#SoonerSquad17 Discussion Thread

Posted 182 day(s) ago by p23570135388 Views 1310 Replies
Results 301 to 350 of 1311
Page 7 of 27 5 6 7 8 9 17
  1. #301
    Originally Posted by SoonernVolved View Post
    https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ope...september-26th


    most of you know that LSU has fired long time head coach Les Miles and offensive coordinator Cam Cameron. LSU is notorious for having excellent recruiting classes. Some LSU prospect were high on Oklahoma before their decision to commit to LSU. TFB reached out to a couple of players. Those players asked us to keep them anonymous for the time being.

    One commit said, “I’m open. Oklahoma is a great school and I will be reaching out to their staff this week.”

    Most of the recruits, however, were in shock and were just going to play it by ear for the time being. TFB spoke with one who said that he intends to talk with his parents in the next few days and then decide on his next move.

    TFB spoke to a source on the OU side of things and they have full intentions to reach out to several of the commits and get a feel for they may stand, currently, with LSU having a lame duck staff (it’s election year so I had to use that pun). Keep in mind that a number of their current commits are from Louisiana and may just feel like they want to stay put and play for LSU.

    As you can imagine, this is very tough on the youngsters who were hoping to be coached by Les Miles. The old adage of committing to a school and not a staff is easier said than done. These kids have built a bond and trust in the staff that they committed to at LSU. That staff won’t be there and there is no guarantee that the future staff will want to have them in their class. Some may not fit the new staff’s system. – (Brandon)
    Like I have said why would they come to OU???

  2. #302
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    24,005
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Punnel Vision

    Originally Posted by Nashvegas View Post
    Like I have said why would they come to OU???
    Not sure Jefe
    Last edited by barlowd; September 26th, 2016 at 06:55 PM.

  3. #303
    Because they know that they'll have the same coaching staff, regardless of how they perform. No rugs being pulled out from under them.

  4. #304
    They shouldn't be making that assumption ...

  5. #305
    Originally Posted by Nashvegas View Post
    Like I have said why would they come to OU???
    Oklahoma has a stable situation and know who their coaches will be,(unless Coach Stoops feels the need to shake up his defensive staff), vs the unknown of LSU & their situation right now.

  6. #306
    LSU will upgrade their coach. Les getting fired is bad for recruiting.

  7. #307
    Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    LSU will upgrade their coach. Les getting fired is bad for recruiting.
    Yes and no. It's bad for us if they grab someone legit early. But if they grab jimbo or Hermann after the season it would open up their respective classes as well. We just need the announcement to be as late as possible unless it affects strong then it's not as big a deal

  8. #308
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,529
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    This group of recruits may be the reason Bob Stoops still has his job. If OU loses top TCU and Texas the commits start shedding OU then what will be the reason to keep Bob around except for the price of the buyout? Lose the recruits, what will be the excuse for staying the course with this staff.

  9. #309
    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    This group of recruits may be the reason Bob Stoops still has his job. If OU loses top TCU and Texas the commits start shedding OU then what will be the reason to keep Bob around except for the price of the buyout? Lose the recruits, what will be the excuse for staying the course with this staff.
    It is exactly the reason Stoops seat isn't warm right now.
    The following users like this post: CrimsonHeaven


  10. #310
    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    This group of recruits may be the reason Bob Stoops still has his job. If OU loses top TCU and Texas the commits start shedding OU then what will be the reason to keep Bob around except for the price of the buyout? Lose the recruits, what will be the excuse for staying the course with this staff.
    THIS^^^. One would think Stoops would take a more active role in recruiting.... I honestly don't hear much about Bob hitting the recruiting trail. Actually, Not until the last week have i ever heard about him on the recruiting trail pounding the pavement. But who knows ???

  11. #311
    You honestly think a coach will want to come here if he has to worry about being fired a year after making the playoffs? OK then...as Morgan Freeman told the aspiring accountant in the Dark Knight: "good luck".
    2 users like jdizzle's post: BernieMadoff, soonerlarry


  12. #312
    ESPN seems to think Reagor is on flip watch

  13. #313
    Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    You honestly think a coach will want to come here if he has to worry about being fired a year after making the playoffs? OK then...as Morgan Freeman told the aspiring accountant in the Dark Knight: "good luck".
    This presupposes that there isn't already a 15 year history with Stoops and the last two years have occurred in a vacuum. Bad logic, bad.
    2 users like Hammer2Bones's post: Ryanougrad, Val on the Getner


  14. #314
    Originally Posted by Nashvegas View Post
    Like I have said why would they come to OU???
    This is your last warning on your constant trolling comments.

  15. #315
    Trivia God
    There is no off position on the Genius Switch.
    BernieMadoff's Avatar
    Posts
    3,383
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Originally Posted by Hammer2Bones View Post
    This presupposes that there isn't already a 15 year history with Stoops and the last two years have occurred in a vacuum. Bad logic, bad.
    That fact is gonna make Coaches more leery of coming to OU. They will think, "Gotdam, Bob did THAT well for THAT long and they wanted him out?"

