***Official Oklahoma City Thunder 2016/17 Playoff Thread***

Posted 75 day(s) ago by Bear_Jew40514 Views 1610 Replies
Page 13 of 33 3 11 12 13 14 15 23
    Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    Not to throw cold water on all the hot takes because they are brilliant, but there is a lot of over reacting going on.

Russ had a bad quarter and reverted to some old bad habits that he has largely gotten over. Plus those rabbits he pulled out of his hat at Dallas, Orlando and Denver gave him a sense that he could do it all alone.

I bet this was a wake up call and he will be much better next game.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    Hot takes are overrated. Houston has done what they were supposed to. There's no reason to freak out unless we drop a game at home. I still think it will be 2-2 and hopefully that means Donovan has figured out the rockets. It does suck to lose a game though that we led all the way until it was like 94-92.
    If I'm not mistaken, all 3 series against San Antonio, we dropped the first 2 games and took them all to 6 games and won 2 of the series.

It's obvious we need a new second best and probably third best player.

This team is out of whack with players not good enough for that spot in the pecking order on the team.

Vic would be great as a third or fourth guy. Second???? Not so much.

It's on Presti and Russ to find and get those guys on the team.

I said it last night, but the chances of Presti relying on "internal growth" and not making any big moves is a very real possibility judging by his past performance. He'll try to find a wing in the draft and probably try to trade for a guy still on a rookie deal or sign a cheap free agent.

You know, in other words continue to go with young guys who still need developing while he has a ****ing MVP in his prime who'll have to babysit these guys.

If that happens that'll be gm malpractice.

I would love to be wrong and be fed a heaping helping of crow. But I am terrified I'll be right.

Let's see the list of FA's that you think the Thunder can get.

Will Billy finally shorten the damn rotation? For this series, should be starters, plus grant, kanter, and maybe mcbuckets if he's hitting shots. Maybe christon as long as he just plays defense and doesn't shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 users like Bear_Jew's post: ChocoLab, SoonerVikeThunder

Originally Posted by Quik Sand View Post
    Who knows.

That's why I included Russ.

It's up to Russ to convince somebody to sign and Presti and the capoligists in the front office to figure out how.

Originally Posted by Quik Sand View Post
    Especially a list of guys that would be the 2nd or 3rd best players on this team.

Originally Posted by Bear_Jew View Post
    Will Billy finally shorten the damn rotation? For this series, should be starters, plus grant, kanter, and maybe mcbuckets if he's hitting shots. Maybe christon as long as he just plays defense and doesn't shoot

I think I heard that 12 guys played last night. That's just ridiculous, even if it was just 10. I wouldn't play christon for one second. Russ plays all but 4 minutes for me and in those 4 minutes let oladipo play the point. Maybe bring in collison for those 4 minutes only, since he's probably the best passing big man on the team. Other than that Roberson should only rest when harden is on the bench and singler better be in street clothes.
    4 users like Zack's post: Bear_Jew, oucub23, OUMarty, SoonerVikeThunder

There's the Thunder meltdown from last night and then there's whatever the **** the Pacers are doing right now.

Also Mil is ahead of Tor 62-33 in the 3rd qtr. 33 points, WTF?

Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I think I heard that 12 guys played last night. That's just ridiculous, even if it was just 10. I wouldn't play christon for one second. Russ plays all but 4 minutes for me and in those 4 minutes let oladipo play the point. Maybe bring in collison for those 4 minutes only, since he's probably the best passing big man on the team. Other than that Roberson should only rest when harden is on the bench and singler better be in street clothes.
    This is 100% on point.

I agreed with Gilman for the first time I think today. He said play Russ all 48. If he needs a breather, they could always give some cheap fouls on a poor shooter.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    This is 100% on point.

I agreed with Gilman for the first time I think today. He said play Russ all 48. If he needs a breather, they could always give some cheap fouls on a poor shooter.
    Yeah, even if we do somehow get through this series, we aren't going very far in the playoffs. He'll get plenty of rest in the offseason.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    This is 100% on point.

If they can't rest him for 3 or 4 minutes then they don't deserve to win. But if Donovan plays him 41 minutes again it will be a mistake

He would have been a great fit.
    But we did get olapido and he is a similar player to booker. Booker has tons more potential though

I don't think it owuld have made KD stay. that wasn't happening unless Russ was gone.

I wonder what it would take to get booker from the suns

Originally Posted by theend View Post

I wonder what it would take to get booker from the suns
    Westbrook

Russ will never win a championship bc he has the lowest basketball IQ in the league. Period.

LeBron told the Heat to draft Shabazz Napier

And then he went to Cleveland

2 users like SG1's post: East_Texas_Sooner, RedStripe

I don't think bball IQ is Russ' problem.

