How is it that Clemson is able to recruit like this?

Posted 52 day(s) ago by traxx18024 Views 489 Replies
Page 5 of 10 3 4 5 6 7

Originally Posted by DirtyBob View Post
    But HellVol is one of our own.
    **** yes I am. Deep down we're all a bunch of retarded Okies.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: DirtyBob

Originally Posted by HellVol View Post
    **** yes I am. Deep down we're all a bunch of retarded Okies.

Gotdamn right, now hold my beer. Watch this...
    The following users like this post: HellVol

Sterling Shepard.
    Jermaine Gresham.
    Trent Williams.
    Demarco Murray.
    Gerald McCoy.
    Brian Orakpo.
    Jeremy Maclin.
    Earl Thomas.
    Kenny Stills.
    Dez Bryant.
    Ndamukong Suh.

Do I need to continue?
    Big 12 is great.

Originally Posted by meoveryouxinfinity View Post
    Mike Gundy can Dougie. More fun. Better coach than Bob Stoops.
    Bob Stoops is the 5th best coach in the Big 12.

I can cherry pick photos too.

Clemson

Awesome

OU

Clemson is so beautiful. Why does anyone bother going to schools like Harvard?

You also seem to not recognize any poll NCs. So I guess to you Bear Bryant was a hack. The only NCs that you recognize are the ones awarded since 1998.
    3 users like traxx's post: Barry Amenema, HellVol, OUHomebrew

We have been over this so many times it has become tiring. They recruit well because of demographics!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are very close to Atlanta, NC, Tennessee, Alabama and Virginia. Black kids from the south are a little different from the kids from Cali and Texas. Plus, conference pride is taught at a very young age in the south.

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    You also seem to not recognize any poll NCs. So I guess to you Bear Bryant was a hack. The only NCs that you recognize are the ones awarded since 1998.
    Even by that yard stick, Clemson sucks. They have been to the finals only once in that time span and lost it. We won 1 and lost 3 in that time span. Even in the number of losses, we have them beat. Wait...that did not come out right.
    2 users like CarolinaSooner's post: DirtyBob, HellVol

So Monty with that being said I guess Ole Miss signed this class with just gumption, a good recruiting bed and SEC or Southern pride?

http://www.si.com/college-football/2...ss-signing-day

I call bullshit.

Oh wait.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2...-punish-rebels

Please note that I'm not saying Clemson is cheating. Just that the whole conference pride thing is bullshit. Dabo is a hell of a recruiter. Brent is a hell of a recruiter. Dabo in the way he deals with press reminds me of Barry in a lot of ways.

As for our out of date poll awarded titles.. well we have one that we played for in your system Swampy.. and we played for 3 more.. how many have you played for? Since 2000 how many times has your team won their conference? How many seasons did your team with a losing record in that time span?

I'll go ahead and answer those for you. Clemson has played for 2 titles including this year. At the time of this point you haven't won shit. At least we have a trophy. Clemson has won the ACC 3 times since 2000. OU has won the Big 12 a total of 10 times in the same time period. How many losing seasons for Clemson under Dabo: 1. How many losing seasons for OU under Bob Stoops: none. Hell.. since his 7-5 season his first year here Bob has not won less than 8 games and he has only won that few 3 times. Most of the time he wins 10 a year or more. Norman is a pretty little college town. Our football stadium is second to none at this time and our facilities are finally getting an upgrade. As for fans calling for Bob's head, well I remember they did the same for Switzer and then he won another NC.

And bright pumpkin orange is a shitty color for a football uniform. Makes your team look like they are all wearing prison jumpsuits or road worker uniforms. At least Tennessee's orange is a bit easier on the eyes. Hell.. I kinda like the sherbet orange. Makes me think of ice cream.
    2 users like TVKaleen's post: HellVol, Trip

Last edited by TVKaleen; January 4th, 2017 at 09:13 PM. Reason: corrected an error

i think going 14-1 is winning 'shit'. Clemson's final resume last year wsa more impressive than Alabama, who played no-offense teams Florida and MSU prior to Clemson, while Clemson played good offenses in UNC and Okla.

