Page 56 of 56 6 46 54 55 56
    Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    Gonna have to out score them. That's our only chance
    So far this is my favorite. duh.
    4 users like Seabass's post: meandmybutt, stewy, StroudSooner, waynepayne

Originally Posted by SoonernVolved View Post
    Got to enjoy this. Now the Sugar Bowl is a "meaningless game" :

http://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-foot...ames/67956785/
    lol, this is great. I know it's been said a million times but some fans from that conference are the most delusional I've ever seen. I don't think I've seen anything like it, that cartoon with the elephant holding all those other schools is so spot on. They talk like they're all on the same team, justifying their own school's loss to another SEC school just to prove a point that OU sucks.
    The following users like this post: Hallucinogenic_Toreador

Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    Well...it's pretty easy to understand.

Watson came in 2nd in the voting and did what Mayfield couldn't. Beat Ohio State and he only lost one game. If you have some other insight...feel free to make your case. Just another thing...Clemson is also playing for the National Championship and after seeing Bama play UW...I think Clemson can win it.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...esults-ballots
    That's my point. He came in 2nd bc he had so much hype from last year. I watched alot of his games. He's just not that impressive this year. If I remember right, even his stats weren't comparable to last year. I don't look at one game. I look at the entire season.

Losing SEC fans are like the dumb uncle that buys you plastic NFL football helmets every year and will date anything that has tits and ass.

Point blank if LOU had a better QB, they would have been way more competitive against LSU ...

2 users like Deepfried's post: Bob, StroudSooner

Baker Mayfield is a bad ass.
    Originally Posted by Jive Turkey11 View Post
    still pretty tasty.

Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    Ye gads, those people (and I use the term loosely) are pathetic.
    Could you imagine drinking and watching football with them? No thank you.

Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
    So far this is my favorite. duh.
    Apparently for some, obvious troll post was not obvious enough.
    The following users like this post: CalSOONER

Originally Posted by StroudSooner View Post
    Baker Mayfield is a bad ass.
    that pass to dede is just amazing. Throwing a perfect ball while running backwards
    The following users like this post: StroudSooner

So, are any of you ****ers going to find and post the vid of the bouncy bellybutton girl in the white t-shirt?

Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Did any of the coaches ever explain the busted play/trick play/weirdness where no one but Baker seemed to run a play? I assume a whistle sound confused everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From my view at the game: the defense substituted but the umpire stepped away from the ball before their guy (#4?) got off the field. Wren quickly snapped the ball and it seemed as if everyone but the refs were expecting the whistle. Baker realized they didn't call the penalty and got what he could before the defense reacted.

OU later did get called for the penalty in the same situation. I think Bob got in someone's ear because the rest of the game the umpire waited before releasing the ball.

Could you imagine drinking and watching football with them? No thank you.
    I think most people would enjoy watching the games with me.

So, are any of you ****ers going to find and post the vid of the bouncy bellybutton girl in the white t-shirt?
    Say what now? I must have missed her.

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Go back a few pages. She's all over it. Someone says it's Baker's girl.
    The following users like this post: Bob

http://www.landthieves.com/board/sho...=1#post3214211

This post says here is a video.
    http://www.landthieves.com/board/sho...=1#post3213617

Originally Posted by Bubblehead View Post
    Thank you. I'm pretty certain there was a difference in width at one time, similar to no tee on FGs as well.

Them posts looked skinny but I bet even more to our punter.

EDIT: the NCAA reduced the width of their goalposts 5' to match the NFL in 1991.
    It's an optical illusion. Austin's damn blue shoes will do that to a person. Btw can we ditch those freakin things for normal ones? They sure as hell lost any magic they were supposed to have.

2 users like stewy's post: RockE, StroudSooner

Originally Posted by Oklahomey View Post
    Up close, hot damn!!!

