***Official 2016/17 Oklahoma City Thunder Regular Season Thread***

Posted 245 day(s) ago by Bear_Jew317706 Views 10426 Replies
Results 3,601 to 3,650 of 10427
Page 73 of 209 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173
    Dunleavy is finished.

Originally Posted by OUMarty View Post
    His strength is the drive and pull up jumper not the three pointer I think we can all agree on that. Of course it's no guarantee but I think he's bailing the defense out by not putting pressure on them by doing that.

He also doesn't have to shoot the last shot, draw the defenders and drive and kick it to the wide open guy that's all I'm saying.
    Exactly. He should do like Harden last night with Nene. Or at least drive to the hole and get to the line.

AMo has been sitting the last few games and we've been losing.
    The following users like this post: Squad

What the **** are you waiting for Presti?

Hurry up and trade for this guy.

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    What the **** are you waiting for Presti?

Hurry up and trade for this guy.

May as well. He'll probably sit half his games here anyway.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    AMo has been sitting the last few games and we've been losing.
    AMo is not good.

Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    AMo is not good.
    You may be right. He spaces the floor though. We win more when he plays.

Abrines has been playing.

Abrines spaces the floor.

Houston was showing him mad respect last night.

Abrines is the future.

A Mo is not.

If it's either or give me Abrines. But even better would be to play them together.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    3 users like SG1's post: HeroOfTheDay, Morningwood, OUMarty

Abrines has been playing.

Abrines spaces the floor.

Houston was showing him mad respect last night.

Abrines is the future.

A Mo is not.

If it's either or give me Abrines. But even better would be to play them together.

Agree with all of this. Instead, we get Grant and Dre together. We see teams go on massive runs and we can't stop them--that's what Nick has always been. A stabilizer. 5m a game max as a run stopper would be valuable. Instead, we don't, and we have to fight our way back.

Roberson does a good job on Harden.

What ultimately killed us last night is that Stevo didn't have a very good game.

He just seemed a bit off, just a step slow all night.

4 users like SG1's post: ChocoLab, kopp0e, SoonerVikeThunder, theSeanDon

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/he...-to-grizzlies/
    The following users like this post: ChocoLab

Cam is back tonight.

He went 6/7 from three in his last game with the Blue.

The following users like this post: Strangers

Been saying that for years...

Also

7. Durant settles for a clear-out, isolation jumper. Durant is 2-for-9 in clutch time (inside the final five minutes, within a five-point game) ISO shots, and is 7-of-25 overall in clutch time shooting. He's 3-of-12 in the final two minutes of a close game.
    3. Steph Curry dismissively tosses him the ball. Curry's clearly not happy with it, and just relents. Apparently when Curry was texting Durant and saying he didn't care whose team it was in the summer, he didn't mean that Durant could just hijack the offense when he felt like it.
    2 users like ChocoLab's post: SoonerVikeThunder, theSeanDon

Roberson does a good job on Harden.

What ultimately killed us last night is that Stevo didn't have a very good game.

He just seemed a bit off, just a step slow all night.

Steve wasn't that bad and when Russ decides to work stats instead of use others it makes it harder on others to get involved and into flow of game. Russ has to be smarter we had a chance to win all 3 games and be 4 seed (while Clips were dinged up) imstead we dropped to 7.

Steves stats top is season avg bottom is Rox game:

12.1p / 2.4ft / 7.8r / 1.1a / 1bl / 1.3st
    8p / 4ft / 8r / 3a / 2bl / 2st

He was above all but 1 stat (points) and points were down mainly due to less Russ assists thrown his way. Steve avgs 8.1 shots per game and only took 6.

Glorious!

Last warriors team was special and doesn't seem like it's a championship team yet, but I laughed at LeBrons early heat and cavs return as well so I'm not gonna say they won't win
    3 users like JD_Sooners's post: kopp0e, louisianasooner, theSeanDon

As big of a thug as Green is, he is right. Let's hope this is the beginning of the locker room collapse that we predicted would happen with that many stars on this "superteam."

How bout them Grizzlies!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So GS may have a schism brewing lol

Originally Posted by louisianasooner View Post
    As big of a thug as Green is, he is right. Let's hope this is the beginning of the locker room collapse that we predicted would happen with that many stars on this "superteam."

How bout them Grizzlies!!

How many times do you think Russ or nick or Perkins wanted to do this to kd? But they knew they would get a lot of backlash.

Kudos to green for calling him out

The following users like this post: kopp0e

Anybody miss cupcake being the ball handler in a pick n roll?

If it's not a turnover it's this.

A running fadeaway 8 footer is definitely a much better shot than Steph wide the **** open from three.

Green is 100 sticks of tnt just waiting to go off. Hoping he kicks KD in the nuts soon.
    3 users like SoonerVikeThunder's post: ChocoLab, Strangers, theSeanDon

Originally Posted by SoonerVikeThunder View Post
    Green is 100 sticks of tnt just waiting to go off. Hoping he kicks KD in the nuts soon.
    Now now, we don't want to encourage domestic violence.
    3 users like ChocoLab's post: chewyhux, freedombird, SoonerVikeThunder

Originally Posted by theend View Post
    How many times do you think Russ or nick or Perkins wanted to do this to kd? But they knew they would get a lot of backlash.

Kudos to green for calling him out

Who would he get backlash from? Since KD left, you guys have been saying that Russ has been the leader in the locker room for a while, I remember somebody posting that Kanter or Adams had tweeted something along those lines as well.

So if Russ had the locker room, and this was HIS team.....why would there be backlash?

From ownership? From Presti? From Donovan?

If Russ had the locker room and blasted KD, wouldn't that be quite an indictment of them not having a working knowledge of the dynamic of the team?

Honest questions all?

I have said that Russ *should* have been the leader all along but acquiesced to cupcake because his psyche was fragile enough that not being the leader would have bothered him because as the *best* player on the team he was *supposed* to be the leader.

Russ could give a ****.

I have said that Russ *should* have been the leader all along but acquiesced to cupcake because his psyche was fragile enough that not being the leader would have bothered him because as the *best* player on the team he was *supposed* to be the leader.

Russ could give a ****.

This
    The following users like this post: freedombird

Holy Lebron

3 users like SG1's post: kopp0e, MikeLucky, theSeanDon

Holy Lebron

I feel Russ has contributed to 5 losses this year where we had a chance to win. Of course on flip side he has contributed to every single win too.

Last year I felt of the 19 blown 4th qtr losses that Cupcake was the culprit in most of them.

Another point, with Cupcake our annointed nice guy and Russ the blame guy, that contributed to losses last year where Russ had to appease Cupcakes fragile ego and give him the ball a lot late in games.

Its just these last 3 games where Russ fell off the wagon up til then he has played outstanding excepting the 2 other iso games.

Originally Posted by 2121sooner View Post
    Who would he get backlash from? Since KD left, you guys have been saying that Russ has been the leader in the locker room for a while, I remember somebody posting that Kanter or Adams had tweeted something along those lines as well.

So if Russ had the locker room, and this was HIS team.....why would there be backlash?

From ownership? From Presti? From Donovan?

If Russ had the locker room and blasted KD, wouldn't that be quite an indictment of them not having a working knowledge of the dynamic of the team?

Honest questions all?
    Mainly the media. And it would fuel the narrative that Russ is a problem

But I'm sure presto wouldn't like it either bc he knew it would hurt kds fragile heart

3 users like theend's post: 2121sooner, kopp0e, theSeanDon

I think Russ will come around.

I think the late game 3's are when he doesn't have any other options whether he's too gassed to drive or the defense has us bottled up.

With the burden Russ is carrying he feels like he *has* to make all the plays, especially in crunch time.

I think it'll take Billy sitting with him, watching film and telling him it's okay Russ, if you are a bit gassed give the ball to Vic and let him run a possession or two. Or if the defense is overloading on you too much, give the ball to Vic, he can create.

