How is it that Clemson is able to recruit like this?

Posted 55 day(s) ago by traxx18151 Views 489 Replies
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5

Originally Posted by soonergrad View Post
    Because Big 12 style of football is not conducive to developing players for the NFL. The offenses are gimmick laden and the defenses are not fundamentally sound
    Sterling Shepard.
    Jermaine Gresham.
    Trent Williams.
    Demarco Murray.
    Gerald McCoy.
    Brian Orakpo.
    Jeremy Maclin.
    Earl Thomas.
    Kenny Stills.
    Dez Bryant.
    Ndamukong Suh.

Do I need to continue?
    2 users like DirtyBob's post: RockE, ShreyK21

Only dumbass Clemson fans have to come here and beat their chests for recognition or something. Just a reminder about Clemson's place in the college football universe, the last two seasons notwithstanding:

http://www.winsipedia.com/

3 users like Tobias's post: Barry Amenema, Soonerfan65, Trip

Okla only has won national title in the past 32 years, and it is the only 1 out of 7 that was not based on a poll. as i've pointed out Clemson was a small male only military college until 1955, so not really realistic to think it could recruit at same level as a larger traditional university.

I wouldn't have posted on this forum if I had not seen this odd out of the blue thread beating up on Clemson. pull up a map of the USA on google with Norman marked, and ask yourslef why Norman should have an advantage in recruiting over other colleges. You guys act like it Norman is southern California or near the beach in Florida. lol

a lot of you are so vain that you think you can do better than Stoops. a quick look at Okla's record in the 90's makes that seem doubtful.
    Last edited by Swamp Fox; January 3rd, 2017 at 09:42 PM.

And then we learned Swamp Fox was Carly Simon all along.
    The following users like this post: HellVol

Originally Posted by Adonijah_Aijalon View Post
    I knew a skinny white boy in elementary school named Dakota.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Hell I know a skinny white boy right now named Dakota.

Originally Posted by DirtyBob View Post
    Sterling Shepard.
    Jermaine Gresham.
    Trent Williams.
    Demarco Murray.
    Gerald McCoy.
    Brian Orakpo.
    Jeremy Maclin.
    Earl Thomas.
    Kenny Stills.
    Dez Bryant.
    Ndamukong Suh.

Do I need to continue?
    Compare that to how many players of this caliber are in the NFL from the SEC and Big 10

How is it that Clemson is able to recruit like this?

Originally Posted by soonergrad View Post
    Compare that to how many players of this caliber are in the NFL from the SEC and Big 10
    That wasn't the original statement. I'm sure I could come up with more but that's just what came to the top of my head.

On another note, wtf is up with this swampfux guy? New money gonna New money.
    There is nothing worth pissing on in between Columbia and Charleston, SC. I've never been through a state more run down than SC.

Oh and btw swampcocks, OU currently has a top 5 recruiting class. Who doesn't? Clemspun. So all your jazz about nobody wanting to play in Norman doesn't make sense.

Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    Okla only has won national title in the past 32 years, and it is the only 1 out of 7 that was not based on a poll. as i've pointed out Clemson was a small male only military college until 1955, so not really realistic to think it could recruit at same level as a larger traditional university.

I wouldn't have posted on this forum if I had not seen this odd out of the blue thread beating up on Clemson. pull up a map of the USA on google with Norman marked, and ask yourslef why Norman should have an advantage in recruiting over other colleges. You guys act like it Norman is southern California or near the beach in Florida. lol

a lot of you are so vain that you think you can do better than Stoops. a quick look at Okla's record in the 90's makes that seem doubtful.
    You had me agreeing with you right up until you mentioned the 90's ....as if you had no clue why. Sorry bub but there's a reason Oklahoma is considered a top 5 destination job and clemson isn't. When Dabo leaves for Bama you'll be right back in the dumps, clemsoning.
    2 users like ChpThril's post: BoomSoon2016, DirtyBob

if Okla was a destination job, y'all still wouldn't have Stoops as your coach. lol

not sure how you can claim your program is 'old money' if you have 1 title in the BCS and playoff eras. but fee free to keep talking about the good ol days back in the 50s and 70s lol.

if Okla was a destination job, y'all still wouldn't have Stoops as your coach. lol
    wtf kind of logic is that?
    2 users like DirtyBob's post: ChpThril, OUHomebrew

Okla fans always complaining about Stoops but the Okla brass know they can't do better.