It's seems this might be bakers girl. I was reading the horns board and someone posted a pic of her and baker together.

http://newsok.com/time-to-limit-coll...stom_click=rss

But Meyer also came across as entitled. As if this kind of thing doesn't happen to Ohio State or Urban Meyer.

It does happen to every program and every coach. Just not very often in Columbus or Tuscaloosa. Not all that common in Norman or Ann Arbor. Not a familiar occurrence these days in Death Valley or Tallahassee.

But it does happen. And sometimes it happens because of college football's entitlement culture.

Are we sure that Ohio State belonged in the playoff in the first place? The committee certainly thought so, declaring by both word and action that the Buckeyes were a cut above fellow Big Ten member (and champion) Penn State. A lot of us thought so, too. Ohio State's win at Owen Field, and Ohio State's superior interdivisional schedule, and Ohio State's flukish loss to Penn State (via blocked field goal) all conspired to convince us that the Buckeyes were better than Penn State.

But the committee ignored two of its own tenants to elevate Ohio State over Penn State. Conference championship and head-to-head criteria.

The committee fell victim to what has plagued college football literally since Princeton and Rutgers kicked off this madness with an 1869 game. The committee relied on what it thought. Not what it knew.

Big difference. Really big difference.

The poll nature of college football has fostered a century-long culture of opinion-making that doesn't exist in other sports.
    The following users like this post: dog-knee

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    Three hours before first TO

J/K

1, X

still pretty tasty.

Two of the best plays made by Mayfield this year - especially the 1st one. 4th and 4, running to his right and under pressure he drops an absolutely perfect pass to Westbrook to set up a touchdown. Amazing.

Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    Well...it's pretty easy to understand.

Watson came in 2nd in the voting and did what Mayfield couldn't. Beat Ohio State and he only lost one game. If you have some other insight...feel free to make your case. Just another thing...Clemson is also playing for the National Championship and after seeing Bama play UW...I think Clemson can win it.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...esults-ballots
    None of that was known before the Heisman was awarded so I'm not seeing how that bolsters your argument. There were comments out of Auburn's camp that Mayfield is the best QB they faced this year, including Watson.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

And the nominees for "Cuck Post of The Thread" are...

Originally Posted by bsdsooner View Post
    Lincoln Riley is getting completely outsmarted. He looks over his head again.
    Originally Posted by drumhead23us View Post
    Gee, what a ****ing surprise. Our offense is completely impotent in a bowl game.
    Originally Posted by Nashvegas View Post
    It's going to be a long day, big 12 sucks OU needs to get out tomorrow
    Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    To physical ... to strong ... OU getting manhandled ... everyone should have seen this coming ... OU won a physically weak conference ... even a four- Loss SEC team is stronger than the best of the Big 12
    Originally Posted by GoonerSooner View Post
    These **** offenses always wilt!!
    Originally Posted by orey22 View Post
    Another OU bowl game, and the offense can't move the ball, just a reason to hate the no defense Big XII league.
    6 users like oorah_okie's post: BobStoopsGinger, oucub23, SMU Sooner, thurman murman, waynepayne, Widescreen

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    I wish all those people would come here and try to convince us they were right. I'll bet most of them are mad we won.
    2 users like Widescreen's post: oorah_okie, thurman murman

Went to the TTU Scout board and scrolled through their Sugar Bowl game thread and ran across this gem:

Originally Posted by Ignorant TTU fan
    God the baker love is horrible.....He went to OU to compete for a job, why the hell didn't he just beat out Pat, I mean he is the best QB in the big 12. Anyone would do what baker does with the leading rusher in OU history and another 1000 yard back. SMH
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Oprah but yourself on that list

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    My source says you are another uninformed dickhead making a shithead guess.....trying to rain on the parade.

Thanks for being the board's biggest jackass
    Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    LOL at SoCal having OU sources. The only sources he has are his micro**** and his go **** himself.

Derp...

still pretty tasty.

I still haven't heard anyone mention Perine's block on that second play. **** I'm gonna miss him.

