol but yeah not 6'4.

The following users like this post: cccasooner2

Originally Posted by StoopsIsLoose View Post
    $275.00 fine,

Bet Matt Leinart is firing up Twitter to rip on OU and WingStop.
    2 users like CalSOONER's post: OU48A, Sooner0331

Phillips decommit yet?

Originally Posted by CATdaddy10 View Post
    Phillips decommit yet?

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    4 users like HellVol's post: RockE, SportyJames, theend, theSeanDon

Originally Posted by CATdaddy10 View Post
    Phillips decommit yet?
    He's going to OU.

'Pends on the size of the 'fro.

He's going to OU.
    Who knows but it sure seems this way.

Are we in on Kam Curl or not?

No he'd rather wallow in sh#t in Fayetteville or be a loser in Austin
    The following users like this post: theSeanDon

Wherever Curl is going just put the squeeze on him to force a commitment by next week. They aren't letting him wait until NSD.

That tells me it's a team without many spots left.

Maybe I'm overthinking.

Lmao apparently Phillips high school won't let schools come talk to Phillips since he is committed to us. I like the way they work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is visiting OU on 1/13. His visit to Arkansas is scheduled for 1/20. Yesterday, he changed his announcement date from February to 1/19, so he is planning on announcing after he visits OU but BEFORE he visits Arkansas. Strange. 3 CB's yesterday. 2 to OU and 1 to Arkansas. Stay tuned.
    2 users like psk2080's post: StoopsIsLoose, theSeanDon

Heard Thibs is beating the streets hard. He did a hell of a job coaching DL this year, managing injuries, etc. Hopefully he can do the same for recruiting. Needs to finish strong in 2017 and smash it in 2018 (first full year).
    6 users like DirtySouth_Sooner's post: andymancan20, BobStoopsGinger, Boomer6671, northspeter, oorah_okie, theSeanDon

Originally Posted by psk2080 View Post
    He is visiting OU on 1/13. His visit to Arkansas is scheduled for 1/20. Yesterday, he changed his announcement date from February to 1/19, so he is planning on announcing after he visits OU but BEFORE he visits Arkansas. Strange. 3 CB's yesterday. 2 to OU and 1 to Arkansas. Stay tuned.
    I thought I heard he had cancelled his visit to ou. Did he reschedule? I'd love to have him here. He's a monster.

Originally Posted by Bear_Jew View Post
    Lmao apparently Phillips high school won't let schools come talk to Phillips since he is committed to us. I like the way they work.

The Bag Man is working overtime.
    2 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: Bear_Jew, BobStoopsGinger

Lawton/Ft. Sill, OK, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere

Me too. I'm probably reading too much into it, but if he isn't staying at home, then leaving the SEC would be the next best option.

Since he doesn't have any officials left and LSU can't talk to him at school, the only hope they have is if they camp at his house every day. I hope Jacob Phillips decides to not take that unofficial visit.
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

I'd bet it's at the direction of Phillips and his family.
    A lot of kids have trouble saying no to these coaches. He knows where he's going and doesn't need any more people telling him he should go somewhere else.
    2 users like Boomer6671's post: Bear_Jew, CalSOONER

why? he's not heeled up with Mikey. perspective.

Originally Posted by HellVol View Post

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    I just watched Pearl Harbor and she's a **** who comes in between two best friends. Fyi

Originally Posted by Hallucinogenic_Toreador View Post
    why? he's not heeled up with Mikey. perspective.
    Duly noted.

I'll readdress it in August, when they get measured barefoot.
    The following users like this post: Hallucinogenic_Toreador

Duly noted.

I'll readdress it in August, when they get measured barefoot.
    plus an inch and rounded up, right?

What's the news on soonerscoop today? I've heard it's good
    news for us. In regards to Phillips

Originally Posted by Hallucinogenic_Toreador View Post
    plus an inch and rounded up, right?
    Not anymore. OU posts them legit, now. They may round 6' 0 1/4" to 6' 1" but no real fudging.

Wing Stop? Was Waffle House not available? Geez can someone up our recruiting budget.

Originally Posted by ben.woods1986 View Post
    What's the news on soonerscoop today? I've heard it's good
    news for us. In regards to Phillips
    The whole situation is odd. He's supposedly all in for OU and recruiting other guys like Faoliu. He's still set to visit LSU next weekend tho. I hope Stoops can put the kabosh to all that on Monday.

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ope...uary-13th-15th

I did ask Phillips directly if the Sooners had anything to worry about. He said, “no”.

I asked someone close to Phillips for thoughts on the situation, “The family seems to be all in on Oklahoma.” But added, “I am not understanding the trip.” When I asked the source what he felt the outcome of all this would be the source said, “He’s going to remain committed to Oklahoma.”
    I had a chance to speak with Faoliu’s parents earlier this week and they are clearly very excited about the sudden interest Austin has received from major programs. Austin’s father is particularly excited about the OU offer, “The OU offer really caught my attention. I really like coach Thibodeaux. I like that guy. But I also played high school football with Jamelle Holieway. He was my quarterback in high school so I like OU.” For you younger OU fans, Holieway, like Austin’s father is from California and was quarterback for the Sooners on the 85 NC team.
    4 users like SoonernVolved's post: NickDangerThirdEye, SoonernVolved, SportyJames, theSeanDon

Last edited by p23570; January 13th, 2017 at 06:49 PM. Reason: please don't post whole articles

Brandon Drumm
    Brandon Drumm – [email protected]

#Sooners DL coach @CoachThibbs is in Houston visiting star DL Marvin Wilson (@RDMW6 ) today. @TheFbBrainiacs @SuperK_TFB @CoachDougSmith_
    10:56 AM - 12 Jan 2017
    33 RETWEETS172 LIKES
    3 users like SoonernVolved's post: SportyJames, theend, theSeanDon

Originally Posted by SoonernVolved View Post
    Brandon Drumm
    Brandon Drumm – [email protected]

#Sooners DL coach @CoachThibbs is in Houston visiting star DL Marvin Wilson (@RDMW6 ) today. @TheFbBrainiacs @SuperK_TFB @CoachDougSmith_
    10:56 AM - 12 Jan 2017
    33 RETWEETS172 LIKES
    Just a heads up, he's LSU bound

He's listed at 6-3 and Mike is wearing 1 inch heels.

Originally Posted by mborba22 View Post
    If he is, then so be it. However, at least our coaches are still fighting for him.

Originally Posted by Sooner0331 View Post
    I just watched Pearl Harbor and she's a **** who comes in between two best friends. Fyi
    I wish she would **** her way between me and one of my friends.
    3 users like Boomer6671's post: Bear_Jew, Jaiddin, peckerwood22

Originally Posted by mborba22 View Post
    I mean, we all know he's not coming here. But, you don't have to shit on the dude for posting info like that. I mean, shit.
    4 users like BobStoopsGinger's post: oorah_okie, OU48A, Soonerlife, Strangers

Originally Posted by mightysooner View Post
    He's listed at 6-3 and Mike is wearing 1 inch heels.
    6-4 Rivals
    6-3 Scout and 247
    6-2 OU ?
    6-1 NFL ??
    2 users like OkieThunderLion's post: DirtyBob, HellVol

Originally Posted by BobStoopsGinger View Post
    I mean, we all know he's not coming here. But, you don't have to shit on the dude for posting info like that. I mean, shit.
    Calm down. Didn't shit on anyone, info came out today that he's told several close to him he's going to LSU. Just posted a heads up as I've seen several predicting tOSU.
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew