***Official 2016/17 Oklahoma City Thunder Regular Season Thread***

Posted 488 day(s) ago by Bear_Jew751281 Views 9791 Replies
Results 3,651 to 3,700 of 9792
Page 74 of 196 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174
    Worst fycking game of the year for the thunder. Losing to the worst freaking team they've played this month.

This is a bad loss tonight.
    The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder

Losing momentum from the three previous wins. Fyck this Minnesota team. Played the game of their lives tonight.

**** **** **** RUSS!!

1-9 on 3's

9 turnovers

Yet no one else gets the ****ing ball. Billy needs to pull him!!

I've got no problem with those last couple of Russ threes off the kickout with his feet set.

He usually makes a fair percentage of those.

The threes off the dribble are the truly terrible shots.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

ex-Kanter the bench has been MIA tonight.
    2 users like SoonerWithoutaName's post: OUEverest, SoonerVikeThunder

I'm trying to figure out what matchup Billy was afraid of that he went with Shitler over Abrines.

I can't

That was a mistake unless he's under the weather or some.

The Thunder goes as Russ goes and Russ played like ass tonight.

What the ****ing **** losing to this shite team?? Please beat Sacramento on Sunday. Minnesota was one of the worst teams in the league. Lost opportunity tonight.

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what matchup Billy was afraid of that he went with Shitler over Abrines.

I can't

That was a mistake unless he's under the weather or some.

The Thunder goes as Russ goes and Russ played like ass tonight.

Even if Alex is ill, Singler is a mistake. This is going to be how Billy does things though. It's stupid, and we all know I've been extremely critical of many of his choices, but there's no reason to play Singler unless the game is over.
    The following users like this post: freedombird

Originally Posted by theend View Post
    I believe Russ was 1-12 in the second half. Not good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And the 1 was on a layup off that turnover very late.

Originally Posted by SoonerVikeThunder View Post
    **** **** **** RUSS!!

1-9 on 3's

9 turnovers

Pull him? Lol good grief man. How do you think this team plays with him benched?

Ha Quad dub for Russ. Prob worse game of his career. 1-10 on 3's, 10 TO's, and pretty awful defense at times. And still had trip dub..smh

All the haterz should be happy.

They finally got their empty triple double.

Also, Adams got ****ing owned tonight by Towns. 29-4 points and 17-5 rebounds.

Look, Russ does so many things and is why we have a winning record. But he is also the sole reason we lost tonight. In second half he went 1v5 and Billy needed to pull him but can't due to extension looming. If Russ leaves or wants to leave we are ****ed. So we have to put up with these shit games. So far we have 6 shit games from Russ where he hogs the ball and instead of 24-17 we could be 30-11. Thats a huge swing in record and home court vs travelling for round 1.

He needs to pull his head out. Imagine his teamates not hardly touching the ball for most of a half!

Optional("There have been three quadruple-doubles (with turnovers) this season: Westbrook with two, Harden with one.") -- Optional("@royceyoung")
    via http://cbssportsapp.com

Optional("Also, per @bball_ref, there have been just seven now in NBA history (since 1983-84). Jason Kidd had a 18-12-10 and 14 turnover game.") -- Optional("@royceyoung")

I see Abrines did play 4 minutes. It must have been in the first quarter that I missed.

He should have played in the second half.

Maybe the Wolves wouldn't have clogged the paint so much.

Plus he is developing a nice rhythm with Kanter on that second unit.

Vic played like crap too.

Yes OURN, Stevo played like crap as well.

This teams struggles against Minnesota for whatever reason

Look, Russ does so many things and is why we have a winning record. But he is also the sole reason we lost tonight. In second half he went 1v5 and Billy needed to pull him but can't due to extension looming. If Russ leaves or wants to leave we are ****ed. So we have to put up with these shit games. So far we have 6 shit games from Russ where he hogs the ball and instead of 24-17 we could be 30-11. Thats a huge swing in record and home court vs travelling for round 1.

He needs to pull his head out. Imagine his teamates not hardly touching the ball for most of a half!