It's the "hold my beer and watch this" mentality.

Unless you put that under the bball IQ category then I would agree.

3 users like SG1's post: Hammer2Bones, kopp0e, theend

Originally Posted by ourn View Post
    Russ will never win a championship bc he has the lowest basketball IQ in the league. Period.
    ok

I don't think bball IQ is Russ' problem.

It's the "hold my beer and watch this" mentality.

Unless you put that under the bball IQ category then I would agree.

It's not.

Westbrook's biggest strength is also he biggest weakness sometimes.

His relentlessness.
    2 users like East_Texas_Sooner's post: kopp0e, Spade1000

Originally Posted by Bear_Jew View Post
    Yeah, even if we do somehow get through this series, we aren't going very far in the playoffs. He'll get plenty of rest in the offseason.

Could be, but I still maintain the Rockets are the worst matchup for the Thunder in the west. Worse than even GS because of the shooters on their second unit. If they get past Houston, they will have a better chance of getting out of that series than I think they did this one. Just my opinion.
    2 users like Section31's post: Bear_Jew, MikeLucky

Billy needs to use every single timeout as a way to get Russ some rest. Take 3 full timeouts in a 2 minute stretch, and center it around a TV timeout to turn 2 minutes of floor time into 15 minutes of game time. When Russ is not on the floor, take the air out of the ball and shoot with less than 3 seconds on the shot clock. Minimize the number of possessions played when Russ is off the court. Also, use Norris Cole as the bPG. I know he sucks, but at least he has been there before. Plus, it's not humanly possible to play worse than Semajh has, unless your name is Kyle Singler.

Speaking of which... The moment that Russ snapped and lost his ****ing mind was a 2 minute stretch where Singler and Sabonis couldn't finish easy layups off of Russ's dime. Not sure Russ passed the ball again in the game. Singler and Sabonis might be the two worst players in the NBA. That's not hyperbole. DONT ****ING PUT THEM ON THE FLOOR AT THE SAME TIME IN AN NBA PLAYOFF GAME.

Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    Billy needs to use every single timeout as a way to get Russ some rest. Take 3 full timeouts in a 2 minute stretch, and center it around a TV timeout to turn 2 minutes of floor time into 15 minutes of game time. When Russ is not on the floor, take the air out of the ball and shoot with less than 3 seconds on the shot clock. Minimize the number of possessions played when Russ is off the court. Also, use Norris Cole as the bPG. I know he sucks, but at least he has been there before. Plus, it's not humanly possible to play worse than Semajh has, unless your name is Kyle Singler.

Speaking of which... The moment that Russ snapped and lost his ****ing mind was a 2 minute stretch where Singler and Sabonis couldn't finish easy layups off of Russ's dime. Not sure Russ passed the ball again in the game. Singler and Sabonis might be the two worst players in the NBA. That's not hyperbole. DONT ****ING PUT THEM ON THE FLOOR AT THE SAME TIME IN AN NBA PLAYOFF GAME.
    They're a legit offensive juggernaut when on the floor with Semaj and Dre though.
    The following users like this post: ChocoLab

Adam Joseph‏ @AdamJosephSport

Oklahoma City were outscored by 15 points in the 6+ minutes that Russell Westbrook sat on Wednesday. Big problem to figure out for Donovan.
    10:07 AM · Apr 21, 2017 from Melbourne, Victoria

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Clippers fan making fun of the Thunder. BTW, Doc Rivers is a worthless coach who only has a title because of his players, not himself
    I'm not making fun of the Thunder. I share their misery because for the most part, LAC seems to disappoint early on and bows out earlier than expected.

I'm not a Rivers fan. But you can easily say that the majority of NBA champion coaches have won because of the superstar rosters they have had. An exception would be the Pistons under Brown.

Doc Rivers, Steve Kerr, Tyronn Lue, Rick Carlisle, Phil Jackson, Rudy Tomjanovich, Erik Spoelstra, Pat Riley all have had beyond belief talent that won them championships.

Pop has and has had incredible teams that have won championships but I truly believe he's an exception as I think he's the best coach of all time and can coach any kind of team to a success.

Originally Posted by Oklahomey View Post
    I'm not making fun of the Thunder. I share their misery because for the most part, LAC seems to disappoint early on and bows out earlier than expected.

I'm not a Rivers fan. But you can easily say that the majority of NBA champion coaches have won because of the superstar rosters they have had. An exception would be the Pistons under Brown.

Doc Rivers, Steve Kerr, Tyronn Lue, Rick Carlisle, Phil Jackson, Rudy Tomjanovich, Erik Spoelstra, Pat Riley all have had beyond belief talent that won them championships.

