Bad ticker

Posted 269 day(s) ago by Sieve18136 Views 123 Replies
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    So sad. How old was he?

I think he was 47 or 48
    3 users like BoomerSooner2578's post: Chk, Sarasota Sooner, Stinger_1066

Last edited by BoomerSooner2578; March 20th, 2017 at 06:54 PM.

Damn. WAY too young
    2 users like Sarasota Sooner's post: BoomerSooner2578, Chk

Rest In Peace.

When I die you motherfuckers better go deeper than 3 pages worth of bad jokes and puns.

RIP Sieve.
    The following users like this post: Sarasota Sooner

Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    When I die you motherfuckers better go deeper than 3 pages worth of bad jokes and puns.

RIP Sieve.
    nah, everyone will be thankful your no longer a mod here...

Originally Posted by sooneralum2001 View Post
    nah, everyone will be thankful your no longer a mod here...
    everyone deNed*

*felt appropriate.
    2 users like Keef's post: DIB, sooneralum2001

I won't tell people you are died. Speculation is good for 8+ pages.
    The following users like this post: Keef

Originally Posted by Chk View Post
    I won't tell people you are died. Speculation is good for 8+ pages.
    when it starts to die down remind them I said that chili is best without beans...
    2 users like Keef's post: Chk, northspeter

Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    when it starts to die down remind them I said that chili is best without beans...
    Sure thing, TW.
    The following users like this post: Keef

Originally Posted by Sieve View Post
    Welp, the hits keep on coming. Had a small heart attack on Saturday and now tomorrow open heart to replace the aorta valves. The hits just keep on coming, this ought to fun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    RIP Sieve.

His title was a joke, back in the early days of this place he wrote on sports and posted a lot of his stuff. He was a good guy. I'm sad I wasn't around to offer some good thoughts to him. I hope his family finds comfort.

Diabetes is awful, just brings havoc on everything. We all need to stay on top of our health

Originally Posted by usaousooner View Post
    RIP Sieve.

His title was a joke, back in the early days of this place he wrote on sports and posted a lot of his stuff. He was a good guy. I'm sad I wasn't around to offer some good thoughts to him. I hope his family finds comfort.

Diabetes is awful, just brings havoc on everything. We all need to stay on top of our health
    It's no joke. It's not even a day to day disease. You have to keep an eye on it all the day. The difference between morning and evening can be a total 180.
    3 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: Chk, Stinger_1066, usaousooner

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    It's no joke. It's not even a day to day disease. You have to keep an eye on it all the day. The difference between morning and evening can be a total 180.
    It scares the bejeezus outta me. My granny only had one leg and died playing Rock of Ages on the piano in church. Fell smooth off the bench. My uncle (her son) died of a heart attack in his 50s with the beetus. My sister who is just older than me has it bad. Really bad. Max dose of insulin every day and all sorts of other meds including pain shit. She's pretty much toast. None on dad's side. My mom is 83 and doesn't have it, but she's tiny. All her siblings who got fat ended up with it.

I'm heavier than I oughta be, but I don't do sodas, cookies/cakes/sweets and watch my carb intake like a hawk. I also drink tons of water. I'll be 60 in August and still don't have it. That could change tomorrow, and I know it. Nobody in my family in at least a generation has had any cancer. We just don't get it. But the beetus? Oh yeah, we get that.

Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    It scares the bejeezus outta me. My granny only had one leg and died playing Rock of Ages on the piano in church. Fell smooth off the bench. My uncle (her son) died of a heart attack in his 50s with the beetus. My sister who is just older than me has it bad. Really bad. Max dose of insulin every day and all sorts of other meds including pain shit. She's pretty much toast. None on dad's side. My mom is 83 and doesn't have it, but she's tiny. All her siblings who got fat ended up with it.

I'm heavier than I oughta be, but I don't do sodas, cookies/cakes/sweets and watch my carb intake like a hawk. I also drink tons of water. I'll be 60 in August and still don't have it. That could change tomorrow, and I know it. Nobody in my family in at least a generation has had any cancer. We just don't get it. But the beetus? Oh yeah, we get that.
    Your granny must of been a badass, playing Def Leppard on piano in church and all.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

Originally Posted by soonerson View Post
    Your granny must of been a badass, playing Def Leppard on piano in church and all.
    I was thinking more like boston.

Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post

I wish it on no one. I should have been back to walking a good six months ago. Instead I've got basically a paper cut that still isn't all the way healed and thus I can't put on a shoe and get back to normal. I'm 56 and will be elated to make it to 80. This is the third wound/healing/infection I've had in eight years. This is the worst as it cost me the knuckle bone on my foot. At least I kept the foot. Resection was the next step had this not healed and they didn't think it would. I insisted we give it time - and daily IV antibiotics - and it did. I'd have been fine almost four months ago but this pressure swore just showed up on the bottom of my big toe. It's not any fun.

