CR Part XIII: Stranger Things

Posted 224 day(s) ago by tydude392620 Views 7744 Replies
Results 7,701 to 7,745 of 7745
Page 155 of 155 55 105 145 153 154 155
  1. #7701
    crewzer
    X
    Junior
    Rating: 2.3/5 this site
    2111 posts this site
    Re: Conference realignment stuff
    5:53 PM Last edited 5:53 PM by crewzer
    College Football will end up with four P4 (Power 4) Conferences.
    The B1G will go to 18 with UT, OU, KS & TT.
    Rice is a private small enrollment school and does not meet many B1G criteria but Texas Tech does.
    The following users like this post: NAMLOOT


  2. #7702
    Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    It is not what their brand can do for the SEC. No team can add to the SEC's brand. TCU's value is being in Dallas/FT. Worth. Why can't you all see that? While missing on Texas and OU, the SEC does still get into a prime media market. They will be playing games there, showing off their brand. If OU and Texas do go the B1G that would only give the B1G one game in the Dallas metro area. If TCU goes to the SEC it would give the SEC at least 4 conference games and four non conference games. The SEC should then enter into an agreement with ESPN and Jerry's World to play a prime time OOC game in that stadium for the next 20 years. Do you now see the value?
    Wrong- try again.

  3. #7703
    When Pods can be formed...

    B1G South

    Texas Tech, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, IL/IA

    B1G Midwest

    Minnesota, IL/IA, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Purdue, Michigan State

    B1G East

    Ohio State, Michigan, Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers, Penn State

  4. #7704
    9 team Divisions

    B1G West

    Texas Tech
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    Kansas
    Nebraska
    Iowa
    Minnesota
    Wisconsin
    Northwestern

  5. #7705
    Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    With more on the horizon OU has dramatically improved its own football facilities when others had gone before. OU has made major coaching changes. Recruiting has been better than it’s been in years.

    Again, if we are doing what we should our recruiting and exposure in north Texas its not going to be a problem for OU...

    The Sooners still have a radio station in the DFW area that broadcast all football and basketball games….. What other out of state program in the DFW area has that? IDK.
    That's the thing though. There are alot of mouths to feed in Texas. OU has no real presence outside of Texas and Cali. So yeah, you have Dallas, but more teams are going to start recruiting that area. More blue bloods for Texas and OU to compete with. Where does OU go then when tOSU, ND, Michigan, Bama and USC take a good portion of the top players? Cali? Well Oregon, UCLA, Stanford, Utah, Washington and Cal are all trying to rope that off. You'll get a 5* or two every few years, but is that enough to build a long sustaining depth that you need?

  6. #7706
    Originally Posted by soonerforever View Post
    Wrong- try again.
    Name any school that can add to the SEC winning 7 straight?

  7. #7707
    Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    Name any school that can add to the SEC winning 7 straight?
    Clemson, Florida State and Ohio State could all have added. But they weren't available. There may well be some Big 12 schools that if they were in the SEC might have added to that string. But that we'll never know. But ask yourself this, if we had added F.S.U. and Clemson instead in 2010 where would our streak be now? We'd be working on a new one.

  8. #7708
    Originally Posted by hiphopfroggy View Post
    Fear mongering only works one way, through an agent of change, not to maintain the status quo. You are the agent of change. You are the one mongering fear that OU will die in the Big12. They are lies. Here is a link to provide proof of the truth I speak.

    Report: Big 12 still raking in SEC-level cash

    "The SEC distributed just north of $40 million in 2016-17, while the Big Ten was at $33 million by 2014-15.

    However, since the Big 12 does not have its own television network, its conference distributions do not include third-tier rights, which its schools keep and sell on their own — like the Longhorn Network. So schools like Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas are likely getting paid equal or above their SEC and Big Ten peers."

    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ec-level-cash/
    And defenders of the status quo often make intellectually dishonest arguments, often assisted by a lazy parrot media.

    Big 12 made $304 million but disbursed $29 million each last year. That's according to tax info. That's after expenses, paying Baghdad Bob and all that. But spun positively, or just lazily repeated as $30.4 million each.

