• Mixon if going pro

95 37.70%

The future of Joe Mixon - Drafted by The Cincinnati Bengals

Posted 430 day(s) ago by Cashion10286857 Views 1698 Replies
Results 1,551 to 1,600 of 1699
Page 32 of 34 22 30 31 32 33 34
    Originally Posted by South slider View Post
    ...John Ford made the grapes of wrath famous
    unless you consider the national book award and pulitzer prize fame worthy.

he was already famous from his previous work, 'of mice and men.' burgess meredith starred.

ford did make 'grapes' more famous. just like kazan made 'east of eden' more famous. and shouldn't we give props to henry fonda and james dean? let's not forget spencer tracy (tortilla flat) and nick nolte (cannery row). and steinbeck wrote the story of one of hitch****'s best (lifeboat). my favorite is 'winter of our discontent,' also made into a film.
    The following users like this post: meandmybutt

Originally Posted by Balko View Post
    68.5 You?
    In 6 months:

Nice.
    4 users like DukeSilver's post: Balko, Deepfried, SoonerRaven, tenten

Originally Posted by theend View Post

I am just surprised we have people posting whose parents were in the dustbowl
    So what you are really saying is that you don't think older parents did that, huh?

Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    fail.

the two greats had the world in common, and both had high regard for "okies."
    Steinbeck also had high regard for communism though, so...

Also, his books are pure drudgery.

Originally Posted by MI Sooner View Post

Also, his books are pure drudgery.
    I've always wondered what Joe Mixon thought of Steinbeck.

Originally Posted by MI Sooner View Post
    doubtful, but you can take that to the appropriate forum. it isn't allowed here.

... his books are pure drudgery.
    non-readers will find all the great american novels in the same light.
    The following users like this post: Deepfried

Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    In the big scheme of things this is awesome!!

More good will come out of this than bad due to how both are handling it now that they are a few years wiser and both can and will be great role models for others. If every bad situation could end like this the world would be a better place.

Kudos to both for resolving and reconciling what happened to learn from it.

Hmm, he is not guaranteed any money yet. Why now?

why in the hell does newsok website never load the article?

Originally Posted by Sooners34 View Post
    why in the hell does newsok website never load the article?

Originally Posted by ProudSoonerMom View Post
    But present value of future guaranteed money is greater now than yesterday.
    2 users like nocalsooner's post: meandmybutt, SoonerNow

Originally Posted by nocalsooner View Post
    But present value of future guaranteed money is greater now than yesterday.
    Bah, I want details because I am nosey!

I've been greatly pleased with how she's handled this and grown from it. This sounds weird, but this horrible event in her life may have done her good. Maybe she ends up on the exact same path without it but she certainly wasn't on graduate school path when it happened.
    4 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: cccasooner2, SoonerVikeThunder, SplitTD, Stinger_1066

5 most likely landing spots

Eagles: It takes a strong-minded ownership and a trust in coaching staff to believe that Mixon will put his past behind him and focus on being the productive pro rusher he has all the potenital to be. File this team there with Jeffery Lurie and Doug Pederson. The Eagles need a solid young early-down back, and if they can't get the one they really want in the middle of Round 1, they will have Mixon on their radar as a good fit in the offense a little later.

Saints: New Orleans has done plenty of due dilligence on Mixon, including meeting him during his solid Sooners pro day and having him in for a pre-draft visit. GM Mickey Loomis even called the latter encounter "good." Now the question is, do the Saints really think he's a talented enough backfield alternative to Mark Ingram to gamble on him? Perhaps knowing more about him than any other NFL team during the process, they might have the comfort level to select him as high as No. 32, their second first-rounder.

Lions: GM Bob Quinn stirred up some controversy at the Combine by saying Mixon should have been invited and declaring Detroit still had him on the board. The Lions have had a chance to examine the situation a lot more, but it's likely he's still there somewhere. Based on the Lions' early needs in the draft and with only eight overall picks, they would be more in play to roll the dice on Mixon in Round 3 (No. 85) or Round 4 (No. 127).

Raiders: This is another later-round wild-card team for Mixon. Even if the trade to officially bring Marshawn Lynch out of retirement is executed during the draft, Oakland can't be ruled out to take Mixon because of Lynch turning 31 and that he can also be a good veteran mentor to Mixon. If the move for Lynch falls through, Mixon would shoot up to be considered as high as Round 2 (No. 56). The owner recently approved of the draft

Chiefs: Kansas City took a far less publicized simliar risk with Tyreek Hill in last year's draft and it paid immediate big dividends with the dynamic receiver and return man. It also happens to be looking for a backfield replacement in the wake of releasing long-time feature back Jamaal Charles. Although the rumors of the Chiefs using No. 27 overall on Mixon seem to be a stretch, he can easily be in play for Round 2 (No. 59).

MAS
    The following users like this post: MyT Oklahoma

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    KC would get raked for taking him. It would be glorious to see.

I hope he goes somewhere that we can watch him more than once a year
    The following users like this post: thatsoonerfan89

Yeah I hope he can put this in his past. Especially since it was 3 years ago ... which equates to about a sixth of his entire life ago. Love how 'fresh' the media continues to make this. 3 years of not hitting women is a REALLY long time. If he were an alcoholic he'd have a dresser drawer full of abstinence metals. If he had cancer he'd be in remission, a survivor. He's cured of women striking.

Put past behind him? I couldn't detect that it affected his on-field performance the last two years. He had one bad Texas game, and I doubt it was because of Pickelmans incident and aftermath. Other than that, he shined in almost every game.

