#ST2k18 Discussion Thread

Posted 99 day(s) ago by StoopsIsLoose45300 Views 377 Replies
Page 8 of 8 6 7 8
    cam rising on the front of espn's college football page:

Recruits to watch for...
    Every top 25 team has an eye toward the future, looking for the player it hopes is the next big thing. At Oklahoma, that's QB Cameron Rising.
    4 users like blackfrancois's post: CrimsonOberon, northspeter, RockE, Tempesooner56

Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    cam rising on the front of espn's college football page:

Recruits to watch for...
    Every top 25 team has an eye toward the future, looking for the player it hopes is the next big thing. At Oklahoma, that's QB Cameron Rising.
    Well he better start recruiting some more kids to play on the defensive side.
    3 users like htownSOONER's post: AcousticSoup, BobStoopsGinger, p23570

So apparently we are expecting a commitment on defense soon, any guesses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: northspeter

Originally Posted by Bear_Jew View Post
    So apparently we are expecting a commitment on defense soon, any guesses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    a DB..
    Verone McKinley or Leon O'Neal would be nice but I don't have a name yet..

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

Last edited by northspeter; April 20th, 2017 at 05:33 PM.

Originally Posted by northspeter View Post
    but I don't have a name..

You poor thing. How have you made it this far in life?
    The following users like this post: northspeter

Last edited by northspeter; April 20th, 2017 at 07:20 PM.

Starrland Baldwin is a name I'm seeing out there..

Afternoon Delight?
    3 users like Mjcpr's post: NickDangerThirdEye, RockE, Sooner Nation

Starrland Baldwin is a name I'm seeing out there..

Not overwhelmed
    2 users like barlowd's post: northspeter, RDC212

Damn ... horns lit up the 247 board with their crystal ball projections with our offers. ****s.

Damn, some of our guys made the mistake of committing to OU before ESPN's first rankings came out. Sucks for Walker and Pledger.
    4 users like Jbaker's post: BobStoopsGinger, laxtothemax12, Malicong, RDC212

Alright so who out there will OU go at QB?

Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post
    Alright so who out there will OU go at QB?
    http://247sports.com/player/spencer-sanders-76560

No idea.. & it may not matter if Riley isn't going to be here.. That's the only way I think Rising would've switched.. Herman convinced him this is Riley's last year in Norman..

That is one possibility--though I would be wondering what Casey Thompson's mindset is, at the moment. He just got recruited over.

Originally Posted by CrimsonOberon View Post
    That is one possibility--though I would be wondering what Casey Thompson's mindset is, at the moment. He just got recruited over.
    Its like Herman just kissed him. then turned around and farted in his face.

Who is up?

Adrian Martinez 4* from new mexico currently committed to Cal

Tanner McKee is from California and is a 4* expected to go to Stanford, but Stanford already is set at QB for 2018

Dorian Thompson is a Bishop Gorman, 4* dual threat QB with eyes on UCLA and Michigan, showing he will travel.

Justin Rogers 4* DT QB has been slow rolling LSU and has already shown interest in Big 12 teams

Spencer Sanders was predicted to go OU before we got the verbal from Rising

Gerry Bohanon is an intriguing 4* QB DT out of Arkansas who is looking outside of the SEC, holds and offer from Bama

Tanner Mordecai is poachable from Waco
    2 users like TheBoots's post: TheBorenSupremacy, Vodnik

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    Who is up?

Tanner McKee is from California and is a 4* expected to go to Stanford, but Stanford already is set at QB for 2018

Dorian Thompson is a Bishop Gorman, 4* dual threat QB with eyes on UCLA and Michigan, showing he will travel.

Justin Rogers 4* DT QB has been slow rolling LSU and has already shown interest in Big 12 teams

Gerry Bohanon is an intriguing 4* QB DT out of Arkansas who is looking outside of the SEC, holds and offer from Bama

Plenty of options. Get the best recruiter.
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger

Given UT's record with touted QBs since Colt, probably not too worried
    2 users like AppalachianSooner's post: BobStoopsGinger, soonerUthenMe

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    Who is up?

Of the pro-style guys, how many have the mobility that Lincoln Riley covets?

I don't particulary want Casey. i respect the family name but his arm strength isnt on point to run a true air raid. I don't want the OK State qb very much either, seems like a project and future transfer. I'd rather go all in o a 2019 kid now, and shift the qb scholarship to be used elsewhere - yes i know that's risky but we're not hurting for QBs on campus
    The following users like this post: RockFlagandEagle

Originally Posted by htownSOONER View Post
    Well he better start recruiting some more kids to play on the defensive side.
    Well this explains why the class was stale. He wasn't doing a damn thing.

Originally Posted by StoopsIsLoose View Post
    I don't particulary want Casey. i respect the family name but his arm strength isnt on point to run a true air raid. I don't want the OK State qb very much either, seems like a project and future transfer. I'd rather go all in o a 2019 kid now, and shift the qb scholarship to be used elsewhere - yes i know that's risky but we're not hurting for QBs on campus
    A transfer & an injury is all it takes... That's why you sign one every class.. & we've got offers out to 2019 guys already, so they're being recruited.. Got to get a 2018 guy in the fold to start leading the class..

The following users like this post: CrimsonOberon

Originally Posted by htownSOONER View Post
    Well this explains why the class was stale. He wasn't doing a damn thing.
    I didn't expect the flip. That said, there has been smoke for a while. I am beginning to come to the same conclusion about Rising.

Robison committed last year and went to work recruiting others. Whomever Riley goes after to replace Rising, he needs to be vocal and bleed crimson and cream. I would rather Lincoln Riley go after a dual-threat guy. Maybe even that Bishop Gorman kid.

I didn't expect the flip. That said, there has been smoke for a while. I am beginning to come to the same conclusion about Rising.

Robison committed last year and went to work recruiting others. Whomever Riley goes after to replace Rising, he needs to be vocal and bleed crimson and cream. I would rather Lincoln Riley go after a dual-threat guy. Maybe even that Bishop Gorman kid.
    So there was smoke Rising?
    The following users like this post: CrimsonOberon

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    So there was smoke Rising?
    I groaned a little bit, but I salute effort.

A transfer & an injury is all it takes... That's why you sign one every class.. & we've got offers out to 2019 guys already, so they're being recruited.. Got to get a 2018 guy in the fold to start leading the class..

It's a risk, but still. Murray, Kendall, Robison can last a year if need be you can always find a grad transfer. If we're not going to get an elite prospect that can push for time its essentially buying travelers insurance for a day trip to Oklahoma City - not needed

Here's a blog I just read. There's only two names in there that even remotely interest me

Originally Posted by StoopsIsLoose View Post
    It's a risk, but still. Murray, Kendall, Robison can last a year if need be you can always find a grad transfer. If we're not going to get an elite prospect that can push for time its essentially buying travelers insurance for a day trip to Oklahoma City - not needed

Here's a blog I just read. There's only two names in there that even remotely interest me

Murray wins the job next spring.. Kendall decides to transfer.. Robison gets a stress fracture in his foot.... What do you have?

That's why you sign one every year...

Murray wins the job next spring.. Kendall decides to transfer.. Robison gets a stress fracture in his foot.... What do you have?

That's why you sign one every year...

In your scenario : you find a grad transfer in the spring/bring in a juco arm. its as good as settling for just another guy at qb and less years of a scholarship commitment