Optional("There have been three quadruple-doubles (with turnovers) this season: Westbrook with two, Harden with one.") -- Optional("@royceyoung")

Optional("Also, per @bball_ref, there have been just seven now in NBA history (since 1983-84). Jason Kidd had a 18-12-10 and 14 turnover game.") -- Optional("@royceyoung")
    You don't understand how the NBA works if you think pulling Russ would have any sort of positive impact.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Pull him? Lol good grief man. How do you think this team plays with him benched?
    5 v 5

They may not win but it will be 5 v 5.

Russ was bad Russ tonight he was obviously going for TD and decided he needed to take on the world alone. We have to hope we see good Russ Sun.

I see Abrines did play 4 minutes. It must have been in the first quarter that I missed.

This is the crux of what's wrong with Billy. He gets a couple of guys getting a rhythm, and then one doesn't play. There's no logic involved, especially when the floor need spacing.

Paint crammed, Steve getting owned? Let's put in Singler!!
    The following users like this post: OUEverest

But Singler only played 6 minutes and it was only the first half.

We can't blame the whole game on Singler playing.

Why didn't Morrow play AT ALL? I agree with OUCub tonight, BD was running a clown show tonight. Stupid beyond belief.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

I don't think he played like crap, he just gets exposed versus really good centers. Plus ya like you said, spacing was crap tonight and couldn't get PnR going.

Even if Alex is ill, Singler is a mistake. This is going to be how Billy does things though. It's stupid, and we all know I've been extremely critical of many of his choices, but there's no reason to play Singler unless the game is over.
    Donovan has a problem ---he will not adjust as the game starts to turn to garbage---he appears to freeze despite the poor play and he is going to lose this team if he does not get off his ass---I am afraid he is not the coach the Thunder {Presti} thought he was. His press interviews are 90% verbatim bullshit.

What's up with the Thunder ministry of propaganda pushing the "we're young too" narrative when playing the Wolves?

Who ****ing cares?

And is that necessarily a good thing when the team is led by a top 5 player in his prime?

The following users like this post: oucub23

Originally Posted by ourn View Post
    I don't think he played like crap, he just gets exposed versus really good centers. Plus ya like you said, spacing was crap tonight and couldn't get PnR going.
    Nah, Stevo has owned KAT in the previous games.

The bench played like junk tonight. That said I think Donovan should take the responsibility for a lot of it. Kanter was hard doubled down low just about every time he tried to post on the blocks. To take away the strongside outside shooter in Abrines and put in Singler was a head scratcher.

Bad game tonight, but the Thunder are very well coached.

The stats say they are overcoming the roster holes and lack of shooting by generating higher percentage shots.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...under-playoffs

As good as the Russ, KD, Harden, Adams, etc picks were, I believe Billy was equally as bad. I'm legitimately concerned he will lead to us losing Russel as well, bc of the instability that will come from firing him in a year or two.

College coaches are such a risk, and bringing one in to manage a contender is even riskier.

Completely disagree in all aspects

How do you explain Abrines not getting minutes, Singler getting big minutes last year, etc?

But Singler only played 6 minutes and it was only the first half.

We can't blame the whole game on Singler playing.

Yes yes we can
    3 users like OUEverest's post: oucub23, Spade1000, theend

As good as the Russ, KD, Harden, Adams, etc picks were, I believe Billy was equally as bad. I'm legitimately concerned he will lead to us losing Russel as well, bc of the instability that will come from firing him in a year or two.

College coaches are such a risk, and bringing one in to manage a contender is even riskier.
    I'm with theend.

I completely disagree.

Pop has had bad games and playoff series too.

Are people forgetting what he did in the playoffs last year?

Billy isn't an issue. Pretty sure Russ is all on board with Billy

Singler played six minutes in the first half when we were playing pretty good. He wasn't the issue.

Is there any responsibility for a coach to get after a superstar? Stopping the offense and KD taking bad shots got us eliminated. Does Billy hold any responsibility in taking a TO and addressing ball movement? He can't bench them, can't rip into them bc he doesn't have the cred that Pop and Phil, but he could take a timeout and settle things down. Couldn't he?
    2 users like oucub23's post: freedombird, Stinger_1066

I'm with theend.

I completely disagree.

Pop has had bad games and playoff series too.

