#SoonerSquad17 Discussion Thread

Posted 182 day(s) ago by p23570135388 Views 1310 Replies
Page 5 of 27 3 4 5 6 7 15
    Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    BOB PRZYBYLO
    10:57 AM
    SoonerSquad17 hit the gridiron in full force this weekend.

Week 0 is in the books, and Oklahoma’s commits put on a show across the country. Here’s a look at how the Sooners pledges fared over the weekend.
    http://www.scout.com/college/oklahom...-rewind-week-0

PS: Be sure and watch Levi Draper destroy some poor little kid.
    Nice:

QB Cameron Rising: Completed 20 of 34 passes for 358 yards and five touchdowns. Rushed for 82 yards and a score in a 65-44 opening-season victory.

The fourteen incomplete passes doesn't seem too bad seeing as he threw zero interceptions. And five touchdowns with almost four hundred yards passing...

LB Addison Gumbs (Stellar Prep HS, CA): You guys are going to love this stat line. Sooners latest California commit filled the stat sheet up with 9 tackles, 2 blocked PAT’s, 1 force fumble and 1 fumble recovery. As we stated about Gumbs. He is the epitome of the word playmaker.
    4 users like andymancan20's post: Bear_Jew, laxtothemax12, p23570, SplitTD

QB Cameron Rising: Completed 20 of 34 passes for 358 yards and five touchdowns. Rushed for 82 yards and a score in a 65-44 opening-season victory.

Big XII score right there.
    3 users like SportyJames's post: andymancan20, Bear_Jew, HCF01

Originally Posted by SportyJames View Post

Big XII score right there.
    Damn good numbers. BTW, keep the avatar.
    The following users like this post: SportyJames

Originally Posted by HCF01 View Post
    Damn good numbers. BTW, keep the avatar.
    Don't you look at her. Don't you FN look at her.
    The following users like this post: HCF01

Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    LB Addison Gumbs (Stellar Prep HS, CA): You guys are going to love this stat line. Sooners latest California commit filled the stat sheet up with 9 tackles, 2 blocked PAT’s, 1 force fumble and 1 fumble recovery. As we stated about Gumbs. He is the epitome of the word playmaker.
    Oh someone here will find a way to **** about it.

Bartender?

No INT though. Not impressed
    4 users like Leroy Jenkins's post: andymancan20, Bear_Jew, Jimmon, thatsoonerfan89

Yeah, BUT! Does he have SEC "elight" speed?

Originally Posted by OUMick View Post
    Oh someone here will find a way to **** about it.

Originally Posted by DelMarSooner View Post
    Nice:
    Wow talk about a track meet. That is like a Baylor vs Texas Tech game #NoDefense

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146&f=2445&t=14935647

# SoonerSquad17 WR/TE commits? 36 rec. 839 yds, 11 TDs this wknd. @ TheJalenReagor, @ Ballout_charlie, @ _CeDariann, @ grcalcaterra. Geez

We really need to start converting back to more of a 4-2-5 attack or 4-3 base because 3-4 doesn't help stopping spread especially Air Raid
    DE *Austin Roberts
    DT Charles Walker
    DT *Jordan Wade
    DE *Matt Dimon
    WLB Ogbonnia Okronkwo
    MLB *Jordan Evans
    SLB Kapri Doucet
    CB Jordan Thomas
    CB Will Johnson
    S *Ahmad Thomas
    S Steven Parker

I just want to see talent on the field. It's so frustrating seeing guys like Matt Romar, Dakota Austin, Ahmad Thomas, Tay Evans, Matt Dimon, Obo, Jarvis Baxter as starters. These guys aren't national title contender talents. Those are walk-ons at Bama.

Podcast covering this very issue with OU commit Levi Draper as guest, along with 2018 OU offer Patrick Fields . Listen to recruiting by Brandon Drumm #np on #SoundCloud
    https://soundcloud.com/brandon-drumm/recruiting

I don't read TFB all that much since they got a UT site. Thought I'd check it out today. I like this quote from Jeremiah Hall, our h-back commit:

"I’m a Sooner 100% through and through. And I’m pretty sure I can speak for the rest of the commits when I say we chose OU to make a difference, not hop on the bandwagon.”

Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I don't read TFB all that much since they got a UT site. Thought I'd check it out today. I like this quote from Jeremiah Hall, our h-back commit:

"I’m a Sooner 100% through and through. And I’m pretty sure I can speak for the rest of the commits when I say we chose OU to make a difference, not hop on the bandwagon.”

Well said I hope they all come in and say "we are stealing all your starting spots"!!
    3 users like Tempesooner56's post: CalSOONER, meoveryouxinfinity, thatsoonerfan89

Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    I just want to see talent on the field. It's so frustrating seeing guys like Matt Romar, Dakota Austin, Ahmad Thomas, Tay Evans, Matt Dimon, Obo, Jarvis Baxter as starters. These guys aren't national title contender talents. Those are walk-ons at Bama.
    I think you can make a longer list from our 2000 team than this one.

Those guys would have run through a wall for Bob/Mike.....hell they have run through a wall for their players.

Now you have an out of touch/burnout coach who just goes through the motions. His teams quit at the drop of a hat.

talent wise probably about equal .......heart desire toughness ........not even in the same universe

HUGE guest on Brandon Drumm latest podcast. Number one player in the country Marvin Wilson! Talks upcoming visit to OU and when he will return, etc. https://twitter.com/BrandonTFB/statu...49028859830273
    The following users like this post: GoonerSooner

Originally Posted by Sooner 1234 View Post
    Those guys would have run through a wall for Bob/Mike.....hell they have run through a wall for their players.

Now you have an out of touch/burnout coach who just goes through the motions. His teams quit at the drop of a hat.

talent wise probably about equal .......heart desire toughness ........not even in the same universe
    I agree since the USC game Bob's teams have appeared "soft" at times. I was hoping the Tenn game last year was a turning point. I think the talent level is way higher than 2000 all across the team but I just don't see the fire we had then.

Originally Posted by Coov23 View Post
    HUGE guest on Brandon Drumm latest podcast. Number one player in the country Marvin Wilson! Talks upcoming visit to OU and when he will return, etc. https://twitter.com/BrandonTFB/statu...49028859830273
    He visited Texas last weekend. And with Houston on a huge upswing, I think OU's chances are pretty slim.

But if OU beats Ohio State, TCU, and Texas...that'd be helpful

I love that 2000 team, but that was not a replicable model. That was a miracle team. The 15 national champs since that time have been loaded with NFL talent.
    The following users like this post: sovasooner

The 2000 team had a defense that PLAYED as well coached as possible by the end of the season. I think we had a lot of average athletes who were GREAT football payers. Not to mention almost every player on that defense who lay the wood and loved contact.

I do think a lot of the fire is gone with the stoops brothers, but to me the biggest difference is that we don't have great FOOTBALL players. Guys that can tackle, guys that know angles, guys that can not only tackle but actually HIT someone.

Those teams were hungry, never quit, were competitive ....and the LAST thing they wanted to do was disappoint their head coach. They believed in him.....he MOTIVATED them.

I think this staff has lost its edge but the biggest problem is DEVELOPMENT. I don't care about 40 times, or what a person benches or how highly recruited he was or wasn't. I want to seen program full of great FOOTBALL players again.

I believe this staff needs to get back to actually tackling in practice, get back to the basics , get back to fundamental football again. Were every Linebacker makes his tackles, were every wr can catch a football. Were every corner can atleast be in solid position on every pass.

This staff stopped developing football players and started developing athletes. When I watch our teams the last 10 years in see guys that have NO fundamentals.

watch K state , a team FULL of average at best athletes. they always play sound football. they are always physical. We use to coach like that and combined it with elite talent. We use to play for national championships too.
    The following users like this post: txbbcoach4OU

The 2000 team had a defense that PLAYED as well coached as possible by the end of the season. I think we had a lot of average athletes who were GREAT football payers. Not to mention almost every player on that defense who lay the wood and loved contact.

I do think a lot of the fire is gone with the stoops brothers, but to me the biggest difference is that we don't have great FOOTBALL players. Guys that can tackle, guys that know angles, guys that can not only tackle but actually HIT someone.

Those teams were hungry, never quit, were competitive ....and the LAST thing they wanted to do was disappoint their head coach. They believed in him.....he MOTIVATED them.

I think this staff has lost its edge but the biggest problem is DEVELOPMENT. I don't care about 40 times, or what a person benches or how highly recruited he was or wasn't. I want to seen program full of great FOOTBALL players again.

