Is Tennessee the next Baylor?

Posted 72 day(s) ago 2724 Views 43 Replies

SEC Speed Is Tennessee the next Baylor?

Accusations of ****, and cover ups of alleged ****s, abound:

Tennessee Lawsuit Reveals Details Of Unprosecuted **** Case

On April 13, 2013, Tennessee coach Butch Jones announced that football player Marlin Lane was suspended for “disciplinary reasons.” More than a year later, via reporting by the Tennesseean, it was revealed that those “disciplinary reasons” involved a police investigation into if Lane had ****d an 18-year-old high school student.

At the time, it was reported as one of two examples of the university failing to disclose **** investigations involving athletes. The case is back in the news as a part of the sweeping Title IX lawsuit brought against the university, accusing it of “deliberate indifference” to sexual assault by athletes. The woman who said she was ****d isn’t one of the eight plaintiffs; instead, the case is cited as one of several examples of how Tennessee’s athletic department used its influence to hinder investigations.
    Lawsuit: University of Tennessee Had “Deliberate Indifference” Toward Sexual Assaults By Athletes

Six unnamed women sued the University of Tennessee in federal court Tuesday, alleging numerous Title IX violations by the school, an adjudication process heinously biased against victims, and a pattern of sexual assault by male athletes.

The lawsuit outlines serious deficiencies and outright hostility towards female students in the university’s policies, and accuses former football players A.J. Johnson, Riyahd Jones, and Michael Williams; former basketball player Yemi Makanjuola; a current football player named John Doe; and a current non-athlete student named John Doe; of sexual assault. It also says that former player Drae Bowles was twice jumped by his teammates for having the audacity to drive a woman who accused Johnson and Williams of **** to the hospital.
    Former Tennessee Player: Butch Jones Called Me Traitor For Helping Alleged **** Victim

In a sworn affidavit, then-Volunteers football player Drae Bowles says he was attacked and threatened by teammates for helping a woman who told him she had been ****d by players A.J. Johnson and Michael Williams, and told by head coach Butch Jones that he had “betrayed the team.”

Won't take much for Butch to get the boot.
    5 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: BoomSoon2016, BozTheGreat&Powerful, HellVol, soonerschooner, tycat947

Baylor deserves to be razed to the ground. Cut their throats and leave them in the ditch to die.

Tennessee should be punished if they did what was alleged.

However, there is a major problem in all athletics at all levels with regards to how men treat women and also how women treat men. Why is it so hard to be a decent human being? Why is it so hard to treat others with respect? Why is it so hard to NOT ****?!?! I'm not sure what the answer is, but everyone needs to do better and everyone should be held accountable. No exceptions.

Op has a weird fascination with stories like this....Fo sho......
    2 users like Breadburner's post: HellVol, oorah_okie

See...it happens everywhere.

- Baylor fans, Art Briles and Kim Mulkey

Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    Op has a weird fascination with stories like this....Fo sho......
    These people need to be exposed.
    The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by CrimsonHeaven View Post
    Pay no attention to Methburner. He likes to stalk my threads and post meaningless put downs because that is all he has in his arsenal. The next time he makes a coherent point about anything will be the first.

Kinda wondering why this story hasn't received more pub. The links I posted were from a month ago. I did not know about it until earlier this morning.
    2 users like Stinger_1066's post: tycat947, Yuck Fu

HellVol?

The following users like this post: OKIRISHFAN

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Pay no attention to Methburner. He likes to stalk my threads and post meaningless put downs because that is all he has in his arsenal. The next time he makes a coherent point about anything will be the first.

Kinda wondering why this story hasn't received more pub. The links I posted were from a month ago. I did not know about it until earlier this morning.
    ...media preoccupied trying to stop Mixon from being drafted
    ...and what are the odds that a school would have two students named John Doe enrolled at the same time?

SS
    3 users like South slider's post: RockFlagandEagle, Stinger_1066, tycat947

Last edited by South slider; March 19th, 2017 at 01:44 PM.

While absolutely horrid, despicable, a terrible to cover crimes up; Tennessee has a long way to go to even get in the same time zone as Baylor.
    4 users like SoonerSapper's post: OU48A, soonerschooner, Starscreacher, tycat947

Originally Posted by BehindEnemyLines View Post
    HellVol?

ChpThril?