If you look at every college football program's history, you see it is about the coach, not the school itself. Okla was nothing in 90s, Stoops turned it around.

if any coach could be successful at oklahoma, or alabama, etc why do these schools pay a coach that crazy Kobe Bryrant type money. lol

btw, i've heard numerous people in discussions about college football say Okla is so overrated every year. lol so not sure y'all got credibility to do 'Clemsoning' especially since Clemson crush Okla two seasons in a row. y'all going to be so mad if CU wins the natty. lol

in my view, Baylor and TCU are positioned to be best two programs in big 12 and they have been much of past few years. those kids who grow up in texas don't have much reason to go to Oklahoma if there are so many viable programs in texas. plus texas am can pitch the fact they play in the mighty SEC. this ain't 1950s football anymore, old timer.

also please disclose all the exciting things to see between OKC and Tulsa or OKC and Dallas. lol SC has a much bigger population than Okla, old timer.
    Last edited by Swamp Fox; January 4th, 2017 at 01:04 AM.

in my view, Baylor and TCU are positioned to be best two programs in big 12 and they have been
    This is how I know you don't actually watch football. Baylor is headed for major sanctions (because you know, covering up ****), and they have almost 0 signees in both 16 and 17 classes. That's how you end up 0-12; ask Kansas.
    6 users like BoomSoon2016's post: ChpThril, DirtyBob, diverdog, HellVol, Silentsniper1516, ThreeHatBilly

Okla fans always complaining about Stoops but the Okla brass know they can't do better.

If you look at every college football program's history, you see it is about the coach, not the school itself. Okla was nothing in 90s, Stoops turned it around.

if any coach could be successful at oklahoma, or alabama, etc why do these schools pay a coach that crazy Kobe Bryrant type money. lol

btw, i've heard numerous people in discussions about college football say Okla is so overrated every year. lol so not sure y'all got credibility to do 'Clemsoning' especially since Clemson crush Okla two seasons in a row. y'all going to be so mad if CU wins the natty. lol

in my view, Baylor and TCU are positioned to be best two programs in big 12 and they have been much of past few years. those kids who grow up in texas don't have much reason to go to Oklahoma if there are so many viable programs in texas. plus texas am can pitch the fact they play in the mighty SEC. this ain't 1950s football anymore, old timer.

also please disclose all the exciting things to see between OKC and Tulsa or OKC and Dallas. lol SC has a much bigger population than Okla, old timer.
    LoL ... ok who's troll acct is this?

Again... 90's were horrible for a reason. Do some research on OU and the 80's. Sanctions take a bit to recover from. Ask Bama.

And yes we understand its about the coach and not the school. However top schools bring in top coaches. If you had a top coach choosing between OU and clemson.... one school with history, the money to do whatever they want, a school known for winning championships.... or ....Clemson. Who do you think they are gonna choose? Exactly why i said you guys will fall off the board again when Bama takes Dabo. Again... I was agreeing with you in all of post 103 right up until the 90's comment. Obviously you know zero about history and college football. You confirmed it with the Baylor statement. LoL ....most idiotic statement in the history of college football boards.
    6 users like ChpThril's post: BoomSoon2016, ChocoLab, DirtyBob, HellVol, Silentsniper1516, Soonerfan65

not sure how you can claim your program is 'old money' if you have 1 title in the BCS and playoff eras. but fee free to keep talking about the good ol days back in the 50s and 70s lol.
    1 title... and how many did we actually play for? Remind me how many you have again? Maybe remind me how many different schools actually have a BCS title while you're at it.

