View Poll Results: Will Mixon Stay or Go

Voters
247. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mixon is staying

    157 63.56%
  • Mixon if going pro

    90 36.44%

The future of Joe Mixon - Drafted by The Cincinnati Bengals

Posted 130 day(s) ago by KeganOUUpdated116965 Views 1727 Replies
Results 1,701 to 1,728 of 1728
Page 35 of 35 25 33 34 35
  1. #1701
    Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    Poor Joe. Got drafted by a playoff caliber team that's weak at his position so he'll probably get a chance to make his mark right off the bat. That really sucks.
    Swing and a miss on your sarcasm. You completely misunderstand. It's great for Joe, but from a personal standpoint it's the worst possible outcome. There's no team I love to see lose more than the Bengals. If he can put up 200 yards a game and they lose every game that's fine. I just think that team is an absolute cesspool of thuggery. It's mostly a few players but it stains the reputation of the entire franchise and won't do much to help Joe's image if he starts emulating them.

    Oh and I'm not sure if a 6-9-1 team qualifies as "playoff caliber" They may have the talent but they are probably the most mentally impotent team in the league.

  2. #1702
    SoonerLibertarian's Avatar
    Posts
    20,489
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Swing and a miss on your sarcasm. You completely misunderstand. It's great for Joe, but from a personal standpoint it's the worst possible outcome. There's no team I love to see lose more than the Bengals. If he can put up 200 yards a game and they lose every game that's fine. I just think that team is an absolute cesspool of thuggery. It's mostly a few players but it stains the reputation of the entire franchise and won't do much to help Joe's image if he starts emulating them.

    Oh and I'm not sure if a 6-9-1 team qualifies as "playoff caliber" They may have the talent but they are probably the most mentally impotent team in the league.
    Last year was a bad year but Cincinnati won 12, 10, 11, 10, and 9 games the previous 5 years lost in wild card games every year. Definitely got playoff talent.
    The following users like this post: Coach


  3. #1703
    Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    Last year was a bad year but Cincinnati won 12, 10, 11, 10, and 9 games the previous 5 years lost in wild card games every year. Definitely got playoff talent.
    Exactly. Like I said, they have the talent. They just lack the mental discipline to actually win in the playoffs.

  4. #1704
    SoonerLibertarian's Avatar
    Posts
    20,489
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Exactly. Like I said, they have the talent. They just lack the mental discipline to actually win in the playoffs.
    They've lacked a real running game.

  5. #1705
    Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    They've lacked a real running game.
    Lol, maybe but I don't think Joe is going to suddenly make the rest of the team smarter

  6. #1706
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    34,747
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Never have liked the Bengals.
    Any particular reason? I've never been a fan, but never had a reason to not like them.

    None of what happened in the past matters any longer. This is a fresh start for Joe. After he retires from football he'll be judged by what he did as a pro, both on and off the field.

    After having been beat down by the media and fans since he turned 18 I will be extremely surprised if he has any major off-field **** ups. He seems like a smart kid who knows he's getting a 2nd chance, and appreciates that.
    4 users like Stinger_1066's post: ATLantaSooner79, Coach, Jive Turkey11, SoonerNow


  7. #1707
    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Any particular reason? I've never been a fan, but never had a reason to not like them.

    None of what happened in the past matters any longer. This is a fresh start for Joe. After he retires from football he'll be judged by what he did as a pro, both on and off the field.

    After having been beat down by the media and fans since he turned 18 I will be extremely surprised if he has any major off-field **** ups. He seems like a smart kid who knows he's getting a 2nd chance, and appreciates that.
    I'll pull for Joe but not sure I'll consider myself a fan of the Bengals. Maybe I'll warm up to them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #1708
    Yuck Fu's Avatar
    Posts
    7,630
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ah so, mutha fucka.

    Originally Posted by Houston Cougar View Post
    But see, you're making Chp's point. The furor over the video would die down substantially in a year, regardless of where he was. Sheeple have short attention spans.
    I completely disagree with you for a couple of reasons:

    1) In the college game there is always that issue of morals and ethics in an institution of higher learning. If Mixon had come back, then the video and OU's decision to allow him to stay on the team would continue to be an issue. This would only be magnified by the fact that the video could be pulled out at any time and this thing could be rehashed over and over particularly if Mixon were say like a Heisman candidate. Then he would be going through the draft stuff like he did this year. In short, I disagree that the furor would die down simply because the vid was only available for the Sugar bowl game this season. Next year every week for 12 or 13 weeks, each fan base gets to be outraged. Each week the talking heads have a chance to bring it up.

