Game of Thrones Season 7

Posted 248 day(s) ago by Cooter Brown68712 Views 1305 Replies
Page 6 of 27 4 5 6 7 8 16

Noice!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Anybody notice the Ed Sheeran cameo? Also the preview for next week with what looked like a Dire Wolf? Nymeria? Who knows. Hope that isn't a spoiler. Just a cameo and a preview. I think I left the real episode stuff out. Just hype.

That opening scene was tops! What a way to start the season.

ARYA STARK BTFO'D HOUSE FREY!
    5 users like oorah_okie's post: Bear_Jew, Bruce, Greek Sooner, nolesooner, swpillman

Shall we begin
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

We ask for mercy....awwww **** it, I don't remember the rest. - The Hound

That opening scene was just great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4 users like Bear_Jew's post: Greek Sooner, Hamilton, ouwasp, SiggyPoke

This season is setting up to be epic. If season 7 is as crazy as it looks like it might get, season 8 might be the greatest season of TV in television history.
    The following users like this post: Greek Sooner

Jon was straight up Tywin Lannister. "A good king crushes his enemies in war, but helps them to their feet once they bend the knee."

**** Ed Sheeran.

8 users like SoonerTech's post: Bear_Jew, cbsooner, Morningwood, oorah_okie, qwerty, sooner59, soonervegas, Troker

Excellent beginning.

I really liked Arya's scenes; especially the one with the soldiers.

Originally Posted by OrionJc View Post
    Actually there's a scene between Tywin and Cersei (Season 4 I think?) where Tywin admits the family gold mines have been exhausted, that they were basically broke, and if anyone learned of that, they'd all be at their throats. I believe he had been lending the crown money and so Cersei is waiting to pay off those family loans before the crown pays off the Iron Bank.
    I didn't catch that one. Is that in the books also? If so I missed it twice.

Game of Thrones Season 7

Really enjoyed the scenes with Sandor & the BWB. The scene with Arya & the Lannister soldiers was really good as well.

Thought the KL stuff was good, enjoyed Jaime's contributions and Euron was fine. He promise of a "gift" was sufficiently ominous.

Also enjoyed the Jon/Sansa dynamic. Sansa thinks she's awfully smart at this point, and perhaps she is, but the problem is she's learned from some particularly nasty people and it shows.

The open was a cool fistpump moment provided you don't think about the logistics too much.

My only major dislike in this episode was Dragonstone. What should have been a really neat homecoming scene was marred by the sheer ridiculousness of the castle just sitting there vacant for years. That is just...absurd. For a whole bunch of reasons.

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Really enjoyed the scenes with Sandor & the BWB. The scene with Arya & the Lannister soldiers was really good as well.

Thought the KL stuff was good, enjoyed Jaime's contributions and Euron was fine. He promise of a "gift" was sufficiently ominous.

Also enjoyed the Jon/Sansa dynamic. Sansa thinks she's awfully smart at this point, and perhaps she is, but the problem is she's learned from some particularly nasty people and it shows.

The open was a cool fistpump moment provided you don't think about the logistics too much.

My only major dislike in this episode was Dragonstone. What should have been a really neat homecoming scene was marred by the sheer ridiculousness of the castle just sitting there vacant for years. That is just...absurd. For a whole bunch of reasons.
    Dragonstone wasn't vacant for years though was it? Didn't Stannis spend like 14 years there until he went North. Granted if you are talking about the books then I'll concede as I haven't read them.

Originally Posted by TheJaffe View Post
    Dragonstone wasn't vacant for years though was it? Didn't Stannis spend like 14 years there until he went North. Granted if you are talking about the books then I'll concede as I haven't read them.
    In the show it has apparently just been sitting there vacant since Stannis & Co went north to the wall. Or best case scenario Show Stannis left a small force behind and they deserted when Stannis died. Still, why wouldn't one of the other houses have occupied a castle with massive historical & strategic significance? Hell Jaime & Cersei even discussed that's where Danerys would likely land! Did the light bulb never come on "gee it's just sitting there empty what if we sailed some peeps over there to take it?"