From what I've also read, the packers seem to looking at him too.

6 users like LASooner's post: blackfrancois, cccasooner2, meandmybutt, p23570, Saul Good, SoonerNow

Lots of subterfuge being bandied about by local media of certain NFL franchises regarding Joe Mixon the closer the draft gets...I find it somewhat curious, if not humorous. The most recent 'explosive' narrative is that 6 teams have (allegedly) removed Mixon from their draft boards. Isn't it more appropriate to report that Joe potentially remains in play for 26 teams? The more enjoyable for me are the not so scarce self-righteous blogs and articles that reek of handwringing over someone once fallen, might actually improve on their lot in life and redeem themselves. I guess I didn't realize that sports journalism employed so many Saints.

SS
    The following users like this post: Spade1000

Originally Posted by ProudSoonerMom View Post
    His negotiating leverage is highest when she thinks his value is lowest.

I.e., undrafted guys don't make much....so she can't get much. She's in "take what you can get" land. . Helping him with damage control increases his value and gets him to agree to give her a cut.

That's just my guess.
    3 users like meandmybutt's post: Silentsniper1516, SoonerNow, SportyJames

none of this opinion is new.
    (but smartphones are.)

john 8:7 comes to mind.

If Joe had an umbrella policy along with his auto policy he may be out personally only his legal fees.

did they meet at Pickleman's?
    2 users like Hallucinogenic_Toreador's post: 5thWave, p23570

Scott Van Pelt with IMO, one of the more fair takes I've seen from the media on this:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/st...amelia-molitor
    The following users like this post: blackfrancois

Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    His negotiating leverage is highest when she thinks his value is lowest.

I.e., undrafted guys don't make much....so she can't get much. She's in "take what you can get" land. . Helping him with damage control increases his value and gets him to agree to give her a cut.

That's just my guess.
    Ah, I see that point, damage control didn't come to mind, thanks!
    The following users like this post: HartRod

yesterday ...

The following users like this post: freedombird

Sometimes people aren't trying to take advantage of a situation. Sometimes people are just trying to do the right thing.
    3 users like soonerlarry's post: Adonijah_Aijalon, freedombird, HartRod

Off of Atlanta's draft board as well. Coincidentally, this is another team not in need of a RB and/or not in any position on the draft board to draft Mixon.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...7e41b0684.html

Lets continue to beat JM up, but in the meantime s-e-c s-e-c

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ching-a-woman/

efff espn, sec and saxet...

Originally Posted by Mjcpr View Post
    Off of Atlanta's draft board as well. Coincidentally, this is another team not in need of a RB and/or not in any position on the draft board to draft Mixon.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...7e41b0684.html
    Exactly. I imagine every RB is off their board.

I just saw that the Raiders will be making their 3rd round picks, live from Las Vegas outside in front of the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign on the outskirts of the strip. Any chance Mixon lasts this long? I'm headed out there for the weekend, and would definitely be in attendance, if I thought there was a chance for Joe to be selected here. Aren't the Raiders one of the teams that has expressed interest? Or is it a pipe dream to think he's still around in the 3rd?

Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    I just saw that the Raiders will be making their 3rd round picks, live from Las Vegas outside in front of the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign on the outskirts of the strip. Any chance Mixon lasts this long? I'm headed out there for the weekend, and would definitely be in attendance, if I thought there was a chance for Joe to be selected here. Aren't the Raiders one of the teams that has expressed interest? Or is it a pipe dream to think he's still around in the 3rd?
    There's a chance he's still around in the 3rd but it's very small. The concensus right now seems to be late first (mainly packers) -early second (a plethora of teams)

Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    Just guessing but he'll be gone. Who knows? Maybe they've set up a fight between him and Ronda Rousey after he's drafted.

The following users like this post: SportyJames

Joe looking wide in the hips. Probably has the fat gene.
    2 users like Makaveli's post: ChpThril, RockFlagandEagle

Originally Posted by ChpThril View Post
    At the spring game he had to chain, the watch and the ring. Bling bling bling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: ChpThril

Ranked #17 player in the draft by Bryan Broaddus who is a former scout that writes for dallascowboys.com.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleri...ts-2017#416911

Go Joe! I believe.
    Bengals got one hell of a deal.
    Make us proud. I know you will.
    2 users like BoomerSooner2578's post: MyT Oklahoma, Stinger_1066

Of all the teams, in all the towns, in all the world...he has to go to the Bengals...

Glad he's going to a team with talent.

The Bad Guy win in Real life. probably the headline for some OK news media. "Mixon, famous for his snuff video last year just got picked, meanwhile Captain planet, Samaje Perine, (who became engaged to a white girl to up his stock) sits unemployed at this moment)
    2 users like jaxonya's post: ChpThril, JW3K

love all this from joe in an interview after his draft:

"You know, I am still sitting here crying. I can't believe it. I can't believe it. You know, I am thankful and very honored."

... the incident... "It changed me a lot as a person... And I'm going to prove to them why they kept me. Leaving from Oklahoma, I still have their name... I'm going to do whatever I can to make them proud... I'm looking forward to doing that with the Cincinnati Bengals as well."

Kid should have waited a year. He cost himself alot of money
    The following users like this post: p23570

Originally Posted by ChpThril View Post
    Kid should have waited a year. He cost himself alot of money
    I doubt it. Don't see anyone getting over his incident from 3 years ago.
    3 users like SoonerLibertarian's post: DirtySouth_Sooner, OrlandoSooner, Yuck Fu