Clemson has 3 recent ACC titles. Also played in same division with FSU so it isn't like Clemson going to win the division every year.

tenn's uniforms are so ugly, lol. Clemson orange is supposed to be different, and they have been ranked as some of the best uniforms. but who cares lol

the big 12 is a much weaker conference than ACC, and Clemson plays SEC teams more often as well. more NFL talent comes out of ACC than big 12. it was better when it had texas am, colorado and nebraska.

how does an okla fan say clemson sucks after what clemson did to okla last two seasons. lol i don't get it. sports is about right now, not what okla did in seasons past or some prediction that okla will be better in the future. you losing ur top RB of all time this year. if winning national titles is about how many pst titles your program won, then why is Clemson in title game past two years and Okla sitting at home.

Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    i think going 14-1 is winning 'shit'. Clemson's final resume last year wsa more impressive than Alabama, who played no-offense teams Florida and MSU prior to Clemson, while Clemson played good offenses in UNC and Okla.

Clemson has 3 recent ACC titles. Also played in same division with FSU so it isn't like Clemson going to win the division every year. They had two NFL QBs in a row, and Winston was probably their best all time QB.
    No going 14-1 and means you lost the NC game and that is what you are basing success on. You ain't won shit yet. Maybe you will finally win a national title in the current non-poll driven era (although it is still poll driven in many ways) and if you do, you wil have finally won shit. During the meat of our run of BCS titles games we had to deal with a great Texas program, a surging Missouri team and Nebraska team that fielded nasty D's. In fact at the time the Big 12 South was considered by most to be the toughest Division in college football. So don't whine to me about FSU. Hell, we played them twice in a home and home. Wins against one of those NFL QBs.

Clemson

Awesome

OU

i don't think that is even a building. looks like condensers for hvac systems. lol

Originally Posted by TVKaleen View Post
    No going 14-1 and means you lost the NC game and that is what you are basing success on. You ain't won shit yet. Maybe you will finally win a national title in the current non-poll driven era (although it is still poll driven in many ways) and if you do, you wil have finally won shit. During the meat of our run of BCS titles games we had to deal with a great Texas program, a surging Missouri team and Nebraska team that fielded nasty D's. In fact at the time the Big 12 South was considered by most to be the toughest Division in college football. So don't whine to me about FSU. Hell, we played them twice in a home and home. Wins against one of those NFL QBs.
    i think overall resume matters more than winning the last game. bama lost last year too, and at home, to a team less talented than the bama team Clemson lost to. Clemson prob wins if not for the special teams miscues.

wut you are basically saying is New England patriots sucked that year they went undefeated and then lost to Giants in superbowl. lol

i'm not whining about FSU, i'm stating a fact that playing in a division with FSU makes arguably the toughest division in football to win. that's a fact. and Clemson can't get a rematch with them in the title game even if they have 2nd best record in the conference due to the dumb division setup. granted, that is a good thing in the years CU wins the division. lol

right now Okla only has to beat out two private schools, a struggling texas program, occasionally decent KSU and Okla State, to win their conference. and there is no conference title game.

Originally Posted by ShreyK21 View Post
    3 users like party1234's post: HellVol, oorah_okie, OU_On_My_Mind

i think overall resume matters more than winning the last game. bama lost last year too, and at home, to a team less talented than the bama team Clemson lost to. Clemson prob wins if not for the special teams miscues.

i'm not whining about FSU, i'm stating a fact that playing in a division with FSU makes arguably the toughest division in football to win. that's a fact. and Clemson can't get a rematch with them in the title game even if they have 2nd best record in the conference due to the dumb division setup. granted, that is a good thing in the years CU wins the division. lol

right now Okla only has to beat out two private schools, a struggling texas program, occasionally decent KSU and Okla State, to win their conference. and there is no conference title game.
    Quit moving the goal posts there mister. You lambasted us as irrelevant because we have only won one NC title in the BCS/CFP era. How many has your team won? None.

And do you think Texas is going to stay bad forever? If you do, I have a couple of bridges to sell you. And we will have a title game against next year.

Clemson was a top 10 program in the 80s and won a national title. It feel off in the 90s but it was competitive much of TommY Bowden's time in 00's and this was when the ACC was better. i don't get why Okla fans would think Clemson was never competitive in football.

