2017 MLB Season

Posted 328 day(s) ago by yaz67mvp62395 Views 957 Replies
Results 901 to 950 of 958
Page 19 of 20 9 17 18 19 20
  1. #901
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    KC? Did you see that the Rangers are bringing in Wakamatso as a bench coach?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. He's a good guy. Not really sure why we cleaned out a bunch of coaches.

  2. #902
    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    No. He's a good guy. Not really sure why we cleaned out a bunch of coaches.

    He has a ring. He was the Rangers 2nd choice when they hired Washington.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek


  3. #903
    Mixer!'s Avatar
    Posts
    4,490
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    near Tampa

    When does the hot stove thread get here?

  4. #904
    yaz67mvp's Avatar
    Posts
    1,773
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by Mixer! View Post
    When does the hot stove thread get here?
    Let's do it! One of my favorite times of the year.
    The following users like this post: Mixer!


  5. #905
    Hot stove thread is up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: yaz67mvp


  6. #906
    Altuve, Bregman and Soringer were on SNL tonight. Pretty funny


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #907
    yaz67mvp's Avatar
    Posts
    1,773
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    Altuve, Bregman and Soringer were on SNL tonight. Pretty funny


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would have seen it.....if I hadn't stopped watching SNL after the election a year ago. Let me guess, there was also an Alec Baldwin, as Trump, skit.
    Unwatchable for me now.
    3 users like yaz67mvp's post: Greek Sooner, KCRuf/Nek, ToddCo99


  8. #908
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by yaz67mvp View Post
    Would have seen it.....if I hadn't stopped watching SNL after the election a year ago. Let me guess, there was also an Alec Baldwin, as Trump, skit.
    Unwatchable for me now.
    You hung on more than 20 years longer than I did.
    2 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: Greek Sooner, Strangers


  9. #909
    Actually I was flipping through the channels and Altuve is what caught my eye


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #910
    yaz67mvp's Avatar
    Posts
    1,773
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    You hung on more than 20 years longer than I did.
    Oh, I wasn't a regular viewer. Saw it on occasion. Now? Not one minute.....ever.
    2 users like yaz67mvp's post: KCRuf/Nek, ToddCo99


  11. #911
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    GG winners announced. At least the Judge ball licking took a break.

    American League
    C: Martin Maldonado, Angels (1st career Gold Glove)
    1B: Eric Hosmer, Royals (4th career Gold Glove)
    2B: Brian Dozier, Twins (1st career Gold Glove)
    3B: Evan Longoria, Rays (3rd career Gold Glove)
    SS: Andrelton Simmons, Angels (3rd career Gold Glove)
    LF: Alex Gordon, Royals (5th career Gold Glove)
    CF: Byron Buxton, Twins (1st career Gold Glove)
    RF: Mookie Betts, Red Sox (2nd career Gold Glove)
    P: Marcus Stroman, Blue Jays (1st career Gold Glove)

    National League
    C: Tucker Barnhart, Reds (1st career Gold Glove)
    1B: Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs (3rd career Gold Glove)
    2B: DJ LeMahieu, Rockies (2nd career Gold Glove)
    3B: Nolan Arenado, Rockies (5th career Gold Glove)
    SS: Brandon Crawford, Giants (3rd career Gold Glove)
    LF: Marcell Ozuna, Marlins (1st career Gold Glove)
    CF: Ender Inciarte, Braves (2nd career Gold Glove)
    RF: Jason Heyward, Cubs (5th career Gold Glove)
    P: Zack Greinke, D-backs (4th career Gold Glove)
    The following users like this post: Greek Sooner


  12. #912
    yaz67mvp's Avatar
    Posts
    1,773
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    GG winners announced. At least the Judge ball licking took a break.

    American League
    C: Martin Maldonado, Angels (1st career Gold Glove)
    1B: Eric Hosmer, Royals (4th career Gold Glove)
    2B: Brian Dozier, Twins (1st career Gold Glove)
    3B: Evan Longoria, Rays (3rd career Gold Glove)
    SS: Andrelton Simmons, Angels (3rd career Gold Glove)
    LF: Alex Gordon, Royals (5th career Gold Glove)
    CF: Byron Buxton, Twins (1st career Gold Glove)
    RF: Mookie Betts, Red Sox (2nd career Gold Glove)
    P: Marcus Stroman, Blue Jays (1st career Gold Glove)

    National League
    C: Tucker Barnhart, Reds (1st career Gold Glove)
    1B: Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs (3rd career Gold Glove)
    2B: DJ LeMahieu, Rockies (2nd career Gold Glove)
    3B: Nolan Arenado, Rockies (5th career Gold Glove)
    SS: Brandon Crawford, Giants (3rd career Gold Glove)
    LF: Marcell Ozuna, Marlins (1st career Gold Glove)
    CF: Ender Inciarte, Braves (2nd career Gold Glove)
    RF: Jason Heyward, Cubs (5th career Gold Glove)
    P: Zack Greinke, D-backs (4th career Gold Glove)
    Happy to see Mookie garner another. Not bad for a guy who came through the minors as a 2nd baseman.

