157 62.30%
  • Mixon if going pro

95 37.70%

The future of Joe Mixon - Drafted by The Cincinnati Bengals

Posted 215 day(s) ago by KeganOUUpdated161681 Views 1770 Replies
Results 1,601 to 1,650 of 1771
Page 33 of 36 23 31 32 33 34 35
    Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    Why do you feel sorry for the most evil, vile, human being who ever hit somebody who hit them first?
    His skin color looks aggressive ...
    The following users like this post: Yuck Fu

Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    Police often don't arrest if the school says something didn't happen or is unclear about what happened. Anybody ever go to school with a D-1 athlete? They will trip over themselves to keep that kid out of trouble.

If this didn't happen, why is this a story and why does the father have to realease a statement about it?
    I'm guessing you can't follow a very simple timeline that most LT'ers can, and that's saying a lot!

2013 - something happens at school. Dad gets pissed and believes Joe is involved. Rants on social media. Learns Joe is not involved. Forgets about it.

2015 - Joe gets in trouble at OU.

2016 - Media uncovers social media rant by dad. Not highly published but it's somewhat out there.

2017 - weeks before the draft the rant is now front page news. Father at this time feels the need to go public to correct his mistake.

Pretty ****ing simple to follow.

Originally Posted by williemayshayes View Post
    I'm guessing you can't follow a very simple timeline that most LT'ers can, and that's saying a lot!

2013 - something happens at school. Dad gets pissed and believes Joe is involved. Rants on social media. Learns Joe is not involved. Forgets about it.

2016 - Media uncovers social media rant by dad. Not highly published but it's somewhat out there.

2017 - weeks before the draft the rant is now front page news. Father at this time feels the need to go public to correct his mistake.

Well you know what they said happened when okies moved to California right? Give him a break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by harryhorns View Post
    Yea, let's attack the father who's daughter was punched by your beloved runningback. But he scored touchdowns in an OU jersey, so I'm sure it's ok to consistently beat women like he has. Typical Stoops trash

Sooner logic, never disappoints
    Harryhorns--You may want to look at post 1569 before your rush to judgment--and I am so glad to hear that horns players never dabble in drugs, get DUIs, get into fights etc. Angels!!
    The following users like this post: RDC212

Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    "My daughter went to Freedom High School with Joe, and they have been friends for much of their lives. Once, when they were in school together, my daughter had a minor disagreement with some of her classmates that got blown out of proportion. Like any father would, I reacted emotionally. Unfortunately, I did so before I had all the facts. Now, having talked to my daughter and investigated the whole story, I realize that I was mistaken about Joe’s involvement.

Wait...his allegation came out years ago, it was reported on years ago but NOW, 4 YEARS LATER...ONLY NOW has he talked to his daughter and realized he's wrong?

Yeah...scouts were doing their investigation and this man was paid to recant....
    Nowhere did it say he just found out-it was never in the news before, now that it pops up 4 years later, he's setting the record straight--

Originally Posted by Hallucinogenic_Toreador View Post
    Joe's going to be a millionaire and probably be pretty successful in the NFL. He'll be awight.
    If he was awight, this wouldn't even be a big deal
    2 users like barlowd's post: Fugue, RockFlagandEagle

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    well, yeah.

Originally Posted by theend View Post
    you know what they said happened when okies moved to California...
    will rogers said the exodus raised the iq of both states.

steinbeck said a bit more.
    5 users like blackfrancois's post: CalSOONER, meandmybutt, p23570, theend, thunderclapnewman53

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Well he then could be in Game of Thrones...
    The following users like this post: qckndrty

Originally Posted by soonerquest View Post
    Harryhorns--You may want to look at post 1569 before your rush to judgment--and I am so glad to hear that horns players never dabble in drugs, get DUIs, get into fights etc. Angels!!
    He's one of those who believes Mixon should have gotten a second chance, just not at a program like OU. Maybe Joe would have learned more of a lesson if he'd been sent to Austin and lost to Kansas.
    The following users like this post: freedombird

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Originally Posted by williemayshayes View Post

I'm simply using what the father said. I do not have to make up a timeline like you did. The fathers own words said that "“I have recently learned that a comment I made about Joe Mixon on social media a few years ago is now receiving a lot of attention. I want to explain that comment and clarify that I do not believe Joe ever did anything to hurt my daughter,” Hernandez wrote."

