#SoonerSquad17 Discussion Thread

Posted 182 day(s) ago by p23570135388 Views 1310 Replies
Page 7 of 27 5 6 7 8 9 17
    Originally Posted by SoonernVolved View Post
    https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ope...september-26th

most of you know that LSU has fired long time head coach Les Miles and offensive coordinator Cam Cameron. LSU is notorious for having excellent recruiting classes. Some LSU prospect were high on Oklahoma before their decision to commit to LSU. TFB reached out to a couple of players. Those players asked us to keep them anonymous for the time being.

One commit said, “I’m open. Oklahoma is a great school and I will be reaching out to their staff this week.”

Most of the recruits, however, were in shock and were just going to play it by ear for the time being. TFB spoke with one who said that he intends to talk with his parents in the next few days and then decide on his next move.

TFB spoke to a source on the OU side of things and they have full intentions to reach out to several of the commits and get a feel for they may stand, currently, with LSU having a lame duck staff (it’s election year so I had to use that pun). Keep in mind that a number of their current commits are from Louisiana and may just feel like they want to stay put and play for LSU.

As you can imagine, this is very tough on the youngsters who were hoping to be coached by Les Miles. The old adage of committing to a school and not a staff is easier said than done. These kids have built a bond and trust in the staff that they committed to at LSU. That staff won’t be there and there is no guarantee that the future staff will want to have them in their class. Some may not fit the new staff’s system. – (Brandon)
    Like I have said why would they come to OU???

Originally Posted by Nashvegas View Post
    Not sure Jefe
    Last edited by barlowd; September 26th, 2016 at 06:55 PM.

Because they know that they'll have the same coaching staff, regardless of how they perform. No rugs being pulled out from under them.

They shouldn't be making that assumption ...

Oklahoma has a stable situation and know who their coaches will be,(unless Coach Stoops feels the need to shake up his defensive staff), vs the unknown of LSU & their situation right now.

LSU will upgrade their coach. Les getting fired is bad for recruiting.

Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    LSU will upgrade their coach. Les getting fired is bad for recruiting.
    Yes and no. It's bad for us if they grab someone legit early. But if they grab jimbo or Hermann after the season it would open up their respective classes as well. We just need the announcement to be as late as possible unless it affects strong then it's not as big a deal

This group of recruits may be the reason Bob Stoops still has his job. If OU loses top TCU and Texas the commits start shedding OU then what will be the reason to keep Bob around except for the price of the buyout? Lose the recruits, what will be the excuse for staying the course with this staff.

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    This group of recruits may be the reason Bob Stoops still has his job. If OU loses top TCU and Texas the commits start shedding OU then what will be the reason to keep Bob around except for the price of the buyout? Lose the recruits, what will be the excuse for staying the course with this staff.
    It is exactly the reason Stoops seat isn't warm right now.
    The following users like this post: CrimsonHeaven

THIS^^^. One would think Stoops would take a more active role in recruiting.... I honestly don't hear much about Bob hitting the recruiting trail. Actually, Not until the last week have i ever heard about him on the recruiting trail pounding the pavement. But who knows ???

You honestly think a coach will want to come here if he has to worry about being fired a year after making the playoffs? OK then...as Morgan Freeman told the aspiring accountant in the Dark Knight: "good luck".
    2 users like jdizzle's post: BernieMadoff, soonerlarry

ESPN seems to think Reagor is on flip watch

Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    You honestly think a coach will want to come here if he has to worry about being fired a year after making the playoffs? OK then...as Morgan Freeman told the aspiring accountant in the Dark Knight: "good luck".
    This presupposes that there isn't already a 15 year history with Stoops and the last two years have occurred in a vacuum. Bad logic, bad.
    2 users like Hammer2Bones's post: Ryanougrad, Val on the Getner

This is your last warning on your constant trolling comments.

Trivia God
    There is no off position on the Genius Switch.

