OU basketball offseason thread

Posted 280 day(s) ago by chsguy201363336 Views 413 Replies
Results 351 to 400 of 414
Page 8 of 9 6 7 8 9
  1. #351
    Originally Posted by theend View Post
    Wow he does look bigger. Not sure that's a good thing. Didn't he play some four last year? Maybe he will play more inside


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He didn't play the four last year. Mostly the three and the two, and boy was he was trash at both spots.
    Last edited by BobStoopsGinger; July 12th, 2017 at 01:51 PM.

  2. #352
    The following users like this post: SplitTD


  3. #353
    Originally Posted by theend View Post
    Wow he does look bigger. Not sure that's a good thing. Didn't he play some four last year? Maybe he will play more inside


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    he won't play more inside.....he's a guard who can get to the basket and rebounds very well....
    we have plenty of "inside" players....

  4. #354
    Mjcpr's Avatar
    Posts
    5,754
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK

    Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    So can he shoot now?

  5. #355
    R. Kelly's Golden Stream
    Lifetime Achievement Award
    SoopaSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    19,235
    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Damn he is big now

  6. #356
    Originally Posted by Mjcpr View Post
    So can he shoot now?
    HAHA, probably not.

  7. #357

  8. #358

  9. #359
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    4,161
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    Did I read somewhere that OU added another JC named something like Ebi Erbe, or something close to that name who is a JC AA for this coming season?

  10. #360

    OU basketball offseason thread

    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Did I read somewhere that OU added another JC named something like Ebi Erbe, or something close to that name who is a JC AA for this coming season?
    Is he related to Ebi Ere?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #361
    CalSOONER's Avatar
    Posts
    3,299
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Fingerbang World Tour

    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Did I read somewhere that OU added another JC named something like Ebi Erbe, or something close to that name who is a JC AA for this coming season?
    Umm, this guy?
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew


  12. #362
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    28,268
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Punsylvania

    Originally Posted by CalSOONER View Post
    Umm, this guy?
    Mr. ESPN

  13. #363
    polla playing for finland this summer....





    finland vs poland

    http://www.fiba.com/europe/u20b/2017...hip-2017-DIV-B
    Last edited by 87sooner; July 15th, 2017 at 05:57 PM.

  14. #364
    meet lazenby..
    my son attended a practice and was impressed with lazenby.....said he plays very smart.....handles the ball well.....good shooter...
    will be interesting to see if he has the athleticism to defend...


    http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=211652153
    The following users like this post: SplitTD


  15. #365
    i totally missed the nba summer league. i guess isaiah cousins is a pelican now.


  16. #366
    northspeter's Avatar
    Posts
    8,721
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tulsa area

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    meet lazenby..
    my son attended a practice and was impressed with lazenby.....said he plays very smart.....handles the ball well.....good shooter...
    will be interesting to see if he has the athleticism to defend...


    http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=211652153
    I've seen reports ranging from totally lost defensively to, a natural scorer that's deadly when he's on.. Hopefully he plays enough defense to get the minutes we'll need for his scoring ability...

    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

  17. #367

  18. #368

  19. #369
    Boomer6671's Avatar
    Posts
    7,053
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kansas City

    LT!!!!

  20. #370
    meandmybutt's Avatar
    Posts
    13,867
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Antonio

    Originally Posted by SixBean View Post
    Hopefully your son is a better evaluator of talent than his dipshit old man. Not expecting a band geek to know much about basketball though.
    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    probly better than a condom machine stocker...
    how'd your route go today?
    you make it up to enid?


    btw....is that how you heard the story about riley threatening to quit on bob?..........hangin out in toilets?
    Originally Posted by SixBean View Post
    It really is a shame your dad didn't use a condom when ****ing your cow mom.
    Originally Posted by RockE View Post
    his pops and his pops sister (mom) have warned him of this repeatedly but he finds a way to wake up every morning. crazy
    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    hey ****.....maybe you should contribute something.....before call the only person who is contributing....a name...
    On a side note, anyone have more practice or other reports about how Young is doing? I feel like the whole season hinges on whether he is as good as advertised. I'm optimistic about the upcoming season,

  21. #371
    Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    On a side note, anyone have more practice or other reports about how Young is doing? I feel like the whole season hinges on whether he is as good as advertised. I'm optimistic about the upcoming season,
    Fairly good. He's a starter. His passing is fairly good, although sometimes he tries to force things that aren't there and turns it over. I feel like it's just nice to have someone willing to throw alley oops or passes to the posts that we never usually did. He can shoot (obviously).

    As for the rest, Khadeem can knock down a 3 if needed, Jamuni actually tries to shoot a jumpshot, which is refreshing, Odomes is still strong when driving, James is a lot bigger built, but still struggling to shoot.


