How is it that Clemson is able to recruit like this?

Posted 293 day(s) ago by traxx37269 Views 489 Replies
Page 4 of 10 2 3 4 5 6
    Because Dabo invented the Dab.
    2 users like rbsilver's post: oorah_okie, ousoonerman93

This thread is something else. I'm actually shocked, after having lived in the general area for 36 years, and Norman specifically for 17, to learn that it's "not paradise".
    The following users like this post: ousoonerman93

Originally Posted by LeisureClub View Post
    This thread is something else. I'm actually shocked, after having lived in the general area for 36 years, and Norman specifically for 17, to learn that it's "not paradise".
    Well, Lake Thunderbird has its highlights..........
    2 users like ousoonerman93's post: DirtyBob, LeisureClub

I struggle to think of a campus that's not USC or Miami, that's in "paradise" and has actually had a relevant division 1 football team. Dude was talking about Clemson like it's ****ing Pepperdine.

Location literally ONLY matters in this because kids generally want to stay close to their support structure. Coach and facilities and winning are miles ahead in that respect.

Being "4 hours" from a beach or some shit might as well be 20 hours for most of these cats. Their schedules are full AF.
    2 users like LeisureClub's post: oorah_okie, ousoonerman93

Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    Clemson has two 5 star QBs coming in, one out of UGA and one out of Indiana, Hunter Johnson i think.
    Johnson will be a bust. IMO. The kid out of Georgia is the real deal.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Here's all of the Dabo-cuck's posts since last night.

Hey shitstain; lunchbreak is over. Time for you to go back to cleaning the shitter at Walmart.
    Clemson, SC has a Walmart? They are coming up in the world.

This guy has to be a troll who's playing us. No one can be that dumb.

He can't really believe that it's true for every team that they're only as good as their QB, can he? Bama has won multiple titles with game manager QBs. Troy Aikman who was a great college QB and became a 3 time super bowl champ and a hall of famer didn't win any games in his rookie season because he had no talent around him. I really like Dak Prescott and think he's the answer going forward instead of Romo. But you put him behind a line like Minnesota's line was at the end of the year and he has a much different season. If you build a team from the inside out, then that great line can make average skill players look great.

Also, if you've got a recruit worrying about how far away you are from a beach, that guy isn't gonna help you win any championships. Again, look at Bama. Tuscaloosa is no paradise, but they keep recruiting top talent and winning NCs. If location matters at all to a recruit, it's because they want to be close to home. Not because they can go play in the water.

I struggle to think of a campus that's not USC or Miami, that's in "paradise" and has actually had a relevant division 1 football team. Dude was talking about Clemson like it's ****ing Pepperdine.

Location literally ONLY matters in this because kids generally want to stay close to their support structure. Coach and facilities and winning are miles ahead in that respect.

Being "4 hours" from a beach or some shit might as well be 20 hours for most of these cats. Their schedules are full AF.
    USC is in the hood isn't it?

Originally Posted by DirtyBob View Post
    USC is in the hood isn't it?
    Miami sorta is too. I don't think the inner city is much of a deal breaker when you're recruiting cats from the inner city primarily though. Both are "closer to the beach" than either Alabama or Florida too.
    2 users like LeisureClub's post: DirtyBob, ousoonerman93

Miami sorta is too. I don't think the inner city is much of a deal breaker when you're recruiting cats from the inner city primarily though. Both are "closer to the beach" than either Alabama or Florida too.
    Miami's stadium is in the hood, but the school isn't. Coral Gables is a little different.

The following users like this post: DirtyBob

Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Hey shitstain; lunchbreak is over. Time for you to go back to cleaning the shitter at Walmart.
    And all this time I thought his mom had let him stay home from school today.

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Unquestionably a troll, but I don't think he's playing dumb. He's either a semi-literate t-shirt fan or a kid. Or both.

Whatever, he's entertaining.

Originally Posted by traxx View Post

He can't really believe that it's true for every team that they're only as good as their QB, can he? Bama has won multiple titles with game manager QBs. Troy Aikman who was a great college QB and became a 3 time super bowl champ and a hall of famer didn't win any games in his rookie season because he had no talent around him. I really like Dak Prescott and think he's the answer going forward instead of Romo. But you put him behind a line like Minnesota's line was at the end of the year and he has a much different season. If you build a team from the inside out, then that great line can make average skill players look great.

