#ST2k18 Discussion Thread

Posted 314 day(s) ago by StoopsIsLoose353096 Views 2102 Replies
Results 2,001 to 2,050 of 2103
Page 41 of 43 31 39 40 41 42 43
    Originally Posted by northspeter View Post
    They said he wanted to make it special for his mom.. I'm guessing a video presentation..

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    Staff is getting antsy with said commit. I think it was White, which is staying an extra day in Austin, coincidentally. LOL.

Originally Posted by BobStoopsGinger View Post
    Staff is getting antsy with said commit. I think it was White, which is staying an extra day in Austin, coincidentally. LOL.
    Wait...I thought he wasn’t going to Austin, so now he’s there even longer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White is not coming here and I am fine with it. We are in on better guys.
    The following users like this post: IKE93

Originally Posted by SixBean View Post
    Wait...I thought he wasn’t going to Austin, so now he’s there even longer?

Yep. He was going to ATM, then changed his mind to go to Texsa. Supposedly, his Mom and another Mom is trying to push him to Texsa hardcore. SMH.

Originally Posted by BobStoopsGinger View Post
    Yep. He was going to ATM, then changed his mind to go to Texsa. Supposedly, his Mom and another Mom is trying to push him to Texsa hardcore. SMH.
    He can go there and then say "We are going bowling" when they get to 5-5 like they did last week.
    The following users like this post: whiskeytangofoxtrot

Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    He can go there and then say "We are going bowling" when they get to 5-5 like they did last week.
    They ain't there yet. Herman is checking those graduation rates as we speak.

Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    They won five games last year and still didn’t get selected for a bowl

In future years since the offense is in great shape and I feel we are finally now recruiting well in other defensive positions the only thing really standing in the way of OU becoming truly elite and dominate football program is a great defensive line with depth…

With things not looking great now w/ Unije, Id love to see that scholly go to a War Daddy on the defense.
    4 users like AlvinMack55's post: Milehisooner, peckerwood22, thatsoonerfan89, whiskeytangofoxtrot

Seriously. Can we start recruiting multiple 4-5* DTs??
    The following users like this post: landrun

I think he will commit unless he wants to take other visits but he is ours to lose

Originally Posted by CATdaddy10 View Post
    Seriously. Can we start recruiting multiple 4-5* DTs??
    I agree but if you were that type of DT would you want to play in the big 12? I'm not bashing the league or the kids. Its just a fact that in SEC and Big 10 you going to get more interior action.

You know that is what we are up against when recruiting against those schols

Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I agree but if you were that type of DT would you want to play in the big 12? I'm not bashing the league or the kids. Its just a fact that in SEC and Big 10 you going to get more interior action.

I love lamp may just show em what a little effort can get you
    2 users like boomersooner52's post: Milehisooner, NickDangerThirdEye

Originally Posted by AlvinMack55 View Post
    With things not looking great now w/ Unije, Id love to see that scholly go to a War Daddy on the defense.
    Where is Unije likely to end up?

i can see that other ))><(( teams would struggle getting high end dlinemen to commit, but ou always has a great offense. as a defensive player, deciding to pick ou over any of the non-bama/tosu teams out there makes a lot of sense.

1. you don't have as much competition for playing time.
    2. if you play well, your name becomes a household name (obo/striker/etc...).
    3. if the defense plays somewhat respectably, you have one of the clearest paths to the playoffs of any team.
    4. even if the defense sucks (including yourself), the offense is usually so good that you will get 2 or 3 ))><(( rings in your tenure.
    5. assuming nothing crazy happens (knock on wood), you know who your head coach will be (and who wouldn't want to play for riley?).
    6. play well enough (and don't make stupid choices), and you'll get drafted.
    7. if you have good enough genes, you'll get drafted in the early rounds no matter where you play ball in college.
    2 users like p23570's post: Milehisooner, thatsoonerfan89

Originally Posted by thatsoonerfan89 View Post
    Where is Unije likely to end up?
    If he's a grade casualty, juco.. Otherwise he's Oklahoma's to lose...

Originally Posted by northspeter View Post
    If he's a grade casualty, juco.. Otherwise he's Oklahoma's to lose...

So, the delay isn't too concerning?

OU moved away from him. Don't expect him to be apart of this class.
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger

It's apparently a grade issue

I mean, it makes sense. But it seems like elite teams, regardless of the conference, can still recruit DTs, while OU struggles with it
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger

We can offer Anthony Cook playing time as a true freshman
    Last edited by TheBoots; November 14th, 2017 at 09:40 AM.

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    Wrong class dawg

2 users like AcousticSoup's post: BobStoopsGinger, thatsoonerfan89

I said this in the other thread, but I'm not buying the grade excuse. There is no way you are failing classes at IMG academy. It's a school created for the specific purpose of getting kids D1 athletics scholarships. They aren't going to give a kid failing grades, that kills their business model.

We can offer Anthony Cook playing time as a true freshman
    Ok, I'll bite.....what's the story here?

Originally Posted by txbbcoach4OU View Post
    Ok, I'll bite.....what's the story here?
    Our secondary has had some challenges. Cook is the 2nd ranked CB in the nation.

Match made in heaven.

Since the Jumpman, Jordan, Griffin videos, and the great team performances, why have there not been more commitments in the last few days? (serious question)

Originally Posted by JohnGmaj7 View Post
    Since the Jumpman, Jordan, Griffin videos, and the great team performances, why have there not been more commitments in the last few days? (serious question)
    The kids left on the board want to make a spectacle out of the thing with announcements at All-American games or on signing day.
    3 users like sperry's post: Bear_Jew, BehindEnemyLines, Manu

Our secondary has had some challenges. Cook is the 2nd ranked CB in the nation.

