How is it that Clemson is able to recruit like this?

Posted 144 day(s) ago by traxx23168 Views 489 Replies
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Before last season I'd never heard Clemson mentioned in the same sentence as good football team. I didn't get to watch the game between them and tOSU. But from what I've heard is that they just out-athleted and out-talented tOSU. And tOSU handled us fairly easily earlier in the season. How are they recruiting on such a higher level?

And most importantly; why can't we recruit this level of athlete consistently?
    You must be fairly young. From the late 70s to about 1990, they were one of the more consistently successful programs around under Danny Ford. Danny didn't play by the rules though, and they were hit with major NCAA sanctions twice for recruiting violations (the second time cost Ford his job), which may have had something to do with their program taking a step back for a while.

To answer your question, I think coaching is always the #1 factor by a wide margin, anywhere, any time, under any circumstances. Dabo is a good HC and he's obviously assembled a top notch staff that knows how to recruit.

Beyond that, locate Clemson on a map. Notice that top recruiting state Georgia is just a few miles away. High population states Tennessee and North Carolina are nearby. SC itself produces a lot of football talent. And Florida isn't all that far away either.

Then top that off with rabid football support; culturally, Clemson is more like an SEC school in ACC clothing.

With the right staff in place, there's no reason why Clemson shouldn't be an elite program year in and year out. It'll be interesting to see what happens if Bama lures Dabo away when Satan retires.
    2 users like Trip's post: ousoonerman93, swatmitchell

Originally Posted by Final.Answer? View Post
    bama man running the show. I have no idea
    Numerou$ 1$t round pick$ and NFL player$.

Also, to the OP, last year wasn't the first time Clemson was good.

Clemson was a top 10 program in the 80s and won a national title. It feel off in the 90s but it was competitive much of TommY Bowden's time in 00's and this was when the ACC was better. i don't get why Okla fans would think Clemson was never competitive in football.

Clemson is near the Blue Ridge mountains, you can seem them from campus, and right on a big lake. The campus has its own lake beach. It is like going to college at a lake mountain resort. Death Valley is a huge stadium, and the campus is as nice as UVA's and UNC's. Clemson is more unique than other colleges and that helps in recruiting. Okla doesn't look different than numerous other schools.

i don't understand the comment there is nothing to do in Clemson, there are 22,000 students in town, and a college strip area right next to campus with bars and restaurants. the college has its own golf course. why would a student need drive over 50 minutes to Greenville . to hang out with parents and their kids ?

i'm baffled as to why a program in Okla would think that it should be able to recruit better than Clemson though. lol i don't think recruits see Okla as paradise.
    The following users like this post: RockE

They hit a home run in Watson. Had he been a bust, they'd be no different than Auburn or Georgia.
    4 users like ThatGuy's post: BoomSoon2016, ChpThril, ousoonerman93, Soonerfan65

youo just kind of forgot about fact he replaced arguably our best QB ever in Tajh Boyd who set all kind of school and ACC passing records, and beat UGA, LSU, Ohio State, etc. not to mention Sammy Watkins, Nuk Hopkins, Martivus Bryant, Dwayne Allen, Andre Ellington, etc who are all playing on Sundays now.

y'all expect kids to go to Okla simply b/c the school won a lot of titles a long time ago. lol it is a different world now though, more programs trying to be competitive.

okla probably wouldn't have won but like 3 games if Baker Mayfield had not transferred. your defense is pretty bad. Clemson got more talent waiting at QB position and a better defense.

It was called Clemsoning, for the longest time they could not clear the FSU hurdle.
    4 users like notre dame joe's post: BoomSoon2016, ChpThril, DirtyBob, Silentsniper1516

Clemson is 8-6 against FSU the past 14 years. no team is going to beat FSU every year. Clemson getting over that hurdle more than other teams.

i notice that most of the people who use the dumb Clemsoning expression are fans of schools that win a lot less than Clemson.

I didn't see this posted on the 1st page, but game day atmosphere is one of the biggest things. Look at the crowd at Clemson, LSU, Alabama, OSU (real one), Michigan etc. Until OU can emulate a similar environment, it'll always be tough to recruit that well.

Before last season I'd never heard Clemson mentioned in the same sentence as good football team. I didn't get to watch the game between them and tOSU. But from what I've heard is that they just out-athleted and out-talented tOSU. And tOSU handled us fairly easily earlier in the season. How are they recruiting on such a higher level?