  16. #316
    Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    ESPN seems to think Reagor is on flip watch
    That would be a big loss

  17. #317
    Anyone know the deal with Isaiah Epps, the wideout from Jenks who caught 5 TDs tonight? I saw on his Twitter that he had some small school offers.

  18. #318
    Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    ESPN seems to think Reagor is on flip watch
    Probably because he's taking an OV to TCU today but word is he's all OU.

  19. #319
    Originally Posted by SoonerAtty View Post
    Anyone know the deal with Isaiah Epps, the wideout from Jenks who caught 5 TDs tonight? I saw on his Twitter that he had some small school offers.
    No idea but he looks to be a good route runner.

    The following users like this post: SoonerAtty


  20. #320
    OU/tx weekend and we're the home team. Is anyone showing up this week for recruiting? I though I'd see a thread on that by now.

  21. #321
    mgsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    11,039
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tallsa

    Kennedy Brooks commits. I bumped his thread.
    2 users like mgsooner's post: BernieMadoff, DirtySouth_Sooner


  22. #322
    Reagor took OU commit out of his Twit bio. Most likely decommitting sometime this week. Rambo also received a TCU offer yesterday and the timing of the offer is interesting as the 2 are very good friends, though Rambo would be a tougher pull for TCU.

  23. #323
    TCU? lol Go to real football school if not OU.
    2 users like SoopaSooner's post: GoonerSooner, Silentsniper1516


  24. #324
    Kennedy Brooks is a good pickup. Really good back. Hopefully we can keep Reagor.

  25. #325
    OU is loaded at RB going forward with Sermon and Brooks, plus Abdul Adams and Rodney Anderson.

    That's assuming Mixon and/or Perine declare after this year

  26. #326
    Originally Posted by mborba22 View Post
    Reagor took OU commit out of his Twit bio. Most likely decommitting sometime this week. Rambo also received a TCU offer yesterday and the timing of the offer is interesting as the 2 are very good friends, though Rambo would be a tougher pull for TCU.
    Great. Is Barnes taking visits elsewhere?

    SS17 will self destruct in 5 seconds.

  27. #327
    We definitely need a win over Texas this weekend to get momentum back on our side.

  28. #328
    OU48A's Avatar
    Posts
    24,659
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norman

    We don’t need front running players who don’t have the resolve to fight and overcome adversity.
    The following users like this post: CrimsonHeaven


  29. #329
    Multiple commits have tweeted stuff like "OU forever" and "100% committed to OU". That's PROBABLY a good thing, but also asks the question as to why.

  30. #330
    Originally Posted by Silentsniper1516 View Post
    Multiple commits have tweeted stuff like "OU forever" and "100% committed to OU". That's PROBABLY a good thing, but also asks the question as to why.
    "Hamlet then turns to his mother and asks her, "Madam, how like you this play?", to which she replies "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    2 users like Adonijah_Aijalon's post: Champaign Sooner-Nova, Val on the Getner


  31. #331
    Starting to look more like Reagor is gonna flip.

  32. #332
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    24,005
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Punnel Vision

    Guys don't worry, the core is there and isn't leaving. Reagor may leave but he will be on the losing end more often than not.

    SS172DNxtLvL

  33. #333
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,529
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    What's with LBs? First it's fire Kish, then DeBerry and some top recruits come in, and it's give Kish more time, now complaints about LBs and it's fire Kish.
    Does this handcuff OU looking for LB help and when is the Kish circus going to be resolved? Feel this is a topic tied to recruiting.

  34. #334
    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    What's with LBs? First it's fire Kish, then DeBerry and some top recruits come in, and it's give Kish more time, now complaints about LBs and it's fire Kish.
    Does this handcuff OU looking for LB help and when is the Kish circus going to be resolved? Feel this is a topic tied to recruiting.
    Abe
    I've been saying get rid of his weak ass for awhile. Only reason mike brought him around is so he can have a drinking buddy

  35. #335
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    24,005
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Punnel Vision

    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    What's with LBs? First it's fire Kish, then DeBerry and some top recruits come in, and it's give Kish more time, now complaints about LBs and it's fire Kish.
    Does this handcuff OU looking for LB help and when is the Kish circus going to be resolved? Feel this is a topic tied to recruiting.

    Play the talent. If Jordan Evans plays a bad game this week, he is dead to me. Jordan Evans and Ahmad Thomas need to make way for the youth.
    3 users like barlowd's post: Boomer6671, CalSOONER, thatsoonerfan89


  36. #336
    Reagor changed everything in his twitter stuff. Might just be a coincidence but I think he's gone.

  37. #337

    He once

    was said to wanting to go to school with Charleston Rambo now rather that changed or not I do not know but we shall see.

