Oklahoma Sooner Softball

Posted 245 day(s) ago by SoonernVolved387377 Views 7642 Replies
Results 7,601 to 7,643 of 7643
Page 153 of 153 53 103 143 151 152 153

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Are there no ex OU players on the international tourney going on in Okie City?
    Don't think so. Not sure if pro league conflicts are the reason Pendley, Ricketts and Chamberlain aren't involved.

Hope we have a Sooner or two on the 2020 Olympics softball team.

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Are there no ex OU players on the international tourney going on in Okie City?
    roster

world cup main site

Originally Posted by CrimsonOberon View Post
    ... If she's going to Lafayette, a national championship is clearly not a requirement for her enjoyment.
    they go to the tourney every year. they often host a regional. they've been to three wcws since '03.

rather, i'd say, "if she's going to Lafayette, a top tier education is clearly not a requirement..."
    The following users like this post: freedombird

I thought our ex catcher Jessica Schultz(spelling and maybe off the name) was the best in the USA.

"I was just looking for somewhere you can go out and just be a free spirit and have fun and play the way you play.”

Mellinel translation: Duh, I'm a pretty big deal. I know what I'm doing out there...I mean I AM NINETEEN (?) ! So if what's her name and the team can't deal with that...then Whatever! It's worked everywhere else I've played. Uhhh, do I still get that ring? Oh well, those guys down at Louis & Annie Laughy Sweat will let me do it MY WAY!
    2 users like California Sooner's post: freedombird, odin's beard

Originally Posted by California Sooner View Post
    "I was just looking for somewhere you can go out and just be a free spirit and have fun and play the way you play.”
    i have no problem with that, and, actually, i applaud her. i just wonder why she didn't choose a better school, like arizona.

wilkinson had joe don looney. it didn't work out after one all-american year. and neither did his nfl career, really. but he did it his way.

https://www.flosoftball.com/article/...son-steps-down

Stanford Softball Head Coach Rachel Hanson Steps Down

In a surprising coaching change that just happened this afternoon, FloSoftball has confirmed that Rachel Hanson has stepped down as the Stanford softball head coach.

Hanson called FloSoftball's Brentt Eads just minutes ago to explain that she is accepting a positon as Executive Director at the Baseball and Softball Education Foundation (BASE) based in St. Louis, Missouri, with ties to the St. Louis Cardinals MLB team.

"This is a great opportunity," she told FloSoftball today, "to be able to work with young people and have an impact on their lives. I will miss coaching, but it's always been a dream of mine to work and influence young athletes. We will work primarily with baseball and softball players first and then hope to expand into different sports."

Hanson, who coached at Dartmouth before taking the Cardinal head position, has been considered one of the fast-rising coaches in the college ranks, bringing in increasingly impressive recruiting classes while helping Stanford lead the Pac-12 the last three years in All-Academic honors.

Dorian Shaw, one of the previous assistants on the staff, and Kacee Cox, a volunteer assistant coach, will reportedly stay on to help in the transition as the Stanford athletic department begins a nationwide search to hire a new head coach. The pair will handle recruiting for the summer and will evaluate prospects at top events such as PGF Nationals.

Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    i have no problem with that, and, actually, i applaud her. i just wonder why she didn't choose a better school, like arizona.

wilkinson had joe don looney. it didn't work out after one all-american year. and neither did his nfl career, really. but he did it his way.
    And there in lies my point. "Me first " attitiudes historically don't produce long-term success. I wish the kid well, but I'm not tremendously optimistic that she will flourish until (IF) she gains an appreciation of what being a part of a team really means and the responsibility to others it requires. Clearly she has the physical tools required.
    2 users like California Sooner's post: freedombird, SoonerNow

And there in lies my point. "Me first " attitiudes historically don't produce long-term success.
    we have no idea that is her problem. we have zero details of the situation.

and she has every right to manage her own career the way she wants and to follow her own guide, no matter how backward or cajun it might appear.

and she has every right to manage her own career the way she wants and to follow her own guide, no matter how backward or cajun it might appear.
    "We"?

She does have that right. And Patty, or any coach has the right to send her on her way. You decide which came first.

what did you mean by her picking another school like Arizona, "a better school"?

