Mass Effect: Andromeda

Posted 376 day(s) ago 3684 Views 22 Replies

Mass Effect: Andromeda

3 users like Jive Turkey11's post: chantundefeated, Redhawk, SoopaSooner

Super pumped about this game. The original 3 were some of my favorite games.

Spring next year

Just hope it doesn't get delayed. This is my favorite video game series.

ME3 multiplayer might've been my biggest ever gaming obsession. I hope they don't **** online up.

Yeah really hope it doesn't get delayed. I can't wait.

March 21st. **** yea.

2 users like Jive Turkey11's post: cbsooner, cfin5256

Downloading the trial now.

Playing the trail about little over an hour in so far and so far so good. Definitely different though playing a Mass Effect without Commander Sheppard.
    The following users like this post: SoopaSooner

I really want this game to be good. I've held off on the pre-order because I'm still bitter about my last few "can't miss" pre-orders (**** you No Man's Sky in particular).

A fair number of negative comments online, but I will judge for myself when it's fully released next week. It has looked good and fun to me from the game-play videos. *shrugs*

Originally Posted by burnsyo View Post
    I really want this game to be good. I've held off on the pre-order because I'm still bitter about my last few "can't miss" pre-orders (**** you No Man's Sky in particular).
    In the case of No Man's Sky, it was from a no-name developer with their first major title. Despite personnel losses, Bioware has a significantly stronger reputation and across a couple of decades.

Been playing the early release this week. So far the game is pretty good, though there is a shit ton of bugs in terms of the character animation in the cut scenes. and some other gripes, but over all it's pretty solid. Feels a lot like Mass effect 1 so far.

The human facial animations aren't very good but overall the game is fine. I wouldn't let spoiled gamers nitpick it to death.
    The following users like this post: Muscletang

Well I reached I the end of the trail in game. So far so good, I would definitely agree that it has more of a Mass Effect 1 feel than 2 or 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post
    The human facial animations aren't very good
    Cosplayer With No Video Game Experience was the Lead Facial Animator for Mass Effect: Andromeda

She probably landed the gig because on her resume she has a video called "I hate men." Makes sense as the lead developer is a hardcore racist.

I'll be giving this game a pass.

-.. --- -. .----. - -... . .- -.. .. .--. ... .... .. -
    2 users like Muscletang's post: cbsooner, Sooner Showtime

I heard this one had a lighter tone than the others, but...

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    In the case of No Man's Sky, it was from a no-name developer with their first major title. Despite personnel losses, Bioware has a significantly stronger reputation and across a couple of decades.
    I'd say they've been dropping off in quality pretty rapidly recently.

I'm still looking forward to playing it. Actually taking tomorrow off just to dive in and nerd out. The facial animations aren't good but that doesn't kill the game for me. Freezes, random crashes, guns not firing, etc, that's what destroys games for me. Some of these reviews are pretty nitpicky; "the writing and voice acting is pretty bad." I mean, from what I've seen without spoiling too much for myself I didn't think was bad at all, especially compared to the trilogy. I'm not saying the writing and voice acting in the trilogy was bad but just comparing, I think Andromeda did a pretty good job. I'm pretty easy to please tho, I don't mind if it's not an academy award winning script.

Saw a comment on reddit, someone had put in 35 hours and was only at 29% completion, that gets me pretty pumped. Little wary about multiplayer but I think after a couple months they'll shore that up nicely.

Not so great reviews for an AAA title. MP still looks fun though, especially if they keep improving it like last time.

While it's more Mass Effect, which is a good thing, the animations, voice acting and characters pale in comparison to the initial trilogy. They had a tough act to follow and I think Bioware misses the good doctors that founded the company.

I'm enjoying it for the most part. The multiplayer is kinda rough around the edges, the lag is keeping me from playing it too often. They'll get it worked out I'm sure though. The only thing I have to **** about is the lore/universe and how it relates to the original Mass Effect. I get it, different galaxy, different story. I was under the impression they don't have any communication with the Milky Way, then I hear this news reel that a worker was killed doing repairs and their name won't be released until their next to kin has been notified in the Milky Way...ok so you do have direct comms with people back there? I'm not expecting a huge deal to be made about the Reaper invasion and shit but I thought there might be a little blurb about it, unless I haven't found it yet. Just interesting, 630 years later and not a little bit about "oh shit the galaxy held off a reaper invasion, this happened, and this thing happened, and oh shit the Krogan have started uniting", etc. Again, just something I found interesting but it's not killing the game for me at all.

Another mistake made was going with the BioWare Montreal team instead of the Bioware Edmonton team that did the Dragon Age series and more importantly, the original Mass Effect Trilogy. Then went cheap with voice acting in Andromeda and it shows.

In the original trilogy they at times had Martin Sheen, Lance Henriksen, Keith David, Seth Green, Adam Baldwin, and Freddy Prinze Jr. In Andromeda, the quality is as if they just got voice actors off of the street and they sound bored to tears.

If they do Mass Effect Andromeda 2 or whatever they end up calling it, hopefully they will put it back in BioWare Edmonton's hands. This is a good game, but pales in comparison to any of the ones in the original trilogy. Maybe a comparison is "Star Wars - The Force Awakens" compared to the original trilogy.