I believe this staff needs to get back to actually tackling in practice, get back to the basics , get back to fundamental football again. Were every Linebacker makes his tackles, were every wr can catch a football. Were every corner can atleast be in solid position on every pass.

This staff stopped developing football players and started developing athletes. When I watch our teams the last 10 years in see guys that have NO fundamentals.

watch K state , a team FULL of average at best athletes. they always play sound football. they are always physical. We use to coach like that and combined it with elite talent. We use to play for national championships too.
    Yes...By all means let's be more like KSU who was 6-7 last year...
    The following users like this post: OU812

I kinda think we need more talent, not less.

Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    Yes...By all means let's be more like KSU who was 6-7 last year...
    anyone that knows anything about college football would all agree Snyder is a better coach then stoops.

Originally Posted by HCF01 View Post
    His receiver team mates should improve just by watching Grant. He really has his shit together. Amazing hands and technique.
    The following users like this post: HCF01

anyone that knows anything about college football would all agree Snyder is a better coach then stoops.
    Yeah...Snyder got smoked by NDSU last year...He's great....
    2 users like Breadburner's post: boomersooner52, H82Lose

Yeah...Snyder got smoked by NDSU last year...He's great....
    actually it was three years ago and to another GREAT coach.Craig Bohls, who has been apart of national championships everywhere hes been.

again its not comparing programs, its comparing coaching staffs and getting the most out of your 85 scholarships.

Are you trying to tell me that if Snyder and stoops switched places Bob would have a better record at Kstate then Snyder......please.
    Or that Bill would ONLY have one NC at Ou... that's laughable.

Bill spends more time preparing an opponent in 3 days then Bob does all week. You think Bill would take a vacation on a bye week in the middle of the season....please.

Most COACHES not fans will say Bill Snyder is the best football coach in the last 50 years. Switzer( who has forgot more about national championships then Bob will ever know) says Snyder is the best coach ever ...hands down.He said it isn't even close.
    The following users like this post: txbbcoach4OU

actually it was three years ago and to another GREAT coach.Craig Bohls, who has been apart of national championships everywhere hes been.

again its not comparing programs, its comparing coaching staffs and getting the most out of your 85 scholarships.

Are you trying to tell me that if Snyder and stoops switched places Bob would have a better record at Kstate then Snyder......please.
    Or that Bill would ONLY have one NC at Ou... that's laughable.

Bill spends more time preparing an opponent in 3 days then Bob does all week. You think Bill would take a vacation on a bye week in the middle of the season....please.

Most COACHES not fans will say Bill Snyder is the best football coach in the last 50 years. Switzer( who has forgot more about national championships then Bob will ever know) says Snyder is the best coach ever ...hands down.He said it isn't even close.
    Lol...Ok....

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    I kinda think we need more talent, not less.
    I kinda think we need to develop the talent that we DO have , not worry about what we don't. Are you telling me Houston got all our 1st choice recruits the last 4 years?

I can think of ONE player on their whole roster that even had and ou offer.
    The following users like this post: thatsoonerfan89

Lol...Ok....
    That coach has won a ton more NCs then Bob stoops

That coach has won a ton more NCs then Bob stoops
    Wut....???

The coach from North Dakota state . He turned them into the alabama of their division. You are about wins/losses....go look at his record.

Quit complaining about Stoops in the ss17 thread, thereso 318 anti Stoops threads on OF leave this one to future sooners
    3 users like andymancan20's post: boomersooner52, Hastur, Tempesooner56

The coach from North Dakota state . He turned them into the alabama of their division. You are about wins/losses....go look at his record.

He did...??

Sure didn't hurt that Appalachian State moved to FBS.
    The following users like this post: thatsoonerfan89

Crossing my fingers these guys stay on. Just get some of them on the field next year and we will instantly be better.

Quit complaining about Stoops in the ss17 thread, thereso 318 anti Stoops threads on OF leave this one to future sooners
    wait, so now people want discussion to be about the thread title?

Those of you saying we have talent, look at our draft picks over the last few years.