And most importantly; why can't we recruit this level of athlete consistently?

It's called the southeast where you'll find most of the athletes and speed that you need to win championships. OU would be able to get a lot of this talent if we were in the SEC.
    The following users like this post: soonergrad

Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
    Bullshit. I live in the suburbs of Charlotte, they have a lot of coverage here and a huge fan base to go with it.
    Say bullshit all you want. Clemson is an afterthought for the press even in Charlotte. Cam Newton taking a shit is a bigger story than Clemson. Tell me I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by eightisgreat View Post
    So they're cheating then? Very Little Brother.
    You think they aren't. Very naive. You must have been around many college athletes. There's a reason schools rise from basically nothing to be a power. When they get big enough everything comes out. Hell Miami cheated like mother ****ers in the richest recruiting area in the country.

Oklahoma has an established record of winning 10+ games, just won consecutive conference titles, and dominated a Sugar Bowl. In the circumstances of Clemson, or any other Southeastern P5 with any tradition and name recognition to speak of, this would immediately produce top 10 classes every year till we stopped winning or got in trouble. If we kept winning they'd be top 5 in a couple years. Instead, we'll keep plugging along to wrap up SS17 in the #5-10 range and pray we win 11 games again so 2018 has a chance to be in the same range.
    The following users like this post: OkieforOU

God damn the new money Clemson fans are priceless.

Also, I don't know why it's so hard to fathom that other schools are better at recruiting than we are. Bob Stoops has never been an elite recruiter, so I'm not sure why the expectation is there for him to be. That said, we had two tries in a row to shut hillbilly Dabo down, and we failed miserably. To the victor goes the spoils.
    6 users like drumhead23us's post: BoomSoon2016, ChpThril, Dingo, LVSOONER15, OkieforOU, ousoonerman93

beautiful campus, good conference and a much cooler version of mullet man gundy as a coach.

and to think they're doing it with awful colors and nary a snazzy alternate uniform to be seen.

but seriously they've historically had a good program but always found a way to blow it when it got down to serious business. hence the reason why "clemsoned" became a verb.
    I'd rather them be good than about 100 other teams in the country. hope they spank the hair off Satan's midget ass.

Clemson is discussed all the time in the local media in Columbia, Greenville, and Charleston, and on sports talk radio, and on ESPN. and Fox sports.

CLemosn is 10 miles from I-85. not exactly the 'boondocks'. lol Clemson is within the Greenville CSA, which is the 40th or so largest CSA in the country. I think Norman is closer to be the boondocks, unless you think OKC is something else.

i think red is the ugliest color so i dunno if Okla fans want to beat up on Clemson uniforms. lol and CU does have alternative uniforms.

there is somethign weird about Okla fans talking about 'Clemsoning' given CU dominated them two years in a row and the first year it was with Cole Stoudt at QB. Stoudt had not played well in his starts against ACC teams but looked like Brett Farve against Okla. lol

1. Smokin' hot coeds. Like, incomprehensibly so.
    2. Mustard-based sauce
    The following users like this post: DirtyBob

South Carolina white women are some of the best

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Breaking an NFL record is never an exception.
    Actually, it always is.
    The following users like this post: quidam65

Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    Clemson was a top 10 program in the 80s and won a national title. It feel off in the 90s but it was competitive much of TommY Bowden's time in 00's and this was when the ACC was better. i don't get why Okla fans would think Clemson was never competitive in football.

Clemson is near the Blue Ridge mountains, you can seem them from campus, and right on a big lake. The campus has its own lake beach. It is like going to college at a lake mountain resort. Death Valley is a huge stadium, and the campus is as nice as UVA's and UNC's. Clemson is more unique than other colleges and that helps in recruiting. Okla doesn't look different than numerous other schools.

i don't understand the comment there is nothing to do in Clemson, there are 22,000 students in town, and a college strip area right next to campus with bars and restaurants. the college has its own golf course. why would a student need drive over 50 minutes to Greenville . to hang out with parents and their kids ?

i'm baffled as to why a program in Okla would think that it should be able to recruit better than Clemson though. lol i don't think recruits see Okla as paradise.
    Lol have u ever been to Clemson?????? I think you have the wrong place.

Clemson is where I went to college.