Originally Posted by SoonerNow View Post
    what did you mean by her picking another school like Arizona, "a better school"?
    There is no comparison between LLU and Az, Arizona is hands down a better softball school, with that said LLU has been one of those schools on the cusp of making noise for years now, about like Boise state was to football imo

Originally Posted by Razzari View Post
    There is no comparison between LLU and Az, Arizona is hands down a better softball school, with that said LLU has been one of those schools on the cusp of making noise for years now, about like Boise state was to football imo
    burritos vs etouffet? Laissez les bon temps roulez.

Not "hands down" in recent years. I'd argue, ULL has had a bigger impact lately.

the pac12 provides a great education. far and away better than lafayette.

but she's a country girl from suburban houston and probably feels at home in a small town surrounded by crawfish sucking rednecks.

i dated a cajun from lafayette for a short while. it is its own weird, little place.
    The following users like this post: tycat947

burritos vs etouffet? Laissez les bon temps roulez.
    Now I said softball wise, don't need to go bringing food into this, lol

"We"?
    yes, we, the public, have no idea what happened.

She does have that right. And Patty, or any coach has the right to send her on her way. You decide which came first.
    you or i can decide anything we want. it doesn't make it true.

but this is the internet, where conjecture and bs rule the day.

the pac12 provides a great education. far and away better than lafayette.

but she's a country girl from suburban houston and probably feels at home in a small town surrounded by crawfish sucking rednecks.

i dated a cajun from lafayette for a short while. it is its own weird, little place.
    Houston is 4-5 times as big as Tucson, FWIW.

Houston is 4-5 times as big as Tucson, FWIW.
    yeah, i lived there for ten years.

but the west houston suburbs (cypress, katy, etc) feel just like edmond, except much hotter, more humid, and with more mosquitoes.
    The following users like this post: odin's beard

yeah, i lived there for ten years.

but the west houston suburbs (cypress, katy, etc) feel just like edmond, except much hotter, more humid, and with more mosquitoes.
    Still, burritos vs etouffet... it ain't a fair fight!

There is nothing wrong with a good burrito, especially if you order it wet covered in a nice Chili Verde sauce, sprinkle some cheese on there, add some sour cream and guacamole on the side for those that like and hell yes a burrito sounds great!

There is nothing wrong with a good burrito, especially if you order it wet covered in a nice Chili Verde sauce, sprinkle some cheese on there, add some sour cream and guacamole on the side for those that like and hell yes a burrito sounds great!
    If you're hungry, it all sounds good...except mustard, sweet potatoes, pimientos, organ meats and insects.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/w-...071717aab.html

It's official. Carlee Wallace, Regan Green, and Nicky Dawson all transferring from SEC schools to Baylor.

and KU softball grabs 4 transfers

http://www.kuathletics.com/news/2017...transfers.aspx

BXII teams seeing they have to step up fast to compete with OU?
    3 users like nstinson's post: nocalsooner, SoonernVolved, tycat947

https://www.flosoftball.com/article/...all-head-coach

Jessica Allister Named Stanford Softball Head Coach

Jul 18, 2017
    FloSoftball
    Stanford athletics announced in their press release that Jessica Allister will lead the softball program as the new head coach after Rachel Hanson recently stepped down from the position.

STANFORD, Calif. -- Jessica Allister has been named the head coach of Stanford softball, as announced Tuesday by Jaquish & Kenninger Director of Athletics Bernard Muir.

Allister, the fourth head coach in program history, joins the Cardinal after leading Minnesota the past seven seasons. She led the Gophers to unprecedented heights in 2017, registering a program-best 56-5 record and earning the first No. 1 national ranking in the USA Today/NFCA Coaches poll in program history. She has accumulated a 290-107 (.730) overall record during her career.

"I am thrilled to welcome Jessica back to Stanford to lead the program she helped build," said Muir. "She was an elite competitor during her time on The Farm and has continued to excel in her coaching career. Jessica has established herself as an excellent coach and I believe she will push our student-athletes to be their best on the field, in the classroom and in the community."

It will be familiar territory for Allister who returns to Stanford where she was a second-team All-American as a catcher in 2004 and helped lead the Cardinal to Women's College World Series appearances in 2001 and 2004. She graduated in 2004 with a degree in economics.

https://www.flosoftball.com/article/...all-head-coach

Jul 18, 2017
    FloSoftball
    Stanford athletics announced in their press release that Jessica Allister will lead the softball program as the new head coach after Rachel Hanson recently stepped down from the position.