Originally Posted by GeorgiaSooner View Post
    It's called the southeast where you'll find most of the athletes and speed that you need to win championships. OU would be able to get a lot of this talent if we were in the SEC.
    That speed really showed this bowl season. Those Texas and Cali kids couldn't outmuscle or keep up with those kids from the football powerhouse south.
    4 users like Silentsniper1516's post: ChocoLab, DirtyBob, Soonerfan65, soonergrad

Apparently two teams that barely made bowl games are about to "dominate" the B12. Meanwhile, Oklahoma, whose coach has more conference championships than home losses, with a top 10- top 5 recruiting class is going to lose to a team that has 1 commit. Please, where do I get the drugs you are currently on.
    2 users like Silentsniper1516's post: HellVol, Soonerfan65

Originally Posted by BoomSoon2016 View Post
    This is how I know you are really a Game****
    Found and fixed

Those 3 natty games OU lost under Stoops have impacted the perception of OU football. If Bob could have won 2 of those 3, which were close losses, he'd be in Saban status. But he didn't and OU seems to be fighting to be elite ever since. Until OU can consistently beat the best teams we aren't going regain the reputation of a powerhouse we think we deserve. I thought when we went to South Bend and beat ND we were about to get to the top of the heap but blowout losses to tOSU and Clemson have shattered that myth. Stoops seemed to be living on his rep rather than hard work for too many years, thus our slide from the top.
    The following users like this post: soonergrad

Sterling Shepard.
    Jermaine Gresham.
    Trent Williams.
    Demarco Murray.
    Gerald McCoy.
    Brian Orakpo.
    Jeremy Maclin.
    Earl Thomas.
    Kenny Stills.
    Dez Bryant.
    Ndamukong Suh.

Do I need to continue?
    What...no Adrian Peterson

Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    What...no Adrian Peterson
    I really left AD out? ****.
    I'm an idiot.

Alright guys, let's stop feeding the troll. The guy honestly believes things like Baylor has always been good. You can't win an argument with someone that doesn't know anything and has no historical knowledge. This thread has gone way off the rails. Let's get back to recruiting talk and ignore the swamp guy.
    3 users like traxx's post: ousoonerman93, Soonerfan65, Val on the Getner

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Alright guys, let's stop feeding the troll. The guy honestly believes things like Baylor has always been good. You can't win an argument with someone that doesn't know anything and has no historical knowledge. This thread has gone way off the rails. Let's get back to recruiting talk and ignore the swamp guy.
    Right? This thread was in no way derogatory toward Clemson, except a few "cheating" posts. People correctly responded to the OP and said that Clemson is bringing in recruits because a) their coach, and b) they're winning. Troll has to come in here and tell us to look up Norman on a map, why? Then he tries to act like Clemson isn't rural. It is rural, and that's fine-- most college towns are. Clemson is similar to Oklahoma State. Rural, but a metro within a close drive. Norman is literally continuous with Oklahoma City and is basically an extension of the OKC metro. Finally, to act like history doesn't matter is just jealousy.

Surprisingly, not a lot of people have bit on the troll bait. Mostly because what he's typing is so asinine, it's not even worth the time. Campus beauty smack talk? Ok.
    2 users like meoveryouxinfinity's post: DirtyBob, Soonerfan65

It seems that every year, the top High School Defensive end in the country comes from that area(NC, SC, Ga or Florida)The guy at A&M is the exception. Great defenses need a great pass rush. There is a reason why the top prospects in the NFL draft are either DE's, DT's CB's or QB's. Those are the difference makers. WR's, LB's and RB's are usually easier to find. Especially when you have the linemen and a good QB.
    Clemson sticks out of the rest of the pack in that area right now due simply to the fact that they have a GREAT QB and a GREAT pass rush. Their other players are really good too, but would not be chasing a NC without the QB.
    The following users like this post: ChpThril

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Agree. I made the mistake of jumping in after it was clear he's upset about his sister walking in on him trying to suck his own ****.

Originally Posted by ousoonerman93 View Post
    Agree. I made the mistake of jumping in after it was clear he's upset about his sister walking in on him trying to suck his own ****.
    You appear to have no problem letting people know you are dumb. how did you even come up with this

It's okay, Skippy. Maybe you'll find a girl someday.

Originally Posted by meoveryouxinfinity View Post
    Right? This thread was in no way derogatory toward Clemson, except a few "cheating" posts. People correctly responded to the OP and said that Clemson is bringing in recruits because a) their coach, and b) they're winning. Troll has to come in here and tell us to look up Norman on a map, why? Then he tries to act like Clemson isn't rural. It is rural, and that's fine-- most college towns are. Clemson is similar to Oklahoma State. Rural, but a metro within a close drive. Norman is literally continuous with Oklahoma City and is basically an extension of the OKC metro. Finally, to act like history doesn't matter is just jealousy.

