2017 Oklahoma Sooners Baseball - Hell or High Water

Posted 57 day(s) ago by metes39904 Views 1139 Replies
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1140
Page 21 of 23 11 19 20 21 22 23

is Murray all football for the next couple of weeks except for home baseball games? No batting practice etc? No away games?

Originally Posted by jadubya View Post
    We probably don't differ too much....I think we need to go 3-1 to solidify a 15-20 ranking. 2-2 keeps us sticking around Top 25. Top 10? Gonna need to go 5-2 IMO and win series at Baylor and home vs Tech......and IF you can do that....damn straight you should be a Top 10 team because you will be sitting on a 26-5 record and kick ass RPI. #wearethestorm #lulz
    My honest prediction is 2-5, but I hope I'm wrong. Might be battered wife syndrome right now.
    2 users like IndySooner's post: metes, northspeter

Originally Posted by jadubya View Post
    We probably don't differ too much....I think we need to go 3-1 to solidify a 15-20 ranking. 2-2 keeps us sticking around Top 25. Top 10? Gonna need to go 5-2 IMO and win series at Baylor and home vs Tech......and IF you can do that....damn straight you should be a Top 10 team because you will be sitting on a 26-5 record and kick ass RPI. #wearethestorm #lulz
    Fair. And balanced. #****yeah!
    The following users like this post: metes

They'll blow it in the playoffs....
    5 users like metes's post: BozTheGreat&Powerful, IndySooner, kruk, OUlaw0719, Slytherin

Originally Posted by IndySooner View Post
    My honest prediction is 2-5, but I hope I'm wrong. Might be battered wife syndrome right now.
    How many games have you gotten to watch so far..?

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by northspeter View Post
    How many games have you gotten to watch so far..?

Four or five. Thank goodness for ESPN3. Love the pitching. Don't love the offense. Hope I'm wrong, but I think good Big 12 pitching is going to give us fits.
    The following users like this post: northspeter

Four or five. Thank goodness for ESPN3. Love the pitching. Don't love the offense. Hope I'm wrong, but I think good Big 12 pitching is going to give us fits.
    Ok.. I thought maybe if you'd watched them play several times rather than just listening, that you might have a brighter(as in, more positive) outlook... I think Walker is a Neuse in the making, I think Ware can hit, missing Stoney hurts & I wish Murray had stayed healthy, he'd be a real problem with enough AB's, he's got a really good eye but doesn't make good enough contact yet.. Mendy, Flanny, Hollas are all about the same guy at the plate, to me... I think we're an every day leadoff & an everyday slugger away from being really really good offensively. I don't feel like we have any easy outs this year...

I hope the moment isn't too big & the confidence they've earned, over the first month, carries into league play..

3 users like northspeter's post: metes, OU48A, oubjjr1

Inning by inning and one game at a time.

Make a statement tonight and you win back some respect we've lost over the last three seasons.

BOOMER SOONER! Beat the Pukes!

Ok.. I thought maybe if you'd watched them play several times rather than just listening, that you might have a brighter(as in, more positive) outlook... I think Walker is a Neuse in the making, I think Ware can hit, missing Stoney hurts & I wish Murray had stayed healthy, he'd be a real problem with enough AB's, he's got a really good eye but doesn't make good enough contact yet.. Mendy, Flanny, Hollas are all about the same guy at the plate, to me... I think we're an every day leadoff & an everyday slugger away from being really really good offensively. I don't feel like we have any easy outs this year...

I hope the moment isn't too big & the confidence they've earned, over the first month, carries into league play..

I knew what you were thinking!

Trust me, I've been one of the guys around here not jumping off the cliff the last few years, but I will also be one of the last to get too excited. It's never as bad or good as it seems.

I think this team has a ton of potential. I love what Skip has done with this staff. I don't think Pete is the worst coach in the history of baseball. This could all go very well. I'm just not sold that we are 100% there yet.

Big week!
    2 users like IndySooner's post: northspeter, OU48A

I knew what you were thinking!

Trust me, I've been one of the guys around here not jumping off the cliff the last few years, but I will also be one of the last to get too excited. It's never as bad or good as it seems.

I think this team has a ton of potential. I love what Skip has done with this staff. I don't think Pete is the worst coach in the history of baseball. This could all go very well. I'm just not sold that we are 100% there yet.

Big week!
    I get it... The schedule and all... I'm trying to see it versus how we played against similar teams before... The most positive thing I've noticed out of this group, offensively, as compared to previous teams, is that so far, these guys have hit with 2 outs & that's something we hadn't done in recent years, even against bad teams..

The following users like this post: IndySooner

I'm about the same, I think I've seen 3 games and listened on radio (thank you TuneIn App!) to a couple of more games. My early assessment is about where you are. I'm not sure I'm an expert on college baseball though. BUT...I'm excited about the wins to start the season. Beats the hell out of losing....
    3 users like Redhawk's post: IndySooner, northspeter, OU48A

Follow up on Poll rankings:

#10 by Collegiate Baseball
    #19 in USA Today "coaches" poll
    #20 NCBWA
    #24 in BaseballAmerica
    #25 D1Baseball.com

Personally I like Collegiate Baseball's ranking, but I'm homer

Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
    Follow up on Poll rankings:

#10 by Collegiate Baseball
    #19 in USA Today "coaches" poll
    #20 NCBWA
    #24 in BaseballAmerica
    #25 D1Baseball.com

Personally I like Collegiate Baseball's ranking, but I'm homer
    Just FYI for anyone who doesn't know - hasn't been deeply invested the past couple of years and is getting back in the groove - the best college baseball minds are at D1. It's a collaboration of Baseball America's former top college guy, Yahoo, then Perfect Game's guy, and a bunch of other top writers who became good friends.

They're doing what this sport has needed.