    Overall, the team is better currently than they were last year at this point. They still have a decent ways to go, and the Australia trip should hopefully help.
    The following users like this post: SplitTD


  22. #372
    Originally Posted by chsguy2013 View Post
    Fairly good. He's a starter. His passing is fairly good, although sometimes he tries to force things that aren't there and turns it over. I feel like it's just nice to have someone willing to throw alley oops or passes to the posts that we never usually did. He can shoot (obviously).

    As for the rest, Khadeem can knock down a 3 if needed, Jamuni actually tries to shoot a jumpshot, which is refreshing, Odomes is still strong when driving, James is a lot bigger built, but still struggling to shoot.


    Overall, the team is better currently than they were last year at this point. They still have a decent ways to go, and the Australia trip should hopefully help.
    so you're calling young the starting pg?
    maybe you'll this time you'll actually be right...


    btw...how many practices have you been to thus far?

  23. #373
    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    so you're calling young the starting pg?
    maybe you'll this time you'll actually be right...


    btw...how many practices have you been to thus far?
    Young will be a starter...unless he is injured or ineligible
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger


  24. #374
    LOL at James still struggling. Kid kills me.

  25. #375
    bpi has four big 12 teams in the preseason top ten: ku, wvu, ou, and tcu.
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger


  26. #376
    Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    He failed to live up to the expectations placed upon him by the fans. That does not make him trash. To be fair you're being unfair to James.

    Maybe I'm getting too old. In my lingo, trash is an insult. Has the meaning changed and it's like bad meaning good? Because he wasn't good enough to be called trash under that definition either.
    He didn't just not live up to expectations. He was not a good player last year. He was a liability when on the floor


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger


  27. #377
    RockE's Avatar
    Posts
    3,867
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ann Arbor

    if James is on the floor we can only hope by having young on the floor he can get the ball to mcgusty and Doolittle in good spots. of course we'd all love for James to be much more effective on both ends but he's got A LOT of work to do.
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger


  28. #378
    Originally Posted by RockE View Post
    if James is on the floor we can only hope by having young on the floor he can get the ball to mcgusty and Doolittle in good spots. of course we'd all love for James to be much more effective on both ends but he's got A LOT of work to do.
    One thing I'll say, in the few practices I've seen, as well as talking to people who go to practice all the time, he is driving more often. He still struggles shooting wise, but with him being strong (everyone has seen it just by the pictures), him being able to drive like Odomes would elevate his game.
    The following users like this post: RockE


  29. #379
    When are we going to Australia?

  30. #380
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    9,278
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    really? who would that be?
    i was the only one posting info and then the dumbazzes showed up with no intention of discussing anything....
    so like i said...sthu...
    Sure, well, keep it up then until the hammer flies.
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger


  31. #381
    Originally Posted by ekeithly View Post
    When are we going to Australia?
    One more practice tomorrow, and then they leave for Australia (the 3rd). They return the 14th.
    3 users like chsguy2013's post: ekeithly, northspeter, Shooter


  32. #382
    john rothstein of cbs sports....
    https://twitter.com/JonRothstein



    Greetings from Norman. Here for Oklahoma practice. Will the Sooners return to the NCAA Tournament in 2018?

    The coolest thing about basketball practice at Oklahoma? Every single one is open to the public. Place is packed on a Wednesday in August.

    Trae Young living up to his billing today. Passing, shooting, and scoring. Will form dynamic back court with Kameron McGusty. Explosive.

    The surprise here at Oklahoma? 6-9 freshman Brady Mannek. Great feel and IQ. Really knows how to play. Will be in Sooners' rotation.

    Early prediction on Oklahoma's starting five: Trae Young, Kameron McGusty, Rashard Odomes, Kristian Doolittle, Khadeem Lattin.

    Palpable buzz at Oklahoma regarding Jamuni McNeace. Showing significantly more polish on offense. Gives Sooners two-headed monster at C.

    So much JaVale McGee in Jamuni McNeace....

    Biggest misnomer regarding Trae Young is that he's just a scorer. Has many different elements to his game. Extremely underrated passer.

    Oklahoma freshman Brady Mannek reminds me of former Iowa forward Aaron White. Super skilled and mature beyond his years. Remember the name.

    So much Aaron White in Brady Mannek....
    so it's sounding like manek won't be redshirting...

    my son attended another practice this week.....
    he said young not only never misses...his shots don't even hit the rim....
    said he finishes on drives with ease...
    he said polla outjumped lattin on an opening tip...
    he said jamuni never misses his baby hook...
    coaches are really pushing james/doolittle/manek..
    said james is scoring alot at the rim...
    he continues to be impressed with shepherd and lazenby...
    he said don't be surprised if young/mcgusty/odomes/manek/jamuni are starting at some point this year....
    The following users like this post: SplitTD

    Last edited by 87sooner; August 2nd, 2017 at 06:22 PM.