Clemson is near the Blue Ridge mountains, you can seem them from campus, and right on a big lake. The campus has its own lake beach. It is like going to college at a lake mountain resort. Death Valley is a huge stadium, and the campus is as nice as UVA's and UNC's. Clemson is more unique than other colleges and that helps in recruiting. Okla doesn't look different than numerous other schools.

i don't understand the comment there is nothing to do in Clemson, there are 22,000 students in town, and a college strip area right next to campus with bars and restaurants. the college has its own golf course. why would a student need drive over 50 minutes to Greenville . to hang out with parents and their kids ?

i'm baffled as to why a program in Okla would think that it should be able to recruit better than Clemson though. lol i don't think recruits see Okla as paradise.
    You are overstating Clemson's desirability. It's a nice campus but nothing special. It does have a nice bucolic feel to it. The lake is cool. But seriously, there isn't much to do there. Town of 15K. You can go up and down the strip and what else? So you are there with 22,000 students with limited entertainment options. Just face it. It's fact. Some guys that is a deal breaker. They want brighter lights. OU is in a much bigger town and is part of a 1.3 million metro area that helps them to some degree in terms of recruits who might want a little more going on but still want the "college town" feel that Norman still possesses.

But by all means, if a guy wants to be in a small town, Clemson is fine. Sort of like going to Ole MIss.

Originally Posted by ShreyK21 View Post
    Just curious. Who are the 4 with a national title and more big 12 titles? I'll wait...

Originally Posted by TVKaleen View Post
    Quit moving the goal posts there mister. You lambasted us as irrelevant because we have only won one NC title in the BCS/CFP era. How many has your team won? None.

And do you think Texas is going to stay bad forever? If you do, I have a couple of bridges to sell you. And we will have a title game against next year.
    i never said Okla is irrelevant. winnin your conference is always a good thing. y'all been trashing Clemson tho.

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    You are overstating Clemson's desirability. It's a nice campus but nothing special. It does have a nice bucolic feel to it. The lake is cool. But seriously, there isn't much to do there. Town of 15K. You can go up and down the strip and what else? So you are there with 22,000 students with limited entertainment options. Just face it. It's fact. Some guys that is a deal breaker. They want brighter lights. OU is in a much bigger town and is part of a 1.3 million metro area that helps them to some degree in terms of recruits who might want a little more going on but still want the "college town" feel that Norman still possesses.

But by all means, if a guy wants to be in a small town, Clemson is fine. Sort of like going to Ole MIss.
    um, wut can't you do in Clemson that you can do other places? plus you got the lake and mountains. you can't find something to do there with 20,000 other young people, that is on you. that all kind of clubs to join.

lol at OKC 'bright lights'. u making it out like it is Manhattan homey. u on crack. you drive into OKC wut are you going to do other than go to a bar or a mall. no big deal.

downtown Greenville is cooler than OKC's downtown. gville only 45 minute away.

it is understood not every kid is going to want to go to a college town like Clemson. no college is going to appeal to every kid. but clemson has things that make it unique, whilst Okla is similar to other places like LSU, , etc.

um, wut can't you do in Clemson that you can do other places? plus you got the lake and mountains. you can't find something to do there with 20,000 other young people, that is on you. that all kind of clubs to join.

lol at OKC 'bright lights'. u making it out like it is Manhattan homey. u on crack. you drive into OKC wut are you going to do other than go to a bar or a mall. no big deal.

downtown Greenville is cooler than OKC's downtown. gville only 45 minute away.
    Dude, OKC has way more going on than Greenville. We'll start with NBA basketball.

lol at nba basketball. that team was painful to watch too even when they had durant.

basically the only nba team that is not painful to watch is golden state and sometimes the spurs and cleveland.

Dude, OKC has way more going on than Greenville. We'll start with NBA basketball.
    and minor league baseball.

i never said Okla is irrelevant. winnin your conference is always a good thing. y'all been trashing Clemson tho.
    Before you piped in there were two mildly negative posts about Clemson, doubting why anyone would go there.. out of 50 posts. Me thinks you doth protest too much. My family is originally from SC. I preferred it when we visited Bristol, VA over the old family homestead in the coastal area of SC.

You are correct. You did state that you didn't know how we could think we should be out recruiting you over stats from 30 years ago. Well how about stats from the new millennia on. Dabo has a losing season. Bob does not. Bob has a national championship. Dabo does not. Bob has 10 Conference titles. The teams you said are dominating the Big 12 now have 2 between the 2 of them. They were a blip on the radar my friend. OU has staying power. Hell, we have recruited like shit for 5+ years and yet at half time we were leading you all last year. Losing Perine, Mixon, and Baker hurt a bit in that second half and you all were the better team. But you still lost to Bama. We've played them 3 times since Bob has been here.. no losses. And one of those was even against the mighty Saban himself.