Pop gets the benefit of the doubt, and some cushion, bc he's won it all.

Last year singlet got minutes bc he had historically been a good three point shooter and they figured it was a slump and he'd break out of it.

Abrines is a rookie adjusting to the NBA. Billy must not have thought he was a good option tonight. He sees the guys everyday and I think there's a lot we don't know about

How long do you give a guy to break out though? And Serge and his clap happy rain dance? The Morrow horse is dead, but I'll smack it once more. I'll give the benefit of the doubt on Payne-Foye bc of the injury, but if the injury was the deal, he should have gotten it fixed last year. He's lost almost an entire year of court time.

Letting Singler work through stuff should apply to Abrines too shouldn't it? Yet he's got a ton of DNPs this year. There's no rhythm for the players.

There's a middle ground between Brooks and his hockey lines and what Billy does.

How do you explain Abrines not getting minutes, Singler getting big minutes last year, etc?
    It's a long season with a lot of games and he's trying to maximize the roster.

Also he experiments with different lineups and if it's doesn't go well tinkers with it to see if he can improve before just giving up and writing it off.

Kanter is too bad defending the pick n roll, he won't be playable in the playoffs, especially against the Spurs.

Well hell, they killed the Spurs and can't play small against the Warriors you gotta bludgeon them with the big lineup.

Billy used a small lineup against the Warriors to take the infamous 3-1 lead.

It's obvious Billy knows what the **** he's doing.

I with cub on this one. I realize what BD did in the playoffs last year but this isn't the year to spend 3/4ths of the season tweaking and ****ing with shit. It's pretty glaring that Singler should never play and I'm, frankly, sick and tired of players completely disappearing.

Unless this is just a Russ MVP or bust in the organizations eyes shit needs to change.

If we want any shot of moving to the second round of the playoffs we need at 5 or 6 seed.

Let's fyar Billy because he played Singler for 6 minutes in the first half.

Cub, to be honest, I feel like you only want to be right RE: Donovan. You're doubling down on your initial take and pointing out and magnifying every flaw and completely disregarding the tons of good qualities he has.

It seemed pretty clear that OKC was a 2nd-round-out-in-5 last year's playoffs and yet they ended up with a 3-1 lead in the WCF against historically great competition. I'm not sure why you refuse to give any credit to Billy Donovan for the Thunder's playoff success, most especially because it's not like Durant and Westbrook lit it up last post-season (in fact, the major reason the Thunder lost was because KD lost his range at the most important time). The Thunder went as far as they did in the playoffs because BD FINALLY got production out of players 4-9 in a way that Brooks never could. And he got that production in the playoffs by doing what he has done in the regular season.

If your bar for BD, or any coach, is to walk into the NBA and become Gregg Popovich in his prime, then everyone is going fall well short of that bar for you.
    The following users like this post: OUMarty

Originally Posted by OUEverest View Post
    I with cub on this one. I realize what BD did in the playoffs last year but this isn't the year to spend 3/4ths of the season tweaking and ****ing with shit. It's pretty glaring that Singler should never play and I'm, frankly, sick and tired of players completely disappearing.

Unless this is just a Russ MVP or bust in the organizations eyes shit needs to change.

If we want any shot of moving to the second round of the playoffs we need at 5 or 6 seed.
    IMO, last year wasn't either. Your window for championships is so small, imo you can't spend a year singlering around. He was tossed the keys to a finely tuned Porsche and decided to bump the timing a bit and swap out the tires, while tweaking the suspension a bit. Sometimes, you just get in and drive, shift a little smoother than the last guy, and win the damn race. We saw cracks in the way the two big guys would play last year b/c of the personnel choices made.

You guys ragging on Billy lol

Tonight was simply Russ trying to do it all alone, simple as that.

He had 10 ****ing turnovers and was 1-10 on 3's for christs sake.

Thats 19 wasted possessions and if we converted 9 of the 19 for 2 points thats 18 ****ing points not counting maybe getting some "and 1's".

We lost by 10 points. Russ has to be smarter, and has said the last time it happened he needed to be smarter. Well you are the vet Russ, then do it! You have teamates you know. Imagine how out of the flow they get when you are jacking up so many 3's game after game, and you have a piss poor 3 percentage.