We have been severely lacking talent.
    3 users like htownSOONER's post: GoonerSooner, MDSooner28, sovasooner

Originally Posted by p23570 View Post
    wait, so now people want discussion to be about the thread title?
    when the discussion has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand yes...the issue with moving of posts is that they are still in the general area of the topic but these complaints literally have zero to do with SS17

Originally Posted by htownSOONER View Post
    Those of you saying we have talent, look at our draft picks over the last few years.

We have been severely lacking talent.
    again what happened to developing guys? Are you telling me out of 20 plus wrs we have recruited the last few years not one (minus SHEP) can be a difference maker?

what about secondary? we have recruited as good as we EVER HAVE the last three years. Where are they???

On paper we have recruited about the level we always have other then a couple years in NC runs. where are these difference makers???

We either recruit kids that are good from day 1 ( freshman) or they never even seem to find the field.

That's a developmental issue, not recruiting issue.

Deberry, Galimore, all those safeties, PJ...none of these guys can even get on the field and they could have went ANYWHERE>

again what happened to developing guys? Are you telling me out of 20 plus wrs we have recruited the last few years not one (minus SHEP) can be a difference maker?

what about secondary? we have recruited as good as we EVER HAVE the last three years. Where are they???

On paper we have recruited about the level we always have other then a couple years in NC runs. where are these difference makers???

We either recruit kids that are good from day 1 ( freshman) or they never even seem to find the field.

That's a developmental issue, not recruiting issue.

Deberry, Galimore, all those safeties, PJ...none of these guys can even get on the field and they could have went ANYWHERE>
    Can't argue with that. Could be both. The fact is the NFL doesn't think we have had much talent. We don't pass the eye test anymore. Look at the Clemson and Tennessee teams. Baylor too.

Yes we won two of those, but not because we were more talented.

Originally Posted by htownSOONER View Post
    Can't argue with that. Could be both. The fact is the NFL doesn't think we have had much talent. We don't pass the eye test anymore. Look at the Clemson and Tennessee teams. Baylor too.

Yes we won two of those, but not because we were more talented.
    Wouldn't you agree OU has out recruited Baylor the last few years? Same with Houston. I promise you they would have switched classes with us in a heart beat( the last 5 years) and beat us even WORSE last week.again I can think of one player ou offere that signed with Houston.

The development isn't there anymore. Where are the Claytons, Griffins, Codys, Straits, that came to ou and completely changed as players? Where are the wilkersons, Roys, and Woolfolks that changed positions and became absolute stars?

Where is the genius coaching moves by putting them in the perfect place to succeed ? Where is the development?

Recruiting is overrated if you cant develop player too.

We literally have no depth because our development is pathetic.

We have a true freshman , who wasn't even here most of summer .....that is probably going to start at corner from here on out. Not because hes a star....its because our development of other highly recruited kids sucks.

Name me a list of guys that came in , took a couple of years to make an impact , were developed .......and now are difference makers. its would be a very short list.

Our players either come in as impact players or they never even see the field. That's horrible development.

If we had got smoked by OHIO STATE last week, then I would agree with the need for upgrade talent issue. We got smoked by Houston, that's not a talent issue...that's a developmental issue.

te
    2 users like Sooner 1234's post: Saul Good, txbbcoach4OU

Tons of talent either on an official or unofficial visit for the OU/tOSU next week!! OU had better keep it close, WIN, and show some balls to compete at the highest level otherwise the recruiting possibility will be a flop. I can just imagine the boo-birds coming out being down 24-0 at the end of the first quarter with all members of SS17 saying "peace out to this joint". Its huge opportunity that I hope is not wasted. If they suck tOSU will rake in SS17 recruits before Meyer even gets finished pumping Bob without lube!!!

Originally Posted by Tempesooner56 View Post
    Tons of talent either on an official or unofficial visit for the OU/tOSU next week!! OU had better keep it close, WIN, and show some balls to compete at the highest level otherwise the recruiting possibility will be a flop. I can just imagine the boo-birds coming out being down 24-0 at the end of the first quarter with all members of SS17 saying "peace out to this joint". Its huge opportunity that I hope is not wasted. If they suck tOSU will rake in SS17 recruits before Meyer even gets finished pumping Bob dry!!!
    Why would Meyer want our current commits? Tosu has the #1 class right now and we're somewhere around 7th.
    The following users like this post: CodeNameV

Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Why would Meyer want our current commits? Tosu has the #1 class right now and we're somewhere around 7th.