I think you gotta give Russ permission to allow himself to not feel like he is responsible for everything by himself.

Unless it's the super star thing then we gotta deal with it. But I don't think so, I think Russ feels obligated to do everything himself and make all the plays for himself and others.

2 users like SG1's post: freedombird, Spade1000

Lets look at the GS possessions starting at the 7:13 mark of 4th qtr, to illustrate what we saw last year with KK on our our team (KupKake):

7:13: Bad pass turnover KK
    6:48: DG missed layup
    6:17: KT missed FT 1
    6:17: KT missed FT 2
    5:38: DG missed 3 point shot
    5:16: SC missed 3 point shot
    4:42: KK missed jump shot
    4:15: SC lost ball turnover
    4:04: ZP made FT 1
    4:04: ZP made FT 2
    3:37: KK missed FT 1
    3:37: KK missed FT 2
    3:15: SC made jump shot
    2:32: KK missed 3 point shot
    1:57: KK missed FT 1
    1:57: KK made FT 2
    1:19: SC made jump shot
    0:43: SC missed 3 point shot
    0:22: KK missed 3 point shot
    0:01: SC missed 3 point shot

Also, lets not forget the home cooking GS got from refs. Free Throws were:

GS: 29-39
    ME: 15-19

A 20 shot disparity? Are you kidding me?

I think Russ will come around.

I think the late game 3's are when he doesn't have any other options whether he's too gassed to drive or the defense has us bottled up.

With the burden Russ is carrying he feels like he *has* to make all the plays, especially in crunch time.

I think it'll take Billy sitting with him, watching film and telling him it's okay Russ, if you are a bit gassed give the ball to Vic and let him run a possession or two. Or if the defense is overloading on you too much, give the ball to Vic, he can create.

I think you gotta give Russ permission to allow himself to not feel like he is responsible for everything by himself.

Unless it's the super star thing then we gotta deal with it. But I don't think so, I think Russ feels obligated to do everything himself and make all the plays for himself and others.

I agree with most but Russ is not a young puppy anymore he is all grown up and has to recognize 1 v 5 is a disaster at end of games. We have other playmakers who if they can get ball late and win the game would go a long ways for their confidence.

Also, over time if you do not get the ball late you might start to "not" try and get open as hard, which compounds the situation and creates even more Russ 1 v 5 shots. He has to clean this up. He is the only reason we are competitive but he also has to get others involved late in games.

And Robes is a net loss to me. Anything he adds on D is more than subtracted on O and FT line. He is a bench role player at best.

I agree with most but Russ is not a young puppy anymore he is all grown up and has to recognize 1 v 5 is a disaster at end of games. We have other playmakers who if they can get ball late and win the game would go a long ways for their confidence.

Also, over time if you do not get the ball late you might start to "not" try and get open as hard, which compounds the situation and creates even more Russ 1 v 5 shots. He has to clean this up. He is the only reason we are competitive but he also has to get others involved late in games.

And Robes is a net loss to me. Anything he adds on D is more than subtracted on O and FT line. He is a bench role player at best.
    The first thing that Russ needs to do is learn to admit that he is tired.

It hasn't been an issue in the past because cupcake would carry some of the load.

But contrary to popular opinion, Russ is human and is not a cyborg.

He needs to learn to let somebody else carry some of the load while he's in the game.

I think he will.

He's going to have to.

4 users like SG1's post: ChocoLab, freedombird, kopp0e, OUMarty

It hasn't been an issue in the past because cupcake would carry some of the load.

He needs to learn to let somebody else carry some of the load while he's in the game.

I think he will.

He's going to have to.

Thing is, if he gets others more involved at end and they win games, it will cause other teams to have to cover all 5 players. Right now they are selling outt to stop Russ. So if he can establish others routinely it will only help his own late chances.

Beloved backup PG making long awaited return against low grade opponent at home.

#ConfirmationBiasAlert

Sarcasm by Tapatalk

I think he will.

He's going to have to.

No he won't.

