157 63.56%
  • Mixon if going pro

90 36.44%

The future of Joe Mixon - Drafted by The Cincinnati Bengals

Posted 130 day(s) ago by KeganOUUpdated116965 Views 1727 Replies
Results 1,701 to 1,728 of 1728
Page 35 of 35 25 33 34 35
    Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    Poor Joe. Got drafted by a playoff caliber team that's weak at his position so he'll probably get a chance to make his mark right off the bat. That really sucks.
    Swing and a miss on your sarcasm. You completely misunderstand. It's great for Joe, but from a personal standpoint it's the worst possible outcome. There's no team I love to see lose more than the Bengals. If he can put up 200 yards a game and they lose every game that's fine. I just think that team is an absolute cesspool of thuggery. It's mostly a few players but it stains the reputation of the entire franchise and won't do much to help Joe's image if he starts emulating them.

Oh and I'm not sure if a 6-9-1 team qualifies as "playoff caliber" They may have the talent but they are probably the most mentally impotent team in the league.

Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Swing and a miss on your sarcasm. You completely misunderstand. It's great for Joe, but from a personal standpoint it's the worst possible outcome. There's no team I love to see lose more than the Bengals. If he can put up 200 yards a game and they lose every game that's fine. I just think that team is an absolute cesspool of thuggery. It's mostly a few players but it stains the reputation of the entire franchise and won't do much to help Joe's image if he starts emulating them.

Oh and I'm not sure if a 6-9-1 team qualifies as "playoff caliber" They may have the talent but they are probably the most mentally impotent team in the league.
    Last year was a bad year but Cincinnati won 12, 10, 11, 10, and 9 games the previous 5 years lost in wild card games every year. Definitely got playoff talent.
    The following users like this post: Coach

Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    Last year was a bad year but Cincinnati won 12, 10, 11, 10, and 9 games the previous 5 years lost in wild card games every year. Definitely got playoff talent.
    Exactly. Like I said, they have the talent. They just lack the mental discipline to actually win in the playoffs.

Exactly. Like I said, they have the talent. They just lack the mental discipline to actually win in the playoffs.
    They've lacked a real running game.

Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    They've lacked a real running game.
    Lol, maybe but I don't think Joe is going to suddenly make the rest of the team smarter

Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Never have liked the Bengals.
    Any particular reason? I've never been a fan, but never had a reason to not like them.

None of what happened in the past matters any longer. This is a fresh start for Joe. After he retires from football he'll be judged by what he did as a pro, both on and off the field.

After having been beat down by the media and fans since he turned 18 I will be extremely surprised if he has any major off-field **** ups. He seems like a smart kid who knows he's getting a 2nd chance, and appreciates that.
    4 users like Stinger_1066's post: ATLantaSooner79, Coach, Jive Turkey11, SoonerNow

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Any particular reason? I've never been a fan, but never had a reason to not like them.

None of what happened in the past matters any longer. This is a fresh start for Joe. After he retires from football he'll be judged by what he did as a pro, both on and off the field.

After having been beat down by the media and fans since he turned 18 I will be extremely surprised if he has any major off-field **** ups. He seems like a smart kid who knows he's getting a 2nd chance, and appreciates that.
    I'll pull for Joe but not sure I'll consider myself a fan of the Bengals. Maybe I'll warm up to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Houston Cougar View Post
    But see, you're making Chp's point. The furor over the video would die down substantially in a year, regardless of where he was. Sheeple have short attention spans.
    I completely disagree with you for a couple of reasons:

1) In the college game there is always that issue of morals and ethics in an institution of higher learning. If Mixon had come back, then the video and OU's decision to allow him to stay on the team would continue to be an issue. This would only be magnified by the fact that the video could be pulled out at any time and this thing could be rehashed over and over particularly if Mixon were say like a Heisman candidate. Then he would be going through the draft stuff like he did this year. In short, I disagree that the furor would die down simply because the vid was only available for the Sugar bowl game this season. Next year every week for 12 or 13 weeks, each fan base gets to be outraged. Each week the talking heads have a chance to bring it up.

2) As a pro, he goes through the same thing in his first year on the pro team as each pro fan base gets to be outraged as well as the general public that doesn't pay attention to CFB but does pay attention to the NFL.

IMHO, By going pro this year he only has to go through one more season of this bullshit instead of two.
    The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    I completely disagree with you for a couple of reasons:

1) In the college game there is always that issue of morals and ethics in an institution of higher learning. If Mixon had come back, then the video and OU's decision to allow him to stay on the team would continue to be an issue. This would only be magnified by the fact that the video could be pulled out at any time and this thing could be rehashed over and over particularly if Mixon were say like a Heisman candidate. Then he would be going through the draft stuff like he did this year. In short, I disagree that the furor would die down simply because the vid was only available for the Sugar bowl game this season. Next year every week for 12 or 13 weeks, each fan base gets to be outraged. Each week the talking heads have a chance to bring it up.

2) As a pro, he goes through the same thing in his first year on the pro team as each pro fan base gets to be outraged as well as the general public that doesn't pay attention to CFB but does pay attention to the NFL.