I try my best not to get caught up in details like this, but this one is particularly difficult to stomach. Anyway, onward and upward.
    5 users like mgsooner's post: AquariumDrinker, brokebacksooner, cbsooner, Midtowner, Morningwood

In the show it has apparently just been sitting there vacant since Stannis & Co went north to the wall. Or best case scenario Show Stannis left a small force behind and they deserted when Stannis died. Still, why wouldn't one of the other houses have occupied a castle with massive historical & strategic significance? Hell Jaime & Cersei even discussed that's where Danerys would likely land! Did the light bulb never come on "gee it's just sitting there empty what if we sailed some peeps over there to take it?"

I try my best not to get caught up in details like this, but this one is particularly difficult to stomach. Anyway, onward and upward.
    Only two houses would have made since and one of them was murdered by the sands. It would have made since for the Ironborn, but then again building a thousand ships takes time. Cercei was to ocuppied with all the shit happening in Kingslanding. Little finger is only worried about getting inside of Sansa and Jon is preoccupied with the walkers. Walter Frey wouldn't have the man power to keep it and the old woman was already allied with Daenarys. The only reason I brought up Dorne is because of their past ability to fight dragons and they would have been a good ally for Cersei. I will say though it would seem likely that some petty pirates probably would have set up shop.
    Also I'm not sure Cersei realizing how big those dragons are either. Maybe a case of underestimating her enemy or another example of a poor ruler.....
    The following users like this post: mgsooner

I like how everyone put thought into the strategic location of Dragonstone and it's gaping plot holes and I'm all over here like, "Hey, I think that's the dragon glass mine on Dany's right." And "Oh, look at the old Valyrian masonry." Plus, the disturbing thought of, "Gross. Stannis had his balls on that table."

To each their own, I guess.
    5 users like Kanigget's post: AquariumDrinker, Bear_Jew, mgsooner, Midtowner, Morningwood

Originally Posted by odin's beard View Post
    I didn't catch that one. Is that in the books also? If so I missed it twice.
    It's not in the books, in the show they really didn't make any sort of point if pushing it either.
    The following users like this post: odin's beard

I thought they same thing. In the books we're lead to believe that the Tyrells took it and Lancel was grievously wounded there. I'm ready to see how the books treats Dragonstone and Dany.

As to the Ed Sheeran cameo, D&D have basically been trying to get him to cameo for awhile now since Maise is such a fan of his and they wrote that Soldiers scene just so they could get him and Arya at the same place. I will find the article again later and post it. But back to the matters at hand. From the preview for next week, I'm guessing that is Arya's direwolf come back to help raise a lotta hell. Sansa is getting smarter by the minute. Mind you I hated season 1-3 Sansa. "The Mad Queen" isn't really as smart as she thinks she is. She is pissing off all the right people and there was a moment when it like Jamie was horrified by her actions and thought process. He is trying to tell her **** we have not got any friends left and she isn't hearing any of that. Still holding on to hope he is the one to kill her. And how can no one mention that Sam at the Citadel montage?
    2 users like SoonerBornPanda's post: brokebacksooner, odin's beard

Game of Thrones Season 7

Originally Posted by SoonerBornPanda View Post
    As to the Ed Sheeran cameo, D&D have basically been trying to get him to cameo for awhile now since Maise is such a fan of his and they wrote that Soldiers scene just so they could get him and Arya at the same place. I will find the article again later and post it. But back to the matters at hand. From the preview for next week, I'm guessing that is Arya's direwolf come back to help raise a lotta hell. Sansa is getting smarter by the minute. Mind you I hated season 1-3 Sansa. "The Mad Queen" isn't really as smart as she thinks she is. She is pissing off all the right people and there was a moment when it like Jamie was horrified by her actions and thought process. He is trying to tell her **** we have not got any friends left and she isn't hearing any of that. Still holding on to hope he is the one to kill her. And how can no one mention that Sam at the Citadel montage?
    I was trying to forget that part thanks, haha.