A few years ago, he made the statement about Joe after Joe flattens Mia. This is a year after Joe allegedly belted this guys daughter. Over a year after the incident with his daughter he still believe Joe smacked his kid. According to the rest of his statement, just now, four years later, he allegedly investigated it and found it to be false.

Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    will rogers said the exodus raised the iq of both states.

steinbeck said a bit more.
    ....Will Rogers would whip Steinbeck's ass

SS

Originally Posted by South slider View Post
    ....Will Rogers would whip Steinbeck's ass
    fail.

the two greats had the world in common, and both had high regard for "okies."
    2 users like blackfrancois's post: CalSOONER, meandmybutt

fail.

...pfffft, Steinbeck wrote bad fiction and bad history

SS
    The following users like this post: SoonerSteve

Steinbeck wrote bad fiction
    if by "bad," you mean nobel prize winning, then yes.
    2 users like blackfrancois's post: CalSOONER, RockE

fail.

From what I've read, Steinbeck was a pretty tough cookie. I think he was America's greatest writer. It's weird...I re-read his books every 5 years or so and the past few years when I read them I hear the words in John Ford's voice. Showing my age, I guess....
    2 users like dd992emo's post: blackfrancois, meandmybutt

Originally Posted by dd992emo View Post
    From what I've read, Steinbeck was a pretty tough cookie.
    probably not as tough as hemingway, though. B^)

I think he was America's greatest writer.
    as good a choice as any, and more prolific than most. i've read most of them. the only one i can't recommend is 'travels with charlie.'

... when I read them I hear the words in John Ford's voice.
    i can see that. the two are kinda related in setting and content.

if by "bad," you mean nobel prize winning, then yes.
    ...John Ford made the grapes of wrath famous

SS

My parents were Steinbeck Okies to California. Moved back to Oklahoma when they had $20 saved up.
    2 users like Balko's post: ab5sr, blackfrancois

Originally Posted by Balko View Post
    My parents were Steinbeck Okies to California. Moved back to Oklahoma when they had $20 saved up.
    How old are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...John Ford made the grapes of wrath famous
    unless you consider the national book award and pulitzer prize fame worthy.

he was already famous from his previous work, 'of mice and men.' burgess meredith starred.

ford did make 'grapes' more famous. just like kazan made 'east of eden' more famous. and shouldn't we give props to henry fonda and james dean? let's not forget spencer tracy (tortilla flat) and nick nolte (cannery row). and steinbeck wrote the story of one of hitch****'s best (lifeboat). my favorite is 'winter of our discontent,' also made into a film.
    The following users like this post: meandmybutt

68.5 You?

I am just surprised we have people posting whose parents were in the dustbowl
    The following users like this post: Balko

68.5 You?
    In 6 months:

Nice.
    4 users like DukeSilver's post: Balko, Deepfried, SoonerRaven, tenten

Originally Posted by theend View Post

I am just surprised we have people posting whose parents were in the dustbowl
    So what you are really saying is that you don't think older parents did that, huh?

fail.

Steinbeck also had high regard for communism though, so...

Also, his books are pure drudgery.

Originally Posted by MI Sooner View Post

Also, his books are pure drudgery.
    I've always wondered what Joe Mixon thought of Steinbeck.

Originally Posted by MI Sooner View Post
    doubtful, but you can take that to the appropriate forum. it isn't allowed here.

... his books are pure drudgery.
    non-readers will find all the great american novels in the same light.
    The following users like this post: Deepfried

Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    In the big scheme of things this is awesome!!

More good will come out of this than bad due to how both are handling it now that they are a few years wiser and both can and will be great role models for others. If every bad situation could end like this the world would be a better place.

Kudos to both for resolving and reconciling what happened to learn from it.

Hmm, he is not guaranteed any money yet. Why now?

why in the hell does newsok website never load the article?

Originally Posted by Sooners34 View Post
    why in the hell does newsok website never load the article?

Originally Posted by ProudSoonerMom View Post
    But present value of future guaranteed money is greater now than yesterday.
    2 users like nocalsooner's post: meandmybutt, SoonerNow

Originally Posted by nocalsooner View Post
    But present value of future guaranteed money is greater now than yesterday.
    Bah, I want details because I am nosey!