Also, if you've got a recruit worrying about how far away you are from a beach, that guy isn't gonna help you win any championships. Again, look at Bama. Tuscaloosa is no paradise, but they keep recruiting top talent and winning NCs. If location matters at all to a recruit, it's because they want to be close to home. Not because they can go play in the water.
    If Dak played for the Vikings, he'd be gay and a loser.

again, i was responding to arrogant Okla fans who were trying to make Clemson out as some kind of hellhole. my point, wut makes Norman so attractive in comparison. the whole premise of this thread is that it seems crazy Clemson is able to get good players.

i think being near the Blue Ridge with a lake right next to campus is a great selling point b/c obviously no other college can claim both of these things and most can't pitch even one of them. CLemson is close enough to both Florida and the northeast to land some good recruits from both. Clemson has a billboard in times square in manhattan right now.

Clemson is 2 hours to ATL, 2.5 to Charlotte, 50 minutes to Greenville, 2 hours to Columbia, etc. it is not the boondocks. lol

Can someone tell me when exactly Baylor and TCU ran the Big 12? Guess i missed that era.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Clemson has a billboard in times square in manhattan right now.
    Sweet! I didn't know this! Thanks for taking it easy on us the last couple of years and also on the recruiting trail!

Originally Posted by HellVol View Post
    Clemson, SC has a Walmart? They are coming up in the world.

Clemson blocked Walmart from opening in town. They did open one up 5 miles or so outside of town. unless u live in the area you would never know it is there.

to me, the charm of Clemson is it not a typical big box store place. It is all about the university with some restaurants/ bars/ Clemson sports apparel stores. that is why i say it feels like a mountain lake resort. this does appeal to a lot of recruits including a lot who grow up in urban areas.

Anderson is 10 miles away with Best Buy, Target, other big box stores and chain restaurants.

my comment wasn't perverted. Baylor may be done now since the Briles fiasco but they and TCU were the class of the Big 12 for awhile. regardless, they are getting better recruits now then in the past and that has to hurt Oklahoma some.
    So Baylor with their 1 outright title and the shared 1 with TCU made them the class of the Big 12 for a while? Allrighty then

Originally Posted by Soonerfan65 View Post
    So Baylor with their 1 outright title and the shared 1 with TCU made them the class of the Big 12 for a while? Allrighty then

i think Baylor has a more fun brand, although Mayfield has added a little pizazz to Okla the past two years. it probably will fall apart without Briles, have they even hired a new coach.

regardless, my overall point was that there is more parity in college fball today then back in the day and that is why the historic 'powers' have not been as good. look at what has happened to texas.

i think Baylor has a more fun brand, although Mayfield has added a little pizazz to Okla the past two years. it probably will fall apart without Briles, have they even hired a new coach.
    Raping women is always fun, so hell yes Baylor has a FUN brand.

2 users like HellVol's post: OU_On_My_Mind, Trip

Miami's stadium is in the hood, but the school isn't. Coral Gables is a little different.

Actual Coral Gables is pretty nice but IIRC, the campus is closer to the airport than the Coral Gables municipal center. They've got their own PD too and that helps, I'm sure. I'd be shocked if you can't buy crack or meth or heroine in an under 10 minute drive from the center of either aforementioned campuses though. Point stands, IMHO. Close to the hood, close to the beach, PARADISE. But sadly, nothing on Clemson, South Carolina.
    The following users like this post: HellVol

Raping women is always fun, so hell yes Baylor has a FUN brand.

social justice warrior stuff is not cool anymore. i don't think everybody at Baylor responsible for what a kid or some kids do. btw, given Mixon hit a woman in the face and yet still played in the bowl game , why would Okla fans want to shame baylor for that. obviously you are cherrypicking things to be outraged over. lol

Actual Coral Gables is pretty nice but IIRC, the campus is closer to the airport than the Coral Gables municipal center. They've got their own PD too and that helps, I'm sure. I'd be shocked if you can't buy crack or meth or heroine in an under 10 minute drive from the center of either aforementioned campuses though. Point stands, IMHO. Close to the hood, close to the beach, PARADISE. But sadly, nothing on Clemson, South Carolina.
    Lol. Yeah, it ain't too far up the road from a dope utopia.