I don't get why you think Norman is a more attractive place to live for 4 years than Clemson. lol Norman looks like everywhere USA to me, best case scenario.

just look at norman's location on the map of the US and ask yourself how does OKla ever get any good out of state recruits. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ok...!4d-97.5164276

it is like 8 hours to a beach.

btw, Okla hasn't won a national title since 2000. and most of their titles were poll decided back in the 1950s and 1970s. and it was mediocre and then terrible in the 90s, similar to Clemson. not sure how they claim to be 'old money'. lol and your coach wears a visor and looks like he has never played a sport in his life but you guys say Dabo is goofy. lol Dabo was a WR on a Alabama's 92 title team.
    Last edited by Swamp Fox; January 3rd, 2017 at 01:41 PM.

Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    You must be fairly young.
    If you're Stinger's age, then yeah, I'm young.

From the late 70s to about 1990, they were one of the more consistently successful programs around under Danny Ford. Danny didn't play by the rules though, and they were hit with major NCAA sanctions twice for recruiting violations (the second time cost Ford his job), which may have had something to do with their program taking a step back for a while.

To answer your question, I think coaching is always the #1 factor by a wide margin, anywhere, any time, under any circumstances. Dabo is a good HC and he's obviously assembled a top notch staff that knows how to recruit.

Beyond that, locate Clemson on a map. Notice that top recruiting state Georgia is just a few miles away. High population states Tennessee and North Carolina are nearby. SC itself produces a lot of football talent. And Florida isn't all that far away either.

Then top that off with rabid football support; culturally, Clemson is more like an SEC school in ACC clothing.

With the right staff in place, there's no reason why Clemson shouldn't be an elite program year in and year out. It'll be interesting to see what happens if Bama lures Dabo away when Satan retires.
    Other than their 1 national title, Clemson during this time doesn't look a whole lot different than Georgia. A nice program but not a power house that brings home tons of championships and hardware. I honestly had forgotten that Clemson even won an NC until someone brought it up last year. I was 11 at the time and I honestly don't remember anything about them winning an NC. I remember more about BYU winning the NC than I do Clemson.

People keep bringing up location and how close they are to fertile recruiting grounds and so on. Why have they not been able to exploit this until recently? They didn't just move into this area a few years ago did they? To bring up UGA again, why can't they get great recruiting classes? They're smack dab in the middle of this fertile recruiting ground. And look at Texas. They're the premiere university in a state with tons of top football talent yet they always under achieve. Although owning the head-to-head over OU they lag behind OU's football program in every other way. I know location matters but it's also not the be all, end all. I've never been to Tuscaloosa but I've heard people say that it's not all that great. How is it that they are competing for their 5th national title in 8 years?

My point in the OP was that Clemson has come out of nowhere as far as their recruiting talent. And more to the point, we should be recruiting on that level. Don't give me that Norman, OK doesn't have beautiful scenery or beaches or doesn't have things to do and doesn't have pretty co-eds. We have tradition. We've won 7 NCs. We've done it before. We should be able to still do it. If you put together a program that wins or competes for NCs every year, recruits will come no matter if you're in Buffalo NY or So Cal.

Whoa, you're making me regret the positive points I cited above about Clemson. You need to take your foot off the CFB nouveau riche gas pedal for a minute and get some perspective.

When your school can claim 7 modern era NCs, 5 Heismans, the winningest record since WW2 and status as one of just a handful of true blue bloods in CFB with a national following, people will respect your right to talk trash here.

Lots of programs have their moments in the sun, but very few can legitimately claim elite status decade after decade. Clemson is a long way from being one of them.

okla probably wouldn't have won but like 3 games if Baker Mayfield had not transferred.
    OU 35, Auburn 19 (with help from last second garbage points)

Clemson 19, Auburn 13

You were saying?
    The following users like this post: ousoonerman93

I don't get why you think Norman is a more attractive place to live for 4 years than Clemson. lol Norman looks like everywhere USA to me, best case scenario.
    The University of Oklahoma is on this list:

The 25 Most Beautiful College Campuses in America

Clemson isn't.

People keep bringing up location and how close they are to fertile recruiting grounds and so on. Why have they not been able to exploit this until recently? They didn't just move into this area a few years ago did they? To bring up UGA again, why can't they get great recruiting classes? They're smack dab in the middle of this fertile recruiting ground. And look at Texas. They're the premiere university in a state with tons of top football talent yet they always under achieve.
    You hit the nail on the head. Like Texas, Clemson has historically underachieved given the natural advantages it's blessed with.