I would have liked to have a seen a little more setup with Nymeria, if they are going to reintroduce her. In the books she has numerous dreams about her.

The following users like this post: SoonerBornPanda

How is Arya in the Twins a logistic problems, last season ended with her killer Walder Frey after feeding him his sons. The logistic quearion i have is how the how the arm who talked to Sam got where he was.
      Spoiler:
    it was Jorah per the twitters

The Hound mentioned he saw a "Mountain." #CleganeBowl confirmed GET HYPE!!!!
    2 users like SoonerSapper's post: Bear_Jew, nolesooner

Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    How is Arya in the Twins a logistic problems, last season ended with her killer Walder Frey after feeding him his sons. The logistic quearion i have is how the how the arm who talked to Sam got where he was.
      Spoiler:
    it was Jorah per the twitters
    Yeah I had that same question. How did said arm get in a "containment cell " in OldTown? Who found said person and went yeah we need to get you to the Maesters like yesterday before you infect the whole world. Did Sam run into him? Did one of the shitting maesters? I need answers lol
    2 users like SoonerBornPanda's post: Bear_Jew, Bruce

I'm fine with him finding his way to Oldtown because if you were looking for a cure what better place than the Mayo Clinic of Westeros? Also if you had your captions turned on, his small amount of dialogue was preceded by
      Spoiler:
    [Jorah]

If we're going to get a Nymeria return next week I wish they wouldn't have just given it away in the damn trailer for the next ep. I realize that was a loooong time ago and the casual viewer probably doesn't even remember it, but it still doesn't make sense to me for them to basically spoil it for us. Oh well.

There seems to be a lot of people mad online about the choice to put Ed Sheeran in the show. I have a question: who the **** is Ed Sheeran?

SIAP but GRRM recently did an interview with time and one particular quote got me thinking about the whitewalkers.
      Spoiler:
    "And Jon Snow, too, is drained by the experience of coming back from the dead on the show"

"Right. And poor Beric Dondarrion, who was set up as the foreshadowing of all this, every time he’s a little less Beric. His memories are fading, he’s got all these scars, he’s becoming more and more physically hideous, because he’s not a living human being anymore. His heart isn’t beating, his blood isn’t flowing in his veins, he’s a wight, but a wight animated by fire instead of by ice, now we’re getting back to the whole fire and ice thing.

Spoiler:
    so I think is since Beric is considered a Wight reanimated by fire that would make Jon Snow one too right? Which got me to thinking am I the only one that thinks Mellissanda will before this is all over reanimate the people in the crypt at Winterfell in a bunch of fire wights to help fight the whitewalkers?

http://time.com/4791258/game-of-thro...tin-interview/
    Last edited by SoonerBornPanda; July 17th, 2017 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Forgot spoiler thingy

There seems to be a lot of people mad online about the choice to put Ed Sheeran in the show. I have a question: who the **** is Ed Sheeran?
    He's some singing/song writing ginger that everyone apparently hates.

I think he's in that boy band, New Direction. Or One Edition. something like that.
    2 users like qwerty's post: mgsooner, SiggyPoke

He's a ginger that is all that is needed to hate him. JK. He has like 6 Grammy awards and writes a ton of songs for pretty much everyone in pop music. I had to look it up honestly. He isn't the first musician to be on there but he is the first to actually be seen and had it wrote specifically for him. The entire group Mastedon ( spelling?) A member of Coldplay and a couple others have been on Game of thrones but just background situations.

That was a really interesting scene. It seems as if maybe they will be merging Show Arya with a character from the books that they've chosen not to introduce. Arya meets normal, non-evil people fighting on the side of someone on her List. In her thirst for vengeance does she slaughter them anyway? Or maybe it's a one-off that we'll never revisit.