The following users like this post: OU_On_My_Mind

Clemson got Sammy Watkins out of Miami area, some other players as well. but hey that doesn't matter, it only matters what Okla sooner fans think and they think Norman is the bees knees. flat boring everywhere usa, that's the place to spend the best 4 years of your life! lol b;c Okla won some poll titles in the 50s and 70s.

Mike Gundy can Dougie. More fun. Better coach than Bob Stoops.

social justice warrior stuff is not cool anymore. i don't think everybody at Baylor responsible for what a kid or some kids do. btw, given Mixon hit a woman in the face and yet still played in the bowl game , why would Okla fans want to shame baylor for that. obviously you are cherrypicking things to be outraged over. lol
    I'm not a social justice warrior at all, I was just pointing out how stupid all of your irrational blatherings are. Keep up the good work, diaper stain.

Oh and why would OU fans (because of Mixon) shame Baylor for multiple players raping women? Because they are totally the same level of offense.... Okie dokie.

The following users like this post: OU_On_My_Mind

I'm not a social justice warrior at all, I was just pointing out how stupid all of your irrational blatherings are. Keep up the good work, diaper stain.

i note you don't seem concerned about Mixon hitting a girl in the face which was on video. you are a hypocrite. i don't think Briles was personally responsbile for any ****s at Baylor. lol i don't think stoops is responsible for Mixon hitting a girl in the face. i do believe Dabo kicks Mixon off the team if he was at Clemson though. he kicked Chad Kelly off for less.

Clemson got Sammy Watkins out of Miami area, some other players as well. but hey that doesn't matter, it only matters what Okla sooner fans think and they think Norman is the bees knees. flat boring everywhere usa, that's the place to spend the best 4 years of your life! lol b;c Okla won some poll titles in the 50s and 70s.
    It's not just Oklahoma fans who are surprised by how well Clemson has recruited lately. People all over the country were asking the same question. And where you get that it is an insult to Clemson that people asked is beyond me. They asked because Clemson has never been this good in recruiting. Same way everybody questioned Ole Miss recruiting. Turns out they were dirty. Good grief, you're a tool.

3 users like HellVol's post: DirtyBob, OUHomebrew, Soonerfan65

i note you don't seem concerned about Mixon hitting a girl in the face which was on video. you are a hypocrite. i don't think Briles was personally responsbile for any ****s at Baylor. lol i don't think stoops is responsible for Mixon hitting a girl in the face. i do believe Dabo kicks Mixon off the team if he was at Clemson though. he kicked Chad Kelly off for less.
    First, I'm not an Oklahoma fan. 2nd I was absolutely outspoken about Mixon hitting that chick. You have no idea what you're talking about. This isn't a Mixon thread.

2 users like HellVol's post: OU_On_My_Mind, Soonerfan65

It's not just Oklahoma fans who are surprised by how well Clemson has recruited lately. People all over the country were asking the same question. And where you get that it is an insult to Clemson that people asked is beyond me. They asked because Clemson has never been this good in recruiting. Same way everybody questioned Ole Miss recruiting. Turns out they were dirty. Good grief, you're a tool.

um, people were specifically claiming Clemson is a hellhole.

i guess i don't understand the whole Clemsoning meme if people never thought CU recruited well. Clemsoning as I understood was referring to the notion that Clemson recruits well but doesn't live up to expectations on the field.

First, I'm not an Oklahoma fan. 2nd I was absolutely outspoken about Mixon hitting that chick. You have no idea what you're talking about. This isn't a Mixon thread.

it isn't a thread about the baylor **** thing either and that didn't stop you from bringign it up.

why are you white knighting for Okla if you are not even a fan? lol i guess Tenn football sucks that bad right now. lol

it isn't a thread about the baylor **** thing either and that didn't stop you from bringign it up.

why are you white knighting for Okla if you are not even a fan? lol i guess Tenn football sucks that bad right now. lol
    Oh buuuuuurn, Hellvol.

Clemson is America's university

Can someone tell me when exactly Baylor and TCU ran the Big 12? Guess i missed that era.

Especially since TCU has only been in the Big 12 for a couple years!

