2017 Oklahoma Sooners Baseball - Hell or High Water

Posted 84 day(s) ago by metes70889 Views 1834 Replies
Results 1,801 to 1,835 of 1835
Page 37 of 37 27 35 36 37
    [QUOTE=northspeter;3332056]I'm getting to the opinion, if this ends in a full on epic collapse.. Blow it up.. Blow it all up, nobody survives & you just start over from scratch..

Sent from my LG

1-8 over the last 9 is not an epic collapse?

[QUOTE=soonercoop1;3332110]
    Originally Posted by northspeter View Post
    I'm getting to the opinion, if this ends in a full on epic collapse.. Blow it up.. Blow it all up, nobody survives & you just start over from scratch..

Sent from my LG

1-8 over the last 9 is not an epic collapse?
    It is a collapse but if we have even a bit of a turn around we make the tournament. All hope is not lost but it's fading fast.
    The following users like this post: northspeter

[QUOTE=metes;3332112]
    Originally Posted by soonercoop1 View Post

It is a collapse but if we have even a bit of a turn around we make the tournament. All hope is not lost but it's fading fast.
    Saturday and Sunday are MUST wins. Have to win the last winnable conference series at home to have a hope. Realistically, not much a chance to beat TCU, even at home. Pressure is on, boys.
    The following users like this post: OU48A

Regardless of the excuses its time to fish or cut bait….for the entire OU baseball program….. or see a new coaching staff next season…..
    It’s that simple.
    4 users like OU48A's post: IndySooner, northspeter, OU812, soonercoop1

I'm getting to the opinion, if this ends in a full on epic collapse.. Blow it up.. Blow it all up, nobody survives & you just start over from scratch..

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    Skip has done loaves / fishes work with a staff that is remarkably low on talent due to 4 years of Pinzino/PH efforts on the evaluation / recruiting / coaching front. He and Gallego are the lone bright spots.

Right now we have guys we recruited as situational match up guys....meaning they may be good for 1-2 batters....being handed the ball and expected to go 2-3 innings. We have middle relievers expected to close. We have inning eaters being expected to fill out a starting weekend rotation. Thin to start.....and it is going to take a miracle to make the tournament IMO IF we don't win this series.

If you lose a home series to KU, your RPI gets crushed.....and WVU beat TCU already.....they will be ready to hillbilly stomp us in Morgantown.

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

No way Joe C. cares enough about baseball to do a full house cleaning... He'll elevate Skip.
    The following users like this post: thefranchise17

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    No way Joe C. cares enough about baseball to do a full house cleaning... He'll elevate Skip.
    Which at this point looks like a heck of an improvement…

The players, high school & JC coaches and baseball people in our main recruiting areas respect the heck out Skip.

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    Which at this point looks like a heck of an improvement…

The players, high school & JC coaches and baseball people in our main recruiting areas respect the heck out Skip.
    Yes, I agree. If everything we're hearing is correct the bottom fell out when Skip and PH had the argument in the dugout. Not a huge surprise. Team realizes that PH is in over his head (if they already haven't figured that out) and nothing is gained by saving his job by balling out.

Just my own opinion of the situation with some extrapolation. I could be completely wrong.

One of Joe's worst hires. Knew we were in trouble when not only did he hire someone not from this part of the country with an uninspiring resume, but Pete hires assistants all from outside the region too.

The concern now is with Joe C's attitude toward baseball, that he will not make a coaching change after this year.
    2 users like champions77's post: NickDangerThirdEye, thefranchise17

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    If joe c cares about baseball then he will elevate skip.
    2 users like theSeanDon's post: CrimsonOberon, NickDangerThirdEye

I believe PH for the most part is a very decent man….
    However it’s apparent that he just isn’t a good fit for what we need.

Besides knowing baseball very well an OU baseball coach needs to be able to relate just as well with a small town kid who loves the rodeo, hunting and fishing as well as he relates to the kids from well off families living in the wealthy suburbs.
    A successful OU baseball coach needs understand the importance of private fund raising and have the ability to do it.

I say this with a strong desire that OU and PH win every OU baseball game they play from now on.

