2017 Oklahoma Sooners Baseball - Hell or High Water

Posted 61 day(s) ago by metes42353 Views 1186 Replies
Results 1,151 to 1,187 of 1187
Page 24 of 24 14 22 23 24

Originally Posted by jadubya View Post
    A certain Sooner loving country star is about to have a very significant gift to the baseball program approved.....been in the works for a long while. #twocommas #sixfigures #roundsup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Very awesome!!!!
    2 users like metes's post: northspeter, StatGeek

A certain Sooner loving country star is about to have a very significant gift to the baseball program approved.....been in the works for a long while. #twocommas #sixfigures #roundsup

This has been in the works for a long time. Credit Joe for getting him to come back around after PH rubbed him wrong. Big fan of OU baseball and funds would be for the benefit of the fans.
    5 users like Eagle21's post: CrimsonOberon, jadubya, northspeter, OU48A, OUlaw0719

Originally Posted by JD_Sooners View Post
    What's a gift like that take care of?

If OSU I'm sure they'd upgrade or replace what they have.

I'm sure dale Mitchell could be more state of art but dunno where'd they start
    Heck, I would be happy if they installed working exhaust fans in the restrooms.
    Constructing a wall that acted like a wind break would be great.
    A better sound system is needed.
    They may install green chair back seats and add seats on the berms.
    A fence in the outfield to better control the fans may be considered.

Very awesome!!!!
    The following users like this post: northspeter

Originally Posted by metes View Post
    Very awesome!!!!
    You can say that again!

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: metes

Very interesting. I'm curious of the details, because one of the hang ups was something a lot of us, including Pete, have been asking for for quite some time.....

Originally Posted by IndySooner View Post
    Very interesting. I'm curious of the details, because one of the hang ups was something a lot of us, including Pete, have been asking for for quite some time.....
    I haven’t completely woken up this morning thanks to overnight allergies…
    What hang ups are we are talking about?
    Thanks.

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    I haven’t completely woken up this morning thanks to overnight allergies…
    What hang ups are we are talking about?
    Thanks.
    Major financial contributions to the baseball team.

Up to 25 in the RPI

OU48A the answer is very simply: Beer
    3 users like Five's post: northspeter, pillmanj, strike_hot

Originally Posted by Five View Post
    OU48A the answer is very simply: Beer
    Thanks….
    I have never consumed alcohol at a sporting event but I don’t mind someone drinking a beer or 2 but nobody likes being around a slobbering foul mouth drunk.
    I wouldn’t have a problem with controlled beer sales, particularly in a club setting.
    The following users like this post: jadubya

Why all the whispering in here?

What country star? How much $$? What was/is the problem he/she has with PH?

2017 Oklahoma Sooners Baseball - Hell or High Water

Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    Why all the whispering in here?
    What country star?

If you don't know, then I don't know what to tell you.

How much $$?

Life changing

What was/is the problem he/she has with PH?

This I don't know, other than wins. My understanding was the major issue was beer.
    4 users like IndySooner's post: CrimsonOberon, metes, northspeter, OU48A

What country star?

How much $$?

Life changing

This I don't know, other than wins. My understanding was the major issue was beer.
    "Toby Keith's, I love this Concession Stand"

7 users like northspeter's post: CrimsonOberon, jadubya, metes, Oldnslo, OU48A, Slytherin, StatGeek

Originally Posted by northspeter View Post
    "Toby Keith's, I love this Concession Stand"

I know everybody says LOL...and it is never sincere....they aren't really laughing out loud. I absolutely laughed out loud to that......hell....I am thinking of advertising and jingles right now.
    5 users like jadubya's post: CrimsonOberon, IndySooner, metes, northspeter, OU48A

I know everybody says LOL...and it is never sincere....they aren't really laughing out loud. I absolutely laughed out loud to that......hell....I am thinking of advertising and jingles right now.
    Me too.

Fried bologna & chicken fried steak sammiches... Cheese fries with ranch... Hot brownies a la mode... Wash it all down with an ice cold PBR or Miller High Life(the champagne of beers)

Sounds like a good time to me... 😁

MmmMMmmm I love hot dogs!
    3 users like metes's post: CrimsonHeaven, northspeter, OUlaw0719

Originally Posted by northspeter View Post
    Fried bologna & chicken fried steak sammiches... Cheese fries with ranch... Hot brownies a la mode... Wash it all down with an ice cold PBR or Miller High Life(the champagne of beers)

Sounds like a good time to me...

Sounds like one might shit their pants, especially after downing the Boone's Farm in the parking lot as some of our fans like to do before home games.

I would like to see a legit tailgate scene on weekends.

Heck, I would be happy if they installed working exhaust fans in the restrooms.
    Constructing a wall that acted like a wind break would be great.
    A better sound system is needed.
    They may install green chair back seats and add seats on the berms.
    A fence in the outfield to better control the fans may be considered.
    Plenty of providers that manufacturer industrial wind breaks.....It would be awesome to erect about a 15 foot tall version along the top of the south berm. Plant trees on either side to make it look more pleasing to the eye.

Turn both berms into wider concourse with picnic tables or go lower key like Lupton at TCU....dress up with retaining walls / tiered look....where kids can actually roam around instead of getting chased down by the AARP hill ****s.

Add seatbacks to some of the GA. Add / enlarge the rest rooms and expand the concourse size up top.