Clemson is America's university
    The South America's??
    2 users like CarolinaSooner's post: DirtyBob, HellVol

um, people were specifically claiming Clemson is a hellhole.

i guess i don't understand the whole Clemsoning meme if people never thought CU recruited well. Clemsoning as I understood was referring to the notion that Clemson recruits well but doesn't live up to expectations on the field.
    Clemsoning wasn't about recruiting. It was about having big leads and blowing them or being overrated like UGAy is every year.. If you think Clemson, SC is a beautiful place then you're drunk as hell. Been through several times, and it ain't shit just like most college towns. Get over it.

Clemsoning wasn't about recruiting. It was about having big leads and blowing them. If you think Clemson, SC is a beautiful place then you're drunk as hell. Been through several times, and it ain't shit just like most college towns. Get over it.

ok cite one game in which Clemson had a big lead and blew it. only one i can think of is Georgia Tech at Clemson 10, 11 years ago.

rich kids from the northeast love Clemson. Clemson has the 10th most expensive out of state tuition for apublic university now b/c of the high demand by rich kids to go to Clemson. Why? nice campus, near Blue Ridge mountains, and lake next to campus with numerous beaches, and great weather. wow. it is like going to college at a resort. the good life.

You can't be older than about 19. Grow up, kid. You jumped in a thread and just tried to start a fight with everybody in it.

Originally Posted by OKIRISHFAN View Post
    Oh buuuuuurn, Hellvol.

Not really. That young kid is in a lot of remedial classes and is on pace to graduate from High School (special needs branch) in 2019. He will be 22 years old.

2 users like HellVol's post: DirtyBob, OU_On_My_Mind

You can't be older than about 19. Grow up, kid. You jumped in a thread and just tried to start a fight with everybody in it.

nah u jealous b/c Tenn is always no. 1 on ugliest campus lists. lol that campus costs Tenn about 10 good recruits a year.

y'all need to raze that campus and construct some prestigious buildings with greek columns like Alabama. watch the recruiting skyrocket. you can't win a natty with an ugly campus these days.

plus Dabo is taking top recruits out of tennessee now. inuding the son of your natty winning QB from 98. lol

Uni of Tenn would be so much cooler if it was located at East Tenn State University campus. so quaint and in the blue ridge.

nah u jealous b/c Tenn is always no. 1 on ugliest campus lists. lol that campus costs Tenn about 10 good recruits a year.

y'all need to raze that campus and construct some prestigious buildings with greek columns like Alabama. watch the recruiting skyrocket. you can't win a natty with an ugly campus these days.

plus Dabo is taking top recruits out of tennessee now. inuding the son of your natty winning QB from 98. lol

Uni of Tenn would be so much cooler if it was located at East Tenn State University campus. so quaint and in the blue ridge.
    Lol. Yeah, show me those publications, Junior.

Gotta love it when fans of other teams get into it on an OU msg board. Lol

Lol. Yeah, show me those publications, Junior.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/03/th...es-in-america/

refers to Tenn library as a 'Lego prison'. lol that thing is an abomination.

Stop editing your posts, tool box. As far as you guys recruiting well in Tennessee this year, that's very true. The kid in question was never going to Tennessee because he said he didn't want to play in his father's shadow. That's not a big loss, but I hope he has a good career. The RB Richardson just decommited from Clemson because he won't qualify and there is a lot of talk right now that your best recruit(also from right outside of Knoxville) Tee Higgins isn't going to qualify. My nephew goes to that high school. So 2 of your big 3 from Tennessee are looking shaky. But you absolutely have the right to gloat about plucking Higgins and the others from our state.

that's cool, Clem will be fine at RB and WR. if they were o-line, i be more concerned. probably could have won a natty during the Boyd years if had a better o-line

that's cool, Clem will be fine at RB and WR.
    Higgins is a rare talent. 5 star kid that is pretty much a clone of AJ Green when he was younger. It was a huge disappointment that Butch lost him, but I get it for Higgins. The way we use WRs at Tennessee sucks if you're a WR. Most of the time you're a blocker and elite WR want to go to a team that will get him the ball.Tee and his family have all pointed to that as the reason for him going out of state. I hope he kills it wherever he ends up. He's a good kid as well as a player.Hope he gets his school work together.

Gotta love it when fans of other teams get into it on an OU msg board. Lol

But HellVol is one of our own.