#ST2k18 Discussion Thread

Posted 217 day(s) ago by StoopsIsLoose211026 Views 1697 Replies
Results 1,651 to 1,698 of 1698
Page 34 of 34 24 32 33 34
    Originally Posted by CrimsonOberon View Post
    What it shows is, we've had the four and five-star guys, class after class--they just haven't all panned out. Bryce Youngquist was an unbelievable curveball. Nobody saw that coming. Arthur McGinnis looked like a can't-miss linebacker prospect with a pedigree and even a nickname coming in--that just didn't translate to the field.

I'm not worried about getting linebacking talent to Norman. I just want to see better development at that position. Hell, even Cale Gundy missed on a few five stars. You could just rely on him to always put out a backfield that could make plays every year. It's not unreasonable to want that from every position. If Kish isn't the guy to do it, I trust Lincoln Riley to go out there and find the one who can.

Having said that, don't count me in the Lynch Kish Brigade. Tim Kish was the primary recruiter for Obo, Kenneth Murray, Mark Andrews, Levi Draper, Addison Gumbs, Jon-Michael Terry, K'Jakyre Daley and Jordan Evans among others. He has rebounded from his early tenure well enough for me to give him a shot under Lincoln Riley. Having a recruiting head coach like Riley may end up having a titanic effect on recruiting at every position.
    Why did McGinnis look like a can't miss propsect ?He didn't even have an offer from LSU.The kid is a horrible football player this coming from ex players .
    Same with way with MUTIPLE other SEC regional prospects that none of the legit schools offered but somehow they were steals .Guess what they never did anything .

Originally Posted by Sooner 1234 View Post
    Why did McGinnis look like a can't miss propsect ?He didn't even have an offer from LSU.The kid is a horrible football player this coming from ex players .
    Same with way with MUTIPLE other SEC regional prospects that none of the legit schools offered but somehow they were steals .Guess what they never did anything .
    Punctuation is everyone's friend.

Bedenbaugh putting in work.
    2 users like CrimsonOberon's post: OU48A, Sooner Showtime

If BB keeps recruiting at this level, it won't matter who plays RB. OL is the foundation of the offense and he's killing it. What a great hire he's turned out to be.

Show him the money!
    5 users like OU812's post: BobStoopsGinger, Boomer6671, CrimsonOberon, OU48A, RockE

BB, is killing it right now, by far the best unit on the team and the best young position group on the team and the best recruits committed. Hard to have any complaints about that guy.
    4 users like barrister's post: BobStoopsGinger, DelMarSooner, OU48A, SitOnMyBoomer

Originally Posted by barrister View Post
    BB, is killing it right now, by far the best unit on the team and the best young position group on the team and the best recruits committed. Hard to have any complaints about that guy.
    And the crazy part is, I don't think he's done yet either. (Unije) could be calling soon.
    4 users like BobStoopsGinger's post: Bear_Jew, Deepfried, northspeter, RDC212

Last edited by BobStoopsGinger; August 14th, 2017 at 03:20 PM.

Any chance OU goes after DT Israel Antwine?

Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    They are in contact with him. He's plan C and arguably D at this moment.

Originally Posted by TheJaffe View Post
    They are in contact with him. He's plan C and arguably D at this moment.
    I take that as good news

I take that as good news
    Hopefully. They're are simply willing to wait on people like Brown, Carson, Trout and probably the juco Gooden. Only need one of them to take the bait.
    2 users like TheJaffe's post: BobStoopsGinger, thatsoonerfan89

Things look good with Bobby brown, and hopefully the sooners can reel in Carson! That guy looks like he has some real potential.

Originally Posted by Ozia View Post
    Things look good with Bobby brown, and hopefully the sooners can reel in Carson! That guy looks like he has some real potential.
    Brown is Tweeting a ton of Whorn shit lately.

Who was the last Millwood kid OU got? Doubt OU puts much effort here.

Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Last one who did anything at OU was Joey Mickey back in '89. After that, just a couple of walk-ons.
    The following users like this post: OU48A

Yep, Millwood has never been a hot bed of HS football. I was looking over the OSU offer and commit list wondering if OU might go after anyone. Looks like slim pickens as far as OU goes.

Originally Posted by Boomer6671 View Post
    Punctuation is everyone's friend.
    but he can count!

Originally Posted by BobStoopsGinger View Post
    Brown is Tweeting a ton of Whorn shit lately.
    He can't sleep at night, he tosses and turns listenin' for the telephone.
    But when he gets their call he's all choked up, can't believe they called his home.
    And as a matter of fact, it blows his mind they would even talk to him.
    Because a school like theirs is a dream come true, a real life fantasy.

Just putting this here --- how are we still grabbing up offensive linemen?

Unless some of them are switching sides (seems unlikely) we are set at OL for a long long time. Bill Bedenbaugh is doing an excellent job but I was surprised we are still picking up guys on the line. We can't field an entire team of these guys.
    The following users like this post: OU48A

Originally Posted by OnlyOneBubbaMoses View Post

Unless some of them are switching sides (seems unlikely) we are set at OL for a long long time. Bill Bedenbaugh is doing an excellent job but I was surprised we are still picking up guys on the line. We can't field an entire team of these guys.
    Bowling ball offense. 10 guys blocking and 1 fat guy running. Good for a guaranteed 5 yards every play
    8 users like greensooner's post: Bear_Jew, BobStoopsGinger, CalSOONER, laxtothemax12, OU812, RDC212, RockE, VA_Sooner

A few months ago I was told by someone who graduated from Millwood about 10 years ago that OU is often viewed as the rich man’s school and therefore often looked down on.
    Maybe by signing athletes in other sports OU could gradually start to change that perception?

Man, Texas fans are so delusional.

Originally Posted by OnlyOneBubbaMoses View Post

Thats what top 5 teams do. Look at Bama, tOSU....ect
    3 users like Vodnik's post: BobStoopsGinger, CrimsonOberon, RDC212

Mandrell Dean

Thats what top 5 teams do. Look at Bama, tOSU....ect
    This. There is no such thing as having enough guys in the trenches--both offensive and defensive.
    4 users like CrimsonOberon's post: Bear_Jew, B_dub, RDC212, thatsoonerfan89

This. There is no such thing as having enough guys in the trenches--both offensive and defensive.
    This! We are as deep at OLine as I can ever remember. One goes does there a replacement that could start for most on other teams in the country in waiting. Good problem to have.

Originally Posted by B_dub View Post
    This! We are as deep at OLine as I can ever remember. One goes does there a replacement that could start for most on other teams in the country in waiting. Good problem to have.
    THIS! I HAVE NOTHING NEW TO ADD!
    The following users like this post: B_dub

Not sure who he's referring to, but...

4 users like OhioBornSoonerBred's post: Bear_Jew, CrimsonOberon, northspeter, Vodnik

Originally Posted by OhioBornSoonerBred View Post
    Not sure who he's referring to, but...

A Baylor safety commit that we are targeting decommitted last night. Could be related?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3 users like Bear_Jew's post: B_dub, H82Lose, northspeter

Originally Posted by Bear_Jew View Post
    A Baylor safety commit that we are targeting decommitted last night. Could be related?

Most likely.
    2 users like RDC212's post: Bear_Jew, northspeter

His ranking is atrocious, but when you actually watch his film, dude absolutely flies to the football. Have no idea how he is the coverage though.
    2 users like B_dub's post: Bear_Jew, WestCoastSooner

Dellarin Turner-Yell....whoever that is...
    The following users like this post: northspeter

Yeah, hoping it's not him and it's someone else. Turner-Yell will be OU's for a while. Would like a surprise.