    When Boren was pushing for a conference network last year he admitted our T3 deal wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Netting under $2 million annually after costs. Would imagine Kansas has costs too.

    But a salesman spinning the status quo could have easily reported OU made about $38 million on conference money last year. And now reports of a 2 or 3 million dollar bump this year. So...$40 million this year. When the actual number might be $35m.

    But that bump might be bowl/playoff money that goes to all the P5. So you haven't gained ground. Especially when using a 2 year old number for the B1G.

    Anyway...you either saw OUs President trying to get more revenue last year via several different ways or you were in a cave. You also saw him then refuse to extend the GOR, for more money, after the rest failed.

    Things don't add up because politicians spin, the media is lazy and often biased and some pols and media just flat dishonest. Texas is sitting comfortably because of the LHN. 7 others are better than fine, as the gravy tastes great from their perspective. No reason for greater expectation.

    OU for certain and maybe KU are different. Your insistence if anything else is transparently desperate to will stability into existence.

    Let's ask JR if he can smell the anti-XII bias today as Auburn, 7 seed, had to play one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the country in the round of 16, all because the Big 12 is considered such dogshit, OU was laughably seeded 10th. And 2 years ago, same thing, we drew Bama. Match up of top 5 teams in the super regionals. It matters because OU softball is a big damn deal.
    The following users like this post: Redhawk


  9. #7709
    Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    It is not what their brand can do for the SEC. No team can add to the SEC's brand. TCU's value is being in Dallas/FT. Worth. Why can't you all see that? While missing on Texas and OU, the SEC does still get into a prime media market. They will be playing games there, showing off their brand. If OU and Texas do go the B1G that would only give the B1G one game in the Dallas metro area. If TCU goes to the SEC it would give the SEC at least 4 conference games and four non conference games. The SEC should then enter into an agreement with ESPN and Jerry's World to play a prime time OOC game in that stadium for the next 20 years. Do you now see the value?
    No, I see a small brand in a suburb.
    I see a team that has lost 25+ in a row to A&M.
    I see a school with 10,000 enrollment that will return to crap football as soon as their coach retires.
    I see a school that invests 8 million in research while an average school like Mizzou invests 240 million per year.
    I see an over achieving short term blip that could only build a 45k new stadium.

    Not even close to SEC material.
    The following users like this post: quidam65


  10. #7710
    Originally Posted by RocketBallz View Post
    No, I see a small brand in a suburb.
    I see a team that has lost 25+ in a row to A&M.
    I see a school with 10,000 enrollment that will return to crap football as soon as their coach retires.
    I see a school that invests 8 million in research while an average school like Mizzou invests 240 million per year.
    I see an over achieving short term blip that could only build a 45k new stadium.

    Not even close to SEC material.
    I see 7.1 million people being exposed to the SEC
    I see a tv contract that increases in value
    I see the SEC having Houston on lock and a strong presence in Dallas
    I see more Texas kids signing with the SEC
    I see more money for the SEC overall
    I see the SEC being in all the media markets in the south
    I see the overall benefit of a business

    Do think we added Mizzou because they were AAU only?
    We added Mizzou because of the markets they bring first and they were also AAU and a state school. We just needed more markets for the SECN

  11. #7711
    Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    And defenders of the status quo often make intellectually dishonest arguments, often assisted by a lazy parrot media.

    Big 12 made $304 million but disbursed $29 million each last year. That's according to tax info. That's after expenses, paying Baghdad Bob and all that. But spun positively, or just lazily repeated as $30.4 million each.

    When Boren was pushing for a conference network last year he admitted our T3 deal wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Netting under $2 million annually after costs. Would imagine Kansas has costs too.

    But a salesman spinning the status quo could have easily reported OU made about $38 million on conference money last year. And now reports of a 2 or 3 million dollar bump this year. So...$40 million this year. When the actual number might be $35m.

    But that bump might be bowl/playoff money that goes to all the P5. So you haven't gained ground. Especially when using a 2 year old number for the B1G.