    2) As a pro, he goes through the same thing in his first year on the pro team as each pro fan base gets to be outraged as well as the general public that doesn't pay attention to CFB but does pay attention to the NFL.

    IMHO, By going pro this year he only has to go through one more season of this bullshit instead of two.
    The following users like this post: Stinger_1066


  9. #1709
    Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    I completely disagree with you for a couple of reasons:

    1) In the college game there is always that issue of morals and ethics in an institution of higher learning. If Mixon had come back, then the video and OU's decision to allow him to stay on the team would continue to be an issue. This would only be magnified by the fact that the video could be pulled out at any time and this thing could be rehashed over and over particularly if Mixon were say like a Heisman candidate. Then he would be going through the draft stuff like he did this year. In short, I disagree that the furor would die down simply because the vid was only available for the Sugar bowl game this season. Next year every week for 12 or 13 weeks, each fan base gets to be outraged. Each week the talking heads have a chance to bring it up.

    2) As a pro, he goes through the same thing in his first year on the pro team as each pro fan base gets to be outraged as well as the general public that doesn't pay attention to CFB but does pay attention to the NFL.

    IMHO, By going pro this year he only has to go through one more season of this bullshit instead of two.
    Both very good points, but I think the argument was whether he cost himself $$ coming out this year vs next. I tend to think yes, but of course we'll never know. No doubt next year at OU would have been a circus, but at some point people get sick of hearing the same thing over and over and move on.
    2 users like Houston Cougar's post: SoonerNow, Yuck Fu


  10. #1710
    If he is productive, it will all fade away, ala Tyreek hill.

    If not, it fades away anyways, ala Greg Hardy.
    2 users like TheBoots's post: SA OSO, Stinger_1066


  11. #1711
    Trip's Avatar
    Posts
    3,047
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ACC Ground Zero

    Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Swing and a miss on your sarcasm. You completely misunderstand. It's great for Joe, but from a personal standpoint it's the worst possible outcome. There's no team I love to see lose more than the Bengals. If he can put up 200 yards a game and they lose every game that's fine. I just think that team is an absolute cesspool of thuggery. It's mostly a few players but it stains the reputation of the entire franchise and won't do much to help Joe's image if he starts emulating them.

    Oh and I'm not sure if a 6-9-1 team qualifies as "playoff caliber" They may have the talent but they are probably the most mentally impotent team in the league.
    Spewed forth with the hate-filled phlegm of a true Stoolers fan!
    The following users like this post: Yuck Fu


  12. #1712
    Yuck Fu's Avatar
    Posts
    7,630
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ah so, mutha fucka.

    Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    If he is productive, it will all fade away, ala Tyreek hill.

    If not, it fades away anyways, ala Greg Hardy.
    The video makes it different though. Next year will be bad as he makes the rounds. Then after that I think it will be reduced to the background.

    HOWEVER, if the Bengals make it to the Super Bowl he'll go through it again with the people who don't pay attention to football any other time.

  13. #1713
    Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    Spewed forth with the hate-filled phlegm of a true Stoolers fan!
    Low hanging fruit. Be more clever next time.
    The following users like this post: mexican/ninja


  14. #1714
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,784
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    Trey Wingo can suck ass as far I am concerned. Got himself some media attention by turning the whole 3rd round of the draft into the Joe Mixon shit show. Nobody who did as bad or worse than Joe got the same treatment.

  15. #1715
    this is what I want to share with the world from the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence ncadv.org..
    Domestic violence is the willful intimidation, physical assault, battery, sexual assault, and/or other abusive behavior as part of a systematic pattern of power and control perpetrated by one intimate partner against another. It includes physical violence, sexual violence, psychological violence, and emotional abuse. The frequency and severity of domestic violence can vary dramatically; however, the one constant component of domestic violence is one partner’s consistent efforts to maintain power and control over the other.
    Joe Mixon got in a fight and punched a woman. He did not commit domestic violence.. to say he did is to minimize the problem of DV to a fight or an altercation verses what it is.. prolonged abuse and torture. People get in fights all the time. If they do something like Joe they get in trouble.. and then move on
    7 users like rangersooner13's post: JW3K, nocalsooner, RDC212, SoonerCAS, SoonerVikeThunder, Spade1000, Turk


  16. #1716
    Trip's Avatar
    Posts
    3,047
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ACC Ground Zero

    Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Low hanging fruit. Be more clever next time.
    When you post low-hanging fruit as you did, you can't complain when someone plucks it.