At the game today. Nice crowd. Pete's still pete!

Originally Posted by champions77 View Post
    One of Joe's worst hires. Knew we were in trouble when not only did he hire someone not from this part of the country with an uninspiring resume, but Pete hires assistants all from outside the region too.

The concern now is with Joe C's attitude toward baseball, that he will not make a coaching change after this year.
    If behind closed doors he brought in Skip knowing he was going to elevate him if the season went south, then all will be forgiven on my end.
    3 users like CrimsonOberon's post: champions77, MikeLucky, NickDangerThirdEye

Piss poor response today. Crowd is beyond dead now.

How are we playing?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Great day at the park. Pete and his team aren't worth a ****. How embarrassing is this going to get?

Originally Posted by No19Sooner View Post
    Great day at the park. Pete and his team aren't worth a ****. How embarrassing is this going to get?
    This OU Baseball season is becoming a horror movie now.
    The following users like this post: metes

Just one day closer to the end of the Pete Hughes era!! Time to fire him and Make OU Baseball Great Again!
    5 users like SoonerHawk's post: metes, No19Sooner, northspeter, nstinson, OU812

Originally Posted by CrimsonOberon View Post
    If behind closed doors he brought in Skip knowing he was going to elevate him if the season went south, then all will be forgiven on my end.
    If that's why he was brought in.. Then rip off the bandaid & make the move now, while there is a chance to salvage something...

Very disappointing.

This is very disappointing indeed. Pulling the trigger on Pete now might not be a bad move.
    3 users like metes's post: IndySooner, northspeter, soonercoop1

Originally Posted by metes View Post
    This is very disappointing indeed. Pulling the trigger on Pete now might not be a bad move.
    I think that's something we all talked about coming in... but if you wouldn't cut bait after 3 straight years missing the tourney, I doubt a midseason move is on the table... Can't afford to screw up the next hire.. Pete had a chance to make a move on OSU, Tech & Texas this year & appears to have totally wasted it...

The following users like this post: metes

I think that's something we all talked about coming in... but if you wouldn't cut bait after 3 straight years missing the tourney, I doubt a midseason move is on the table... Can't afford to screw up the next hire.. Pete had a chance to make a move on OSU, Tech & Texas this year & appears to have totally wasted it...

It should not take three or four years to get in gear. People have been talking about Pete having to rebuild. That's total nonsense! He inherited a decorated ball club and it could have been an opportunity for both pete and OU to do well. Instead he came in here with the idea that he was gonna change the culture or whatever. We had a very good baseball culture before he got here and now we really will have to rebuild. This is bullshit!

I want to be in the post season damnit! I have friends who are hog fans and I was really looking forward to possibly going back to NWA to try our hand in Fayetteville!

If that's why he was brought in.. Then rip off the bandaid & make the move now, while there is a chance to salvage something...

I wouldn't be against that.

"Pete really had it going this year until injuries derailed things. Just bad luck."

-The rationale when we're treated to year 5 of The Pete Hughes Experience

Does it speak to the coaching of PH that I consider OU.... football, both basketball, softball, both gymnastics, and Men and Women's tennis before the baseball team? That's their relevance in my mind. I had started to get my hopes up with how they were playing early this year.. but I feel my disinterest growing again...

Originally Posted by nstinson View Post
    Does it speak to the coaching of PH that I consider OU.... football, both basketball, softball, both gymnastics, and Men and Women's tennis before the baseball team? That's their relevance in my mind. I had started to get my hopes up with how they were playing early this year.. but I feel my disinterest growing again...
    I think it speaks more to OU baseball, in general, than Pete... but he's the guy running the show...

I think if OU were to let pete go the players might rally around Skip. They love him and respect him.

Just flip on the tube to a no out, bases loaded walk... Great start, especially with all of your current signees & commitments in the house.. Then a hbp.. Pitching change, single.. 4-0 still no outs...

Skip isn't coming out of this smelling like roses... His staff has crashed harder/faster than any staff I've ever seen...

Sigh... The bottom dropped out of this season so fast. We're so far from the program I grew up watching that it's just sad now.