How is it that Clemson is able to recruit like this?

Posted 322 day(s) ago by traxx40405 Views 489 Replies
Results 251 to 300 of 490
Page 6 of 10 4 5 6 7 8
  1. #251
    i say modern era is 80s on to be diplomatic, but more reasonably it is 90s on. start of the bcs era. i don't think poll decided natties mean much.

    clemson is never favored in any big game the past three years but has won most of them. i believe Clemson back in the day had several undefeated seasons but the natty went to another team.

  2. #252
    Trip's Avatar
    Posts
    3,358
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ACC Ground Zero

    Originally Posted by HellVol View Post
    You're not enjoying him? Lol
    I did immensely at first, but his act is too lame and artless to have much staying power.

  3. #253
    Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    i never said okla is a 'shit mid tier program'. i don't think it has on average been much better than Clemson in the modern era. it was some seasons. it isn't an every season thing.

    y'll the ones trying to make CU out as only being good the last two years, even though it has won 10 plus games 6 years in a row. CU is 2 hours from UGA, 2 hours from SC, 2 hours from G Tech, etc, it is a war recruiting in the southeast and obviously SC is a smaller state.
    What do you consider as recent? From 1991 through 2009 Clemson never won more than ten games. They won 9 games six times, had a few losing seasons and the rest are middling results.

    If thats too far back, we can start from 2000, and the results are still pretty similar. Finished ranked at the end of the season 5 times (once in the ap and not coaches), all in the 20's except a 16 ranking in 2000.

    Pretty middle of the road program recently, prior to the 2000 teens flash in the pan of having a good qb.
    The following users like this post: ousoonerman93


  4. #254
    Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    i say modern era is 80s on to be diplomatic, but more reasonably it is 90s on. start of the bcs era. i don't think poll decided natties mean much.
    Tennessee and Oklahoma have Natty's in that 90's til now "modern era" you're talking about. Does Clemerson?

    Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    4 users like HellVol's post: allanace16, DirtyBob, ousoonerman93, Soonerfan65


  5. #255
    i'm thinking a lot of programs out there wish they were as good as Clemson in the 00s or early 90s. obviously the late 90s were rough, as were the 90s rough for Okla in the 90s. which okla people act like never happened. lol u had 6 titles at that point yet still had a rough decade.

  6. #256
    Originally Posted by HellVol View Post
    Tennessee and Oklahoma have Natty's in that 90's til now "modern era" you're talking about. Does Clemerson?

    Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    tenn got lucky against Cuse that year. lol plus didn't have to win 2 games in a playoff and bama wasn't a factor back then. .lol

    i'd rather not have a natty in a 90s and have had the success Clemson has had in the '10s vs tenn's terrible decade. plus Clemson stomped Tenn in peach bowl in 04. that was with a team that had 4 losses.

    y'all may remember West Virginia blowing out Clemson 5 years ago, scored 70 points, bowl record. what has WV done since then. lol

  7. #257
    And hey Swampy. I'm totally pulling for you guys in the Championship. I hope you win and quite frankly, I do believe y'all will get it done. I hate UGump, so whoop dat ass, then go in dry.

    Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: Soonerfan65


  8. #258
    Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    i'm thinking a lot of programs out there wish they were as good as Clemson in the 00s or early 90s. obviously the late 90s were rough, as were the 90s rough for Okla in the 90s. which okla people act like never happened. lol u had 6 titles at that point yet still had a rough decade.
    We have more wins since 2000 than anyone, so not "a lot" of programs wish they had our continued success, all of them do.
    3 users like party1234's post: DirtyBob, ousoonerman93, ResidentEvil


  9. #259
    Trip's Avatar
    Posts
    3,358
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ACC Ground Zero

    Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    i don't think poll decided natties mean much.
    Something we can agree on: I don't think Clemson's lone poll decided NC in 1981 means much, especially considering that Danny Ford was among the biggest cheaters in the history of the NCAA.
    4 users like Trip's post: DirtyBob, ousoonerman93, party1234, Soonerfan65


  10. #260
    Clemson pushed Danny out b/c of his issues. i don't ever talk about the natty or that decade in general. the title team had nothing to do with cheating though. they were put on probation for recruiting violations regarding players in TN who never came to Clemson.

    i don't think clemson has ever cheated the way auburn, alabama and many other programs have. nobody ever brings it up with bama and auburn. i'm pretty sure Okla has cheated some too.