    Anyway...you either saw OUs President trying to get more revenue last year via several different ways or you were in a cave. You also saw him then refuse to extend the GOR, for more money, after the rest failed.

    Things don't add up because politicians spin, the media is lazy and often biased and some pols and media just flat dishonest. Texas is sitting comfortably because of the LHN. 7 others are better than fine, as the gravy tastes great from their perspective. No reason for greater expectation.

    OU for certain and maybe KU are different. Your insistence if anything else is transparently desperate to will stability into existence.

    Let's ask JR if he can smell the anti-XII bias today as Auburn, 7 seed, had to play one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the country in the round of 16, all because the Big 12 is considered such dogshit, OU was laughably seeded 10th. And 2 years ago, same thing, we drew Bama. Match up of top 5 teams in the super regionals. It matters because OU softball is a big damn deal.
    The Bolded is nowhere near true, OU makes much more than that, heck TCU makes more than that.

    But more importantly why in the world are you talking about softball when Big12 baseball is #1 RPI and about to send 2/3rds of its teams to the post season, with 2 likely to host Supers? Im watching TCU UT big12 tournament double header to see who plays OSU in the final, I dont follow softball sorry, but I know Big12 tennis and golf are spectacular and basketball and baseball had the highest RPI so the league gets plenty of respect, one could say the most respect in baseball and basketball. I know its all about football, Big12 just needs a title.

  12. #7712
    Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    And defenders of the status quo often make intellectually dishonest arguments, often assisted by a lazy parrot media.

    Big 12 made $304 million but disbursed $29 million each last year. That's according to tax info. That's after expenses, paying Baghdad Bob and all that. But spun positively, or just lazily repeated as $30.4 million each.

    When Boren was pushing for a conference network last year he admitted our T3 deal wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Netting under $2 million annually after costs. Would imagine Kansas has costs too.

    But a salesman spinning the status quo could have easily reported OU made about $38 million on conference money last year. And now reports of a 2 or 3 million dollar bump this year. So...$40 million this year. When the actual number might be $35m.

    But that bump might be bowl/playoff money that goes to all the P5. So you haven't gained ground. Especially when using a 2 year old number for the B1G.

    Anyway...you either saw OUs President trying to get more revenue last year via several different ways or you were in a cave. You also saw him then refuse to extend the GOR, for more money, after the rest failed.

    Things don't add up because politicians spin, the media is lazy and often biased and some pols and media just flat dishonest. Texas is sitting comfortably because of the LHN. 7 others are better than fine, as the gravy tastes great from their perspective. No reason for greater expectation.

    OU for certain and maybe KU are different. Your insistence if anything else is transparently desperate to will stability into existence.

    Let's ask JR if he can smell the anti-XII bias today as Auburn, 7 seed, had to play one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the country in the round of 16, all because the Big 12 is considered such dogshit, OU was laughably seeded 10th. And 2 years ago, same thing, we drew Bama. Match up of top 5 teams in the super regionals. It matters because OU softball is a big damn deal.
    Well if you look at the regional brackets the seeding past the first four positions was wonky to say the least. But that aside Hamilton we lost because we don't have the hitting we had a year ago. I posted on another board in a softball thread that Auburn had 3 dead slots in the 9 batter lineup and that's what really bit us in the butt. I thought OU should have hosted. I thought we were seeded to high. But the SEC overall had a great year. There's still a lot of Softball left in this tournament.

  13. #7713
    OU48A's Avatar
    Posts
    26,401
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norman

    Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    That's the thing though. There are alot of mouths to feed in Texas. OU has no real presence outside of Texas and Cali. So yeah, you have Dallas, but more teams are going to start recruiting that area. More blue bloods for Texas and OU to compete with. Where does OU go then when tOSU, ND, Michigan, Bama and USC take a good portion of the top players? Cali? Well Oregon, UCLA, Stanford, Utah, Washington and Cal are all trying to rope that off. You'll get a 5* or two every few years, but is that enough to build a long sustaining depth that you need?
    The last OU football team to win a national title was about 63% Okie…. Our in state talent is often underrated and underappreciated….