We don't need a bigger stadium. Our field is fine.....but we have got to do something to increase the appeal to the casual fan for game day experience.

http://weathersolve.icomputeonline.com/photo-gallery/#
    2 users like jadubya's post: OU48A, oubjjr1

I would like to see a legit tailgate scene on weekends.
    I would love a Sooner exception and bring that tailgate scene INTO the L Dale Mitchell but OUTSIDE the ballpark. That grass area between home locker room / parking and ticket booth is completely wasted space. Make that a tailgate friendly zone / BYOB and have folks check tickets / bottles / cans when walking UP the tunnel.
    2 users like jadubya's post: metes, OU48A

Plenty of providers that manufacturer industrial wind breaks.....It would be awesome to erect about a 15 foot tall version along the top of the south berm. Plant trees on either side to make it look more pleasing to the eye.

Turn both berms into wider concourse with picnic tables or go lower key like Lupton at TCU....dress up with retaining walls / tiered look....where kids can actually roam around instead of getting chased down by the AARP hill ****s.

Add seatbacks to some of the GA. Add / enlarge the rest rooms and expand the concourse size up top.

We don't need a bigger stadium. Our field is fine.....but we have got to do something to increase the appeal to the casual fan for game day experience.
    Maybe we could afford a real grass field with this money?

I kid I kid....but really let's get some grass up in this ****.

Grass, Gas or Ass no one rides for free that's what I always say!

OU had put up wind screen material that worked very well while it lasted.
    It was structurally poorly designed and not nearly robust enough for our winds… It blew down.

Crimson red and white azalea flowers beyond the outfield fence that could be covered up during freezing weather or high winds would add a nice visual touch IMHO. They would love the pine needles.

Hardy trees that are timed to bloom at different times could be planted around LDM...

I would love a Sooner exception and bring that tailgate scene INTO the L Dale Mitchell but OUTSIDE the ballpark. That grass area between home locker room / parking and ticket booth is completely wasted space. Make that a tailgate friendly zone / BYOB and have folks check tickets / bottles / cans when walking UP the tunnel.
    Would be awesome but the only place you can make money in college baseball is at the concession stand.. If you're going to start offering beer, then you shoot yourself in the foot if you allow tailgating in the stadium... One way to get around that may be charging tailgaters for the right to use the space but prohibit outside alcohol...?

We had a baseball booster event out their… It was so windy that we had to hold onto our plates.
    Besides the W-L record, cold and wind is probably the biggest factor in reduced crowd sizes.
    OU needs to do far more to block the spring winds.

Can we haz a dirt infield again?

What country star?

How much $$?

Life changing

Oh. So you're one of the cool kids who's in on it. Groovy.

This has been public info for couple years. The contingency is that if it's done for baseball, must all be done for softball. I think that objection was recently handled. Look for a beer garden on the 3rd base line next season modeled after Texas craphorns.
    4 users like strike_hot's post: IndySooner, metes, northspeter, OU48A

Originally Posted by strike_hot View Post
    This has been public info for couple years. The contingency is that if it's done for baseball, must all be done for softball. I think that objection was recently handled. Look for a beer garden on the 3rd base line next season modeled after Texas craphorns.
    Why is it required that if it’s done for baseball that it must be done for softball.
    Who at OU is making that decision?

If there is organic support for one but not the other that mentality is holding down one sport at the expense of the other.
    I thought we were smarter than that…

Why is it required that if it’s done for baseball that it must be done for softball.
    Who at OU is making that decision?

If there is organic support for one but not the other that mentality is holding down one sport at the expense of the other.
    I thought we were smarter than that…
    If you go by that standard then how the hell did we end up with FPH? Softball has a gangbanger of a coach and we have The Buffoon From Bean Town.

If you go by that standard then how the hell did we end up with FPH? Softball has a gangbanger of a coach and we have The Buffoon From Bean Town.
    We are talking about facilities, not coaches…..
    For the record if someone wanted to donate millions to the softball program for its facilities and not have it split with the baseball program I would be very happy for them.

It's called Title IX. Look it up guys. Don't wanna to get into semantics, but I'm telling you this with words from the horses mouth. Take it for what it's worth.

Eddie R. Tweeted that Pete said Jake is day to day, he isn't ruled out this weekend but they are thinking for the long haul and don't want to rush it. I can appreciate this. Sonny rushed Overton back and caused him to have Tommy John and drop some in the draft.
    2 users like OUlaw0719's post: northspeter, OU48A

Guess Stoney and Tyler could both be back next weekend against Texas and Stoney took bp today.

Originally Posted by OUlaw0719 View Post
    Eddie R. Tweeted that Pete said Jake is day to day, he isn't ruled out this weekend but they are thinking for the long haul and don't want to rush it. I can appreciate this. Sonny rushed Overton back and caused him to have Tommy John and drop some in the draft.
    I'm not mad at that & I'm guessing that's because Skip is confident about his other guys giving him good innings..

Originally Posted by strike_hot View Post
    It's called Title IX. Look it up guys. Don't wanna to get into semantics, but I'm telling you this with words from the horses mouth. Take it for what it's worth.
    I’m not sure I buy the title 9 argument because OU just spent well north of 100 million on a men’s only sport called football…..
    Does this mean OU must spend an equal amount of money for female sports?
    I doubt it.