  13. #913
    J-Hey with his 5th Gold Glove award. Very nice!

  14. #914
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by yaz67mvp View Post
    Happy to see Mookie garner another. Not bad for a guy who came through the minors as a 2nd baseman.
    Was sorry to see Salvy not win but we still know how valuable he is. Congrats to Hos, Alex, and Zack. If Hos does go I'll miss his glove as much as anything.

    Any truth to the rumor that Tex pulled a hammy while taping the show?

  15. #915
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    And the all time NL OF was Mays, clemente, and Andruw Jones?

  16. #916
    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    GG winners announced. At least the Judge ball licking took a break.

    American League
    C: Martin Maldonado, Angels (1st career Gold Glove)
    1B: Eric Hosmer, Royals (4th career Gold Glove)
    2B: Brian Dozier, Twins (1st career Gold Glove)
    3B: Evan Longoria, Rays (3rd career Gold Glove)
    SS: Andrelton Simmons, Angels (3rd career Gold Glove)
    LF: Alex Gordon, Royals (5th career Gold Glove)
    CF: Byron Buxton, Twins (1st career Gold Glove)
    RF: Mookie Betts, Red Sox (2nd career Gold Glove)
    P: Marcus Stroman, Blue Jays (1st career Gold Glove)

    National League
    C: Tucker Barnhart, Reds (1st career Gold Glove)
    1B: Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs (3rd career Gold Glove)
    2B: DJ LeMahieu, Rockies (2nd career Gold Glove)
    3B: Nolan Arenado, Rockies (5th career Gold Glove)
    SS: Brandon Crawford, Giants (3rd career Gold Glove)
    LF: Marcell Ozuna, Marlins (1st career Gold Glove)
    CF: Ender Inciarte, Braves (2nd career Gold Glove)
    RF: Jason Heyward, Cubs (5th career Gold Glove)
    P: Zack Greinke, D-backs (4th career Gold Glove)
    Nobody ever said Judge was GG caliber. If they did they're talking out their ass

    Some interesting choices here though...
    Longoria over Machado is a joke.
    Maldonado over Perez is a joke
    Barnhardt over Molina is a joke

  17. #917
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by BozTheGreat&Powerful View Post
    Nobody ever said Judge was GG caliber. If they did they're talking out their ass

    Some interesting choices here though...
    Longoria over Machado is a joke.
    Maldonado over Perez is a joke
    Barnhardt over Molina is a joke
    No but I'm so tired of hearing about him so anything is possible.

    As a homer I'd like to **** about Salvy but it's done. I see him from that CF camera every night and it's hard to imagine anyone better. Yadi had two tough guys in his group but it's hard to imagine him not winning either.

  18. #918
    Redhawk's Avatar
    Posts
    7,353
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO

    Nolan Arenado is the first player to win 5 gold gloves in his first 5 years in the league.

    Today he was named "2017 Majestic Always Game Award winner" This award is given to the player who best exhibits grit, tenacity, perseverance and hustle.....and yet he wasn't a finalist for NL MVP. Stanton...yes, Goldy...yes, Votto????

    The following users like this post: Stein7495


  19. #919
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Moose wins a second Comeback POY award and will donate the money to Ace's charity.

    Jeffrey Flanagan ✔@FlannyMLB

    Mike Moustakas said he’ll use the charity money that comes with winning the Players Choice comeback player award to donate to the ACE 30 Fund, in honor of late Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura.

    Royals’ Mike Moustakas named Players Choice American League Comeback Player of the Year

    http://fox4kc.com/2017/11/08/royals-...r-of-the-year/
    The following users like this post: Redhawk


  20. #920
    Yeah, Giant Fans were surprised that Posey was beat out by Barnhardt. But Posey didn't play catcher all the time.

  21. #921
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by NWOSURanger View Post
    Yeah, Giant Fans were surprised that Posey was beat out by Barnhardt. But Posey didn't play catcher all the time.
    You only have to play so many.

