OU basketball offseason thread

Posted 252 day(s) ago by chsguy201356932 Views 412 Replies
Page 9 of 9 7 8 9
    Originally Posted by theend View Post
    I think he shot 46 percent the first half of the season. That's excellent. But I doubt it led the country.

And if you are going to play this game, you have to look at the last half when we played better competition. The the second half of the season he shot 15 percent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and that had nothing to do with the competition....
    the problem was in his head........he was snakebit last year...and it affected every aspect of his game......and it appears that has been fixed ....

and you're right....james actually led the big 12 in 3pt shooting.....but he was top 5 in the nation...

Not this stupid azz argument again...

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger

so apparently doolittle is in the doghouse for some reason......and manek is the current starter at the 4.....with a good chance he'll hold onto it...
    i thought doolittle played very well in nz/australia....but wondered why his minutes were the lowest....
    i will love to see manek as the starter...i think he's a great player with a broad range of skills.....his game is alot more diverse than doolittle's....

Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I will bet you $100 right now that Manek never plays the 4 at OU. Game?

If you consider the 3 a forward the Brady will play the forward position. In OU's offense the 4 is a stretch forward playing mostly on the perimeter. Making the 3 a shooting/dribble drive position which in my opinion makes OU a 3 guard offense.

Most offenses college and down use a 3 guard system. Some D1 schools have the luxury of playing the 3 as small forward because they are blessed with players with a post game.

so like i expected....you were wrong on this subject...
    if you watched the 4 games overseas.....you saw manek played ever second at the 4....

Doolittle - academic suspension.

Originally Posted by Soonerthroughx2 View Post
    Doolittle - academic suspension.
    Well looks like his last name is appropriate
    The following users like this post: blackfrancois

he was apparently accused of plagiarism...

Welp, there goes his doctorate.

so game one .....and hawk and coach have proven they argued for nothing....
    manek will not redshirt....and he started and played at the 4.....
    once again....game/set/match...

Originally Posted by SoonerHawk View Post
    Manek will have to redshirt. Dude is really talented with skills. His body isn't Big 12 ready yet. Needs to add about 20 lbs of weight.

I've watched the kid a lot in high school. His frame needs weight. Arguably Lattin's biggest problem is that he needs to add weight. If Manek will hope to be a contributor, he needs to add weight and redshirt. His biggest issue is when people are physical with him. He needs to redshirt. And I expect he will.
    Agree here - Manek will redshirt. Not ready to play at the D1 level. He wasn't a highly sought after recruit and unless he works his ass off in the weight room and in the gym he may never see major PT at OU.

I'm not sure why 87 is comparing McNeace, Lattin and Buford to Manek. They don't play the same position.

I will bet you $100 right now that Manek never plays the 4 at OU. Game?

You're exactly right. Played mostly post at Harrah just because he was their biggest player. But he's a wing. He'll play the 3

If you had watched 15+ of his high school games I may trust your judgement. So since I have, maybe you should trust mine. The guy isn't D-I ready right now. He struggles with physicality. When defenders body him up, he folds. The best way to counter that is to add weight. Guess what the college game is a heck of a lot more of than the 3A high school level? Physical. He needs to redshirt. And yes, his game is a wing. He has almost NO post game whatsoever, and definitely not a post game that is D-I caliber right now.

Mods, please close thread as it’s no longer the off-season.

Originally Posted by SixBean View Post
    Mods, please close thread as it’s no longer the off-season.

you should ask for it to be deleted.....you said some pretty stupid stuff in this thread....

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    you should ask for it to be deleted.....you said some pretty stupid stuff in this thread....
    In that case, you should ask for the whole board to be deleted, cause you’ve repeatedly said stupid stuff all over it!