Originally Posted by Hammer2Bones View Post
    This presupposes that there isn't already a 15 year history with Stoops and the last two years have occurred in a vacuum. Bad logic, bad.
    That fact is gonna make Coaches more leery of coming to OU. They will think, "Gotdam, Bob did THAT well for THAT long and they wanted him out?"

Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    That would be a big loss

Anyone know the deal with Isaiah Epps, the wideout from Jenks who caught 5 TDs tonight? I saw on his Twitter that he had some small school offers.

Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    Probably because he's taking an OV to TCU today but word is he's all OU.

Originally Posted by SoonerAtty View Post
    Anyone know the deal with Isaiah Epps, the wideout from Jenks who caught 5 TDs tonight? I saw on his Twitter that he had some small school offers.
    No idea but he looks to be a good route runner.

The following users like this post: SoonerAtty

OU/tx weekend and we're the home team. Is anyone showing up this week for recruiting? I though I'd see a thread on that by now.

Kennedy Brooks commits. I bumped his thread.
    2 users like mgsooner's post: BernieMadoff, DirtySouth_Sooner

Reagor took OU commit out of his Twit bio. Most likely decommitting sometime this week. Rambo also received a TCU offer yesterday and the timing of the offer is interesting as the 2 are very good friends, though Rambo would be a tougher pull for TCU.

TCU? lol Go to real football school if not OU.
    2 users like SoopaSooner's post: GoonerSooner, Silentsniper1516

Kennedy Brooks is a good pickup. Really good back. Hopefully we can keep Reagor.

OU is loaded at RB going forward with Sermon and Brooks, plus Abdul Adams and Rodney Anderson.

That's assuming Mixon and/or Perine declare after this year

Originally Posted by mborba22 View Post
    Reagor took OU commit out of his Twit bio. Most likely decommitting sometime this week. Rambo also received a TCU offer yesterday and the timing of the offer is interesting as the 2 are very good friends, though Rambo would be a tougher pull for TCU.
    Great. Is Barnes taking visits elsewhere?

SS17 will self destruct in 5 seconds.

We definitely need a win over Texas this weekend to get momentum back on our side.

We don’t need front running players who don’t have the resolve to fight and overcome adversity.
    The following users like this post: CrimsonHeaven

Multiple commits have tweeted stuff like "OU forever" and "100% committed to OU". That's PROBABLY a good thing, but also asks the question as to why.

Originally Posted by Silentsniper1516 View Post
    Multiple commits have tweeted stuff like "OU forever" and "100% committed to OU". That's PROBABLY a good thing, but also asks the question as to why.
    "Hamlet then turns to his mother and asks her, "Madam, how like you this play?", to which she replies "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    2 users like Adonijah_Aijalon's post: Champaign Sooner-Nova, Val on the Getner

Starting to look more like Reagor is gonna flip.

Guys don't worry, the core is there and isn't leaving. Reagor may leave but he will be on the losing end more often than not.

SS172DNxtLvL

What's with LBs? First it's fire Kish, then DeBerry and some top recruits come in, and it's give Kish more time, now complaints about LBs and it's fire Kish.
    Does this handcuff OU looking for LB help and when is the Kish circus going to be resolved? Feel this is a topic tied to recruiting.

What's with LBs? First it's fire Kish, then DeBerry and some top recruits come in, and it's give Kish more time, now complaints about LBs and it's fire Kish.
    Does this handcuff OU looking for LB help and when is the Kish circus going to be resolved? Feel this is a topic tied to recruiting.
    Abe
    I've been saying get rid of his weak ass for awhile. Only reason mike brought him around is so he can have a drinking buddy

Play the talent. If Jordan Evans plays a bad game this week, he is dead to me. Jordan Evans and Ahmad Thomas need to make way for the youth.
    3 users like barlowd's post: Boomer6671, CalSOONER, thatsoonerfan89

Reagor changed everything in his twitter stuff. Might just be a coincidence but I think he's gone.

He once

was said to wanting to go to school with Charleston Rambo now rather that changed or not I do not know but we shall see.