Pop has and has had incredible teams that have won championships but I truly believe he's an exception as I think he's the best coach of all time and can coach any kind of team to a success.

Mavs did not have massive talent they had Dirk and that was their only star.

Originally Posted by SoonerVikeThunder View Post
    Mavs did not have massive talent they had Dirk and that was their only star.
    Tyson Chandler, Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, Peja Stojakovic

Thunder don't have that kind of roster. It's Westbrook and that's it.

I think we get good Vic tonight which should mean the Thunder will win.

The only thing that gives me pause is if Houston goes crazy from three.

Checkerboard sectional fan shirts tonight

Shirts look cool close up tho

We will win tonight. One game at a time. Then if we can get a Sun win it builds confidence and puts doubt in Rox minds.

Then its a 3 game series. If we could mount a 2-2 tie I think we can win the series. Need Russ to use more players in crunch. Need players to step up.

So we take a two day break between Game 1 and 2 in Houston, but only take a 1 day break when traveling from Houston to OKC for game 3?

Originally Posted by East_Texas_Sooner View Post
    So we take a two day break between Game 1 and 2 in Houston, but only take a 1 day break when traveling from Houston to OKC for game 3?
    TV baby

We will win tonight. One game at a time. Then if we can get a Sun win it builds confidence and puts doubt in Rox minds.

Then its a 3 game series. If we could mount a 2-2 tie I think we can win the series. Need Russ to use more players in crunch. Need players to step up.
    I agree that we win tonight. I don't think Russ needs to rely on others in crunch time. Just get a lead and keep it this time.
    The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
    Could be, but I still maintain the Rockets are the worst matchup for the Thunder in the west. Worse than even GS because of the shooters on their second unit. If they get past Houston, they will have a better chance of getting out of that series than I think they did this one. Just my opinion.
    I said this back after they trounced us in the regular season...

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    I'm going to go ahead on record say that I don't care where we're seeded, I just don't want to play Houston.

They will effectually die by the 3, but it won't be against us. They just clearly are fired up to beat us.
    If we somehow beat them in this series it will be a HUGE accomplishment​.
    2 users like MikeLucky's post: oucub23, SoonerVikeThunder

I agree that we win tonight. I don't think Russ needs to rely on others in crunch time. Just get a lead and keep it this time.
    Adams stay the **** out of the way ! This Dude slogs thru the game and is a defensive liability. His rebounding is pitiful---something is wrong with Adams---mentally/physically.

Originally Posted by freedombird View Post
    Adams stay the **** out of the way ! This Dude slogs thru the game and is a defensive liability. His rebounding is pitiful---something is wrong with Adams---mentally/physically.
    Someone needs to kick him in the nuts
    2 users like barlowd's post: freedombird, SoonerVikeThunder

He and kanter are too busy dicking around on their off days.
    The following users like this post: freedombird

Bleacher [email protected]_Math legend @danfavale is predicting Andre Roberson to get a 4year, $88m deal this summer:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamJosep...66897097482240

Bleacher [email protected]_Math legend @danfavale is predicting Andre Roberson to get a 4year, $88m deal this summer:

To be honest if we paid him half of that I would be disappointed.
    The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder

If he can get that, great for him. I'd pay 4 yr, $32M
    3 users like barlowd's post: SoonerVikeThunder, Spade1000, theSeanDon

He and kanter are too busy dicking around on their off days.
    Someone needs to tell them they are NBA players and not junior high comedians--enough of rabbit ears and mugging for the camera "MATES" .

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    If he can get that, great for him. I'd pay 4 yr, $32M
    Right. If a team is going to pay him $21 million I can guarantee they will be in the lottery for awhile.
    2 users like Zack's post: freedombird, SoonerVikeThunder

Someone needs to tell them they are NBA players and not junior high comedians--enough of rabbit ears and mugging for the camera "MATES" .
    i think kanter works hard in the offseason. If not then he's a natural when it comes to offense. But it doesn't appear that Adams worked very hard last summer.
    2 users like Zack's post: ChocoLab, freedombird

Bye
    2 users like East_Texas_Sooner's post: freedombird, SoonerVikeThunder

Optional("Semaj Christon listed as inactive along with Josh Huestis") -- Optional("@FredKatz")
    via http://cbssportsapp.com

Ruh roh. Switching again.

TIME TO **** UP JIM!

Clear we won't get a call tonight.

Already starting.

Why is Dre so much better in the playoffs?
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

This lineup with McD and Abrines is what we need. Spacing is so much better for Gibson and Russ.
    The following users like this post: oucub23