IMHO, By going pro this year he only has to go through one more season of this bullshit instead of two.
    Both very good points, but I think the argument was whether he cost himself $$ coming out this year vs next. I tend to think yes, but of course we'll never know. No doubt next year at OU would have been a circus, but at some point people get sick of hearing the same thing over and over and move on.
    2 users like Houston Cougar's post: SoonerNow, Yuck Fu

If he is productive, it will all fade away, ala Tyreek hill.

If not, it fades away anyways, ala Greg Hardy.
    2 users like TheBoots's post: SA OSO, Stinger_1066

Spewed forth with the hate-filled phlegm of a true Stoolers fan!
    The following users like this post: Yuck Fu

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    If he is productive, it will all fade away, ala Tyreek hill.

If not, it fades away anyways, ala Greg Hardy.
    The video makes it different though. Next year will be bad as he makes the rounds. Then after that I think it will be reduced to the background.

HOWEVER, if the Bengals make it to the Super Bowl he'll go through it again with the people who don't pay attention to football any other time.

Spewed forth with the hate-filled phlegm of a true Stoolers fan!
    Low hanging fruit. Be more clever next time.
    The following users like this post: mexican/ninja

Trey Wingo can suck ass as far I am concerned. Got himself some media attention by turning the whole 3rd round of the draft into the Joe Mixon shit show. Nobody who did as bad or worse than Joe got the same treatment.

this is what I want to share with the world from the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence ncadv.org..
    Domestic violence is the willful intimidation, physical assault, battery, sexual assault, and/or other abusive behavior as part of a systematic pattern of power and control perpetrated by one intimate partner against another. It includes physical violence, sexual violence, psychological violence, and emotional abuse. The frequency and severity of domestic violence can vary dramatically; however, the one constant component of domestic violence is one partner’s consistent efforts to maintain power and control over the other.
    Joe Mixon got in a fight and punched a woman. He did not commit domestic violence.. to say he did is to minimize the problem of DV to a fight or an altercation verses what it is.. prolonged abuse and torture. People get in fights all the time. If they do something like Joe they get in trouble.. and then move on
    7 users like rangersooner13's post: JW3K, nocalsooner, RDC212, SoonerCAS, SoonerVikeThunder, Spade1000, Turk

Low hanging fruit. Be more clever next time.
    When you post low-hanging fruit as you did, you can't complain when someone plucks it.

When you post low-hanging fruit as you did, you can't complain when someone plucks it.
    I'm disappointed in you. If you can't do better I won't respond and feed your little ego

I hope Mixon runs for 2500 yards this year and then sends a video of each run to the Oklahoman!!!!!
    2 users like Mdrich's post: Budong, SA OSO

Cincinnati CBS affiliate reportedly urges boycott of Bengals for drafting Mixon.
    The following users like this post: soonergrad

Originally Posted by Balko View Post
    Cincinnati CBS affiliate reportedly urges boycott of Bengals for drafting Mixon.
    yeah that will catch on

You guys search what the Cleveland GM said about drafting Brantley from Florida. Just saw the crawl...something like 'it was the 6th round and we didn't think anyone would notice'.

I will be posting NFL Network version soon.

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    The video makes it different though. Next year will be bad as he makes the rounds. Then after that I think it will be reduced to the background.

HOWEVER, if the Bengals make it to the Super Bowl he'll go through it again with the people who don't pay attention to football any other time.
    I think it will all die down after the first few weeks of the season.

Originally Posted by Balko View Post
    Editorial: The Bengals drafting Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon is inexcusable

And here is the problem today:

"A man hitting a woman is not OK. Drafting Mixon says the Bengals think it is."

Really? Do the Chiefs think it's ok to punch pregnant women? Does every team in the NFL think it's ok for men to hit men? Or drive drunk? Or do drugs? Just because you draft a certain player does not mean you condone any and all of that player's actions. But that's where we are today. Musberger got raked because he thought Mixon deserved a second chance. He instantly became an advocate for male vs female violence. People are idiots.
    2 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: CalSOONER, nocalsooner

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    And here is the problem today:

"A man hitting a woman is not OK. Drafting Mixon says the Bengals think it is."

Really? Do the Chiefs think it's ok to punch pregnant women? Does every team in the NFL think it's ok for men to hit men? Or drive drunk? Or do drugs? Just because you draft a certain player does not mean you condone any and all of that player's actions. But that's where we are today. Musberger got raked because he thought Mixon deserved a second chance. He instantly became an advocate for male vs female violence. People are idiots.
    Well yeah, most people are sheeple and can't think for themselves. People generally suck for the most part.

NFL is a business. They are taking a chance on a player with a lot of talent. If he ****s up big like that again, he'll be gone. Calculated Risks are a part of any business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see what happens. When the Bengals go to each away game it's not going to be pretty. I am betting that this will be an issue for a couple of years or three until Mixon has made the rounds in the league. He just got a taste of this in the Sugar bowl but he is fixing to get it 10 fold with some of these pro crowds. Because of this, I think it will come up on the opposing team's NFL broadcast team each week. I do agree that it won't be an issue on the pregame shows or the weekly pundit shows after a few weeks.

Didn't read it, but is the CBS affiliate choosing not to broadcast Bengals games?
    The following users like this post: Yuck Fu