I give Billy a pass because we said the same shit last year when we lost all those 4th qtr games, why not this person or that person. Bully used the reg season as a tool. You only find out by certain matchups how someone will do in a key playoff game. He had us beating SA against all odds and up 3-1 and ahead in the other games vs GS. It was Cupcake who had his worst ever 7 game stretch in his history vs GS.

We have gifted 6 games by way of Russ this year. Without him we would be nobody. So when I rail on him I understand that, but he can't always get a free pass. Russ was the problem tonight, Russ Russ Russ.

We have to live with his stinkers. Out of 40 games he cost us 6. So we have 6 more to go.

Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Cub, to be honest, I feel like you only want to be right RE: Donovan. You're doubling down on your initial take and pointing out and magnifying every flaw and completely disregarding the tons of good qualities he has.

It seemed pretty clear that OKC was a 2nd-round-out-in-5 last year's playoffs and yet they ended up with a 3-1 lead in the WCF against historically great competition. I'm not sure why you refuse to give any credit to Billy Donovan for the Thunder's playoff success, most especially because it's not like Durant and Westbrook lit it up last post-season (in fact, the major reason the Thunder lost was because KD lost his range at the most important time). The Thunder went as far as they did in the playoffs because BD FINALLY got production out of players 4-9 in a way that Brooks never could. And he got that production in the playoffs by doing what he has done in the regular season.

If your bar for BD, or any coach, is to walk into the NBA and become Gregg Popovich in his prime, then everyone is going fall well short of that bar for you.
    There's simple things that drive me nuts. When we see the lane being crammed, and we desperately need a shooter in the game to space the floor, we don't get it. When we see, as SG pointed out, Abrines and ****Stache getting some high low rhythm going for a few games, all of a sudden we don't seen Alex 'Cheek Chops' for much time at all. College guys are used to being in charge of most everything, and the NBA is a different animal than that usually. I think sometimes Billy overthinks things, or has a stubborn insistence that he's right, and it hurts us.

So, who do you want Cub?

I'm with Teo, you've set an unreachable bar.

No coach is perfect.

Warriors fans are already calling for Kerr's head.

You guys ragging on Billy lol

Tonight was simply Russ trying to do it all alone, simple as that.

He had 10 ****ing turnovers and was 1-10 on 3's for christs sake.

Thats 19 wasted possessions and if we converted 9 of the 19 for 2 points thats 18 ****ing points not counting maybe getting some "and 1's".

We lost by 10 points. Russ has to be smarter, and has said the last time it happened he needed to be smarter. Well you are the vet Russ, then do it! You have teamates you know. Imagine how out of the flow they get when you are jacking up so many 3's game after game, and you have a piss poor 3 percentage.

I give Billy a pass because we said the same shit last year when we lost all those 4th qtr games, why not this person or that person. Bully used the reg season as a tool. You only find out by certain matchups how someone will do in a key playoff game. He had us beating SA against all odds and up 3-1 and ahead in the other games vs GS. It was Cupcake who had his worst ever 7 game stretch in his history vs GS.

We have gifted 6 games by way of Russ this year. Without him we would be nobody. So when I rail on him I understand that, but he can't always get a free pass. Russ was the problem tonight, Russ Russ Russ.

We have to live with his stinkers. Out of 40 games he cost us 6. So we have 6 more to go.
    You give Billy a pass and want to bench Russ.

There's simple things that drive me nuts. When we see the lane being crammed, and we desperately need a shooter in the game to space the floor, we don't get it. When we see, as SG pointed out, Abrines and ****Stache getting some high low rhythm going for a few games, all of a sudden we don't seen Alex 'Cheek Chops' for much time at all. College guys are used to being in charge of most everything, and the NBA is a different animal than that usually. I think sometimes Billy overthinks things, or has a stubborn insistence that he's right, and it hurts us.
    You just described Joe Maddon.

Joe doesn't believe in rhythm.

He doesn't care that a guy is in a groove, if a bad matchup is coming or the guy needs rest, they sit.

So, who do you want Cub?

