Game of Thrones Season 7

Posted 363 day(s) ago by Cooter Brown120843 Views 1295 Replies
Page 6 of 26 4 5 6 7 8 16

Originally Posted by Tao Chemical View Post
    Me too. I wonder if it is setting her up to decide who to support in a developing rift between Sansa (Crush them all) Stark and Jon (People are people and we need all the people together) Snow
    I actually loved the scene with the Umber boy and Karstark girl when Jon called them up. I thought it really drove the point Jon was pushing home.
    5 users like SoonerSapper's post: Bear_Jew, Bruce, Keef, mgsooner, Tao Chemical

That jacket Urine Greyjoy was wearing was kick ass.

5 users like soonerbornsoonerbrett's post: Keef, mgsooner, SiggyPoke, SoonerBornPanda, Uncle Mo

Originally Posted by SoonerSapper View Post
    The Hound mentioned he saw a "Mountain." #CleganeBowl confirmed GET HYPE!!!!
    he also said it was shaped like an arrowhead... so...
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

Originally Posted by soonerbornsoonerbrett View Post

Dany's outfit was pretty fly too.
    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke

Originally Posted by SoonerSapper View Post
    I actually loved the scene with the Umber boy and Karstark girl when Jon called them up. I thought it really drove the point Jon was pushing home.
    Yeah I thought it was great.

R. Kelly's Golden Stream
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    There seems to be a lot of people mad online about the choice to put Ed Sheeran in the show. I have a question: who the **** is Ed Sheeran?
    Exactly. Don't know him and don't care.

Question for book readers: Is the show past them?

he also said it was shaped like an arrowhead... so...
    Wait, I've been to a hill mass called the Arrowhead due to its shape. Oh shit, #CleganBowl will be at Fort Irwin! Dammit and I just left there.
    2 users like SoonerSapper's post: Tao Chemical, Uncle Mo

Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post

Blown by the books or have completely gone down a different path.
    The following users like this post: SoopaSooner

Me too. I wonder if it is setting her up to decide who to support in a developing rift between Sansa (Crush them all) Stark and Jon (People are people and we need all the people together) Snow
    Jon and Sansa are working through the change in their relationship...Sansa is used to Jon being her brother, now he is the King of North and it will take time for them to both adjust. I think Jon is smart to know that Sansa can be a good source of information and ideas. I wonder how long it will take for the series to reunite the Stark kids? Rumor has it that they will indeed reunite @ Winterfell...but far into the season?

Sansa is clearly done listening to Littlefinger...and I think his days are numbered. I wonder where that will leave the Knights of the Vale?

It sure seems like the Hound stole the first episode. He really is a complex character...and I can I can't wait for him to kill the Mountain.
    2 users like Cooter Brown's post: Lehmanfan, Turk

Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post

So far past them, they will be in reboot territory before GRRM finishes them. Lmao
    3 users like SoonerBornPanda's post: Bear_Jew, Bob, SoopaSooner

Book people: I had a question while watching the show if the Archmaester Sam was interacting with is supposed to be Marwyn. It appears not. IMDb has him as "Archmaester Ebrose." I don't know if Marwyn will be in the show at all but I'm relieved that the guy Sam was speaking with is not him. Perhaps Sam will encounter Marwyn in the show, which would likely be someone much more sympathetic to his concerns about the army of the dead.

I totally went Barnes on Tombstone when I saw.... Professor Slughorn?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    2 users like Turk's post: SoonerBornPanda, Troker

Originally Posted by soonerbornsoonerbrett View Post

When did Joshua Jackson get the part of Uron?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    4 users like schoonerdriver's post: Bear_Jew, Bob, Rufus T Firefly, SoopaSooner

Funniest comment I have seen on the Twitter web is

For 6 seasons we have gone through War, murder, incest, **** and pillage. By far one of them are as bad as Sam Tully's day to day montage.

5 users like Tattoo Baker's post: Bear_Jew, Bob, Greek Sooner, SiggyPoke, SoopaSooner

Originally Posted by OrionJc View Post
    Actually there's a scene between Tywin and Cersei (Season 4 I think?) where Tywin admits the family gold mines have been exhausted, that they were basically broke, and if anyone learned of that, they'd all be at their throats. I believe he had been lending the crown money and so Cersei is waiting to pay off those family loans before the crown pays off the Iron Bank.
    I remember.

Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    I totally went Barnes on Tombstone when I saw.... Professor Slughorn?
    Right? With some shifty kid trying to get into the restricted books section?
    The following users like this post: Turk

Trivia God
    There is no off position on the Genius Switch.

Originally Posted by SoonerBornPanda View Post
    As to the Ed Sheeran cameo, D&D have basically been trying to get him to cameo for awhile now since Maise is such a fan of his and they wrote that Soldiers scene just so they could get him and Arya at the same place. I will find the article again later and post it. But back to the matters at hand. From the preview for next week, I'm guessing that is Arya's direwolf come back to help raise a lotta hell. Sansa is getting smarter by the minute. Mind you I hated season 1-3 Sansa. "The Mad Queen" isn't really as smart as she thinks she is. She is pissing off all the right people and there was a moment when it like Jamie was horrified by her actions and thought process. He is trying to tell her **** we have not got any friends left and she isn't hearing any of that. Still holding on to hope he is the one to kill her. And how can no one mention that Sam at the Citadel montage?
    The third time Sam did his rounds this started in my warped mind.

3 users like Uncle Mo's post: mgsooner, SiggyPoke, SoonerBornPanda

Originally Posted by D1ehard5oon3r View Post
    I remember.
    MODS, please change D1ehard's name to The North.

tia.

Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    MODS, please change D1ehard's name to The North.

tia.

So, even though the article is annoyingly written, it appears that the point made in it was intentionally done.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03389bb18e4e2

http://www.thewrap.com/game-thrones-...d-hbo-ratings/

I'd like to thank everyone for watching last night. Because of this, we might be able to see a couple of seasons of Prequels.
    2 users like NWOSURanger's post: Bear_Jew, OrionJc

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    So, even though the article is annoyingly written, it appears that the point made in it was intentionally done.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03389bb18e4e2
    While you could spend time (and digital space) to make the argument, I think it simply comes down to this is the first year that Turner didn't die her hair and thus used a wig. It's probably just the same style of wig as they used with Lena several seasons ago.

Originally Posted by NWOSURanger View Post
    http://www.thewrap.com/game-thrones-...d-hbo-ratings/

I'd like to thank everyone for watching last night. Because of this, we might be able to see a couple of seasons of Prequels.
    I really think HBO isn't going to let a chance to milk the cash cow that is GRRM for everything they can get from him. They realize just what they have ahold of material wise. The Game of thrones universe is so vast they could gets years and years worth of spin off shows. wish they would do Dunk and Egg but I think he said it was one of the ones they aren't doing if I remember right.

Originally Posted by SoonerBornPanda View Post
    So far past them, they will be in reboot territory before GRRM finishes them. Lmao
    We will all be dead and gone before the books are done.
    4 users like brokebacksooner's post: Bear_Jew, Bob, SoonerBornPanda, Uncle Mo

6 users like OrionJc's post: beelzeBob, Greek Sooner, Keef, Landfill, SiggyPoke, veyron_80

Originally Posted by brokebacksooner View Post
    We will all be dead and gone before the books are done.
    Definitely seems like it . . . I was telling someone yesterday how long ago I had read the first three books . . . I think I bought all three in 2000.
    2 users like Bob's post: Bear_Jew, brokebacksooner

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Definitely seems like it . . . I was telling someone yesterday how long ago I had read the first three books . . . I think I bought all three in 2000.
    Still better than Robert Jordan. Hell, HE was dead and gone before the series was completed lol.
    The following users like this post: Camel at Sea

How many episodes in before Jaime dumps Cersi and unites with Jon,Sansa and The Amazon....???

8 users like VUGear's post: Bear_Jew, beelzeBob, Bob, Greek Sooner, Keef, SiggyPoke, sooner59, veyron_80

Originally Posted by cfin5256 View Post
    Still better than Robert Jordan. Hell, HE was dead and gone before the series was completed lol.
    Oh I know about Jordan . . . at least he was publishing consistently though. Much more than GRRM.
    2 users like Bob's post: Bear_Jew, cfin5256

Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    How many episodes in before Jaime dumps Cersi and unites with Jon,Sansa and The Amazon....???
    Doubting he will. I think Amazon will slay Jaime.

Originally Posted by ngintunr View Post
    Before she Bones him....???

Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    Before she Bones him....???
    4 users like SiggyPoke's post: Bear_Jew, Midtowner, oorah_okie, SoonerBornPanda

Originally Posted by SiggyPoke View Post
    He might get some of that if she's dead....

