So I gave in and joined the next gen console revolution.

Posted 127 day(s) ago 736 Views 7 Replies

So I gave in and joined the next gen console revolution.

I picked the Xbone because I've always had PlayStation once tech had moved beyond NES and SNES though I'm old enough to remember one very good Christmas getting down on some Asteroid on the Atari 'Santa' brought. The two games I settled on to start were FFXV which was enjoyable and possibly worth a 100% playthrough eventually on a new game+. The second game chose was Witcher 3 Complete Edition. That game is a blast and easily one of the best games I've ever played. I know down the line I'll be getting Skyrim Remastered just because I loved Skyrim on the PS3. So looking for some suggestions for other games in that same category that would be worth getting. Also, if anyone here has played it, is Elder Scrolls Online worth the investment?

Edit: the bundle I got came with Ryse:Son of Rome, Halo 5, and the Halo Masterchief collection. I've beaten Ryse and Halo 5. Both enjoyable but not the most time intensive campaigns. The Masterchief collection is by far my favorite of the games the system came with; I hadn't ever had the chance to play Forward Unto Dawn. So I'm enjoying completing 1-4 in order.
    Last edited by cfin5256; March 18th, 2017 at 11:10 PM.

Originally Posted by cfin5256 View Post
    I picked the Xbone because I've always had PlayStation once tech had moved beyond NES and SNES though I'm old enough to remember one very good Christmas getting down on some Asteroid on the Atari 'Santa' brought. The two games I settled on to start were FFXV which was enjoyable and possibly worth a 100% playthrough eventually on a new game+. The second game chose was Witcher 3 Complete Edition. That game is a blast and easily one of the best games I've ever played. I know down the line I'll be getting Skyrim Remastered just because I loved Skyrim on the PS3. So looking for some suggestions for other games in that same category that would be worth getting. Also, if anyone here has played it, is Elder Scrolls Online worth the investment?

Edit: the bundle I got came with Ryse:Son of Rome, Halo 5, and the Halo Masterchief collection. I've beaten Ryse and Halo 5. Both enjoyable but not the most time intensive campaigns. The Masterchief collection is by far my favorite of the games the system came with; I hadn't ever had the chance to play Forward Unto Dawn. So I'm enjoying completing 1-4 in order.
    Best part of the games are the online play
    The following users like this post: cfin5256

Witcher 3 is a masterpiece love that game.
    I played a little EO online just wasn't my cup of tea but it's not bad. The new Resident Evil is good if you like survival horror games. The new Mass Effect comes out next week as well.

Fallout 4 is supposed to be great and is made by same company that does Skyrim but I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 users like OUMarty's post: cfin5256, DakotaXIV

The best part of Halo 5 is the multi player. And unlike COD you don't have to pay for any new maps.
    The following users like this post: cfin5256

Originally Posted by OUMarty View Post
    I played a little EO online just wasn't my cup of tea but it's not bad. The new Resident Evil is good if you like survival horror games. The new Mass Effect comes out next week as well.

Fallout 4 is supposed to be great and is made by same company that does Skyrim but I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've thought seriously about picking up Fallout 4. That was my ex BIL's favorite game and I hate that sob lol but I will probably look to add it to list eventually. My challenge is going to be not getting too many too soon so I'll have time to finish what I have. Witcher 3 is an incredible game though it got me back in the habit of saving early and saving often lol.
    The following users like this post: OUMarty

ESO is a very addicting game, but I still prefer Skyrim overall. I bought the juiced up release of Skyrim for the PS4 and you can certainly tell a difference over the original version for PS3 and Xbox 360.

I'm currently addicted to Overwatch. I would recommend especially if you enjoy playing online style gaming.

Originally Posted by OUMarty View Post
    I'll 2nd the Witcher suggestion. Favorite game on the new consoles and probably my favorite ever