What it shows is, we've had the four and five-star guys, class after class--they just haven't all panned out. Bryce Youngquist was an unbelievable curveball. Nobody saw that coming. Arthur McGinnis looked like a can't-miss linebacker prospect with a pedigree and even a nickname coming in--that just didn't translate to the field.

I'm not worried about getting linebacking talent to Norman. I just want to see better development at that position. Hell, even Cale Gundy missed on a few five stars. You could just rely on him to always put out a backfield that could make plays every year. It's not unreasonable to want that from every position. If Kish isn't the guy to do it, I trust Lincoln Riley to go out there and find the one who can.

Having said that, don't count me in the Lynch Kish Brigade. Tim Kish was the primary recruiter for Obo, Kenneth Murray, Mark Andrews, Levi Draper, Addison Gumbs, Jon-Michael Terry, K'Jakyre Daley and Jordan Evans among others. He has rebounded from his early tenure well enough for me to give him a shot under Lincoln Riley. Having a recruiting head coach like Riley may end up having a titanic effect on recruiting at every position.
    I wish posters would stop mentioning this kids name unless you 'insiders' are going to spill the beans to what really happened to him and why he didn't enroll...my guess is he either went to prison or contracted a deadly disease....BOOMER!

His ranking is atrocious, but when you actually watch his film, dude absolutely flies to the football. Have no idea how he is the coverage though.
    I liked his film, he flies around but he seems kinda small for a safety..

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    2 users like northspeter's post: Bear_Jew, WestCoastSooner

Originally Posted by northspeter View Post
    I liked his film, he flies around but he seems kinda small for a safety..

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    Well let's hope he can turn into TJ 2.0. He's listed as an inch shorter than TJ.

The following users like this post: northspeter

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    He can't sleep at night, he tosses and turns listenin' for the telephone.
    But when he gets their call he's all choked up, can't believe they called his home.
    And as a matter of fact, it blows his mind they would even talk to him.
    Because a school like theirs is a dream come true, a real life fantasy.

He works so hard for them from 9 to 5.
    So his coach can have the finer things in life.
    But they're the kind of fans who're never satisfied.

Originally Posted by RDC212 View Post
    Most likely.
    Originally Posted by BehindEnemyLines View Post
    Dellarin Turner-Yell....whoever that is...

Unfortunately, it sounds like the coaching staff now considers Proctor a lost cause and are, more or less, throwing in the towel.

Originally Posted by S00nerJay View Post
    Unfortunately, it sounds like the coaching staff now considers Proctor a lost cause and are, more or less, throwing in the towel.
    As much as I hate them, we should probably root for penn state to win the conference for the second straight year as well as beat them in CBus. Maybe we'll be able to flip one of those safeties.

The following users like this post: H82Lose

As much as I hate them, we should probably root for penn state to win the conference for the second straight year as well as beat them in CBus. Maybe we'll be able to flip one of those safeties.

Won't root for PederastSU. It sickened me to root for USC in the Rose, but I had to.
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

Originally Posted by S00nerJay View Post
    What about CJ smith? A lot of crystal balls to OU. 4* safety.

Also, saw hunter spears 4* DE 2019 tweeting about joining new wave blah blah. Don't know if that's a commitment or just trying to create a buzz on twitter.

Last Baylor DB commit we flipped turned out well. We can haz moar?
    3 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: Jimmon, northspeter, RDC212

Not sure if serious....

2 users like AcousticSoup's post: CalSOONER, thatsoonerfan89

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    Not sure if serious....

Not....
    The following users like this post: AcousticSoup

So no one committed today?

Originally Posted by D1ehard5oon3r View Post
    So no one committed today?
    Not publicly...
    The following users like this post: D1ehard5oon3r

Really though, anyone who was seriously interested in that program around 2013-15 raises questions for me. It sounds like they used that culture to recruit. Newer (post-Briles) recruits are fine though.

Sanchez?

Cobb was an OU commit that Baylor flipped!