Also, I trust their rankings the most, even if Kendall is a Texas (state of) homer and Fitt is an ACC guy.
    3 users like IndySooner's post: metes, OUlaw0719, Redhawk

Headed up to Stillwater tonight, let's hope it goes better than my outing to the Peake last night. Looks like Wiles for us vs. TBA. I know how you do midweek games, but we have absolutely sucked at midweek games the last few years. I've always wondered why not occasionally use each of your weekend starters for a couple of innings during the midweek in place of their pen session.

I like Wiles and think he should do well. OSU has gotten their bats going but not sure about their mid week starters. Their pitching in general hasn't been great this far.

Just FYI for anyone who doesn't know - hasn't been deeply invested the past couple of years and is getting back in the groove - the best college baseball minds are at D1. It's a collaboration of Baseball America's former top college guy, Yahoo, then Perfect Game's guy, and a bunch of other top writers who became good friends.

They're doing what this sport has needed.

Also, I trust their rankings the most, even if Kendall is a Texas (state of) homer and Fitt is an ACC guy.
    They do have the best group of college baseball guys... I just wish they weren't a pay site... I would rather another national publication absorb their content...

They do have the best group of college baseball guys... I just wish they weren't a pay site... I would rather another national publication absorb their content...

Their podcast is free and I love it.

The following users like this post: IndySooner

I pay to support them. Definitely don't get my money's worth, but I see it as a donation to the cause. I tried to do what they're doing and you can't make enough money without it.

for some reason, the live stats link isn't always updated on soonersports.com. i often have to type this into google to find it ...

"oklahoma search: stats.statbroadcast.com"

anyway, here it is for this game: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobile/?id=168655

3-1 Pukes

Mid 4

Just got back from Tball

Game is on FSOk

Kerns enters the game and issues a 4 pitch walk.

4-1 Btm 4

4-1 on an infield hit up the middle. Kerns balked the runner from 2nd to 3rd. Strike out. Followed by the single to score the run.

Originally Posted by Crimson&Cream14 View Post
    4-1 on an infield hit up the middle. Kerns balked the runner from 2nd to 3rd. Strike out. Followed by the single to score the run.
    How did he balk?

Bases full of Sooners

1 out

Top 6

Cmon!!!!!

Pukes walk one in 4-2

haha. pokes walked in a run!

Originally Posted by metes View Post
    How did he balk?
    Not sure. Flipped over after it happened and heard one of the broadcasters say it. Didon't see much on replay.

Really bad AB by Mendy. Routine double play ball to short to end our threat. 4-2.

The Puke pitcher has glove strings going all over!!!

Weak grounder to 3rd by Ware leaves 2 more runners stranded. Time to stretch. 4-2 still.

Kerns has not looked good and outside of Rene ... we have been sorely lacking in the timely hitting department. Can't revert back to our LOB ways... because we have had our chances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leadoff triple for Walker. Pop out to 2nd. Lindsly Ks swinging but a balk is called to score Walker. Lindsly then Ks looking on the following pitch. Single by Mendy. Up 3-0 Walbergh looks at 2 perfect pitches then swings at a bad one for a weak grounder to 1st to end the inning. 4-3.

9 runners LOB tonight through 8.

4-3 Pukes

Final

Really really bad way to lose in Stillwater. We left 10 on base and left 5 at 3rd. We had our chances but refused to capitalize. We need to get that shored up quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow....how do not swing at that pitch?

Originally Posted by SixBean View Post
    Wow....how do you not swing at that pitch?
    Oops....meant to edit not quote.

Leadoff single stranded at 3rd to end the game. An even 10 runners LOB in a 4-3 loss.

not sure how we lost this one.

Ware missed 2 big opportunities in the 7th & 9th.. That was the difference..

& I remember why I always hated Tom Holiday... Such a jerk..

They're a good club, aside from missing a couple opportunities.. We're right there.. We need to play well in Waco this weekend but I like the club we have...

2 users like northspeter's post: OU48A, OUlaw0719

They're a good club, aside from missing a couple opportunities.. We're right there.. We need to play well in Waco this weekend but I like the club we have...

Last year, we lose that game by a LOT more. Got down early and would have folded.

This team has pitching and it has fight. I can live with that. Let's get two in Waco!
    4 users like IndySooner's post: northspeter, OU48A, ShreyK21, Val on the Getner

Last year, we lose that game by a LOT more. Got down early and would have folded.

This team has pitching and it has fight. I can live with that. Let's get two in Waco!
    It's like we've got a real baseball team again.. I was a little disappointed we chose to throw a freshman out to start yesterday but I guess they must've decided to move Grove back into the weekend mix? Hopefully that move pays off...

The following users like this post: OU48A

It's like we've got a real baseball team again.. I was a little disappointed we chose to throw a freshman out to start yesterday but I guess they must've decided to move Grove back into the weekend mix? Hopefully that move pays off...

Grove has pitched well lately I'm good with that. We need Tyler and Stoney back.
    2 users like OUlaw0719's post: northspeter, OU48A

Anyone else not happy with the hit and run call, I believe in the third. We have one of our better hitters up call hit and run, he gets a terrible swing at a ball out of the strike zone and we get thrown out. Seems like that early potentially taking the bat out of one of your better hitters hands (which is what happened because the pitch was a terrible one to swing at) seems a little sketchy.

Heard Irvin hurt and not playing this weekend. Hear that Tyler supposed to throw bullpen this week to see if he is able to go or not.

Originally Posted by strike_hot View Post
    Heard Irvin hurt and not playing this weekend. Hear that Tyler supposed to throw bullpen this week to see if he is able to go or not.
    Shit.. If Irvin is down for an extended period, this thing could go south, quickly...

The following users like this post: jadubya

If Irvin and Tyler are out the season is over.