Saban has filed a formal complaint with NCAA and CFB coaches to change pic rule

Posted 141 day(s) ago 10942 Views 151 Replies
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3

Saban has filed a formal complaint with NCAA and CFB coaches to change pic rule

3 years ago it was no huddle, now it will be the pick play.

Sour puss loser.

But that game winner wasn't a pick. His defender grabbed the Clemson receiver and pulled him so it could have been called defensive holding.

The earlier one was definitely a pick though.

Both times I bet Dede was going WTF! After the crap call against him this year.

Originally Posted by Boomer69 View Post
    But that game winner wasn't a pick. His defender grabbed the Clemson receiver and pulled him so it could have been called defensive holding.

You are correct, wasn't a pick at all. That won't stop midget boy from complaining under the guise of player safety.
    3 users like htownSOONER's post: h-townsooner, laxtothemax12, SoonerPride

Deshaun Watson disagrees with you.
    3 users like OUMick's post: LT-OU, One Man Wolfpack, Silentsniper1516

Pick plays are already illegal. Sometimes they get called. Sometimes they don't.

I'd care that it wasn't called if Alabama hadn't committed pass interference the play before which cost precious time and theoretically could have forced Clemson to kick the FG had the situation been slightly different.
    7 users like Mephistopheles's post: Bob, HolaKyle, LesNessman, OUSchitzo, Ruf Nek, SilksKS, SoonerPride

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
    Pick plays are already illegal. Sometimes they get called. Sometimes they don't.

I'd care that it wasn't called if Alabama hadn't committed pass interference the play before which cost precious time and theoretically could have forced Clemson to kick the FG had the situation been slightly different.
    So a penalty should only be called if the play before was all clear?
    3 users like OUMick's post: cccasooner2, Hang Half a Hundred, Silentsniper1516

He canncomplain all he wants. Dabo and Clemson own that Trophy.

The 'Bama player went behind the other two. There really wasn't anyone getting in his way. He took himself out of the play. **** Saban. Nicky Poopy Pants.
    5 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: Crazyivan, h-townsooner, RockE, SoonerNow, SoonerPride

I am sure the Big XII-2 officials would call the pick, if it had happened.

Not true, they are subjective call like holding. A picker can sell that it is accidental.

I wanted Clemson to win...but the "pick" type play is very very subjectively called and I would be pissed too....if my team was on the losing end of those kind of plays.
    2 users like gratefulRed's post: ouwasp, Rufus T Firefly

Originally Posted by OUMick View Post
    When the defense intentionally commits a penalty to try strip the offense of a chance to win, they can't complain that the refs ****ed them over the next play.

Should a penalty have been called? I don't know. That wasn't a clear cut pick. Arguments can be made either way. Clemson might have intended to run a pick, but that doesn't mean they achieved that goal.
    The following users like this post: Bob

He didn't do a good job selling.
    The following users like this post: RockE

When the defense intentionally commits a penalty to try strip the offense of a chance to win, they can't complain that the refs ****ed them over the next play.

Should a penalty have been called? I don't know. That wasn't a clear cut pick. Arguments can be made either way. Clemson might have intended to run a pick, but that doesn't mean they achieved that goal.
    The quarterback admitted it. Said they had run it all year. What do you mean it wasn't a pick.

Taking advantage of the rules is a bad thing?
    The following users like this post: Silentsniper1516

Watson said that "we knew they were gonna play cover zero inside the five and all we needed was good pick by Tate and Tate picked him and Renfrow got in the end zone"
    The following users like this post: Silentsniper1516

Saban is such a chode. this doesn't surprise me at all. he doesn't know how to handle losing. it's always someone else's fault when he
    fails. whiney lil ****.
    Last edited by RockE; January 10th, 2017 at 12:14 AM.

You call zone u beat pick plays every time and most likely end up with a int

Sorry, but Bama got a LOT of calls tonight. Clemson won the game. Period. Helluva football game and so glad to see Bama go down.

Originally Posted by IndySooner View Post
    Sorry, but Bama got a LOT of calls tonight. Clemson won the game. Period. Helluva football game and so glad to see Bama go down.
    Agree, Bama got a ton of no calls, too
    2 users like smusooner's post: Bob, LesNessman

Originally Posted by RockE View Post
    Saban is such a chode. this doesn't surprise me at all. he doesn't know how to handle losing. it's always someone else's fault when he
    fails. whiney lil ****.
    What is a chode?
    The following users like this post: ouflak

Call it the Prick Play.

Won them the title over prick Saban

Originally Posted by Bubblehead View Post
    What is a chode?
    a **** that is bigger around than it is long. A short, but fat ****.