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    It’s not at all BS…. In too many cases this has been the start of life long friendships and bonds that shared experiences bring… Good team players play as much for each other as anything else.
    Your cynicism is no more objective than a complete homer.
    bu...bu..but...but...the football brainiacs told me all is well?

Haha like I said even great years we lose some , average years expect more to come

At this stage of the recruiting process is OU have at over a 50% chance with any particular recruits? Don't see were OU is a strong favorite of anyone? Not trying to be a downer looking for some rays of hope.

Trivia God
    There is no off position on the Genius Switch.

At this stage of the recruiting process is OU have at over a 50% chance with any particular recruits? Don't see were OU is a strong favorite of anyone? Not trying to be a downer looking for some rays of hope.
    It's October 4th. Most of the kids being recruited everywhere are gonna think about all their possibilities and it is damn near impossible to know what they will do.

Only day that matters in Recruiting is Signing Day. Then, you wait 2-3 years to see how good or bad a class really is.
    The following users like this post: OU812

Maybe Jalen Reagor just wants to take his visits to be sure, like Cee Dee Lamb did. Lamb decommitted and then recommitted after taking visits. You all need to chill out. If he takes visits and decides to go elsewhere, at least he's doing it now and not at signing day. If he takes visits and recommits, then awesome. At least he doesn't have doubts. If he takes visits and someone else takes his spot, then that's the way it goes. There are 4 months to NSD. A lot can happen and will happen between now and then.
    4 users like psk2080's post: Bear_Jew, jdizzle, Leroy Jenkins, northspeter

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Guys don't worry, the core is there and isn't leaving. Reagor may leave but he will be on the losing end more often than not.

SS172DNxtLvL
    Problem is Reagor is the best player in the group, and at the position we need playmakers in the worst way (that and DL really). The way we bust on WRs, it seems like we need to bring in 9 per class and hope that 1-2 of them make something of themselves.

Losing Reagor would be a huge loss.
    2 users like ResidentEvil's post: DirtySouth_Sooner, Tempesooner56

Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    Problem is Reagor is the best player in the group, and at the position we need playmakers in the worst way (that and DL really). The way we bust on WRs, it seems like we need to bring in 9 per class and hope that 1-2 of them make something of themselves.

Losing Reagor would be a huge loss.

This^^^^. Dude is a PLAYMAKER I hope he ends up at OU

Most of this class will flip

Originally Posted by soonerbartender View Post
    Most of this class will flip
    Fawk no. There aren't any great teams and if they weren't going to tOSU, Bama or Michigan, they won't leave to anyone else

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Fawk no. There aren't any great teams and if they weren't going to tOSU, Bama or Michigan, they won't leave to anyone else
    A loss to Texas and we might have to start looking at not even filling this class cause all other coaches will say Stoops is gone

We don’t need front running players who don’t have the resolve to fight and overcome adversity.

funny you just described 90% of LT
    3 users like H82Lose's post: BernieMadoff, jdizzle, OU48A

Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    funny you just described 90% of LT
    Ordinarily I don’t believe I fit in that 90% and I suspect that 90% number is a tad high even for LT.
    I’m not blind to our problems at OU but I attempt to view most of OU’s major issues with the following in mind.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
    1 Corinthians 13:13
    The following users like this post: H82Lose

Ordinarily I don’t believe I fit in that 90% and I suspect that 90% number is a tad high even for LT.
    I’m not blind to our problems at OU but I attempt to view most of OU’s major issues with the following in mind.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
    1 Corinthians 13:13
    Mhmm. Love couldn't cover Noah Brown either.
    The following users like this post: OU48A

Originally Posted by soonerbartender View Post
    A loss to Texas and we might have to start looking at not even filling this class cause all other coaches will say Stoops is gone
    Hardly, Stoops gets at least another year and I want him gone so we can start to find our next great coach

No way he's out unless Boren and/or Castiglione leave too.

Bobby is gonna Beamer us. Wait til 7-5 is the norm before he retires