Match made in heaven.
    Yeah but he seems to be a pretty strong longhorn lean...

Originally Posted by smusooner View Post
    Yeah but he seems to be a pretty strong longhorn lean...
    But how many DB's can they take?! Serious question: Are we in on any elite CB's? Or, is it Woodbey, Proctor, O'Neal, for S, & NOT in that order?

Per other boards, Herman seems to be negatively recruiting against our defense for some top players. Which is smart I guess.

Originally Posted by txbbcoach4OU View Post
    But how many DB's can they take?! Serious question: Are we in on any elite CB's? Or, is it Woodbey, Proctor, O'Neal, for S, & NOT in that order?
    Bookie is an elite corner by most accounts.

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    Per other boards, Herman seems to be negatively recruiting against our defense for some top players. Which is smart I guess.
    Yea. I was surprised to see that TFB note on White, that he is the one Riley really really wants to get. I kind of figured that was Scott that was really wanted.
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

With all those Texas draft picks the last several years, who can resist the kiss?

You don’t say?

LOL.
    3 users like OU812's post: BobStoopsGinger, CalSOONER, DirtySouth_Sooner

Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    I said this in the other thread, but I'm not buying the grade excuse. There is no way you are failing classes at IMG academy. It's a school created for the specific purpose of getting kids D1 athletics scholarships. They aren't going to give a kid failing grades, that kills their business model.
    If a kid doesn't turn in his work then he'll earn a failing grade...ain't no teacher bout to risk their livelihood for a kid playing sports
    2 users like IKE93's post: beelzeBob, thatsoonerfan89

Originally Posted by IKE93 View Post
    If a kid doesn't turn in his work then he'll earn a failing grade...ain't no teacher bout to risk their livelihood for a kid playing sports
    Lol please. Shit happens all the time. Teachers basically can’t get fired and most don’t care.
    The following users like this post: oupunk

Malik Jefferson is a 3rd round talent and have seen it in mock draft(s) as such. NFL execs see Connor Williams as a 4th rounder. Not sure what Herman is selling.
    The following users like this post: thatsoonerfan89

You'd be surprised

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Malik Jefferson is a 3rd round talent and have seen it in mock draft(s) as such. NFL execs see Connor Williams as a 4th rounder. Not sure what Herman is selling.
    Is Williams the safety? Number 4?

Originally Posted by Hang Half a Hundred View Post
    Lol please. Shit happens all the time. Teachers basically can’t get fired and most don’t care.
    I'll leave it at this...if a kid is somehow passing your class all year but can't manage to pass his STAARR test (Texas HS requirement) said teacher will most likely have some questions to answer...but..I could be wrong...BOOMER!

I'll leave it at this...if a kid is somehow passing your class all year but can't manage to pass his STAARR test (Texas HS requirement) said teacher will most likely have some questions to answer...but..I could be wrong...BOOMER!
    Not every state has the same requirements and culpability.

This isn't a school. It's a football factory.
    The following users like this post: IKE93

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    It just seems like a weak sales attempt that can quite easily have holes poked in it.

“Hey Coach Riley, Coach Herman pointed out that your defense is ranked in the 70s so maybe it’s not best for me.”
    “Oh, so is Coach Herman telling all the offensive recruits not to come to Texas because their offense is garbage? Did he tell you about all the national exposure players on 5-5 teams get?”

So are any of the IMG kids going to end up here (aside from Pledger who actually committed)?

Herman can say whatever he wants. Lincoln can also tell recruits some things. Best offense in CFB. Scoreboard on texas. Coming soon, Watch us in the playoff. He can also tell recruits texas is irrelevant in CFB and OU is at the center of it all. All true.

If a kid wants to go to texas because Herman is neg recruiting, then he likely wanted to go there anyway because Herman can’t say shit about texas being better than OU in any way.
    4 users like OU812's post: AlvinMack55, BAMFSooner, CalSOONER, chris9996

I’ve always been of the opinion that negative recruiting is a loser’s strategy. I’d be curious to know if it is something every coach does or just certain coaches?

Riley doesn’t really seem like that type, but I️ could be wrong.

4 users like Bear_Jew's post: B_dub, DirtySouth_Sooner, OU812, veyron_80

Are we going to lose Scott because we’re waiting on white? I’d say take Scott and AA regardless of whatever White does.

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    It just seems like a weak sales attempt that can quite easily have holes poked in it.

“Hey Coach Riley, Coach Herman pointed out that your defense is ranked in the 70s so maybe it’s not best for me.”
    “Oh, so is Coach Herman telling all the offensive recruits not to come to Texas because their offense is garbage? Did he tell you about all the national exposure players on 5-5 teams get?”
    Agreed for the most part as I think negative recruiting is a desperate tactic. However, the difference in the pitch would be that Herman is building a new "culture" for offense and defense blah blah blah where OU's defense is what it is and not gonna change (thanks Stoops).
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

OU could just as easily show White the number of freshmen and sophomores OU is playing with on defense and tell him how they will be improving and that he can be part of this improvement…..not to mention that OU will have a pretty good offense allowing OU to win.
    OU football is the class of the Big 12….and our recruiting is improving.
    3 users like OU48A's post: AlvinMack55, Bear_Jew, ChocoLab

Originally Posted by Bear_Jew View Post
    I’ve always been of the opinion that negative recruiting is a loser’s strategy. I’d be curious to know if it is something every coach does or just certain coaches?

Riley doesn’t really seem like that type, but I️ could be wrong.

I know of a few times a coach recruited negatively against a program and the recruit was turned off by it. one was a coach telling the player how awful of a state Oklahoma is the player said i don't care I'm here to play football.
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

I want AA to commit already. IMO he's every bit as good a LB recruit as Kelly was and would easily be the top defensive recruit in this class.
    The following users like this post: Breadburner