What is a chode?
    different uses but the perineum/anus region. also spelled choad.
    The following users like this post: TIMB0B

Originally Posted by htownSOONER View Post
    3 years ago it was no huddle, now it will be the pick play.

Sour puss loser.
    Well, let them schedule to replay the NC game. I'm sure Clemson will go along with that.
    The following users like this post: Bob

the earlier one was more of what you described.

@BruceFeldmanCFB
    Dabo on fire: The guy that called us a 'fraud'..Ask Alabama if we're a fraud. Ask Ohio State if we're a fraud. As Oklahoma if we're a fraud.
    Those pick plays were frauds.

Originally Posted by OUMick View Post

No, but sometimes there is what you call "pay back." Like the guy earlier said, "the Pick is already illegal, and sometimes it gets called and sometimes it doesn't." I do hear what you're saying though, and agree with you also.

I bet Saban gives a flying fuk what any moron on this site thinks. He has to hire a person just to carry all of his National championship trophies. Glad Dabo won one though. The two biggest winners in cfb on that field tonight.
    The following users like this post: blackfrancois

Originally Posted by jakel View Post
    I bet Saban gives a flying fuk what any moron on this site thinks. He has to hire a person just to carry all of his National championship trophies. Glad Dabo won one though. The two biggest winners in cfb on that field tonight.

I hear he reads our comments every night. Trying to get that "edge" on everybody, you know.

The following users like this post: zcaa0g

Nope is was a rub!!! Saw Bama do the same thing on a couple of their screen plays.

Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post

Originally Posted by Boomer69

Nope is was a rub!!! Saw Bama do the same thing on a couple of their screen plays.
    I might be wrong, but I believe that if the pass is behind the line of scrimmage, then you can run a pick.

Or the targeting that never got called.

What is a chode?
    It rest between the eightisgreat and the Boomermagic.....

They should first make a rule allowing refs to call pass interference against Bama.

The Big 12 crew is reviewing the handoff of the national championship trophy as we speak ....
    8 users like BehindEnemyLines's post: AmericanMuscle, Bob, Budong, cccasooner2, h-townsooner, Hogarita, soonerguru, Starscreacher

Originally Posted by SilksKS View Post
    They should first make a rule allowing refs to call pass interference and targeting against Bama.
    FIFY

Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
    So Saban had one rubbed out at the end of the game? Then it wasn't a TOTAL loss for him.

Saban should looked into this new fangled "completed forward pass"..

Apparently those aren't allowed in the SEC yet.
    4 users like sappstuf's post: gratefulRed, h-townsooner, soonerguru, Starscreacher

Originally Posted by BehindEnemyLines View Post
    FIFY
    Yep. That specific DB often goes after top players with hits to the head early in games. I think he did this early in the game against Texas A&M this year. Almost like this is a plan

How many cheap shots did Alabama get away with?----I lost count

Originally Posted by gratefulRed View Post
    I wanted Clemson to win...but the "pick" type play is very very subjectively called and I would be pissed too....if my team was on the losing end of those kind of plays.
    No doubt. That Clemson wr came off the line ready to screen the db. Hey, it worked.

Saw title. Thought it had something to do with taking pictures during the game.
    The following users like this post: Balko

Considering Rueben Foster should have been ejected 3 plays in and Tony Brown should've gotten the boot too, I'd say Bama came out alright in the refereeing department

I bet Saban's dog had to go to the vet this morning.....
    The following users like this post: sooneron

Calls evened out as Bama could easily have had two players ejected early...but an emphasis on more consistent calling of offensive PI wouldn't be bad for OU trying to survive 10 Big 12 games. We'll usually have the talent advantage in those DB/WR matchups and taking out DBs levels the playing field.

Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    How many cheap shots did Alabama get away with?----I lost count
    Alabama got away with penalties all game. Some of the early non calls seemed to be the definition of the "targeting" penalty.

And their WWF belt is something I'd expect from a PJ Fleck coached mid major, but is really pretty stupid for a team like Alabama

Originally Posted by gratefulRed View Post
    a **** that is bigger around than it is long. A short, but fat ****.
    Originally Posted by RockE View Post
    different uses but the perineum/anus region. also spelled choad.
    i've always used it as a synonym for taint. But through my years, it sounds like for the majority, it is graeful's definition
    The following users like this post: RockE

Dabo wins the biggest game of his life and he is worried about something a radio hack said months ago...ya better get thick skin quick there bub...you are on top and there are going to be lots of daggers coming your way.

@BruceFeldmanCFB
    Dabo on fire: The guy that called us a 'fraud'..Ask Alabama if we're a fraud. Ask Ohio State if we're a fraud. As Oklahoma if we're a fraud.
    Dabuu came across as ****ing little winner to me...

Well we all know the real reason Bama lost is because they weren't really up for the game since it wasn't a national championsh... oh wait.