The following users like this post: RockFlagandEagle

Originally Posted by SoonernVolved View Post
    That's Samje's 5 o'clock shadow.
    2 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: SoonernVolved, SportyJames

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Lol. True. He was a great Sooner & I wish him nothing but success in the NFL.

Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    Went to the TTU Scout board and scrolled through their Sugar Bowl game thread and ran across this gem:
    tech fans don't know much about football.

Some other ones:

http://www.scout.com/college/texas-t...oma-sugar-bowl

BM is a Grade-A POS
    ------------

I'd like for Auburn D to kick the s* out of BM and Mixon. And I'd like a B12 O to run over an SEC D.
    I hope they both lose.

Tiger fan tonight. B12 take a back seat along with crying Bob.

I hope baker does a butt fumble... wouldn't that be glorious?

Baker Mayfield, Bob Stoopes, and Brent Musberger. The trifecta of hell.

Baker Mayfield, Bob Stoopes, and Brent Musberger. The trifecta of hell

Two punks and a pus.

Why is Mixon not in jail?

Watching the antics by ou players tonight,,, taunting, mouthing off, bench behavior, the B12 is in good hands with future thugery teams,,,BU/OU.

The funniest part of this is that idiot didn't even mention the Biletnikoff winner on the team. His argument is that Baker had the statistically most efficient season EVER was because of the two running backs. Sounds legit.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Actually, I think he shaved at halftime.
    3 users like oucub23's post: Fugue, RockFlagandEagle, SoonernVolved

Just started the game again, RIGHT Meow.
    2 users like HorpelKrufkin's post: Fugue, Hallucinogenic_Toreador

pretty sure that busted play was called. watch Andrews and Dede stall and then go to blocking assignments.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=211395590

n the sad and soggy night of Sept. 17, Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops and his downtrodden troops trudged through the muck and mire returning to their temporary locker room after a 45-24 loss to Ohio State.

For Stoops, it was only the third time in 44 games (.932) his team had lost at home against a non-conference opponent in his 18 seasons with the Sooners.

In his postgame interview session, it took Stoops less than five seconds to fall on the sword after congratulating the Buckeyes on their impressive performance in a national showcase game that had been delayed 90 minutes by a monsoon that drenched the Heartland.

Three more times Stoops plunged that sword directly into his midsection, accepting responsibility in every way imaginable.

Stoops then made a vow: "We'll keep a positive attitude," he promised. "We'll keep working to improve and do our best to have a better showing when we get back on the field here in a couple weeks (at TCU on Oct. 1)."

OU had overcome adversity in previous seasons under Stoops, but no turnaround could match what transpired this season. For the first time in school history, the Sooners closed out their season by beating four ranked opponents - No. 25 Baylor, No. 10 West Virginia, No. 11 Oklahoma State and No. 14 Auburn - and had done so with an average victory margin of 20.8 points.

When Stoops addressed the media after Monday night's impressive finale, pride and satisfaction oozed from his lips.

"It shows the strength, I think, of our character overall," Stoops said of the team that won the 10th Big 12 crown under his reign.

"We're a prideful team. (We're) a very close team. Guys care and respect one another. And we're confident, regardless of the people that try and rattle the cage and shake your confidence. We kept confident the entire season. We stayed positive with each other the entire season and trusted our system, trusted our methods and the way that we do things. And we built on it. We improved as we went through the end, and we fought through the outside noise and then kept to ourselves. And in our building, it can't be any more positive. And that means a lot. We take that to the field."

“We stayed positive with each other the entire season and trusted our system, trusted our methods and the way that we do things. And we built on it.” - Head Coach Bob Stoops
    OU is the only FBS program with 14 seasons of double-digit victories since 2000, and the Sooners' 10 consecutive victories represent the nation's second-longest active streak to Alabama's 26 straight.

Reeling off 10 wins in a row (the school's longest run since winning 11 straight in 2010-11) was anything but easy for OU.