Originally Posted by ngintunr View Post
    My money is on Arya. She'll gut both Cersei and him while they are copulating...
    The following users like this post: Keef

Jordan dying was the best thing to happen to the WoT series. The story got so much better after.

#1 on iTunes! My years of shilling has worked!

Bald Move's GoT Podcast: "Dragonstone"
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    #1 on iTunes! My years of shilling has worked!

Bald Move's GoT Podcast: "Dragonstone"
    I've never listened personally but recommended them on FB yesterday largely based on your shilling. Recommended HoW for book readers, BM for non-book readers, and ASX for everybody
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

I've never listened personally but recommended them on FB yesterday largely based on your shilling. Recommended HoW for book readers, BM for non-book readers, and ASX for everybody
    What do you recommend for figuring out Twin Peaks?

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    What do you recommend for figuring out Twin Peaks?
    The only one I've ever listened to is Twin Peaks Rewatch by Idle Thumbs. I enjoy it. It seems to be one of the most popular ones. They do occasionally get a bit deep into film nerdery but not too bad. One thing I will say is they don't spend all of their time trying to analyze "what it all means." There's some of that, but if you're exclusively interested in theories it might not be what you're looking for.
    The following users like this post: beelzeBob

5 users like OrionJc's post: Bk2X, Bob, Keef, nolesooner, oorah_okie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert Jordan wrote, and delivered, 12 books in the Wheel of Time series between 1990 and 2005. That's 12 books in 15 years. The longest wait was a three year wait between Winter's Heart and Crossroads of Twilight. There was a four year wait between Knife of Dreams and The Gathering Storm, but Jordan died in 2007, and there had to be a successor.

George R.R. Martin has delivered 5 books in 21 years. The longest wait is the one currently for The Winds of Winter. It has been over 6 years now since A Dance with Dragons was released, and we still don't have a release date. The wait between A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons was just a few months shy of 6 years. At the rate he's going it will probably be at least 2025 before he finishes A Dream of Spring. That's 28 years to write 7 books.

Yeah, Martin has nothing on Jordan.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Originally Posted by TheRainKing View Post
    Robert Jordan wrote, and delivered, 12 books in the Wheel of Time series between 1990 and 2005. That's 12 books in 15 years. The longest wait was a three year wait between Winter's Heart and Crossroads of Twilight. There was a four year wait between Knife of Dreams and The Gathering Storm, but Jordan died in 2007, and there had to be a successor.

George R.R. Martin has delivered 5 books in 21 years. The longest wait is the one currently for The Winds of Winter. It has been over 6 years now since A Dance with Dragons was released, and we still don't have a release date. The wait between A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons was just a few months shy of 6 years. At the rate he's going it will probably be at least 2025 before he finishes A Dream of Spring. That's 28 years to write 7 books.

Yeah, Martin has nothing on Jordan.
    Jordan's issue was that he lost control of his story--it got too big and he lost direction.

Martin's issue is he's either lazy or just a douchebag. Maybe both.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Jordan's issue was that he lost control of his story--it got too big and he lost direction.

Martin's issue is he's either lazy or just a douchebag. Maybe both.
    Martin's problem is also that he keeps adding characters that he will then focus on instead of sticking with the main players.
    The following users like this post: cfin5256

'Game Of Thrones' Home World Could Actually Exist, Says Science

Imagine living on a world where the seasons were unpredictable: their onset, duration, and severity would be completely unknown. You may go months, years, or decades between winters, and the winters themselves may be mild, severe, or catastrophic, potentially lasting for years themselves. While Earth itself will never experience this type of seasonal chaos, Pluto's outer moons do, as NASA's New Horizons showed us. Equipped with our new understanding of planetary systems, we can scientifically show that the irregular winters in A Song Of Ice And Fire aren't just fantasy after all, and that the world of Westeros must be a moon orbiting a giant double planet.

Teaser released by HBO for the rest of S7

The only big takeaway that I noticed:

Spoiler:
    Randyll Tarly will visit Kings Landing.
    3 users like mgsooner's post: Bear_Jew, Keef, OrionJc

Originally Posted by VUGear View Post
    She's got some 'crazy' in her and is bad at managing money. So...a typical woman.

Teaser released by HBO for the rest of S7

The only big takeaway that I noticed:

Spoiler:
    Randyll Tarly will visit Kings Landing.
    Well, the Lannisters are looking for ANYBODY to align with...
    The following users like this post: mgsooner