    That OU team had 4 lightly recruited starters on it from Texas….It also had 4 starters who came to OU as walk-ons.

    OU will be ok.

  14. #7714
    Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    Have you ever been to home TCU football game? I have been to 3….It's a nice very small stadium, friendly people and they have a decent football program but other that, it’s atmosphere almost like a major high school in Texas.
    They have a tiny not very engaged fan base…. Because they will not add to the bottom line the SEC will stand still before inviting TCU. There are other better options.
    Recently I posted the 10 lowest rated Big 12 games last season. TCU appeared in the most, 5. I think only 1 other school had more than 2 appearances in the list.

    When they aren't good, nobody cares. That is a very small fanbase, very small..even while located squarely in the Colossus of the DFW football empire. Even after a decade plus run of winning football.

    Not SEC material to say the least.
    2 users like Hamilton's post: OU48A, OU812


  15. #7715
    Originally Posted by nebraskafaninwi View Post
    Ohio State vs Maryland for the national title for La Crosse. A 100% B1G contest. SEC SEC SEC!!
    Why are we spelling lacrosse like that?
    2 users like JeepCSC's post: hiphopfroggy, RocketBallz


  16. #7716
    Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    That's the thing though. There are alot of mouths to feed in Texas. OU has no real presence outside of Texas and Cali. So yeah, you have Dallas, but more teams are going to start recruiting that area. More blue bloods for Texas and OU to compete with. Where does OU go then when tOSU, ND, Michigan, Bama and USC take a good portion of the top players? Cali? Well Oregon, UCLA, Stanford, Utah, Washington and Cal are all trying to rope that off. You'll get a 5* or two every few years, but is that enough to build a long sustaining depth that you need?
    The Big XII dying would help this assuming not all the little brothers get in the P4. Baylor and TCU being demoted would mean less mouths to feed for the high end recruits.

  17. #7717
    Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    I see 7.1 million people being exposed to the SEC
    I see a tv contract that increases in value
    I see the SEC having Houston on lock and a strong presence in Dallas
    I see more Texas kids signing with the SEC
    I see more money for the SEC overall
    I see the SEC being in all the media markets in the south
    I see the overall benefit of a business

    Do think we added Mizzou because they were AAU only?
    We added Mizzou because of the markets they bring first and they were also AAU and a state school. We just needed more markets for the SECN
    The SEC added Mizzou because they were a state flagship in a 6 million pop state.
    The #1 brand in STL and KCMO.
    An AAU institution with 30,000+ enrollment.
    They can fill a 70,000 stadium frequently.

    Look at the last 4 SEC adds, all very different than a small private school the number 3 or 4 brand in their own city.

    Once the SEC starts adding schools like TCU it turns into an unstable mess like the B12.

  18. #7718
    Originally Posted by hiphopfroggy View Post
    The Bolded is nowhere near true, OU makes much more than that, heck TCU makes more than that.
    1) Your disagreement is with David Boren. Not me. I don't have access to those numbers. He said that to John Shinn of the Norman transcript last year.

    2) I was talking about softball because it's a huge deal at OU. Think I said that. Especially as other key programs either stagnate or worse.

  19. #7719
    Originally Posted by JeepCSC View Post
    Why are we spelling lacrosse like that?
    Just be thankful it isn't Izod or Tommy Hilfiger since he probably thought it was Lacoste.

  20. #7720
    Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    Recently I posted the 10 lowest rated Big 12 games last season. TCU appeared in the most, 5. I think only 1 other school had more than 2 appearances in the list.

    When they aren't good, nobody cares. That is a very small fanbase, very small..even while located squarely in the Colossus of the DFW football empire. Even after a decade plus run of winning football.

    Not SEC material to say the least.
    No Way, Kansas had by far the lowest football ratings, they brought South Dakota jackrabbit level ratings, no joke.