  11. #261
    Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    tenn got lucky against Cuse that year. lol plus didn't have to win 2 games in a playoff and bama wasn't a factor back then. .lol

    i'd rather not have a natty in a 90s and have had the success Clemson has had in the '10s vs tenn's terrible decade. plus Clemson stomped Tenn in peach bowl in 04. that was with a team that had 4 losses.
    You're right, Bama wasn't a factor. Florida was and they were top 5-10 every year from mid nineties til early 2000's. Got lucky against Cuse? Yeah okay. Arkansas was our lucky moment that year, but all teams that win a championship have crazy lucky shit happen at some point, but I wouldn't expect you to know about that.

    Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: Soonerfan65


  12. #262
    Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    tenn got lucky against Cuse that year. lol plus didn't have to win 2 games in a playoff and bama wasn't a factor back then. .lol

    i'd rather not have a natty in a 90s and have had the success Clemson has had in the '10s vs tenn's terrible decade. plus Clemson stomped Tenn in peach bowl in 04. that was with a team that had 4 losses.

    y'all may remember West Virginia blowing out Clemson 5 years ago, scored 70 points, bowl record. what has WV done since then. lol
    Fulmer had a few bowl games like that, where the coaches didn't seem to give a **** and that quickly trickled down to the players. Some of those games were hard to watch, like the one against Clampson.

    Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: DirtyBob


  13. #263
    Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    i'm thinking a lot of programs out there wish they were as good as Clemson in the 00s or early 90s. obviously the late 90s were rough, as were the 90s rough for Okla in the 90s. which okla people act like never happened. lol u had 6 titles at that point yet still had a rough decade.
    Hahahahaha. Passable attempt at trolling. Needs some improvement. Go look at your record in the 00s. Till 2011 you never had a double digit win season. Your first major bowl win was the Orange Bowl in 2013. Funny thing is Kansas, yes that Kansas won an Orange Bowl before you in the 00s.
    3 users like CarolinaSooner's post: HellVol, SitOnMyBoomer, Soonerfan65


  14. #264
    Here is a comment about 98 tenn team at http://www.rockytoptalk.com/2016/5/5...s-heath-shuler

    In ’98, the Vols beat SU by 1 (after a late PI), UF by 3 (with a bazillion turnovers), a bad Auburn team by 8 (surviving a pass to the end zone as time expired), Arkansas by 4 (no need to rehash this one), a mediocre MSU by 10 (trailing in the 4th), and FSU by 7 (on their 3rd string QB). Do they even get a shot to play FSU if UCLA and/or Kansas State win their last games?

    Does the natty still count? Absolutely! The Vols get credit for going 13-0. But as I said yesterday, a lot went right to help them get there. We always confuse results as being 100% indicative of process/talent/whatever because it’s the easiest way to "measure" football, but that doesn’t automatically place this team as one of the top statistical outfits of the 90’s. Granted 50 is a lot of teams, but I’m not too hung up on it.

  15. #265
    Originally Posted by CarolinaSooner View Post
    Hahahahaha. Passable attempt at trolling. Needs some improvement. Go look at your record in the 00s. Till 2011 you never had a double digit win season. Your first major bowl win was the Orange Bowl in 2013. Funny thing is Kansas, yes that Kansas won an Orange Bowl before you in the 00s.
    ACC was tough in 00's. people forget how good BC was with Matt Ryan, for example.

    i think Dabo has benefited some with fact the QB play dropped off in ACC after 08 along with fact we flipped Boyd from Tenn. lol if Kiffen had not left Tenn, Boyd goes there and tenn may be Clemson right now. lol I think Spiller and Boyd were the two players who helped improve our recruiting b/c lot of kids liked them. you have to get those special players like that to maintain recruiting. it is like UNC can still recruit off of fact jordan played there.

  16. #266
    Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    Here is a comment about 98 tenn team at http://www.rockytoptalk.com/2016/5/5...s-heath-shuler

    In ’98, the Vols beat SU by 1 (after a late PI), UF by 3 (with a bazillion turnovers), a bad Auburn team by 8 (surviving a pass to the end zone as time expired), Arkansas by 4 (no need to rehash this one), a mediocre MSU by 10 (trailing in the 4th), and FSU by 7 (on their 3rd string QB). Do they even get a shot to play FSU if UCLA and/or Kansas State win their last games?

