***Official 2016/17 Oklahoma City Thunder Regular Season Thread***

Posted 423 day(s) ago by Bear_Jew642553 Views 10426 Replies
Results 10,401 to 10,427 of 10427
Page 209 of 209 109 159 199 207 208 209
  1. #10401
    theend's Avatar
    Posts
    3,542
    Join Date
    Oct 2015

    Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    That's my argument.

    It is Presti's job to not be blindsided.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    And do you realize what outcry there would be if he traded Durant? Bc there is no way in hell Durant would come out and tell the media he was traded bc he wasn't going to resign. Zero percent chance.

    So I guy that still gets crucified for trading harden is not going to trade kd. Especially when he thinks kd is going to resign.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: freedombird


  2. #10402
    theend's Avatar
    Posts
    3,542
    Join Date
    Oct 2015

    Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    No no no, I'm not saying KD shoulda been traded.

    I'm saying go all out balls to the wall to try and win a title while he's here tax be damned.

    Basically shit can the sustainability plan.

    There are moves that could've been made that weren't because of sustainability.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like you keep changing narratives.

    Let's stop with this topic and get back to thundering up


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: Section31


  3. #10403
    Originally Posted by theend View Post
    And do you realize what outcry there would be if he traded Durant? Bc there is no way in hell Durant would come out and tell the media he was traded bc he wasn't going to resign. Zero percent chance.

    So I guy that still gets crucified for trading harden is not going to trade kd. Especially when he thinks kd is going to resign.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was just a perfect storm for golden state. They had plenty of room to sign kd and stay under the cap. If kd had gone to a team that needed to unload more pieces then we could have hoped for a sign and trade. We didn't have a need for bogut and I think Barnes had already ageeed to join the mavs.
    But really none of that matters if Russ agrees to a 6 year deal in a little over a year. As long as we have Russ we will be one of the most competitive teams.
    The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder


  4. #10404
    Originally Posted by theend View Post
    Sounds like you keep changing narratives.

    Let's stop with this topic and get back to thundering up


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I never once said he should have been traded.

    I said the time he was here should have been better maximized instead of operating like he was going to be a Thunder for life.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

  5. #10405
    Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    It was just a perfect storm for golden state. They had plenty of room to sign kd and stay under the cap. If kd had gone to a team that needed to unload more pieces then we could have hoped for a sign and trade. We didn't have a need for bogut and I think Barnes had already ageeed to join the mavs.
    But really none of that matters if Russ agrees to a 6 year deal in a little over a year. As long as we have Russ we will be one of the most competitive teams.
    Not to #wellactually you, but a sign and trade was not available anyway since he just did the 1+1.

    The new contract has to be for at least 3 years to be eligible for the sign n trade.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: Zack


  6. #10406
    StroudSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    8,123
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    OKC

    So, does harden get a whistle every time he throws his head back tonight? I've always thought the beard plays into that, makes the move easier to see. Pretty effective, like how Durant's sweep move worked for so long.
    The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder


  7. #10407
    MadMex's Avatar
    Posts
    5,430
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liquor Sto'

    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Not all of them. Several people on LT predicted KD would leave, including me.
    Blind squirrels. Nobody had any inside info. Just guessed correctly on a will or won't go scenario. Props for guessing right though. I was certainly blindsided. Didn't finish my burger and got too drunk to enjoy the fireworks.
    The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder


  8. #10408
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    37,538
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    As time went on it was much easier to see but if you predicted it a day after game 7 of the CFs then you were just throwing shit at the wall. Nothing he said or did combined with how close OKC was pointed that direction....unless you are a family member of the Durants...and I've seen your picture and doubt you are.
    I predicted it prior to the season. Maybe even prior to the previous season.

    I've also been predicting Russ will leave.

    Originally Posted by MadMex View Post
    Blind squirrels. Nobody had any inside info. Just guessed correctly on a will or won't go scenario. Props for guessing right though. I was certainly blindsided. Didn't finish my burger and got too drunk to enjoy the fireworks.
    Blind squirrel is a bad analogy. More like just an understanding of human nature and knowing that NBA star players want maximum exposure. I actually thought Durant would go back east.

    I think Russ wants to go out west. Showtime.

  9. #10409
    MadMex's Avatar
    Posts
    5,430
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liquor Sto'

    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Blind squirrel is a bad analogy. More like just an understanding of human nature and knowing that NBA star players want maximum exposure. I actually thought Durant would go back east.

    I think Russ wants to go out west. Showtime.
    That's fair. I'm just saying it was a one or the other scenario. Surely some people thought he'd bolt. I sure wasn't one of them. In hindsight I don't think it helped his brand. But maybe made him happier.

    I do think it was because of Russ. The amount of alpha Russ has was too much for his personality.

    I don't see Russ leaving but hey, I've obviously been wrong before. I hope OKC gives him what he needs to be happy. He's already got quite a legacy here. We'll see.