  33. #383
    Several reports that James has looked very good so far. And Manek has been a pleasant surprise, Looks ready to contribute this year.

  34. #384
    here is an example of what my son described to me...
    he said young is a great ball handler and is smart......he gets to the basket....and when he gets there....he doesn't get blocked every time like woodard did....

    https://twitter.com/TheGreat_Nate/st...21720008564736

  35. #385
    meandmybutt's Avatar
    Posts
    13,867
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Antonio

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    john rothstein of cbs sports....
    https://twitter.com/JonRothstein




    so it's sounding like manek won't be redshirting...

    my son attended another practice this week.....
    he said young not only never misses...his shots don't even hit the rim....
    said he finishes on drives with ease...
    he said polla outjumped lattin on an opening tip...
    he said jamuni never misses his baby hook...
    coaches are really pushing james/doolittle/manek..
    said james is scoring alot at the rim...
    he continues to be impressed with shepherd and lazenby...
    he said don't be surprised if young/mcgusty/odomes/manek/jamuni are starting at some point this year....
    Hard tO imagine Lattn not starting....barring injury.

  36. #386
    Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    Hard tO imagine Lattn not starting....barring injury.
    lattin just hasn't expanded his game much in 4 years...
    jamuni is coming on strong......if he can figure out the defensive end.....i think he is the better player...

  37. #387
    OU's games in Australia will be on Facebook live and Youtube

    http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=211658965
    3 users like chsguy2013's post: northspeter, Shooter, SplitTD


  38. #388
    2 users like 87sooner's post: SplitTD, theend


  39. #389
    Originally Posted by chsguy2013 View Post
    OU's games in Australia will be on Facebook live and Youtube

    http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=211658965
    Single camera view. That will be awesome!

  40. #390

  41. #391
    2 users like chsguy2013's post: SplitTD, theend


  42. #392
    TStove's Avatar
    Posts
    2,042
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Indianapolis

    OU leads 66-55 at halftime of their first game in NZ. It's live on the OU basketball facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/OUMensBasketball/?ref=br_rs

  43. #393
    Fran Fraschillaā€¸Verified account
    @franfraschilla

    Already made clear @OU_MBBall being overlooked to start year but if @The_underrated5 plays like he has in Australia (17 ppg), dangerous team

    if you don't [email protected]_underrated5 = cj

  44. #394
    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    if you don't [email protected]_underrated5 = cj
    Hopefully he can carry this over to the season. He's one of the X factors for this team with his talent, no doubt.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. #395
    Originally Posted by Bear_Jew View Post
    Hopefully he can carry this over to the season. He's one of the X factors for this team with his talent, no doubt.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sadly, he went for over 40 last year in a Scrimmage against Oregon during the Summer. He needs to prove it on the court during the Season. Because he was pure unadulterated trash last year.

  46. #396
    Originally Posted by BobStoopsGinger View Post
    Sadly, he went for over 40 last year in a Scrimmage against Oregon during the Summer. He needs to prove it on the court during the Season. Because he was pure unadulterated trash last year.
    he proved it on the court .....he led the country in 3pt shooting the first half of the season....
    which player failing will you jerk off to when james plays well?

  47. #397
    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    he proved it on the court .....he led the country in 3pt shooting the first half of the season....
    which player failing will you jerk off to when james plays well?
    He shot well when playing less than average competition.

    He needs to prove he can be a difference maker when it matters


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 users like theend's post: BobStoopsGinger, SixBean


  48. #398
    Originally Posted by theend View Post
    He shot well when playing less than average competition.

    He needs to prove he can be a difference maker when it matters


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We know this. 87 is just a clown.
    2 users like BobStoopsGinger's post: northspeter, SixBean


  49. #399
    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    he proved it on the court .....he led the country in 3pt shooting the first half of the season....
    which player failing will you jerk off to when james plays well?
    When James doesn't play well (like last year), will your moronic ass admit you're wrong? Nope. Didn't think so. Clown.

  50. #400
    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    he proved it on the court .....he led the country in 3pt shooting the first half of the season....
    which player failing will you jerk off to when james plays well?
    I think he shot 46 percent the first half of the season. That's excellent. But I doubt it led the country.

    And if you are going to play this game, you have to look at the last half when we played better competition. The the second half of the season he shot 15 percent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger


Similar Threads

  1. The Walking Dead Offseason thread
    By SoonerBeerSnob in forum Entertainment & Tech
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: September 9th, 2015, 11:43 AM
  2. Buy or Sell - Offseason Thread Warning.
    By oorah_okie in forum Football
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: March 27th, 2014, 02:04 PM

Tags for this Thread