Poor Samwell Tarly and that shitty job of his.

4 users like Greek Sooner's post: Bk2X, Lehmanfan, SiggyPoke, Tao Chemical

Originally Posted by SoonerSapper View Post
    I noticed that as well. Good catch.

Originally Posted by brokebacksooner View Post
    Excellent beginning.

I really liked Arya's scenes; especially the one with the soldiers.
    Me too. I wonder if it is setting her up to decide who to support in a developing rift between Sansa (Crush them all) Stark and Jon (People are people and we need all the people together) Snow
    The following users like this post: brokebacksooner

Originally Posted by Tao Chemical View Post
    Me too. I wonder if it is setting her up to decide who to support in a developing rift between Sansa (Crush them all) Stark and Jon (People are people and we need all the people together) Snow
    I actually loved the scene with the Umber boy and Karstark girl when Jon called them up. I thought it really drove the point Jon was pushing home.
    5 users like SoonerSapper's post: Bear_Jew, Bruce, Keef, mgsooner, Tao Chemical

That jacket Urine Greyjoy was wearing was kick ass.

5 users like soonerbornsoonerbrett's post: BernieMadoff, Keef, mgsooner, SiggyPoke, SoonerBornPanda

he also said it was shaped like an arrowhead... so...
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

Originally Posted by soonerbornsoonerbrett View Post

Dany's outfit was pretty fly too.
    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke

I actually loved the scene with the Umber boy and Karstark girl when Jon called them up. I thought it really drove the point Jon was pushing home.
    Yeah I thought it was great.

Exactly. Don't know him and don't care.

Question for book readers: Is the show past them?

he also said it was shaped like an arrowhead... so...
    Wait, I've been to a hill mass called the Arrowhead due to its shape. Oh shit, #CleganBowl will be at Fort Irwin! Dammit and I just left there.
    2 users like SoonerSapper's post: BernieMadoff, Tao Chemical

Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post

Blown by the books or have completely gone down a different path.
    The following users like this post: SoopaSooner

Jon and Sansa are working through the change in their relationship...Sansa is used to Jon being her brother, now he is the King of North and it will take time for them to both adjust. I think Jon is smart to know that Sansa can be a good source of information and ideas. I wonder how long it will take for the series to reunite the Stark kids? Rumor has it that they will indeed reunite @ Winterfell...but far into the season?

Sansa is clearly done listening to Littlefinger...and I think his days are numbered. I wonder where that will leave the Knights of the Vale?

It sure seems like the Hound stole the first episode. He really is a complex character...and I can I can't wait for him to kill the Mountain.
    2 users like Cooter Brown's post: Lehmanfan, Turk

Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post

So far past them, they will be in reboot territory before GRRM finishes them. Lmao
    3 users like SoonerBornPanda's post: Bear_Jew, Bob, SoopaSooner

Book people: I had a question while watching the show if the Archmaester Sam was interacting with is supposed to be Marwyn. It appears not. IMDb has him as "Archmaester Ebrose." I don't know if Marwyn will be in the show at all but I'm relieved that the guy Sam was speaking with is not him. Perhaps Sam will encounter Marwyn in the show, which would likely be someone much more sympathetic to his concerns about the army of the dead.

I totally went Barnes on Tombstone when I saw.... Professor Slughorn?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    2 users like Turk's post: SoonerBornPanda, Troker

Originally Posted by soonerbornsoonerbrett View Post

When did Joshua Jackson get the part of Uron?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    4 users like schoonerdriver's post: Bear_Jew, Bob, Rufus T Firefly, SoopaSooner

Funniest comment I have seen on the Twitter web is

For 6 seasons we have gone through War, murder, incest, **** and pillage. By far one of them are as bad as Sam Tully's day to day montage.

5 users like Tattoo Baker's post: Bear_Jew, Bob, Greek Sooner, SiggyPoke, SoopaSooner