    Why not?
    2 users like MadMex's post: freedombird, Stinger_1066


  10. #10410
    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    I predicted it prior to the season. Maybe even prior to the previous season.

    I've also been predicting Russ will leave.



    Blind squirrel is a bad analogy. More like just an understanding of human nature and knowing that NBA star players want maximum exposure. I actually thought Durant would go back east.

    I think Russ wants to go out west. Showtime.
    Your prediction with Durant was dead wrong, then. He didn't get close to "maximum exposure" in Golden State. He's sharing the spotlight with 3 other stars there. If he was looking for exposure, that's the last place he would have gone. Even as far as markets, San Fran is hardly a "sports town."

  11. #10411
    Originally Posted by MadMex View Post
    That's fair. I'm just saying it was a one or the other scenario. Surely some people thought he'd bolt. I sure wasn't one of them. In hindsight I don't think it helped his brand. But maybe made him happier.

    I do think it was because of Russ. The amount of alpha Russ has was too much for his personality.

    I don't see Russ leaving but hey, I've obviously been wrong before. I hope OKC gives him what he needs to be happy. He's already got quite a legacy here. We'll see.

    Why not?
    On Russ leaving, it just depends on how the next year goes. He set himself up for a huge pay day with okc and maybe more endorsements by changing a bit of his persona. But I do believe that if he leaves, he will handle it much more gracefully even though it's going to sting worse than kd.
    The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder


  12. #10412
    theend's Avatar
    Posts
    3,542
    Join Date
    Oct 2015

    Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    I never once said he should have been traded.

    I said the time he was here should have been better maximized instead of operating like he was going to be a Thunder for life.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    No but you said he shouldn't have been blindsided. To me that means he should have known he was leaving and trad d him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #10413
    Originally Posted by theend View Post
    No but you said he shouldn't have been blindsided. To me that means he should have known he was leaving and trad d him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No that means you make a move now to help you win now even if that move is going to put you in a bad spot in a year or two.

    If there's a chance KD is leaving who cares about a year or two later?

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: freedombird


  14. #10414
    I'm not like SoonerTech and second guess every Presti move like taking Stevo over Giannis because drafting is a crapshoot and Presti has many more hits than misses.

    My criticism is philosophical, Presti played it too safe.

    I hope like hell he learned from his mistakes, gets Russ to sign the extension and dramatically improves the team this summer.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

  15. #10415
    Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    No that means you make a move now to help you win now even if that move is going to put you in a bad spot in a year or two.

    If there's a chance KD is leaving who cares about a year or two later?

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    Once and for all---Durant inflicted intentional damage on the Thunder revealing more than words can say about his character. Westbrook saved the Thunder by extending his contract. I fervently hope he signs the long term package. Whatever Russ does we should always be grateful for his honesty and loyalty. Some things just can not be properly valued until we have time to reflect on the circumstances involved.
    3 users like freedombird's post: ChocoLab, RedStripe, SoonerVikeThunder


  16. #10416
    theend's Avatar
    Posts
    3,542
    Join Date
    Oct 2015

    Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    No that means you make a move now to help you win now even if that move is going to put you in a bad spot in a year or two.

    If there's a chance KD is leaving who cares about a year or two later?

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    I completely disagree but it's cool


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #10417
    Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    I'm not like SoonerTech and second guess every Presti move like taking Stevo over Giannis because drafting is a crapshoot and Presti has many more hits than misses.

    My criticism is philosophical, Presti played it too safe.

    I hope like hell he learned from his mistakes, gets Russ to sign the extension and dramatically improves the team this summer.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    If you look back Presti went all in bringing Perk here. But then Perk lost a step however his then big contract hurt us. Name all these big moves Presti was supposed to make. And then if he makes em during the "injury" years we are screwed bad. And in last hears healthy year we would not have that roster.

    I just totally disagree with your premise that Presti ****ed up. Scotty did when we made finals by starting Perk. Harden shit the bed too. After that it was injuries. Then last year we had the roster and Billy had us in position but KD choked.

    You can't tell me you would have "known" which year to go all in knowing when we would have injuries to know "not" to go all those years. If we go all in the wrong year we are ****ed!!

    I am not saying he could not have made some better moves over the years but you keep tying it all to KD. KD pussied out he is a follower and killed his rep with fans around the league. This is not a LBJ building a team this is KD going to a team that broke an all time winning record. There is no GM who could have predicted KD leaving to then know how to time it.

    In fact looking at it your way Presti timed it perfect and was going to have this years team built by adding players at just the right time. Dipo was added and Horford was enroute. This was heading into prime Russ/KD time. Then KD went full **** mode and left.

