***Official 2016/17 Oklahoma City Thunder Regular Season Thread***

Posted 334 day(s) ago 468483 Views 10426 Replies
Page 1 of 209 1 2 3 11 51 101

OKC Thunder ***Official 2016/17 Oklahoma City Thunder Regular Season Thread***

Presti's press conference begins today. Media day is on Friday, and camp starts on Saturday.

Vegas set over/under at 45.5 wins.

Questions of interest:

1. Will Presti make another move to improve this roster prior to beginning of the regular season?
    2. How will the offense change? Will there be more movement on offense (passing & off-ball movement) than in the past or will it be Westbrook hero ball (especially at the end of games)
    3. How will oladipo fit in on this roster, and will he take a step forward in his career?

Let's do this! Thunder up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Bear_Jew View Post
    Presti's press conference begins today. Media day is on Friday, and camp starts on Saturday.

Vegas set over/under at 45.5 wins.

Questions of interest:

1. Will Presti make another move to improve this roster prior to beginning of the regular season?
    2. How will the offense change? Will there be more movement on offense (passing & off-ball movement) than in the past or will it be Westbrook hero ball (especially at the end of games)
    3. How will oladipo fit in on this roster, and will he take a step forward in his career?

Let's do this! Thunder up!

45.5 is a fair number. Although, if I were in Vegas (and had money to bet) I would take the over. I am thinking 48-50 wins.
    2 users like Malicong's post: Bear_Jew, SoonerRO

There will be a lot more movement. This should open up lanes to drive for both Oladipo and Russ.

KD really can stall on offense despite being an incredible scorer.
    2 users like htownSOONER's post: Bear_Jew, SoonerRO

Originally Posted by htownSOONER View Post
    There will be a lot more movement. This should open up lanes to drive for both Oladipo and Russ.

KD really can stall on offense despite being an incredible scorer.
    Our 3 point shooting will be horrendous though. Wonder if Morrow will get more PT this season.

3 users like Bear_Jew's post: BoomerSooner1997, nstinson, SoonerRO

Our 3 point shooting will be horrendous though. Wonder if Morrow will get more PT this season.

It will be, hopefully Roberson, Oladipo and Westbrook have been working hard on it. Illyasova can shoot it.

Three point shooting doesn't bother me so much because I think Billy realizes as much and will work on different areas to counteract the weakness with movement like has already been mentioned.

There are different ways to skin a cat or some such

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

Brett Dawson (@BDawsonWrites) is the new Thunder scribe at Newsok.

Here is to hoping he's not a wannabe hipster douche like Slater.

The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder

Last edited by SG1; September 21st, 2016 at 04:34 PM.

Presti: "the thunder is one continuous experience"

Lol

It sounds like the Thunder are going to focus on being much better defensively this season

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    It sounds like the Thunder are going to focus on being much better defensively this season

A necessity due to Durant leaving, if we want to be successful this season

45.5 sounds about right to me especially with the uncertainty at SF. If Presti can pull off some magic and fill that position of need then filling a lot better about getting home court in the first round.

Also seems like Presti is emphasizing they want to find competitive advantages instead of just trying to be like every other team in the league (e.g. GS and Houston)

Will we become more of a traditional team and have more post game this season?

I think the NW division champ will be the 3rd seed.

I think the lack of 3 pt shooting will be counteracted by just getting to the foul line a lot. With the athleticism of the back court we're going to force a lot of fouls.

Also seems like Presti is emphasizing they want to find competitive advantages instead of just trying to be like every other team in the league (e.g. GS and Houston)

Will we become more of a traditional team and have more post game this season?

Makes a lot of sense with the guys we've got on the roster. I feel like we're going to be very heavy on the pick and roll game

Season is upon us

Thread title needs "year" though for clarity sake... "Official 2016/17 Thunder..."

Take Wolves and the over

Just like NFL a great D can more than make up for less O. And it can frustrate the hell out of high scoring teams. But players have to all buy in.
    The following users like this post: MadMex

Khris Middleton tore his hamstring so bad it required surgery and he's now out six months.

Oof

Khris Middleton tore his hamstring so bad it required surgery and he's now out six months.

Oof

Damn, he just signed a 100 million dollar contract too.

KD is gonna see a lot of this all season long. He pissed off so many fanbases plus a lot of press didn't like him ring chasing. He is weak minded and I think it will bother him too. He was being honored Mon night at Skins game for Olympics and got some decent booing.

Kevin Durant receives some boos by D.C. fans at Monday Night Football game

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ke...football-game/
    The following users like this post: BoomerSooner1997

Originally Posted by SoonerVikeThunder View Post
    KD is gonna see a lot of this all season long. He pissed off so many fanbases plus a lot of press didn't like him ring chasing. He is weak minded and I think it will bother him too. He was being honored Mon night at Skins game for Olympics and got some decent booing.

Kevin Durant receives some boos by D.C. fans at Monday Night Football game

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ke...football-game/
    Why can i not like this as many times as I want?

Originally Posted by BoomerSooner1997 View Post
    Why can i not like this as many times as I want?
    Of course his Mom will still be at games to serve him milk and cookies afterwards.