  21. #7721
    Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    I see 7.1 million people being exposed to the SEC
    I see a tv contract that increases in value
    I see the SEC having Houston on lock and a strong presence in Dallas
    I see more Texas kids signing with the SEC
    I see more money for the SEC overall
    I see the SEC being in all the media markets in the south
    I see the overall benefit of a business

    Do think we added Mizzou because they were AAU only?
    We added Mizzou because of the markets they bring first and they were also AAU and a state school. We just needed more markets for the SECN
    I see 7.1 million people being exposed to the SEC - A&M already got that.
    I see a tv contract that increases in value - Maybe some value in Tier1.
    I see the SEC having Houston on lock and a strong presence in Dallas - A&M already provides that.
    I see more Texas kids signing with the SEC - that would be by default since TCU would be an SEC member.
    I see more money for the SEC overall - Not for Tier3.
    I see the SEC being in all the media markets in the south - Do you count North Carolina and Oklahoma South? I get your point though and have no issue with it.
    I see the overall benefit of a business

    I could see TCU happening, but I don't see it being much of an add though. THey don't have much of a presence and it just overlaps with a much bigger and stronger brand already in the DFW area - A&M.

  22. #7722
    Originally Posted by JeepCSC View Post
    Why are we spelling lacrosse like that?
    Because my phone defaults to the city version and I don't care to change it.

  23. #7723
    I honestly thought the Big was trying to brand the sport to some local city in Bigland.

  24. #7724
    Originally Posted by Dragurd View Post
    The Big XII dying would help this assuming not all the little brothers get in the P4. Baylor and TCU being demoted would mean less mouths to feed for the high end recruits.
    They already tried to demote TCU, TCU came back a steroided zombie. The earth will never be rid of roaches.

  25. #7725
    Monty, spend some time researching the facts of TCU instead of what you think could be reality because what you are trying to think is reality isn't realty.

    TCU, when they are not good, nobody watches them. Look up their rating vs KS...oh my is it bad. Look at how many living alumni TCU has. It is a very small number. Look at how many people graduate from TCU. It is a small number. Then take that data and compare it to the rest of the SEC. It isn't a fit out of the gate. It is a tough sell. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it isn't an easy sell at all.

  26. #7726
    Originally Posted by Dragurd View Post
    The Big XII dying would help this assuming not all the little brothers get in the P4. Baylor and TCU being demoted would mean less mouths to feed for the high end recruits.
    Like I said, if OU and Texas go to the B1G there is a great chance that TCU goes to the SEC. The SEC in Dallas bolsters the SEC's brand. Dallas would do alot for SEC recruiting

  27. #7727
    Originally Posted by RocketBallz View Post
    The SEC added Mizzou because they were a state flagship in a 6 million pop state.
    The #1 brand in STL and KCMO.
    An AAU institution with 30,000+ enrollment.
    They can fill a 70,000 stadium frequently.

    Look at the last 4 SEC adds, all very different than a small private school the number 3 or 4 brand in their own city.

    Once the SEC starts adding schools like TCU it turns into an unstable mess like the B12.
    Which is better for the SEC long term, being in metro Dallas and Mizzou or just being in Mizzou alone?

  28. #7728
    Originally Posted by nebraskafaninwi View Post
    Monty, spend some time researching the facts of TCU instead of what you think could be reality because what you are trying to think is reality isn't realty.

    TCU, when they are not good, nobody watches them. Look up their rating vs KS...oh my is it bad. Look at how many living alumni TCU has. It is a very small number. Look at how many people graduate from TCU. It is a small number. Then take that data and compare it to the rest of the SEC. It isn't a fit out of the gate. It is a tough sell. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it isn't an easy sell at all.
    It's not about TCU, it's about the SEC getting into Dallas. Why is that hard for you all to comprehend? The Dallas market helps the SEC, period. So whether it's OU, Texas or TCU that gets the SEC into Dallas doesn't matter, the SEC can and will benefit from being in Dallas. That is my point

  29. #7729
    Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    It's not about TCU, it's about the SEC getting into Dallas. Why is that hard for you all to comprehend? The Dallas market helps the SEC, period. So whether it's OU, Texas or TCU that gets the SEC into Dallas doesn't matter, the SEC can and will benefit from being in Dallas. That is my point
    A&M is in Dallas. They have a strong presence there. Second behind UT.