I'll say it again: the skill of the coaching staff is the #1 factor in recruiting success. Not geography. Not conference affiliation. Not anything else. When Clemson's current staff has moved on (and they will eventually), there's a good chance Clemson will revert to the mean.
    The following users like this post: traxx

Whoa, you're making me regret the positive points I cited above about Clemson. You need to take your foot off the CFB nouveau riche gas pedal for a minute and get some perspective.

When your school can claim 7 modern era NCs, 5 Heismans, the winningest record since WW2 and status as one of just a handful of true blue bloods in CFB with a national following, people will respect your right to talk trash here.

Lots of programs have their moments in the sun, but very few can legitimately claim elite status decade after decade. Clemson is a long way from being one of them.
    lol, modern era includes the 50s and mid seventies now? you only recent title was in 2000, and obviously prior to the playoff format. most of your titles were based on poll, not winning title games. Clemson has had plenty of players as good as any Heismans that you have. I think Watson deserved Heisman last two years.

I looked at Oklahomas season records, and only twice in the 90s did Oklahoma win at least 9 games, and they had several losing or 6-6 type seasons. so you kind of leaving out a decade of mediocrity. Clemson fell off in the 90s too after being a top 10 program in the 80s, and it was a competitive program in the 00's under Bowden.

BIg 12 always looks weak on defense, that is why you always see these crazy high scoring games every week.

I think Okla's campus is an eyesore, personally. it is probably nicer than most in the texas , oklahoma area though. some of it it is just the scenery out there is vanilla compared to Carolinas.

OU 35, Auburn 19 (with help from last second garbage points)

Clemson 19, Auburn 13

You were saying?
    you are leaving out fact Clemson smoked Okla in past two seasons including the first one with. Cole Stoudt playing QB. lol Plus the Auburn game was on the road 1st game of season for Clemson, not on a neutral field. Auburn also didn't have their best QB most of the game. Okla defense matches up better with an run-happy team like Auburn than with teams with a good passing QB.

i was happy to see Okla win b/c i don't like Auburn or SEC in general. but i'm kind of surprised that Okla fans really think their program is top shelf compared to Clemson.

Clemson was a small male only military college until 1955. Okla won 3 of their 'titles' (poll based titles) in the mid 50s.

my opinin, the Clemson teams starting with Tajh Boyd's first year in 2010 up to this year would beat most if not all of Okla's poll based title teams from decades ago. Clemson would have won national title last year in the poll based era, as it was 14-0 prior to game with bama. back then teams won it 11-0 or 11-1.

When they get penalized with NCAA Violations in a couple of more years, then you will know.

lol, modern era includes the 50s and mid seventies now? you only recent title was in 2000, and obviously prior to the playoff format. most of your titles were based on poll, not winning title games. Clemson has had plenty of players as good as any Heismans that you have. I think Watson deserved Heisman last two years.
    Obvious troll is obvious, but I'm going to try to educate you anyway. I'm guessing you just started paying attention to the sport of football since Dabo got Clemson on the national stage so I'll try to keep that in mind. Modern era in national titles means those awarded since the advent of the AP poll. Not the ones retroactively awarded, which OU doesn't claim anyway. These national titles are recognized by everyone. If you don't agree with that, then what are you even doing watching CFB? In football, CFB and NFL, sometimes the better team doesn't win but everyone has agreed upon the rules ahead of time and whoever scores more points in that one game is considered the winner. It's not like NBA or MLB where in a series the better team more than likely wins out.

You may not know this because it happened prior to 2009 but Clemson won an NC that was voted on by the polls. I'm guessing you don't accept that title. You may win one against Bama, but as of today (January 3, 2017) how many NCs has Clemson won in a 1 vs. 2 game or in a playoff format? I'll wait while you go to wikipedia to look it up.