    I think you've been listening to too many non Thunder fans. I find folks who do not follow Thunder as fanantically as we do are most prone to blame Presti for KD leaving. And they are wrong. Unless something comes out someday none of us were privy too. But KD is to blame for KD leaving.
    2 users like SoonerVikeThunder's post: freedombird, RedStripe


  18. #10418
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    37,538
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    Your prediction with Durant was dead wrong, then. He didn't get close to "maximum exposure" in Golden State. He's sharing the spotlight with 3 other stars there. If he was looking for exposure, that's the last place he would have gone. Even as far as markets, San Fran is hardly a "sports town."
    This story begs to differ with you:

    Warriors have been most watched team on NBA League Pass

    He's playing for the most watched team in the league. Plus they're highly likely to be on TV for two more months.

  19. #10419
    Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    Your prediction with Durant was dead wrong, then. He didn't get close to "maximum exposure" in Golden State. He's sharing the spotlight with 3 other stars there. If he was looking for exposure, that's the last place he would have gone. Even as far as markets, San Fran is hardly a "sports town."
    That's an ignorant statement. Ever been to a Giants or 49ers game?
    3 users like SoonerDevil's post: 2121sooner, goldenokiebear, Mixer!


  20. #10420
    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    This story begs to differ with you:

    Warriors have been most watched team on NBA League Pass

    He's playing for the most watched team in the league. Plus they're highly likely to be on TV for two more months.
    Inconclusive. Would okc have been watched more than GS is if he had stayed and Horford had come? Or where would Boston be? Or the Lakers. Max exposure--he's tops now, but would he be getting more viewers elsewhere?
    The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder


  21. #10421
    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    This story begs to differ with you:

    Warriors have been most watched team on NBA League Pass

    He's playing for the most watched team in the league. Plus they're highly likely to be on TV for two more months.
    Who do you think has had more articles and stories written about them by a factor of about 5 to 1? The guy in Oklahoma City, not another cog in the Golden State machine. He would have gotten more individual exposure by going anywhere else. If he'd have stayed in OKC, this would have been the most watched team on league pass, or at least right up there with GS. He didn't leave for "exposure."
    The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder


  22. #10422
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    37,538
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Inconclusive. Would okc have been watched more than GS is if he had stayed and Horford had come? Or where would Boston be? Or the Lakers. Max exposure--he's tops now, but would he be getting more viewers elsewhere?
    Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    Who do you think has had more articles and stories written about them by a factor of about 5 to 1? The guy in Oklahoma City, not another cog in the Golden State machine. He would have gotten more individual exposure by going anywhere else. If he'd have stayed in OKC, this would have been the most watched team on league pass, or at least right up there with GS. He didn't leave for "exposure."
    The article I linked was for the 2015 / 2016 season, when Durant was still in OKC. GSW were the most watched team that season.

    He wanted more exposure, less responsibility, and as close of a guarantee of a championship as anyone can get.

  23. #10423
    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    The article I linked was for the 2015 / 2016 season, when Durant was still in OKC. GSW were the most watched team that season.

    He wanted more exposure, less responsibility, and as close of a guarantee of a championship as anyone can get.
    So he's a sissy.

  24. #10424
    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    The article I linked was for the 2015 / 2016 season, when Durant was still in OKC. GSW were the most watched team that season.

    He wanted more exposure, less responsibility, and as close of a guarantee of a championship as anyone can get.
    And when GS was going for an all time record.
    The following users like this post: ChocoLab


  25. #10425
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    And when GS was going for an all time record.
    And the Thunder were the 3rd most watched THIS YEAR. What does that say? If they pick up a legit 2-way wing in FA and some of the younger guys make the leap to get better, this team is right back in it.

    I think it's fair to say they easily win 50+ this year if not for untimely injuries and they were competitive with quite a few glaring holes in their lineup. Address those issues (if possible) and we're not far from where we were a year ago

  26. #10426
    Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    Who do you think has had more articles and stories written about them by a factor of about 5 to 1? The guy in Oklahoma City, not another cog in the Golden State machine. He would have gotten more individual exposure by going anywhere else. If he'd have stayed in OKC, this would have been the most watched team on league pass, or at least right up there with GS. He didn't leave for "exposure."
    True. He left for the "style of play", not exposure - he already had plenty of that.

  27. #10427
    2121sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    4,286
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Mods, can we please close this thread.

    I think it's taking away from the great discussions over in the playoff thread.

    TIAFCTT
    The following users like this post: Keef


Similar Threads

  1. ***OFFICIAL 2016/17 NBA Regular Season Thread***
    By Mixer! in forum Basketball
    Replies: 678
    Last Post: April 16th, 2017, 10:10 PM
  2. ***Official Oklahoma City Thunder Off-Season Thread***
    By SoonerTech in forum Heisman Park
    Replies: 7587
    Last Post: October 4th, 2016, 04:00 AM
  3. Replies: 9861
    Last Post: June 6th, 2016, 07:39 AM
  4. Replies: 8927
    Last Post: April 19th, 2016, 06:17 PM
  5. Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)
    By OrangeBlossom in forum Game Threads
    Replies: 8660
    Last Post: May 18th, 2013, 10:56 AM

Tags for this Thread