  30. #7730

  31. #7731
    Originally Posted by nebraskafaninwi View Post
    9 team Divisions

    B1G West

    Texas Tech
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    Kansas
    Nebraska
    Iowa
    Minnesota
    Wisconsin
    Northwestern
    VS

    PAC-14 South

    OU
    UT
    USC
    UCLA
    Colorado
    Arizona State
    Arizona

    Checkmate!

  32. #7732
    Originally Posted by Jett View Post
    VS

    PAC-14 South

    OU
    UT
    USC
    UCLA
    Colorado
    Arizona State
    Arizona

    Checkmate!
    Meh....get back to me when the Pac 12 has a winning record against the B1G in the next 5 years since the Pac 12 has a losng record against the B1G in the last few years. Checkmate!

    Stanford lost to Northwestern
    Oregon lost to Michigan State and Nebraska
    USCw lost to Wisconsin

    Lots of other games too.

  33. #7733
    Originally Posted by nebraskafaninwi View Post
    A&M is in Dallas. They have a strong presence there. Second behind UT.
    lol no, you are thousands of miles away what in the world would you know about dallas, clown.

  34. #7734
    Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    It is not what their brand can do for the SEC. No team can add to the SEC's brand. TCU's value is being in Dallas/FT. Worth. Why can't you all see that? While missing on Texas and OU, the SEC does still get into a prime media market. They will be playing games there, showing off their brand. If OU and Texas do go the B1G that would only give the B1G one game in the Dallas metro area. If TCU goes to the SEC it would give the SEC at least 4 conference games and four non conference games. The SEC should then enter into an agreement with ESPN and Jerry's World to play a prime time OOC game in that stadium for the next 20 years. Do you now see the value?
    The SEC could have had TCU or UH any time they wanted the past 20 years. The thinking is that if you take the little brother then you lose the chance to get the flagship. With Aggy that thinking doesn't apply as the brother is pretty large and expected to keep growing.

  35. #7735
    B1G dominates Learfield Directors' Cup rankings. Does the SEC even exist?

    http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...5DIOverall.pdf

    4 out of the top 5 schools are from the B1G. SEC SEC SEC

  36. #7736
    If it came down to all-sports, the Pac12 wins this going away. No one swims or volleyballs quite like the California schools.

  37. #7737
    Originally Posted by nebraskafaninwi View Post
    B1G dominates Learfield Directors' Cup rankings. Does the SEC even exist?

    http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...5DIOverall.pdf

    4 out of the top 5 schools are from the B1G. SEC SEC SEC
    If we're being honest about the directors cup Standford dominates and no one else comes close. Sure the B1G may finish in 2nd place but it's never really all that close to threatening Stanford

  38. #7738
    Originally Posted by JeepCSC View Post
    If it came down to all-sports, the Pac12 wins this going away. No one swims or volleyballs quite like the California schools.
    Actually the B1G is pretty strong in volleytball. Where the B1G falls behind heavily is Baseball/Softball

  39. #7739
    Originally Posted by Dragurd View Post
    If we're being honest about the directors cup Standford dominates and no one else comes close. Sure the B1G may finish in 2nd place but it's never really all that close to threatening Stanford
    Doesn't Stanford win it every year?

  40. #7740
    Originally Posted by nebraskafaninwi View Post
    Doesn't Stanford win it every year?
    Last team to win tat wasn't Stanford was UNC in 94

  41. #7741
    Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    OU is not going to be left behind…. I have no fear of that
    However TCU could be left behind.
    IDK, I kinda like the scrappiness of the program despite its size, plus that their cheerleaders would perform under a driving, cold rain towards the end of a night game at season's end ups my respect for them. And without any whiff of a scandal that I know of.

    No idea what their future is, post-Big 12, but they've come back from obscurity before. No reason to think that wouldn't happen again.