STANFORD, Calif. -- Jessica Allister has been named the head coach of Stanford softball, as announced Tuesday by Jaquish & Kenninger Director of Athletics Bernard Muir.

Allister, the fourth head coach in program history, joins the Cardinal after leading Minnesota the past seven seasons. She led the Gophers to unprecedented heights in 2017, registering a program-best 56-5 record and earning the first No. 1 national ranking in the USA Today/NFCA Coaches poll in program history. She has accumulated a 290-107 (.730) overall record during her career.

"I am thrilled to welcome Jessica back to Stanford to lead the program she helped build," said Muir. "She was an elite competitor during her time on The Farm and has continued to excel in her coaching career. Jessica has established herself as an excellent coach and I believe she will push our student-athletes to be their best on the field, in the classroom and in the community."

It will be familiar territory for Allister who returns to Stanford where she was a second-team All-American as a catcher in 2004 and helped lead the Cardinal to Women's College World Series appearances in 2001 and 2004. She graduated in 2004 with a degree in economics.

The machine just keeps reloading:

http://ouhoops.com/forum/showpost.ph...postcount=2595

Zada Puni committed, 2020. With Coleman committed, OU now has the #1 and #2 prospects for 2020. Thanks to Cclift for finding this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/camillema...603200/photo/4

https://twitter.com/punizaida?lang=en

Maria Jennings @njmj624
    ·
    45m
    Dreams do come true! Happy to say my other daughter has committed to the University or Oklahoma! #boomer #2and4 @PuniZaida @_tiarejennings

Third baseman, pure power.
    3 users like SoonernVolved's post: freedombird, meandmybutt, tycat947

Originally Posted by SoonernVolved View Post

http://ouhoops.com/forum/showpost.ph...postcount=2595

Zada Puni committed, 2020. With Coleman committed, OU now has the #1 and #2 prospects for 2020. Thanks to Cclift for finding this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/camillema...603200/photo/4

https://twitter.com/punizaida?lang=en

Maria Jennings @njmj624
    ·
    45m
    Dreams do come true! Happy to say my other daughter has committed to the University or Oklahoma! #boomer #2and4 @PuniZaida @_tiarejennings

Third baseman, pure power.
    Momentum, properly managed, builds upon itself creating more momentum
    The following users like this post: SoonernVolved

Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    Momentum, properly managed, builds upon itself creating more momentum
    And that's why Coach Gasso and her staff are the best. They do this better than anybody else.

Originally Posted by SoonernVolved View Post

]With Coleman committed, OU now has the #1 and #2 prospects for 2020.

Check out the double play at about 1:10. Coleman was around 12 years old at the time.
    2 users like nocalsooner's post: freedombird, HartRod

Agreed. Burritos win in a landslide.

Originally Posted by nocalsooner View Post

Check out the double play at about 1:10. Coleman was around 12 years old at the time.
    The two announcers were very good---very refreshing for a change.
    2 users like freedombird's post: nocalsooner, StatGeek

Ho..lee..chit.

I hope the guy slapping her ass is her father.
    The following users like this post: BehindEnemyLines

I believe the players report next week to begin fall practice.

I was re-watching the late innings of Game 1 of the Sooners/Gators championship series. Recall that in the 16th inning, we loaded the bases with one out. Sydney Romero hits a bouncer to the 1st baseman, who fires it home for the force out. But it appears to me, the catcher didn't have her foot on home plate, but rather it was in front of the plate when she caught the ball. I see dirt between her shoe and home plate. I think Clifton was actually safe, presumably for the go-ahead run.

I went back and read this thread's pages during that game and no one mentions this. If anyone taped the game, please go back and watch to see if you agree. Or maybe it's on YouTube. Of course we still won the game, but I just like to talk ball.

^ yeah, it looks like she's off the bag ... making for some (better?) 17th inning drama.

It never gets old.

The following users like this post: CrimsonOberon

Interview with Head Coach Gasso podcast:

https://art19.com/shows/oklahoma-soo...3-a2c4088fc521

So bleak in the regionals. How close we came to being eliminated. Watch the 10th inning starting at 2:19:00. It'll take some Sooner Magic ...

4 users like nocalsooner's post: freedombird, HartRod, SplitTD, urquhart

Teams and dates of Mary Nutter Classic for 2018!

3 users like nocalsooner's post: CrimsonOberon, freedombird, SoonerNow

It never gets old.

The key to every victory...molly percocet.
    The following users like this post: nocalsooner