    Does the natty still count? Absolutely! The Vols get credit for going 13-0. But as I said yesterday, a lot went right to help them get there. We always confuse results as being 100% indicative of process/talent/whatever because it’s the easiest way to "measure" football, but that doesn’t automatically place this team as one of the top statistical outfits of the 90’s. Granted 50 is a lot of teams, but I’m not too hung up on it.
    There is no asterisk next to that W. That was an awesome team that played a tough ass schedule and won a national championship. Hate all you want.

    Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

  17. #267
    not hating, i'm just pointing out to win a natty it usually takes some breaks. Dabo talks about how alabama was losing to la tech in the 92 title season but got a punt block or something to win the game late.

    bama probably loses last year if not for catching their own kick in the 4th quarter. lol that was a very risky and in terms of probabiliy dumb call by Saban. if they didn't get it, Clem got the ball at the 50, up 3. u can do that kind of stuff when u have already won 3 titles at bama. lol

  18. #268
    Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    not hating, i'm just pointing out to win a natty it usually takes some breaks. Dabo talks about how alabama was losing to la tech in the 92 title season but got a punt block or something to win the game late.
    I hope Dabo beats Saban. That will put those entitled, spoiled shit head Bama fans in a frenzy.(Monty excluded)

    Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

  19. #269
    TVKaleen's Avatar
    Posts
    40
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Just north of Paradise in Moore

    Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    i'm thinking a lot of programs out there wish they were as good as Clemson in the 00s or early 90s. obviously the late 90s were rough, as were the 90s rough for Okla in the 90s. which okla people act like never happened. lol u had 6 titles at that point yet still had a rough decade.
    Everyone has a rough decade. Most have more than a rough decade. OU was selected by ESPN as the greatest football program of all time in 2009. Would they select us now? Maybe but probably not. We'd still be higher than Clemson though. Why is that? One reason is that since 1945 OU has had 5 seasons with a losing record. 3 of those came in the 90's with John Blake. Clemson has by comparison 16 losing seasons since 1945. You all have 12 10 win seasons since 1945. OU has 14 10 win seasons since Bob Stoops was named HC for us and a total of 34 10 win seasons since 1945. We also hold the longest winning streak in Div 1 college football: 42 straight. We have 7 undefeated seasons versus Clemson's 2 since 1945. We did not receive national titles for all of those undefeated seasons either.

    As for luck. There is always luck involved to going undefeated. You need a good team for sure. But you also need to avoid injuries and sometimes you have to gut out tough wins against teams you should be blowing out.
    2 users like TVKaleen's post: ATLantaSooner79, HellVol


  20. #270
    i never said Clemson was some kind of powerhouse though. i pointed out it was a small male only military college until 1955 and it started out an ag college for poor kids from rural areas. it's success has increased as its enrollment and stature has increased as a university. i believe it is at least 30th all time in W-L despite its relaitvely small size compared to most large state colleges.

    and i should point out again, what Clemson has done past 2 seasons rivals any national championship by other teams in the past. 14-1 and 14-1 or 13-2 is incredible by itself. these watson teams would probably destroy our 81 team if they could play. it is a faster game now and more creative offenses.

    conferences didn't used to have conference title games back then. so it was easier to win a natty.

  21. #271
    traxx's Avatar
    Posts
    14,276
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Shenanigans

    Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    i think overall resume matters more than winning the last game.
    Guys, we're dealing with a moron here. Resume trumps winning the championship and bringing home the hardware to this genius.

    Mawds, lock this thread to keep this idiot from saying anything more stupid (although I find it hard to believe that's possible). I'm regretting having ever started this thread.
    3 users like traxx's post: DirtyBob, HellVol, ousoonerman93


  22. #272
    so u are saying that recent Uconn basketball team that had like 11 losses in the regular season and was a 10 seed, but won the title that year, was the best team that season? lol i'm big on looking at the overall season rather than just 1 game or post season success.

    both bama and Clemson finished 14-1 last year, and Clemson had the better loss and played a tougher schedule in my view. clemson was dealing with injuries to 3 of its defensive stars, i think shaq lawson ended up on the bench most of the game. he got hurt in the Okla game. our deep threat WR Deon Cain was suspended as well. despite this, the team probably wins if not for that crazy onside kick catch by Bama and then later they got a punt return TD. the bama defense was supposedly mad b/c they felt like they loss the game on the filed and had to be bailed out by the special teams.