You dogging on OUs campus and Norman just reeks of sour grapes. C'mon man. Be better than that. This is why people don't like Johnny Come Latelys. You win a few games and you think you can talk trash. You're Oregon before Chip left for the NFL. You're Baylor before the **** allegations. You just came on the scene. You're talking to a program that won 47 straight games. A program with 7 NCs. A program that was good in the latter half of the '40s up through the '50s, was decent in the 60s, good in the '70s and '80s and good in the '00s up through now.

i was responding to arrogant Okla superfans who act like Clemson is 'the boondocks' and Norman is something else. how many recruits care Okla won titles back in the 50s and 70s. that was 5 of their titles. so wut. i think they are looking more at the coach, the style of play, how many recent players have been drafted by NFL, playing time, facilities, the geographic location, etc than total number of titles by a program.

wut was Okla doing in the 90s? nothing. they've been better the past two decades but only 1 natty.

i don't even bring up the natty Clemson won in 81. you guys are the ones always talking about natties from decades ago. sports is about right now and right now Clemson is better program than Okla. it is not a logical assumption to assert that Okla will be better in the future than Clemson simply b/c it won 5 poll titles in the 50s and 70s. lol

there were a lot less programs that were competitive in football back in the 50s and 70s. nowadays small private schools like TCU and Baylor have had a shot to make the playoffs.

you're arguing the 50s on an OU board? Your better off pretending that Clemson was founded in 1970.

i was responding to arrogant Okla superfans who act like Clemson is 'the boondocks' and Norman is something else. how many recruits care Okla won titles back in the 50s and 70s. that was 5 of their titles. so wut. i think they are looking more at the coach, the style of play, how many recent players have been drafted by NFL, playing time, facilities, the geographic location, etc than total number of titles by a program.

wut was Okla doing in the 90s? nothing. they've been better the past two decades but only 1 natty.

i don't even bring up the natty Clemson won in 81. you guys are the ones always talking about natties from decades ago. sports is about right now and right now Clemson is better program than Okla. it is not a logical assumption to assert that Okla will be better in the future than Clemson simply b/c it won 5 poll titles in the 50s and 70s. lol

there were a lot less programs that were competitive in football back in the 50s and 70s. nowadays small private schools like TCU and Baylor have had a shot to make the playoffs.

My obviously young and historically ignorant friend, history PROVES OU has staying power. History proves Clemson does not.

i'm pretty sure you did not know Clemson was a male only military school until 1955, and it ididn't become a full fledge university until 1965. When Clemson won th enatty in 1981, it was only 10,000 students or so, smaller than the College of Charleston is today. lol Today, CLemson is only 17,000 undergraduate students. Clemson is the David of college football.

Originally Posted by notre dame joe View Post
    you're arguing the 50s on an OU board? Your better off pretending that Clemson was founded in 1970.
    Clemson didn't become a comprehensive university until 1965.

i'm pretty sure Oklahoma was a pretty big school compared to most others in the 50s and on. and back then, you didn't have to worry about the high flying hurry up offenses that you see today at Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech, etc.

Hey ****. You're on a **** OU forum....What do you think you're going to read here? I don't like to get into it on any forum, but if you are going to get annoyed OU fans are not talking in your school's favor, then go play with your Clemson pals on your own ****ing board...Oh yeah, that's right...Your ****ing forum format sucks.

Originally Posted by ousoonerman93 View Post
    Hey ****. You're on a **** OU forum....What do you think you're going to read here? I don't like to get into it on any forum, but if you are going to get annoyed OU fans are not talking in your school's favor, then go play with your Clemson pals on your own ****ing board...Oh yeah, that's right...Your ****ing forum format sucks.
    i don't like Tigernet and never post there. i think you change the format though. this website does have a nice format.

here is a shot of Okla's campus:

[IMG]University of Oklahoma by Aimee Dars Ellis, on Flickr[/IMG]

if you were a good player being recruited by programs all over the country and you walked thru this area of campus,...........

i'm pretty sure you did not know Clemson was a male only military school until 1955, and it ididn't become a full fledge university until 1965. When Clemson won th enatty in 1981, it was only 10,000 students or so, smaller than the College of Charleston is today. lol Today, CLemson is only 17,000 undergraduate students. Clemson is the David of college football.
    Uh - paging the University of Miami, University of Miami with 11,000 students, the "David" of College Football - with more NC's than Clemson.......
    The following users like this post: ousoonerman93

Originally Posted by soonergirl1201 View Post
    Uh - paging the University of Miami, University of Miami with 11,000 students, the "David" of College Football - with more NC's than Clemson.......
    that is in Florida though. Miami hasn't done anything since they moved to a real conference though. hasn't won the ACC one time.

in general u think it would be easy to recruit good players to Miami.