Was making breakfast and my 13 year old son was watching the replay of the Thunder v Rockets game and I hear him start saying "3....4....5".

I ask him what is he doing that for

He says "That is the number of straight possessions that Westbrook hasn't passed to anyone before he shot it."

Westbrook is a meat head and he'll never recognize he needs his teammates to win.

No he won't.

Was making breakfast and my 13 year old son was watching the replay of the Thunder v Rockets game and I hear him start saying "3....4....5".

He says "That is the number of straight possessions that Westbrook hasn't passed to anyone before he shot it."

Westbrook is a meat head and he'll never recognize he needs his teammates to win.
    Like father like son, I suppose. Must be genetic.
    2 users like Strangers's post: 2121sooner, freedombird

No he won't.

Lol. It's like you aren't even trying anymore. You need to at least say believable things to be worth engaging.

So, the player ranked #2 in the NBA for assists will never ever recognize the value of his teammates? Lol. I thought you actually knew something about the game of basketball.
    The following users like this post: Strangers

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Lol. It's like you aren't even trying anymore. You need to at least say believable things to be worth engaging.

So, the player ranked #2 in the NBA for assists will never ever recognize the value of his teammates? Lol. I thought you actually knew something about the game of basketball.
    He's also #1 in shots attempted and #2 in turnovers.

Meat.....Head.

Brilliant athleticism........but a meat head.

At the 5:50 mark and Robes has a clean sheet. I mean nothingness. Not even a missed shot, no fouls, no blocks, no assists, no steals, no points and nothing.

I like the kid but he handicaps us.

Optional("Domantas Sabonis just took his fourth and fifth free throws OF THE GAME. 2017 is wild, y\'all.") -- Optional("@royceyoung")
    via http://cbssportsapp.com

Rudy Gay...ahem I mean CamPayne checking in...
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Sign me up for Wilson Chandler instead of Rudy ****ing Gay

3 users like SG1's post: OUMarty, Spade1000, Strangers

Sign me up for Chandler Parsons instead of Rudy ****ing Gay

FIFY and I agree
    The following users like this post: Spade1000

Thing is, if he gets others more involved at end and they win games, it will cause other teams to have to cover all 5 players. Right now they are selling outt to stop Russ. So if he can establish others routinely it will only help his own late chances.
    I totally agree---However---Donovan needs to be totally more aggressive with the Refs and start getting T's if that is what it takes---if he will not standup and take the heat for his team who the hell will!? Donavan says the same thing over and over in interviews and it is 90% bullshit. He needs to be more like Pop of the Spurs.
    The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder

Originally Posted by freedombird View Post
    I totally agree---However---Donovan needs to be totally more aggressive with the Refs and start getting T's if that is what it takes---if he will not standup and take the heat for his team who the hell will!? Donavan says the same thing over and over in interviews and it is 90% bullshit. He needs to be more like Pop of the Spurs.
    Agree, but I think Billy looks ahead towards the playoffs even moreso than Pops. He probably figures if he treats them nice now they will treat us better in playoffs/later. Then if they don't he can get on them and it will carry more weight.

Last year I had some reg season issues with him and then in playoffs he totally vindicated himself. I then saw what he did in reg season and how it paid off in playoffs.

So I have to give him the benefit of doubt. Personally if I was our coach I would be suspended by now from too many techs lol.
    2 users like SoonerVikeThunder's post: DirtyBob, freedombird

He'll blame his "old team", for not preparing him. The dude is a media ****.
    The following users like this post: freedombird

Sign me up for some Wilson Chandler!

Holy hell

I just now noticed Singler isn't active.

Welcome the **** back Cam.

5 users like SG1's post: Bear_Jew, DirtyBob, oucub23, SoonerVikeThunder, Spade1000

Holy hell

I just now noticed Singler isn't active.

Welcome the **** back Cam.

Good get the ******** off the roster.

Good news for Thunder fan: Singler in street clothes
    Bad news: If he ain't playin, he ain't gettin traded

#3moreyearsonthatcontract