Originally Posted by DirtyBob View Post
    I think the lack of 3 pt shooting will be counteracted by just getting to the foul line a lot. With the athleticism of the back court we're going to force a lot of fouls.
    Three point baskets are momentum changers. Drain a couple in a row, and teams are able to shift the mood of the game, and fuel runs. Steals and transition baskets have a similar effect. I'm kind of hoping with our dedication to defense (and athleticism), will end up being our "3-point barrage." We all know Russ and Dipo can throw down, so it should be fun to see.

That's all to say, that yeah, I'm sure we'll be getting to the foul line a ton, which should increase opposing team's rotations, and result in easy baskets for us. But free throws tend to slow the game down, as opposed to three pointers, which can speed things up and break the backs of opponents.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Media day is here

Let the season and the wrath of Russ commence.

The following users like this post: MadMex

Russ when asked about whether him and KD are still cool:

"I haven't talked to him." Lol.

2 users like Bear_Jew's post: ChocoLab, freedombird

Russ' definition of cool =/= a certain turncoat's definition of cool.

Real stand up guy that KD

Lulz out loud

Where's McBro?

2 users like SG1's post: kopp0e, Strangers

Where's McBro?

Looks like Abrines wandered into the pic then Steve-O wouldn't let him leave.

Hoping this team can really dedicate itself on the defensive side of the ball. There's no way to replace KD's offense. Defense would be one way to mitigate that loss.

Kelvin Sampson always used to say that you won't shoot the ball well every night, but there's no excuse for not playing D every night.
    3 users like Pullhook's post: East_Texas_Sooner, kopp0e, SoonerVikeThunder

Originally Posted by Pullhook View Post
    Hoping this team can really dedicate itself on the defensive side of the ball. There's no way to replace KD's offense. Defense would be one way to mitigate that loss.

Kelvin Sampson always used to say that you won't shoot the ball well every night, but there's no excuse for not playing D every night.
    think that's the case.

There was a lot of talk about defense today.

0_0

October 26th can't get here fast enough.

Where's McBro?

Gone up in Smoke !

0_0

Lmao
    Booooom
    3 users like DirtyBob's post: BoomerSooner1997, freedombird, SoonerVikeThunder

0_0

Lol that is telling!
    The following users like this post: freedombird

Shouts to the six year old at my daughter's volleyball match in the Durant Warriors shirsey.

#greatparenting

Victor Oladipo said Russ sings him to sleep lol

Hallelujah

http://m.newsok.com/all-six-thunder-...rticle/5519613

The following users like this post: chantundefeated

Am I the only one here who feels like the thunder will provide me with much more enjoyment and return on my emotional investment as a fan this year? I am already disengaged from the Sooner football season (I only look forwardthe RRS and bedlam now) .
    3 users like Spade1000's post: MikeLucky, oucub23, OUMarty

Originally Posted by Spade1000 View Post
    Am I the only one here who feels like the thunder will provide me with much more enjoyment and return on my emotional investment as a fan this year? I am already disengaged from the Sooner football season (I only look forwardthe RRS and bedlam now) .
    You look forward to being blown out by Texas?

I agree with the sentiments about the basketball season though
    The following users like this post: kopp0e

The Thunder are going to be better than people think and the reason will be defense.

The following users like this post: freedombird

The Thunder are going to be better than people think and the reason will be defense.

Just keep Mike Stoops far far away...
    2 users like SoonerVikeThunder's post: Bear_Jew, Spade1000

I think with Adrian Griffin we got circa 2000 Mike Stoops.

Listening to media day stuff and I think this flew under the radar and is telling, Russ is asked about Kevin not being here and he immediately mentions Serge and Dion also not here anymore.

4 users like SG1's post: DirtyBob, freedombird, kopp0e, OrangeBlossom

I know the Thunder overall record will undoubtedly decline but yes I'm excited very much to see Russ grow as a leader. Watch him and Oladipo form the most athletic backcourt in the league. See Adams continue growth and also see what all Billy comes up with after a strong showing in the postseason.

2 users like OUMarty's post: freedombird, SoonerVikeThunder

Billy outcoached the rest in playoffs and out us in position to polish off GS but KD had other ideas.

I look forward to his year 2 guy can flat out coach and I think Russ loves him.

KD can try to spin it all he wants but it is obvious he didn't want to play with Russ anymore. He should have known better than to think Russ was going to play along with this bullshit spin job he's attempting.

Either that or he was told by Nike and Roc Nation that he needed to change teams to shake up his shoe sales and endorsements, but the point still stands.

A lineup featuring KD, Russ, Vic, Horford and Stevo would have had a big shot to win a championship, but not a virtual guarantee like going to GSW and weakening the biggest rival in the process.

Quite the competitor, that guy.

[QUOTE=OUMarty;3041267]I know the Thunder overall record will undoubtedly decline but yes I'm excited very much to see Russ grow as a leader. Watch him and Oladipo form the most athletic backcourt in the league. See Adams continue growth and also see what all Billy comes up with after a strong showing in the postseason.

I think people are overlooking Kanter--he and Russ seem to communicate on and off the court well---this whole team seems to be a solid unit with surprising potential. I am surprised McPot is still on the roster.

God I love Adams! He used the "no English" card when talking with KG one time lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ErikHorne...97877372571648
    2 users like SoonerVikeThunder's post: Bear_Jew, freedombird