Pay no attention to Methburner. He likes to stalk my threads and post meaningless put downs because that is all he has in his arsenal.
    Burner is to insulting what Mike Lucky is to scolding. a true artist.

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    Burner is to insulting what Mike Lucky is to scolding. a true artist.
    I have no idea what Methburner does for a living, but it can't involve thinking. His most coherent replies consist of "LOL!!!" and "Good lord!!!".

Mike Lucky is a professional writer. He at least knows how to string together more than two words to form a sentence. Whether or not the sentences he strings together are coherent is a different subject.
    5 users like Stinger_1066's post: eightisgreat, Mixer!, RockFlagandEagle, tycat947, Yuck Fu

Originally Posted by South slider View Post
    ...media preoccupied trying to stop Mixon from being drafted
    ...and what are the odds that a school would have two students named John Doe enrolled at the same time?

SS
    This...

I'm obviously not condoning what Mixon did. But the media is ridiculous. There was a ****ing ticker at the bottom of ESPN regarding Baker Mayfield getting arrested for public intox for a week, national outrage for Mixon "only" getting a year suspension for hitting a woman that accosted him first. But when it comes to a massive **** coverup, almost no one is talking about it. **** CASES...... Maybe the worst thing a human can do to another human, and it's back page news on ESPN.
    2 users like RedDirt717's post: BoomSoon2016, FackYouMS

Originally Posted by RedDirt717 View Post
    This...

I'm obviously not condoning what Mixon did. But the media is ridiculous. There was a ****ing ticker at the bottom of ESPN regarding Baker Mayfield getting arrested for public intox for a week, national outrage for Mixon "only" getting a year suspension for hitting a woman that accosted him first. But when it comes to a massive **** coverup, almost no one is talking about it. **** CASES...... Maybe the worst thing a human can do to another human, and it's back page news on ESPN.
    I think it's because there is video, and they can keep playing over and over and over! If there had not been video of this incident, it would probably have been ended 2 years ago.
    The following users like this post: Yuck Fu

Last edited by tycat947; March 20th, 2017 at 01:04 PM.

I have no idea what Methburner does for a living, but it can't involve thinking. His most coherent replies consist of "LOL!!!" and "Good lord!!!".

Mike Lucky is a professional writer. He at least knows how to string together more than two words to form a sentence. Whether or not the sentences he strings together are coherent is a different subject.
    He works at the Wonder Bread bakery in Tulsa.

This...

Adding up the initial incident, the suspension, 26 OU games since his return, and the draft outrage, Mixon has gotten an order of magnitude more coverage than any individual Baylor player. That includes convicted rapists who stayed on campus through multiple credible allegations. If he tears up the NFL, by the end of his career his case will definitely be better known than what happened at Baylor and Tennessee.
    2 users like AppalachianSooner's post: RockFlagandEagle, tycat947

Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
    I think it's because there is video, and they can keep playing over and over and over! If there had not be video of this incident, it would probably have been ended 2 years ago.
    I think you are correct. It's almost like the public wants different charges to be leveled on people who have their "crimes" captured on video.
    The following users like this post: tycat947

Originally Posted by Rufus T Firefly View Post
    This article said "****" like 7 times.
    they must really like ****.

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    I think you are correct. It's almost like the public wants different charges to be leveled on people who have their "crimes" captured on video.

Briles and Butch Jones are both complete douche bags. None of this sounds far fetched...at all.

Originally Posted by SoonerSapper View Post
    While absolutely horrid, despicable, a terrible to cover crimes up; Tennessee has a long way to go to even get in the same time zone as Baylor.
    You gotta give them credit for following the Baylor blueprint with such precision, though.

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    Baylor deserves to be razed to the ground. Cut their throats and leave them in the ditch to die.

Tennessee should be punished if they did what was alleged.

However, there is a major problem in all athletics at all levels with regards to how men treat women and also how women treat men. Why is it so hard to be a decent human being? Why is it so hard to treat others with respect? Why is it so hard to NOT ****?!?! I'm not sure what the answer is, but everyone needs to do better and everyone should be held accountable. No exceptions.

..and so far basically nothing has happened at Baylor, besides folks getting fired. No criminal charges and no ncaa or Big 12 sanctions. It's interesting times in deed.