I'm with Teo, you've set an unreachable bar.

No coach is perfect.

Warriors fans are already calling for Kerr's head.

Warrior fans are spoiled, and it's new money. That's funny.

You were calling for D'Antoni, or at least floating his name before Billy was hired. We both wanted Kerr. Hell, I don't even know who's available at this time. And if Russ is tight w/BD, it may be best to just ride w/it and let him learn as he goes as long as it doesn't end up costing us Russ too. We're in a really dangerous place in the next couple of years and can't afford to do anything that would cost us more.

You just described Joe Maddon.

Joe doesn't believe in rhythm.

He doesn't care that a guy is in a groove, if a bad matchup is coming or the guy needs rest, they sit.

Joe also rarely bangs his head into the wall repeatedly with pieces that don't fit. And you and I both know, he almost outsmarted himself in G7--hell, the WS as a whole. And Joe rarely sits a guy on a hot streak, or keeps playing a guy that's cold--look at what he did w/Javy.

You give Billy a pass and want to bench Russ.
    You have reading comprehension problems. In the game as we were down 14 and Russ kept jacking 3's I said he needing benched but I also said it won't happen due to who he is. Your problem and its been this way since I started posting here is you do not read well and are a shit mod. You are always looking for a fight by twisting words or phrases. You did the same shit with Oil the other day too.

You think you are always right 100% of the time and have your agenda and go out of your way by twisting words to prove your agenda.

I woild put you on ignore if this system allowed it. You keep hassling me and I have intentionally not taken your troll bait for months. And here you are again trying to create a fight by not reading or lack of reading skills.

Just put me on ignore please! Or at least stop replying to my posts.

Shit poster looking for fights.

**** **** **** RUSS!!

1-9 on 3's

9 turnovers

You have reading comprehension problems. In the game as we were down 14 and Russ kept jacking 3's I said he needing benched but I also said it won't happen due to who he is. Your problem and its been this way since I started posting here is you do not read well and are a shit mod. You are always looking for a fight by twisting words or phrases. You did the same shit with Oil the other day too.

You think you are always right 100% of the time and have your agenda and go out of your way by twisting words to prove your agenda.

I woild put you on ignore if this system allowed it. You keep hassling me and I have intentionally not taken your troll bait for months. And here you are again trying to create a fight by not reading or lack of reading skills.

Just put me on ignore please! Or at least stop replying to my posts.

Shit poster looking for fights.
    Sorry. You're right. I read that as 'Billy needs to pull him.' Next time, I'll read it as what you meant rather than what you said.

I don't keep hassling you. I reply to your posts in the threads I post in. You're just awful sensitive and think when someone disagrees with you they are picking on you. How many times have you quit posting in this thread again? I suspect you'll stick around at least til it warms back up though--it's perfect snowflake weather this time of year.
    2 users like oucub23's post: OUEverest, Stinger_1066

Sorry. You're right. I read that as 'Billy needs to pull him.' Next time, I'll read it as what you meant rather than what you said.

I don't keep hassling you. I reply to your posts in the threads I post in. You're just awful sensitive and think when someone disagrees with you they are picking on you. How many times have you quit posting in this thread again? I suspect you'll stick around at least til it warms back up though--it's perfect snowflake weather this time of year.
    And again you failed to read my next post quoted here for your reading failures:

"Look, Russ does so many things and is why we have a winning record. But he is also the sole reason we lost tonight. In second half he went 1v5 and Billy needed to pull him but can't due to extension looming. If Russ leaves or wants to leave we are ****ed. "

So **** off and learn to keep up!

And your last "funny", acting like I have done that several times. Again this is you and your agenda. One time I said I would stop posting due to 2121 trolling this thread (true). And that was it. And he mostly stopped so I started again and put him on ignore. You now make it seem like its many. Again, you are grasping at straws since you are the snowflake and losing the reading comprehension battle. But you will have a snarky reply cause you are never wrong lol. You are never wrong got it. You are the man! Snowflake

You are the snowflake and would never admit you can't read and are baiting posters into fights. You are the problem. You hide behind being a mod but are a sad person.

Go cry to your buds so you can have them like your posts lol. Weak sauce.