  23. #273
    TVKaleen's Avatar
    Posts
    40
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Just north of Paradise in Moore

    Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    and i should point out again, what Clemson has done past 2 seasons rivals any national championship by other teams in the past. 14-1 and 14-1 or 13-2 is incredible by itself. these watson teams would probably destroy our 81 team if they could play. it is a faster game now and more creative offenses.
    That all depends on what rules you are using. If you use the 1981 rules, I doubt these teams would destroy the 81 Clemson team and I know they wouldn't destroy the 1974 OU team just on the Defensive line alone. 2 of the 3 Selmon brothers including Lee Roy and Jimbo Elrod plus Rod Shoate. Remember these spread offenses would be penalty machines and DB could flat out level WR's.

    It is why I always try to correct people on Michael Jordan being the GOAT. He is definitely the greatest of his time but all time. Hard to compare. The rules change through out the year. My personal pick for GOAT in the NBA is Bill Russell. To me it is hard to argue against a guy who has a ring for every finger and both thumbs and one for a spare ring all in 14 seasons of work. And the last three title rings he won, he was a player and the head coach for the team. Add in 5 NBA MVPs. He was awesome.

  24. #274
    Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    ACC was tough in 00's. people forget how good BC was with Matt Ryan, for example.

    i think Dabo has benefited some with fact the QB play dropped off in ACC after 08 along with fact we flipped Boyd from Tenn. lol if Kiffen had not left Tenn, Boyd goes there and tenn may be Clemson right now. lol I think Spiller and Boyd were the two players who helped improve our recruiting b/c lot of kids liked them. you have to get those special players like that to maintain recruiting. it is like UNC can still recruit off of fact jordan played there.
    ACC was not tough in the 00s....quit kidding yourself. SEC was tougher with LSU, UF (Meyer won 2 titles), Auburn and obviously Bama (3). Big 12 was equally tough with OU, Texas, Nebraska. KState, Kansas, Colorado had their moments as well. The only ACC team which made it to the BCS National Championships till the current playoff system was FSU who we defeated.

    Dabo has been lucky since FSU was down till the old man was forced out. Miami imploded after joining the ACC. If these 2 had maintained their standards, Clemson would have continued their 9-3 or 7-5 seasons. You guys are in a sweet spot now. Good luck and hopefully you can get a championship out of this current lucky spell.

  25. #275
    Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    i never said Clemson was some kind of powerhouse though. i pointed out it was a small male only military college until 1955 and it started out an ag college for poor kids from rural areas. it's success has increased as its enrollment and stature has increased as a university. i believe it is at least 30th all time in W-L despite its relaitvely small size compared to most large state colleges.

    and i should point out again, what Clemson has done past 2 seasons rivals any national championship by other teams in the past. 14-1 and 14-1 or 13-2 is incredible by itself. these watson teams would probably destroy our 81 team if they could play. it is a faster game now and more creative offenses.

    conferences didn't used to have conference title games back then. so it was easier to win a natty.
    Yeah those players from the 81' team are in their 50's now. Deshaun would kill those old farts.

    Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: TVKaleen


  26. #276
    DirtyBob's Avatar
    Posts
    4,917
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Warwick, RI

    Mawdz, banhammer. Please.
    The following users like this post: Soonerfan65


  27. #277
    Originally Posted by DirtyBob View Post
    Mawdz, banhammer. Please.
    You don't like Swamp Ass, Dirty B?

    Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

  28. #278
    Trip's Avatar
    Posts
    3,358
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ACC Ground Zero

    Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I'm regretting having ever started this thread.
    I'm regretting we can't neg on this forum.
    5 users like Trip's post: allanace16, DirtyBob, Mjcpr, ousoonerman93, Soonerfan65


  29. #279
    Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    I'm regretting we can't neg on this forum.
    Neg?

    Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

  30. #280
    DirtyBob's Avatar
    Posts
    4,917
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Warwick, RI

    Originally Posted by HellVol View Post
    You don't like Swamp Ass, Dirty B?

    Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    Not a fan of swamp ass.
    Or ball stew.
    That's what they call that puddle near Clampsun right? The one right next to those mole hills.
    The following users like this post: HellVol


  31. #281
    Originally Posted by DirtyBob View Post
    Not a fan of swamp ass.
    Or ball stew.
    That's what they call that puddle near Clampsun right? The one right next to those mole hills.
    LOL

    Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: DirtyBob


  32. #282
    B.............Dirty B

    Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

  33. #283
    DirtyBob's Avatar
    Posts
    4,917
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Warwick, RI

    Originally Posted by HellVol View Post
    B.............Dirty B

    Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    That's why Sammy Watkins left Miami to play there. He had to leave the beach and go somewhere with a puddle. He wouldn't come to Norman because of that. It's truth. Oklahoma doesn't croot well because we've won 7 national titles and have 5 Heisman trophy winners. No puddles. Dammit.
    Wish it rained more in Oklahoma.
    The following users like this post: HellVol


  34. #284
    traxx's Avatar
    Posts
    14,276
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Shenanigans

    Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    so u are saying that recent Uconn basketball team that had like 11 losses in the regular season and was a 10 seed, but won the title that year, was the best team that season? lol i'm big on looking at the overall season rather than just 1 game or post season success.

    both bama and Clemson finished 14-1 last year, and Clemson had the better loss and played a tougher schedule in my view. clemson was dealing with injuries to 3 of its defensive stars, i think shaq lawson ended up on the bench most of the game. he got hurt in the Okla game. our deep threat WR Deon Cain was suspended as well. despite this, the team probably wins if not for that crazy onside kick catch by Bama and then later they got a punt return TD. the bama defense was supposedly mad b/c they felt like they loss the game on the filed and had to be bailed out by the special teams.
    I told you early on in the thread that if you're looking for the best team to win out then football, college basketball and college baseball aren't your sports. NBA, NHL, and MLB have a better likelihood of the better team winning out because of the series format. In CFB and CBB everyone knows and accepts the rules before going in...except you. In '88 OU men's basketball team beat Kansas twice in the regular season. OU faced Kansas for a 3rd time in the championship game and lost. It's difficult to beat a good team 3 times in one season. Was OU the better team? Probably. But according to the rules that everyone agreed upon before the season, Kansas got to walk home with the hardware and be called champs that season.

    I don't think a NY Giants team that was barely over .500 in the regular season was better than the Patriots in either of their superbowls. But they were that day and that's all that matters. But I know this and accept this. I think that could be mitigated to some extent by contracting the playoffs and wildcard and I think that should happen but it won't because that would mean a loss of money for the NFL. But I know and accept that this is part of the package when watching football.
    2 users like traxx's post: DirtyBob, TVKaleen


  35. #285
    Trip's Avatar
    Posts
    3,358
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ACC Ground Zero

    Originally Posted by HellVol View Post
    Neg?
    Neg rep and pos rep . . . google it or go to to see how it works.

  36. #286
    Originally Posted by TVKaleen View Post
    So Monty with that being said I guess Ole Miss signed this class with just gumption, a good recruiting bed and SEC or Southern pride?

    http://www.si.com/college-football/2...ss-signing-day

    I call bullshit.

    Oh wait.

    http://www.si.com/college-football/2...-punish-rebels

    Please note that I'm not saying Clemson is cheating. Just that the whole conference pride thing is bullshit. Dabo is a hell of a recruiter. Brent is a hell of a recruiter. Dabo in the way he deals with press reminds me of Barry in a lot of ways.

    As for our out of date poll awarded titles.. well we have one that we played for in your system Swampy.. and we played for 3 more.. how many have you played for? Since 2000 how many times has your team won their conference? How many seasons did your team with a losing record in that time span?

    I'll go ahead and answer those for you. Clemson has played for 2 titles including this year. At the time of this point you haven't won shit. At least we have a trophy. Clemson has won the ACC 3 times since 2000. OU has won the Big 12 a total of 10 times in the same time period. How many losing seasons for Clemson under Dabo: 1. How many losing seasons for OU under Bob Stoops: none. Hell.. since his 7-5 season his first year here Bob has not won less than 8 games and he has only won that few 3 times. Most of the time he wins 10 a year or more. Norman is a pretty little college town. Our football stadium is second to none at this time and our facilities are finally getting an upgrade. As for fans calling for Bob's head, well I remember they did the same for Switzer and then he won another NC.