Surprisingly, not a lot of people have bit on the troll bait. Mostly because what he's typing is so asinine, it's not even worth the time. Campus beauty smack talk? Ok.
    i can assure you no Clemson fan is jealous of Oklahoma. Clemson has bee in the natty two years in a row, but we are jealous of a team CU blew out the past two years because you won some poll based titles back in the 50s and 70s? lol Ok then.

i don' t think most people dying to move to a suburb of OKC. OKC is more isolated from other cities than Clemson is and it is a landlocked area. what is the draw to OKC? A nice mall? Lol

my point is that Norman itself has no natural recruiting advantage over Clemson, which is what some of you guys were saying.

Originally Posted by ChpThril View Post
    1 title... and how many did we actually play for? Remind me how many you have again? Maybe remind me how many different schools actually have a BCS title while you're at it.
    Weez got one! The first one!

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

You appear to have no problem letting people know you are dumb. how did you even come up with this
    Said by the guy who thinks Baylor with their 1 recruit is poised to make a run....

Originally Posted by ousoonerman93 View Post
    It's okay, Skippy. Maybe you'll find a girl someday.
    He has a girl now. Rosie Palm.
    2 users like Trip's post: Barry Amenema, ousoonerman93

Originally Posted by ChpThril View Post
    Said by the guy who thinks Baylor with their 1 recruit is poised to make a run....
    my comment wasn't perverted. Baylor may be done now since the Briles fiasco but they and TCU were the class of the Big 12 for awhile. regardless, they are getting better recruits now then in the past and that has to hurt Oklahoma some.

Oh and btw swampcocks, OU currently has a top 5 recruiting class. Who doesn't? Clemspun. So all your jazz about nobody wanting to play in Norman doesn't make sense.
    You probably don't want to start talking scoreboard with Clemson in recruiting. Their class isn't done yet and Dabo can close.

Clemson has two 5 star QBs coming in, one out of UGA and one out of Indiana, Hunter Johnson i think.

Deshaun Watson is the reason that Clemson looks to talented. Transcendent QBs can elevate entire teams, even the defenses. Look at what Baker did when he stepped on the field for OU, took them from a very average 8-4 team to the playoffs.

A team like Bama or tOSU has stockpiled enough talent to mitigate average QB play, but a team like Clemson or OU needs that top flight QB in order to be elite. Think about OU under Stoops: We've been elite when we have an elite college QB. Josh, Jason, Sam, Baker....played for national titles with them, every one of them either won or contended for a Heisman. The rest of the QBs? Meh, some were above average some were average, and the team echo'd that.

IMO, unless Clemson has another Watson waiting on the bench; then you will see them fall off and become more like a FSU or OU. Elite when they have a good QB, good when they have a good one, and average when they have an average one.

This tells you pretty much all you need to know about Swamp Fux.

3 users like Trip's post: DirtyBob, HellVol, ousoonerman93

Originally Posted by HellVol View Post
    You probably don't want to start talking scoreboard with Clemson in recruiting. Their class isn't done yet and Dabo can close.

It's really not worth talking with this ****stick about anything. Sorry I wasted my time with him at all.

i can assure you no Clemson fan is jealous of Oklahoma. Clemson has bee in the natty two years in a row, but we are jealous of a team CU blew out the past two years because you won some poll based titles back in the 50s and 70s? lol Ok then.
    Of course not. You'd be a shitty fan if you wanted to trade places.

But I guarantee you, if you stripped the names of the Universities and just put up their accomplishments, 100% of college football fans would choose OUs over Clemsons. So regardless of what you think of OU, our history and tradition are unquestionable.
    3 users like ResidentEvil's post: DirtyBob, ousoonerman93, Soonerfan65

Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    Deshaun Watson is the reason that Clemson looks to talented. Transcendent QBs can elevate entire teams, even the defenses. Look at what Baker did when he stepped on the field for OU, took them from a very average 8-4 team to the playoffs.