As for what can you do in OKC that you can't do in Greenville? Watch an NBA game. Gonna have to travel a little bit further to do that from Clemson than from Norman.

Yeah, but Greenville has a class A ball team so that's advantage Greenville. LOL.

Yeah, but Greenville has a class A ball team so that's advantage Greenville. LOL.
    Oh yeah. You're right. Duh.
    I guess Lake Eufala has nothing on Clemson's lake too huh?

Clemson

Awesome

OU

1998? Bro, it was 18 years ago today that Tennessee won the first BCS title. Now we got Booch Joons and we are mediocre AF.

Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    We have been over this so many times it has become tiring. They recruit well because of demographics!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are very close to Atlanta, NC, Tennessee, Alabama and Virginia. Black kids from the south are a little different from the kids from Cali and Texas. Plus, conference pride is taught at a very young age in the south.
    The point is that they never recruited all that well. That's why them having the success in recruiting that they're having now surprises people. Dabo has a great recruiting staff.

The following users like this post: Soonerfan65

greenville's baseball stadium has a replica of the green monster in boston. boom

lol at nba basketball. that team was painful to watch too even when they had durant.

basically the only nba team that is not painful to watch is golden state and sometimes the spurs and cleveland.
    Do they have good fried chicken in that town? That's the real question.

The point is that they never recruited all that well. That's why them having the success in recruiting that they're having now surprises people. Dabo has a great recruiting staff.

i think clemson has recruited as well as okla since early 00'ss. okla just plays in a weaker conference. okla got smoked in some of those title games it made.

And McBoobs is near by. That's always a positive.

wut is the last time okla beat a really good team. i assume it was that Alabama team in the bowl a few years ago but that team wasn't that good.

recent years u lost to Clemson twice, Houston, Ohio State, plus a horrible texas team on a neutral field.

stoops can't win the big game.

i remember that year Okla made the title game , i think the QB was Jason white, it was very controversial they were given a spot over another team. and white was a statue, had bad knees or something. that was brutal to watch. how could a team with that qb be in the natty. lol

that was probably the worst team to make the natty until ND a few years ago.

wut is the last time okla beat a really good team.
    Alabama 4 years ago in the Sugar Bowl. Beat their ears in. I think Bama was a double digit point favorite. I remember Betting on OU that night.

wut is the last time okla beat a really good team. i assume it was that Alabama team in the bowl a few years ago but that team wasn't that good.

recent years u lost to Clemson twice, Houston, Ohio State, plus a horrible texas team on a neutral field.

stoops can't win the big game.
    That Bama team wasn't good? Okay. Now I know you are not to be taken seriously. That Bama team was a kick-6 from playing for it all.

As for being as good as Oklahoma since early 2000. Not even close. If you had said since 2009.. maybe. Hell if you had said, you'd out recruited us since 2011 I might even give you that. But from 2000 to 2005 the BIg 12 was the toughest conference in college football. At this point you are just being a Clemson fan. Totally irrational. And that's okay except you are doing it on an OU board.

i guarantee u the ACC had more players in NFL draft in 00's than big 12. lol not even close. nc state had phiilip rivers, uva had matt schuab, maryland had it going, va tech, etc.

that alabama team thought they should have ben in the natty and they ddin't come to play. guys about to get drafted didn't want to get hurt in the game given it was meaningless. that was okla's game of the century given they typicall playing no defense kansas teams. lol

i think clemson has recruited as well as okla since early 00'ss. okla just plays in a weaker conference. okla got smoked in some of those title games it made.
    Other than the title game which we lost and no one else won retroactively, what title game were we "smoked" in. There is a difference between losing and getting smoked.

LSU 21 OU 14. Sucks but it wasn't a blow out.
    TGWWDNM
    Florida 24 OU 14 once again.. sucks but not a blow out.

They haven't been recruiting that great to be honest. Their last 5 recruiting classes were:

15, 15, 17, 9, 11

They have been able to get some decent players in there, but they don't have a great deal of depth. This lets me know that they have been doing a great job of developing players.

Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    They haven't been recruiting that great to be honest. Their last 5 recruiting classes were:

15, 15, 17, 9, 11

They have been able to get some decent players in there, but they don't have a great deal of depth. This lets me know that they have been doing a great job of developing players.
    Yeah, they managed to get some really good players and right now they have commitments from the #1 QB from the 2017 and 2018 class. That staff can flat out croot. Those classes were severely underrated.

Jesus Christ this is some of the dumbest stuff I've ever read. It's hilariously sad and delusional.

I think it's time to stop feeding the troll.

i think clemson has recruited as well as okla since early 00'ss.
    What you think and what is reality are two different things. Since 2000 OU has had 80 players drafted into the NFL. Clemson has had 62. OU has had 12 1st round picks versus Clemsons 9. Of those draftees, 9 from OU have been Pro-Bowlers. Only 2 from Clemson. Now I fully expect that will change because the last two classes you all put into the NFL have been superb. And as I said, I think Dabo is an excellent coach and recruiter. But Clemson was not anywhere close to OU during the early 2000s. I think as many others do that Bob got a bit complacent since 2009 but the last two years he's kind of re-lit the fire.

ok, nobody disagrees with u Dabo is a better recruiter than Bowden. but Bowden followed TOmmy West who was probably the worst coach in Clemson history. and Clemson facitlies were not where they are today.

oklahoma recruiting doesn't equal the full picture for big 12 recruiting. my point is okla has good players playing against really bad players in rural states. in my opinion, many of the Bowden teams of the 00s could have beat the better Okla eams of that era. The Woody Dantzler and Charlie Whitehurt teams. and i don't think Stoops record against top teams outside of big 12 is that great.

Clemson beat OSU 31-0 but OSU looked dominant against Okla at Okla, lol.

Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    I think it's time to stop feeding the troll.
    You're not enjoying him? Lol

Gawd...this guy still at it? Are we sure this is really a Clemson fan? For all you know, could be a Poke living vicariously through a couple of Clemson victories over us.

This gem from him is certified aggie logic.

y'all take recruiting class ranks to be something set in stone. perhaps Clemson coaches are better at seeing potential in less hyped up recruits.

our WR Renfrow wasn't hyped up and may have been a walkon but he is probably our most clutch WR.

i guarantee u the ACC had more players in NFL draft in 00's than big 12. lol not even close. nc state had phiilip rivers, uva had matt schuab, maryland had it going, va tech, etc.

that alabama team thought they should have ben in the natty and they ddin't come to play. guys about to get drafted didn't want to get hurt in the game given it was meaningless. that was okla's game of the century given they typicall playing no defense kansas teams. lol
    2000-2010 ACC has 319 players drafted. Over the same timespan, the Big12 had 316. So it is close, and 3 players out of 319 is a negligible difference.
    2 users like party1234's post: HellVol, Soonerfan65

Clemson has been strong as of late, no doubt, but has never had the continued, program long success Oklahoma has had. To act like Oklahoma is some shit, mid-teir program is so wrong, I can't believe I'm actually engaging this ****ing idiot.

i never said okla is a 'shit mid tier program'. i don't think it has on average been much better than Clemson in the modern era. it was some seasons. it isn't an every season thing.

y'll the ones trying to make CU out as only being good the last two years, even though it has won 10 plus games 6 years in a row. CU is 2 hours from UGA, 2 hours from SC, 2 hours from G Tech, etc, NC has 6 decent football programs , so it is a war recruiting in the southeast and obviously SC is a smaller state.

i never said okla is a 'shit mid tier program'. i don't think it has on average been much better than Clemson in the modern era. it was some seasons. it isn't an every season thing.
    Can you specify what you consider the modern era. From 1998 onward or 2012 onward?

Originally Posted by party1234 View Post
    Clemson has been strong as of late, no doubt, but has never had the continued, program long success Oklahoma has had. To act like Oklahoma is some shit, mid-teir program is so wrong, I can't believe I'm actually engaging this ****ing idiot.
    His parents are gonna be pissed that he's up this late on a school night. Even the high schools for mongoloids start before 8:00 am.

4 users like HellVol's post: MontyFranklyn, party1234, Trip, TVKaleen

His parents are gonna be pissed that he's up this late on a school night. Even the high schools for mongoloids start before 8:00 am.

That was mean bro but I laughed. Now I feel bad about it. Damn you!