  22. #922
    I think Posey played 1st base in about 20 games.

  23. #923
    yaz67mvp's Avatar
    Posts
    1,773
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Josh Beckett a little out of control.....and he's only 37?

    http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/11/josh-b...-stage-attack/

    Ex-MLB star Josh Beckett was arrested after allegedly going full NFL linebacker on a country band ... completely laying out the singer and causing injuries, TMZ Sports has learned.

    We're told the 37-year-old -- who won World Series MVP with the Marlins in 2003 -- was at an open mic night at a country club in Texas with some friends when he jumped on to the stage mid-performance and tackled the singer.
    Last edited by yaz67mvp; November 11th, 2017 at 03:19 PM.

  24. #924
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.


  25. #925
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.



    Kasey turned the Golden Gloves into the Golden globes.


  26. #926
    yaz67mvp's Avatar
    Posts
    1,773
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post


    Kasey turned the Golden Gloves into the Golden globes.

    I've just had a sudden desire to see Hosmer in Boston next season. Maybe I could see the globes at spring training.

  27. #927
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by yaz67mvp View Post
    I've just had a sudden desire to see Hosmer in Boston next season. Maybe I could see the globes at spring training.
    After leaving here his gf got a job at a Boston TV station. None of the fatties here like here as they feel she's keeping Hos from them. I've met her. She's a nice girl. She just has a bit of a rep as a cleat chaser.

  28. #928
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Had Ned not had his cell phone they think he'd have bled out in a couple of hours. Apparently even once in the OR he had a 30% chance of not making it.

  29. #929
    yaz67mvp's Avatar
    Posts
    1,773
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    After leaving here his gf got a job at a Boston TV station. None of the fatties here like here as they feel she's keeping Hos from them. I've met her. She's a nice girl. She just has a bit of a rep as a cleat chaser.
    She can join the club in Boston. Heidi Watney was at NESN and supposedly had a fling with Jason Varitek. Jenny Dell was fooling around with Will Middlebrooks...and decided to marry him. Even the manager got in on the act, with Farrell's affair with Comcast SporsNet's Jessica Moran. Kacie needs to realize that if Hos goes to Boston, she's out at NESN. It happens to all of them.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek


  30. #930
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by yaz67mvp View Post
    She can join the club in Boston. Heidi Watney was at NESN and supposedly had a fling with Jason Varitek. Jenny Dell was fooling around with Will Middlebrooks...and decided to marry him. Even the manager got in on the act, with Farrell's affair with Comcast SporsNet's Jessica Moran. Kacie needs to realize that if Hos goes to Boston, she's out at NESN. It happens to all of them.
    She ended up in KC as the result of her being Aaron Murray's fiance. I believe she also dated an Eagles player. She doesn't seem to be attracted to the likes of you and me.

    Heidi Watney.
    The following users like this post: yaz67mvp


  31. #931
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Listening to Ned talk about being at the hospital. Very intense. Even I, with all my procedures, am getting a little squeamish. Wonder if he'll even be able to manage us at all?

    http://www.610sports.com/media/audio...yost-interview
    Last edited by KCRuf/Nek; November 14th, 2017 at 05:11 PM.

  32. #932
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Yaz no mention of the passing of HOF Bobby Doerr? 99 years is a helluva run.

  33. #933
    yaz67mvp's Avatar
    Posts
    1,773
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Yaz no mention of the passing of HOF Bobby Doerr? 99 years is a helluva run.
    I suspected nobody here would much care. Last surviving member of "The Teammates ", David Halberstam's book about Williams, Pesky, Dom DiMaggio and Doerr. A great read.

    https://books.google.com/books/about...kp_read_button
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek


  34. #934
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by yaz67mvp View Post
    I suspected nobody here would much care. Last surviving member of "The Teammates ", David Halberstam's book about Williams, Pesky, Dom DiMaggio and Doerr. A great read.

    https://books.google.com/books/about...kp_read_button
    I've read that book. I am also familiar with the name. Isn't he the one that held the ball?