  38. #338
    Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    It’s not at all BS…. In too many cases this has been the start of life long friendships and bonds that shared experiences bring… Good team players play as much for each other as anything else.
    Your cynicism is no more objective than a complete homer.
    bu...bu..but...but...the football brainiacs told me all is well?

    Haha like I said even great years we lose some , average years expect more to come

  39. #339
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,529
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    At this stage of the recruiting process is OU have at over a 50% chance with any particular recruits? Don't see were OU is a strong favorite of anyone? Not trying to be a downer looking for some rays of hope.

  40. #340
    Trivia God
    There is no off position on the Genius Switch.
    BernieMadoff's Avatar
    Posts
    3,383
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    At this stage of the recruiting process is OU have at over a 50% chance with any particular recruits? Don't see were OU is a strong favorite of anyone? Not trying to be a downer looking for some rays of hope.
    It's October 4th. Most of the kids being recruited everywhere are gonna think about all their possibilities and it is damn near impossible to know what they will do.

    Only day that matters in Recruiting is Signing Day. Then, you wait 2-3 years to see how good or bad a class really is.
    The following users like this post: OU812


  41. #341
    Maybe Jalen Reagor just wants to take his visits to be sure, like Cee Dee Lamb did. Lamb decommitted and then recommitted after taking visits. You all need to chill out. If he takes visits and decides to go elsewhere, at least he's doing it now and not at signing day. If he takes visits and recommits, then awesome. At least he doesn't have doubts. If he takes visits and someone else takes his spot, then that's the way it goes. There are 4 months to NSD. A lot can happen and will happen between now and then.
    4 users like psk2080's post: Bear_Jew, jdizzle, Leroy Jenkins, northspeter


  42. #342
    Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Guys don't worry, the core is there and isn't leaving. Reagor may leave but he will be on the losing end more often than not.

    SS172DNxtLvL
    Problem is Reagor is the best player in the group, and at the position we need playmakers in the worst way (that and DL really). The way we bust on WRs, it seems like we need to bring in 9 per class and hope that 1-2 of them make something of themselves.

    Losing Reagor would be a huge loss.
    2 users like ResidentEvil's post: DirtySouth_Sooner, Tempesooner56


  43. #343
    Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    Problem is Reagor is the best player in the group, and at the position we need playmakers in the worst way (that and DL really). The way we bust on WRs, it seems like we need to bring in 9 per class and hope that 1-2 of them make something of themselves.

    Losing Reagor would be a huge loss.

    This^^^^. Dude is a PLAYMAKER I hope he ends up at OU

  44. #344
    Most of this class will flip

  45. #345
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    24,005
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Punnel Vision

    Originally Posted by soonerbartender View Post
    Most of this class will flip
    Fawk no. There aren't any great teams and if they weren't going to tOSU, Bama or Michigan, they won't leave to anyone else

  46. #346
    Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Fawk no. There aren't any great teams and if they weren't going to tOSU, Bama or Michigan, they won't leave to anyone else
    A loss to Texas and we might have to start looking at not even filling this class cause all other coaches will say Stoops is gone

  47. #347
    Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    We don’t need front running players who don’t have the resolve to fight and overcome adversity.

    funny you just described 90% of LT
    3 users like H82Lose's post: BernieMadoff, jdizzle, OU48A


  48. #348
    OU48A's Avatar
    Posts
    24,659
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norman

    Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    funny you just described 90% of LT
    Ordinarily I don’t believe I fit in that 90% and I suspect that 90% number is a tad high even for LT.
    I’m not blind to our problems at OU but I attempt to view most of OU’s major issues with the following in mind.

    "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
    1 Corinthians 13:13
    The following users like this post: H82Lose


  49. #349
    Mjcpr's Avatar
    Posts
    4,290
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK

    Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    Ordinarily I don’t believe I fit in that 90% and I suspect that 90% number is a tad high even for LT.
    I’m not blind to our problems at OU but I attempt to view most of OU’s major issues with the following in mind.

    "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
    1 Corinthians 13:13
    Mhmm. Love couldn't cover Noah Brown either.
    The following users like this post: OU48A


  50. #350
    Originally Posted by soonerbartender View Post
    A loss to Texas and we might have to start looking at not even filling this class cause all other coaches will say Stoops is gone
    Hardly, Stoops gets at least another year and I want him gone so we can start to find our next great coach


    No way he's out unless Boren and/or Castiglione leave too.

    Bobby is gonna Beamer us. Wait til 7-5 is the norm before he retires

Similar Threads

  1. ***2013-14-NBA-Discussion-Thread***
    By aaron7 in forum Basketball
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: September 30th, 2013, 05:38 PM
  2. ***2012-13 NBA Discussion Thread***
    By SoopaSooner in forum Basketball
    Replies: 2464
    Last Post: June 26th, 2013, 11:23 AM
  3. Tattoo discussion thread
    By Coach in forum The Pub
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: May 12th, 2013, 02:17 PM

Tags for this Thread