A team like Bama or tOSU has stockpiled enough talent to mitigate average QB play, but a team like Clemson or OU needs that top flight QB in order to be elite. Think about OU under Stoops: We've been elite when we have an elite college QB. Josh, Jason, Sam, Baker....played for national titles with them, every one of them either won or contended for a Heisman. The rest of the QBs? Meh, some were above average some were average, and the team echo'd that.

IMO, unless Clemson has another Watson waiting on the bench; then you will see them fall off and become more like a FSU or OU. Elite when they have a good QB, good when they have a good one, and average when they have an average one.
    can't you say this about every team? Every team is only as good as its QB.

Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    Of course not. You'd be a shitty fan if you wanted to trade places.

But I guarantee you, if you stripped the names of the Universities and just put up their accomplishments, 100% of college football fans would choose OUs over Clemsons. So regardless of what you think of OU, our history and tradition are unquestionable.
    actually i think most fans think Okla is the most overrated program.

No, I addressed that.

*Alabama

Everyone else, pretty much. Maybe Ohio State.

alabama's QB is good. lol plus Alabama hasn't played any good passing teams unless you count Ole Miss and Ole miss did score on them. you can get away with a more 1-D QB if you play teams that can't complete a forward pass themselves. lol

Barret had a field day on Okla's saran wrap defense. lol i watched that game.

if not for nepotism at Okla, y'all would probably still have Venables as DC. lol

alabama's QB is good. lol plus Alabama hasn't played any good passing teams unless you count Ole Miss and Ole miss did score on them. you can get away with a more 1-D QB if you play teams that can't complete a forward pass themselves. lol

Alabama's QB is not that great....yet. They've won in spite of their QB for years, they've had decent ones, certainly not great ones. Most everyone else needs pretty good QB play to win it all, I'm saying Alabama doesn't. And I said Ohio State might be another that doesn't....they've done pretty well with QB's who weren't that great either. It speaks to both team's talent level everywhere else.

I didn't say anything about Oklahoma. Barrett and Ohio State ran all over OU's defense because it sucked for most of the year. I think that is pretty common knowledge.

But carry on with your other arguments, I didn't even mean to get involved with this.
    The following users like this post: ousoonerman93

lol lol
    clemson is great because oklahoma national titles a long time ago lol

lol
    lol
    2 users like DirtyBob's post: notre dame joe, ousoonerman93

that QB who won the title with OSU a few years ago was a good QB.

CLemson is stacked at WR and has a NFL RB in Gallman. your point that the success is jsut about Watson isn't true.

should also remind you that Clemson scored 40 points on Okla two years ago with Cole Stoudt at QB.

i don' t think most people dying to move to a suburb of OKC. OKC is more isolated from other cities than Clemson is and it is a landlocked area. what is the draw to OKC? A nice mall? Lol

my point is that Norman itself has no natural recruiting advantage over Clemson, which is what some of you guys were saying.
    my comment wasn't perverted. Baylor may be done now since the Briles fiasco but they and TCU were the class of the Big 12 for awhile. regardless, they are getting better recruits now then in the past and that has to hurt Oklahoma some.
    Clemson has two 5 star QBs coming in, one out of UGA and one out of Indiana, Hunter Johnson i think.
    actually i think most fans think Okla is the most overrated program.

if not for nepotism at Okla, y'all would probably still have Venables as DC. lol

CLemson is stacked at WR and has a NFL RB in Gallman. your point that the success is jsut about Watson isn't true.

should also remind you that Clemson scored 40 points on Okla two years ago with Cole Stoudt at QB.
    Here's all of the Dabo-cuck's posts since last night.

Hey shitstain; lunchbreak is over. Time for you to go back to cleaning the shitter at Walmart.
    4 users like Tobias's post: DirtyBob, HellVol, OnlyOneBubbaMoses, ousoonerman93

what motivated you to quote several recent posts of mine? people could just go upthread and look at them.

dirtybob is a good screenname for you b/c you seem like a perv.

It is true up to this point. Clemson was average to good before Watson. We will see what happens after, but you wont understand that because you are either one of the dumbest people alive or you are a troll.

Have fun, and good luck. I do hope you beat Bama, despite new money fans like yourself.