  35. #935
    yaz67mvp's Avatar
    Posts
    1,773
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I've read that book. I am also familiar with the name. Isn't he the one that held the ball?
    Pesky is the one who held the relay. Dimaggio had tied the game in the 8th with a 2 run double but pulled his hamstring on the play and had to leave the game. Enos Slaughter scored from first on a drive to left-center. Dimaggio's replacement fielded the ball and relayed to Pesky. No idea if Dimaggio leaving the game had any effect on the play. Pesky relay was delayed and cost them the game, and Series.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek


  36. #936
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by yaz67mvp View Post
    Pesky is the one who held the relay. Dimaggio had tied the game in the 8th with a 2 run double but pulled his hamstring on the play and had to leave the game. Enos Slaughter scored from first on a drive to left-center. Dimaggio's replacement fielded the ball and relayed to Pesky. No idea if Dimaggio leaving the game had any effect on the play. Pesky relay was delayed and cost them the game, and Series.
    That's right. I used to think about that play back when Cain scored twice from first that year in the playoffs.

  37. #937
    yaz67mvp's Avatar
    Posts
    1,773
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    That's right. I used to think about that play back when Cain scored twice from first that year in the playoffs.
    Didn't stop me from picking up a Pesky autographed ball a few years ago. Saw him at spring training on a couple of occasions.

    Tried to embed this, but no luck.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t7IgTE593oA
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

    Last edited by yaz67mvp; November 20th, 2017 at 09:30 PM.

  38. #938
    Stanton to the Yankees?

  39. #939
    yaz67mvp's Avatar
    Posts
    1,773
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    Stanton to the Yankees?
    Yep. Guess it should come as no surprise.

  40. #940
    Originally Posted by yaz67mvp View Post
    Yep. Guess it should come as no surprise.
    If they get to keep Judge then it looks like a return, to an extent, of "murderers row."

  41. #941
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    If they get to keep Judge then it looks like a return, to an extent, of "murderers row."
    Without even one pitch yet to have been thrown.

    What OF spot will be affected so Stanton can play?

  42. #942
    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Without even one pitch yet to have been thrown.

    What OF spot will be affected so Stanton can play?
    Judge and Stanton play right field so they will likely alternate with the non fielder taking the designated hitter position.

  43. #943
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Jack Morris needs to go to church and light a thank God I pitched that whole game in 1991 candle.

  44. #944
    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Jack Morris needs to go to church and light a thank God I pitched that whole game in 1991 candle.
    Not to mention he led MLB in Wins in the 80s.

  45. #945
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by soonerson View Post
    Not to mention he led MLB in Wins in the 80s.
    I'd rather see other players in before him. Tony Oliva comes to mind.

    lots of people led the decade in something. I believe Mark Grace had the most hits in the 90's. Lee smith the most saves in the 80's. You won't see them getting in.

  46. #946
    yaz67mvp's Avatar
    Posts
    1,773
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    I was hoping Luis Tiant would make it this time but it was not to be. His numbers are comparable to Catfish Hunter but no WS championships.

  47. #947
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by yaz67mvp View Post
    I was hoping Luis Tiant would make it this time but it was not to be. His numbers are comparable to Catfish Hunter but no WS championships.
    That shouldn't matter.

  48. #948
    yaz67mvp's Avatar
    Posts
    1,773
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    That shouldn't matter.
    This chart most likely won't post correctly, but their numbers are ridiculously similar.

    Luis Tiant
    Career G GS GF W L PCT ERA CG SHO SV IP BFP H ER R HR BB IBB SO WP HBP BK HLD 19 Years
    573 484 51 229 172 .571 3.30 187 49 15 3,486.1 14,365 3,075 1,280 1,400 346 1,104 53 2,416 27 49 4 -
    Catfish Hunter
    Career G GS GF W L PCT ERA CG SHO SV IP BFP H ER R HR BB IBB SO WP HBP BK HLD 15 Years
    500 476 6 224 166 .574 3.26 181 42 1 3,449.1 14,032 2,958 1,248 1,380 374 954 57 2,012 49 49 7 -

  49. #949
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Just those four or five rings.

  50. #950
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    56,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Here you go, Yaz.



    With a young Leslie Visser


Similar Threads

  1. Oklahoma Sooners 2017 Gymnastics Season
    By SoonernVolved in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 235
    Last Post: October 17th, 2017, 12:15 PM
  2. Oklahoma 2017 Tennis Season
    By SoonernVolved in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: May 30th, 2017, 07:03 PM
  3. NewsOK: OU softball opens 2017 season as preseason No. 1
    By Mex The Dog in forum The Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 31st, 2017, 03:30 PM
  4. Way too early 2017 pre-season poll
    By SoonernVolved in forum Football
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 10th, 2017, 03:53 PM
  5. Early Look At 2017 Season
    By Cashion10 in forum Football
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: January 9th, 2017, 07:24 PM

Tags for this Thread