Originally Posted by ESPN View Post
    I didn't see this posted on the 1st page, but game day atmosphere is one of the biggest things. Look at the crowd at Clemson, LSU, Alabama, OSU (real one), Michigan etc. Until OU can emulate a similar environment, it'll always be tough to recruit that well.
    Hey sit down! I can't see!

i don't really buy Okla doesn't have a good game day atmosphere. lol all u need for good game day atmophere is good sized stadium, a lot of people at the game, tailgating areas, a decent team etc. i would say it should be better than Michigan's and places up north b/c the weather should be warmer on average.

If you're Stinger's age, then yeah, I'm young.
    Nobody is as old as Stinger.

But I am old enough to remember Clemson's run in the 80s. Fueled by cheating, as noted earlier. Like I said, they're an SEC school masquerading as an ACC school.

lol, modern era includes the 50s and mid seventies now?
    If you don't know the definition of "modern era" with regard to college football, you're way in over your head on a board like this one.

You sound very young. In fact, your writing style is reminiscent of a middle schooler, so that probably explains your lack of knowledge.

i was responding to arrogant Okla superfans who act like Clemson is 'the boondocks' and Norman is something else.
    Clemson isn't the boondocks. It's more like "Deliverance."

You don't happen to play the banjo, do you?

By the way, Norman is a very nice college town. In my opinion, easily equal, if not superior, to Chapel Hill, which I live next door to.
    2 users like Trip's post: DirtyBob, ousoonerman93

Clemson was put on probation but the probation didn't involve any player that played for Clemson. you got some bitter Okla fans on here who are mad Clemson beat them down past two years so want to talk about how Clemson cheats. If Clemson cheats, so has Oklahoma.

you prattling on about winning national titles in 50 plus years ago. and there was no title game , no playoff then. I can't see any recruit deciding to go to Okla because the school won titles in the 50s and 70s. lol

ok, but I don't think anybody thinks a suburb of Oklahoma City is paradise. That area is not close to anything else.

I think if highly recruited players like Watson chose to play at Clemson, it is probably a pretty good spot.

i don't underfstand how anybody can think Norman Oklahoma should have some kind of recruiting advantage over Clemson. it is so arrogant yet so baseless.
    Last edited by Swamp Fox; January 3rd, 2017 at 08:08 PM.

Clemson was put on probation but the probation didn't involve any player that played for Clemson. you got some bitter Okla fans on here who are mad Clemson beat them down past two years so want to talk about how Clemson cheats. If Clemson cheats, so has Oklahoma.

you prattling on about winning national titles in 50 plus years ago. and there was no title game , no playoff then. I can't see any recruit deciding to go to Okla because the school won titles in the 50s and 70s. lol
    You don't seem to know all that much about your school's history, yet you feel qualified to talk about ours?

EL OH EL, Junior.

On November 22, 1982, the football program at Clemson was placed on probation for a 2-year period to include the 1983 and 1984 seasons. This sanction was enforced on the program by the NCAA Committee on Infractions due to a lengthy history of recruiting violations to gain an athletic advantage that had taken place from 1977 through the Tigers' 1981 National Championship season and into 1982, under the administration of two head coaches, Charlie Pell and Danny Ford.

More than 150 documented violations and 69 charges were cited under NCAA bylaws in the categories of improper recruiting inducements, extra benefits to student-athletes, ethical conduct, improper financial aid, improper campus visits, improper transportation and entertainment, improper use of funds, improper employment, and improper recruiting contact.
    Just five years after their first probation under Ford ended, Clemson once again found their football program accused of multiple recruiting violations in January 1990. The NCAA accused Clemson of giving cash to players and having illegal contact with recruits over a period from 1984 to 1988.

old timer,

i've haven't been gushing about Clemson's wins in the past. it has nothing to do with right now, and you have no evidence that Dabo has been paying players. lol Given the criticism Okla has received for not k icking Mixon off the team, i don't think u really want to be accusing other programs of being shady right now. lol I think Mixon is kicked off the team if he played for Dabo. he hit a girl in the face.

Mixon was your star player in the Auburn game.

my point is that there is no valid reason that Okla should recruit better than Clemson or any other large public university in the south. You are making a college 10 miles off I-85, and halfway between Atlanta and Charlotte, and 20 miles to the most populated county in SC (Greenville COunty), out as the boondocks. it make no sense.

to the boondocks would be a college town like Pullman, or Starkville.