  17. #1717
    Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    When you post low-hanging fruit as you did, you can't complain when someone plucks it.
    I'm disappointed in you. If you can't do better I won't respond and feed your little ego

  18. #1718
    I hope Mixon runs for 2500 yards this year and then sends a video of each run to the Oklahoman!!!!!
    2 users like Mdrich's post: Budong, SA OSO


  19. #1719
    Cincinnati CBS affiliate reportedly urges boycott of Bengals for drafting Mixon.
    The following users like this post: soonergrad


  20. #1720
    Originally Posted by Balko View Post
    Cincinnati CBS affiliate reportedly urges boycott of Bengals for drafting Mixon.
    yeah that will catch on

  21. #1721
    You guys search what the Cleveland GM said about drafting Brantley from Florida. Just saw the crawl...something like 'it was the 6th round and we didn't think anyone would notice'.

  22. #1722
    SoonerLibertarian's Avatar
    Posts
    20,489
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City



    I will be posting NFL Network version soon.

  23. #1723
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    34,747
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    The video makes it different though. Next year will be bad as he makes the rounds. Then after that I think it will be reduced to the background.

    HOWEVER, if the Bengals make it to the Super Bowl he'll go through it again with the people who don't pay attention to football any other time.
    I think it will all die down after the first few weeks of the season.

    Originally Posted by Balko View Post
    Cincinnati CBS affiliate reportedly urges boycott of Bengals for drafting Mixon.
    Editorial: The Bengals drafting Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon is inexcusable

  24. #1724
    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    I think it will all die down after the first few weeks of the season.



    Editorial: The Bengals drafting Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon is inexcusable
    And here is the problem today:

    "A man hitting a woman is not OK. Drafting Mixon says the Bengals think it is."

    Really? Do the Chiefs think it's ok to punch pregnant women? Does every team in the NFL think it's ok for men to hit men? Or drive drunk? Or do drugs? Just because you draft a certain player does not mean you condone any and all of that player's actions. But that's where we are today. Musberger got raked because he thought Mixon deserved a second chance. He instantly became an advocate for male vs female violence. People are idiots.
    2 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: CalSOONER, nocalsooner


  25. #1725
    SoonerLibertarian's Avatar
    Posts
    20,489
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City


  26. #1726
    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    And here is the problem today:

    "A man hitting a woman is not OK. Drafting Mixon says the Bengals think it is."

    Really? Do the Chiefs think it's ok to punch pregnant women? Does every team in the NFL think it's ok for men to hit men? Or drive drunk? Or do drugs? Just because you draft a certain player does not mean you condone any and all of that player's actions. But that's where we are today. Musberger got raked because he thought Mixon deserved a second chance. He instantly became an advocate for male vs female violence. People are idiots.
    Well yeah, most people are sheeple and can't think for themselves. People generally suck for the most part.

    NFL is a business. They are taking a chance on a player with a lot of talent. If he ****s up big like that again, he'll be gone. Calculated Risks are a part of any business.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #1727
    Yuck Fu's Avatar
    Posts
    7,630
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ah so, mutha fucka.

    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    I think it will all die down after the first few weeks of the season.



    Editorial: The Bengals drafting Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon is inexcusable
    It will be interesting to see what happens. When the Bengals go to each away game it's not going to be pretty. I am betting that this will be an issue for a couple of years or three until Mixon has made the rounds in the league. He just got a taste of this in the Sugar bowl but he is fixing to get it 10 fold with some of these pro crowds. Because of this, I think it will come up on the opposing team's NFL broadcast team each week. I do agree that it won't be an issue on the pregame shows or the weekly pundit shows after a few weeks.

  28. #1728
    nocalsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    5,887
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northern California

    Didn't read it, but is the CBS affiliate choosing not to broadcast Bengals games?
    The following users like this post: Yuck Fu


Similar Threads

  1. Clay Travis twitter after Mixon is drafted
    By AmericanMuscle in forum Football
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: Today, 09:40 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2017, 08:30 AM
  3. NewsOK: MMQB: OU running back Joe Mixon will get drafted
    By Mex The Dog in forum The Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 10th, 2017, 02:00 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 18th, 2013, 12:30 PM
  5. Cincinnati Bengals or Bangles?
    By traxx in forum The Pub
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: November 27th, 2012, 03:20 PM

Tags for this Thread