Meh, I am all for Butch getting shit canned, but what I do know about these incidents, is the reason that the whole shit fest hasn't been all over the national media. It's really much to do about nothing. I'm not for covering anything up involving my school. It would give me even more reasons to bash our administration.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Oh and the only reason old man winter started this thread is because he thinks this a way to bash me. For the last time "I DON'T ****ING CARE, YOU OLD DOUCHE FOUNTAIN. YOU AND 87 CAN GET BACK TO SHOVING DILDOS UP EACH OTHERS ASSES, YOU SHEEPOPHILES."

2 users like HellVol's post: oorah_okie, SoonerFred

Originally Posted by HellVol View Post
    Oh and the only reason old man winter started this thread is because he thinks this a way to bash me. For the last time "I DON'T ****ING CARE, YOU OLD DOUCHE FOUNTAIN. YOU AND 87 CAN GET BACK TO SHOVING DILDOS UP EACH OTHERS ASSES, YOU SHEEPOPHILES."

Meh, I am all for Butch getting shit canned, but what I do know about these incidents, is the reason that the whole shit fest hasn't been all over the national media. It's really much to do about nothing. I'm not for covering anything up involving my school. It would give me even more reasons to bash our administration.

Explain that. 6 women put their asses on the line to sue in federal court and you are telling us nothing happened?!?!?!

Baylor was able to cover up their shit for several years before it went public. Just because it hasn't gone viral doesn't mean nothing happened, in fact there is a better chance something very egregious did happen.

Last edited by eightisgreat; March 21st, 2017 at 03:39 PM.

This...

MSESPN is the ****ing worst. All they do is talk about how LeBron feels about politics and how an athlete did something so incredibly minor that it's outrageously offensive. I hope the go out of business.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    See...it happens everywhere.

- Baylor fans, Art Briles and Kim Mulkey
    Thankfully not with the Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

Originally Posted by eightisgreat View Post
    Explain that. 6 women put their asses on the line to sue in federal court and you are telling us nothing happened?!?!?!

Baylor was able to cover up their shit for several years before it went public. Just because it hasn't gone viral doesn't mean nothing happened, in fact there is a better chance something very egregious did happen.
    Call me when you change your tampon, ma'am.

Accusations of ****, and cover ups of alleged ****s, abound:

[URL="http://deadspin.com/tennessee-lawsuit-reveals-details-of-unprosecuted-****-1761148575"]Tennessee Lawsuit Reveals Details Of Unprosecuted **** Case[/URL

Lawsuit: University of Tennessee Had “Deliberate Indifference” Toward Sexual Assaults By Athletes

Former Tennessee Player: Butch Jones Called Me Traitor For Helping Alleged **** Victim

They're not called UThug for nothing. UT has always been dirty.
    3 users like GeorgiaSooner's post: CrimsonHeaven, Stinger_1066, tycat947

Then we can start up the "Gruden to UT" rumors again.
    2 users like GeorgiaSooner's post: HellVol, tycat947

Call me when you change your tampon, ma'am.

What are you going to do with it? Use it as a tea bag?

Seriously though, so you admit some serious shit is about to hit the fan? You should be happy that Butch will be gone before next season.

What are you going to do with it? Use it as a tea bag?

Seriously though, so you admit some serious shit is about to hit the fan? You should be happy that Butch will be gone before next season.
    Like I said, I'm all for Butch getting shit canned, but knowing what I know about this case, I don't think anything will be hitting the fan for various reasons. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Tennessee to the XII

Originally Posted by CrimsonHeaven View Post
    The following users like this post: DIB

You obviously don't get it. The only reason I started this thread was to bash HellVol.

2 users like Stinger_1066's post: cccasooner2, OKIRISHFAN

You obviously don't get it. The only reason I started this thread was to bash HellVol.

2 users like Mazeppa's post: Stinger_1066, tycat947

wouldn't Tennessee need to win the conference first? They haven't won since '98.

Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post

wouldn't Tennessee need to win the conference first? They haven't won since '98.

Better watch your back. You are on HellVol's list now.

troll thread;move to payne county

Better watch your back.
    oh, um ... uh ... well, the vols did win a natty that year.

when i lived in the tennessee valley in the early '90s, bama owned the vols like they do now. but beginning in '95, the vols won 10 of 12 in the series. since, bama has won 10 straight. it would help everyone if tennessee could get back to competing with them again.

Tre'Von Armstead says we should let Baylor finish Bayloring before we have this conversation
    The following users like this post: Mazeppa