    And bright pumpkin orange is a shitty color for a football uniform. Makes your team look like they are all wearing prison jumpsuits or road worker uniforms. At least Tennessee's orange is a bit easier on the eyes. Hell.. I kinda like the sherbet orange. Makes me think of ice cream.
    But they aren't doing anything outstanding. They have had only one top 10 finish in the last 5 years and that was 9. They are able to get some high ranked recruits simply because they are closer to them, that's it. The QBs from 2017 and 2018 both live within 5 hours of Clemson. They benefit from being in the south, period.
    The following users like this post: Soonerfan65


  37. #287
    Trip's Avatar
    Posts
    3,358
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ACC Ground Zero

    Originally Posted by TVKaleen View Post
    And bright pumpkin orange is a shitty color for a football uniform. Makes your team look like they are all wearing prison jumpsuits or road worker uniforms.
    This made me laugh.

    Mainly because it's true.
    The following users like this post: DirtyBob


  38. #288
    Originally Posted by DirtyBob View Post
    That's why Sammy Watkins left Miami to play there. He had to leave the beach and go somewhere with a puddle. He wouldn't come to Norman because of that. It's truth. Oklahoma doesn't croot well because we've won 7 national titles and have 5 Heisman trophy winners. No puddles. Dammit.
    Wish it rained more in Oklahoma.
    OU is just becoming a hard draw for a lot of the top kids from the deep south.
    The following users like this post: soonergrad


  39. #289
    Upon review of the other thread, I must conclude that Clemson recruits highly talented young men with a penchant for buggery.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 users like SoonerByProxy's post: DirtyBob, Trip


  40. #290
    Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    You serious Clark ?

  41. #291
    DirtyBob's Avatar
    Posts
    4,917
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Warwick, RI

    Originally Posted by HellVol View Post
    And McBoobs is near by. That's always a positive.

    Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    She is a nice lady!
    The following users like this post: HellVol


  42. #292
    DirtyBob's Avatar
    Posts
    4,917
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Warwick, RI

    Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    OU is just becoming a hard draw for a lot of the top kids from the deep south.
    Oh I believe it, which is why we've built a pipeline to California. I'm just poking fun at the troll.
    Of course, Bama's resurgence thanks to Satan hasn't helped us in the South.

  43. #293
    Originally Posted by DirtyBob View Post
    Oh I believe it, which is why we've built a pipeline to California. I'm just poking fun at the troll.
    Of course, Bama's resurgence thanks to Satan hasn't helped us in the South.
    Good thing California is big enough that a rise in the PAC 12 won't hurt things too bad. Only problem that could arise is if 5 or so PAC teams start winning 10 games a season and that conference brand starts growing.

  44. #294
    Thanks to SwampFox, I will now forever root against Clemson, and when they fall on hard times (which is much, much, much, much more than OU has ever experienced) I will be very happy!!!!
    3 users like soonerquest's post: ousoonerman93, Soonerfan65, SoonerForLife


  45. #295
    Post more, Swamp Fox. You represent your school so well.
    2 users like ChocoLab's post: Barry Amenema, ousoonerman93


  46. #296
    traxx's Avatar
    Posts
    14,276
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Shenanigans

    Originally Posted by ChocoLab View Post
    Post more, Swamp Fox. You represent your school so well.
    Swamp fox is the kinda guy that would advocate for kicking a FG on 3rd down so that they would have another try in case something screwed up.

  47. #297
    ousoonerman93's Avatar
    Posts
    823
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN

    Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Swamp fox is the kinda guy that would advocate for kicking a FG on 3rd down so that they would have another try in case something screwed up.
    Before this thread is finished, Swamp Pox will make sure and get the last word in. Apparently he's upset because his Ned Beatty blow up doll popped and he can't go into the wood to play Deliverance, relieving himself of his inability to shake his lifelong insecurity.

  48. #298
    Why Clemson gets players. and why Dabo not going back to a gritty mill town in alabama. lol





    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_87JI96JO0

  49. #299
    YES! I thought he was done.


    Now my sides are gonna hurt even worse though...

  50. #300
    here is typical Oklahoma person



    nobody can be surprised Clemson owned Oklahoma two seasons in a row. lol
    The following users like this post: Hammer2Bones

    Last edited by Swamp Fox; January 6th, 2017 at 10:42 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: April 24th, 2016, 09:45 AM
  2. Must Recruit Better
    By awr90 in forum Football
    Replies: 441
    Last Post: February 17th, 2016, 04:24 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 26th, 2014, 08:43 PM

Tags for this Thread