I've been greatly pleased with how she's handled this and grown from it. This sounds weird, but this horrible event in her life may have done her good. Maybe she ends up on the exact same path without it but she certainly wasn't on graduate school path when it happened.
    4 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: cccasooner2, SoonerVikeThunder, SplitTD, Stinger_1066

5 most likely landing spots

Eagles: It takes a strong-minded ownership and a trust in coaching staff to believe that Mixon will put his past behind him and focus on being the productive pro rusher he has all the potenital to be. File this team there with Jeffery Lurie and Doug Pederson. The Eagles need a solid young early-down back, and if they can't get the one they really want in the middle of Round 1, they will have Mixon on their radar as a good fit in the offense a little later.

Saints: New Orleans has done plenty of due dilligence on Mixon, including meeting him during his solid Sooners pro day and having him in for a pre-draft visit. GM Mickey Loomis even called the latter encounter "good." Now the question is, do the Saints really think he's a talented enough backfield alternative to Mark Ingram to gamble on him? Perhaps knowing more about him than any other NFL team during the process, they might have the comfort level to select him as high as No. 32, their second first-rounder.

Lions: GM Bob Quinn stirred up some controversy at the Combine by saying Mixon should have been invited and declaring Detroit still had him on the board. The Lions have had a chance to examine the situation a lot more, but it's likely he's still there somewhere. Based on the Lions' early needs in the draft and with only eight overall picks, they would be more in play to roll the dice on Mixon in Round 3 (No. 85) or Round 4 (No. 127).

Raiders: This is another later-round wild-card team for Mixon. Even if the trade to officially bring Marshawn Lynch out of retirement is executed during the draft, Oakland can't be ruled out to take Mixon because of Lynch turning 31 and that he can also be a good veteran mentor to Mixon. If the move for Lynch falls through, Mixon would shoot up to be considered as high as Round 2 (No. 56). The owner recently approved of the draft

Chiefs: Kansas City took a far less publicized simliar risk with Tyreek Hill in last year's draft and it paid immediate big dividends with the dynamic receiver and return man. It also happens to be looking for a backfield replacement in the wake of releasing long-time feature back Jamaal Charles. Although the rumors of the Chiefs using No. 27 overall on Mixon seem to be a stretch, he can easily be in play for Round 2 (No. 59).

MAS
    The following users like this post: MyT Oklahoma

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    KC would get raked for taking him. It would be glorious to see.

I hope he goes somewhere that we can watch him more than once a year
    The following users like this post: thatsoonerfan89

Yeah I hope he can put this in his past. Especially since it was 3 years ago ... which equates to about a sixth of his entire life ago. Love how 'fresh' the media continues to make this. 3 years of not hitting women is a REALLY long time. If he were an alcoholic he'd have a dresser drawer full of abstinence metals. If he had cancer he'd be in remission, a survivor. He's cured of women striking.

Put past behind him? I couldn't detect that it affected his on-field performance the last two years. He had one bad Texas game, and I doubt it was because of Pickelmans incident and aftermath. Other than that, he shined in almost every game.

From what I've also read, the packers seem to looking at him too.

6 users like LASooner's post: blackfrancois, cccasooner2, meandmybutt, p23570, Saul Good, SoonerNow

Lots of subterfuge being bandied about by local media of certain NFL franchises regarding Joe Mixon the closer the draft gets...I find it somewhat curious, if not humorous. The most recent 'explosive' narrative is that 6 teams have (allegedly) removed Mixon from their draft boards. Isn't it more appropriate to report that Joe potentially remains in play for 26 teams? The more enjoyable for me are the not so scarce self-righteous blogs and articles that reek of handwringing over someone once fallen, might actually improve on their lot in life and redeem themselves. I guess I didn't realize that sports journalism employed so many Saints.

SS
    The following users like this post: Spade1000

Originally Posted by ProudSoonerMom View Post
    His negotiating leverage is highest when she thinks his value is lowest.

I.e., undrafted guys don't make much....so she can't get much. She's in "take what you can get" land. . Helping him with damage control increases his value and gets him to agree to give her a cut.

That's just my guess.
    3 users like meandmybutt's post: Silentsniper1516, SoonerNow, SportyJames

none of this opinion is new.
    (but smartphones are.)

john 8:7 comes to mind.

If Joe had an umbrella policy along with his auto policy he may be out personally only his legal fees.

did they meet at Pickleman's?
    2 users like Hallucinogenic_Toreador's post: 5thWave, p23570