Dammit, sad to lose him. Too soon, way too soon.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I wish it on no one. I should have been back to walking a good six months ago. Instead I've got basically a paper cut that still isn't all the way healed and thus I can't put on a shoe and get back to normal. I'm 56 and will be elated to make it to 80. This is the third wound/healing/infection I've had in eight years. This is the worst as it cost me the knuckle bone on my foot. At least I kept the foot. Resection was the next step had this not healed and they didn't think it would. I insisted we give it time - and daily IV antibiotics - and it did. I'd have been fine almost four months ago but this pressure swore just showed up on the bottom of my big toe. It's not any fun.
    My Dad lost one of his big toes because of a sore on his foot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My aunt is type 1 and she's lost half of one foot and 4 toes from the other. You have my emphathy KC. That's a shit hand to draw.

Originally Posted by SportyJames View Post
    My Dad lost one of his big toes because of a sore on his foot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Originally Posted by cfin5256 View Post
    My aunt is type 1 and she's lost half of one foot and 4 toes from the other. You have my emphathy KC. That's a shit hand to draw.
    Problem is you can be taking care of yourself and having good numbers and something shows up on your foot out of the blue and six months later you're still trying to get it to heal. I have a buddy that's battling stage four oral cancer. He just got through chemo and he looks 75. I know that I can **** about my situation but it's always worse. I go to the burn and wound clinic once a week for treatment on my toe. There are people there that have been going for three years. One guy for eight. Their wounds/sores just won't heal.

This is a blister that turned on me and started all of this. The blister was the size of a pencil eraser. It got ugly and eventually turned into my osteomyelitis

Spoiler:
      Not Safe For Work

After my surgery where they removed my knuckle bone they - my surgeon and the infectious disease guy - didn't think it would heal. The PA told me she'd only seen one worse than mine that healed. They were wanting more surgery which would have meant resection - most likely my two small toes and a slice of my foot. Then i'd have been left with an even bigger wound to heal. Besides the bone they also removed the sore. She had to take skin and stretch it from all over to close the side of my foot. I was on an IV for eight weeks and asked them to let it heal. Luckily for me it did. When I went into my surgery I knew if they had to they would take what they needed to. I didn't want that because I know once they start taking it gets easier for it to happen again. Thankfully I dodged the bullet this time. Three ulcers in eight years isn't encouraging though. I have to worry about every time I whack my foot or step on something.

Now she can tell people that she's seen two people heal that she didn't think they would. This is all healed up. My little toe is boneless and it's a bit weird the way it flops around but otherwise it's okay.

Spoiler:
      Not Safe For Work

My sweet momma passed away a month ago primarily from heart disease from type 1 that she had for 42 years. She was 80 and had always taken very good care of herself. Was never overweight, never smoked or drank, and always kept her blood sugar under control. The disease had made the veins around her heart so small that some were too small for stents. The disease does bad things to the heart. She went from working in her yard all weekend to an overall heart function of 30 percent after one heart attack. She told me before she died that this was the end stages of type 1. I've been tested for diabetes all of my life and luckily I don't have type 1 but am at risk for type 2 like everyone else getting old.

Originally Posted by kingswitz View Post
    My sweet momma passed away a month ago primarily from heart disease from type 1 that she had for 42 years. She was 80 and had always taken very good care of herself. Was never overweight, never smoked or drank, and always kept her blood sugar under control. The disease had made the veins around her heart so small that some were too small for stents. The disease does bad things to the heart. She went from working in her yard all weekend to an overall heart function of 30 percent after one heart attack. She told me before she died that this was the end stages of type 1. I've been tested for diabetes all of my life and luckily I don't have type 1 but am at risk for type 2 like everyone else getting old.
    So sorry to hear this. When you factor in everything diabetes is the number one killer. Strokes, heart disease, heart attack, renal failure, liver disease, infection, just to name a few. Not only does it constrict the veins and arteries but it also hardens them. The farther from your heart the worse the circulation. That's why there are so many issues with the feet. Diabetic retinopathy is another problem. I don't know how much my disease contributed to my heart disease. When your insulin receptors on your blood cells don't work the cells become more like the little burrs you get on your socks. They can make grooves in your veins and arteries and make it much easier for crap to collect and eventually clog them up. They used my internal mammary arteries for three of the bypasses but had to use a vein from my leg for the two others. I know he wasn't thrilled with it but he had to use it. When I had my c diff and was septic they thought I had an MI and figured those grafts were the culprit. Luckily the grafts were fine and it was just me almost dying that caused the problem.
    The following users like this post: kingswitz

Originally Posted by kingswitz View Post
    Sorry to hear that. My dad was diagnosed with it when he was around the age I am now, and he dealt with it for 20 years. He ended up almost having to have his feet amputated, but heart failure got him first.
    2 users like Stinger_1066's post: KCRuf/Nek, kingswitz

RIP Sieve