  42. #7742
    Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    It's not about TCU, it's about the SEC getting into Dallas. Why is that hard for you all to comprehend? The Dallas market helps the SEC, period. So whether it's OU, Texas or TCU that gets the SEC into Dallas doesn't matter, the SEC can and will benefit from being in Dallas. That is my point
    So if you were in charge you'd start adding small private schools to the SEC just to get a partial piece of cities.

    TCU is the number one brand nowhere, and never will be. They were the option of last resort in the B12, and thats the kind of add you want for the SEC.

    I have much more faith in Sankey and the SEC presidents.

  43. #7743
    Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    And defenders of the status quo often make intellectually dishonest arguments, often assisted by a lazy parrot media.

    Big 12 made $304 million but disbursed $29 million each last year. That's according to tax info. That's after expenses, paying Baghdad Bob and all that. But spun positively, or just lazily repeated as $30.4 million each.

    When Boren was pushing for a conference network last year he admitted our T3 deal wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Netting under $2 million annually after costs. Would imagine Kansas has costs too.

    But a salesman spinning the status quo could have easily reported OU made about $38 million on conference money last year. And now reports of a 2 or 3 million dollar bump this year. So...$40 million this year. When the actual number might be $35m.

    But that bump might be bowl/playoff money that goes to all the P5. So you haven't gained ground. Especially when using a 2 year old number for the B1G.

    Anyway...you either saw OUs President trying to get more revenue last year via several different ways or you were in a cave. You also saw him then refuse to extend the GOR, for more money, after the rest failed.

    Things don't add up because politicians spin, the media is lazy and often biased and some pols and media just flat dishonest. Texas is sitting comfortably because of the LHN. 7 others are better than fine, as the gravy tastes great from their perspective. No reason for greater expectation.

    OU for certain and maybe KU are different. Your insistence if anything else is transparently desperate to will stability into existence.

    Let's ask JR if he can smell the anti-XII bias today as Auburn, 7 seed, had to play one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the country in the round of 16, all because the Big 12 is considered such dogshit, OU was laughably seeded 10th. And 2 years ago, same thing, we drew Bama. Match up of top 5 teams in the super regionals. It matters because OU softball is a big damn deal.
    KU has zero costs with its T3 deals. OU had startup and ongoing production costs, we have none.

  44. #7744
    Originally Posted by RocketCitySooner View Post
    What makes you think we have the option of moving to the PAC?
    Haven't they turned us down before?
    That was due to hitching a wagon to Oklahoma State, if it had been a OU & KU offer, there would be PAC logos in Norman as we type...

    When has the B1G ever offered Oklahoma on record..?

  45. #7745
    Originally Posted by kopp0e View Post
    That was due to hitching a wagon to Oklahoma State, if it had been a OU & KU offer, there would be PAC logos in Norman as we type...

    When has the B1G ever offered Oklahoma on record..?
    They haven't yet. OU hasn't been a focus for the B1G for realingment for most of this time. PSU was the focus when the B1G landed them. UT would already be a B1G school if the B1G had taken them back then.

    in 2009 Oklahoma was in a group of Big 12 schools that the B1G was looking at taking. They didn't go far into that plan though. I wished they did. Instead the focus was out east to grab some new state flagships and population grab where there are B1G alumni.

    Since May of 2015 the focus has been on Western expansion. The President of BTN publicly stated the focus to move west too.

    The first formal offer OU gets from the B1G will be the first time OU gets such an offer and Boren would snatch that offer up faster than JRsec can blink. If the B1G formally offers, that is where OU is going.

Similar Threads

  1. Stranger Things - Netflix Orig
    By veyron_80 in forum Entertainment & Tech
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: February 16th, 2017, 04:05 PM
  2. CR Part VI: B1G things poppin
    By Camel at Sea in forum Heisman Park
    Replies: 4999
    Last Post: March 6th, 2014, 12:00 PM
  3. Stranger in a Strange Land
    By Tug Medick in forum The Pub
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 15th, 2013, 12:37 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 7th, 2012, 10:20 PM

Tags for this Thread