***Official Oklahoma City Thunder 2016/17 Playoff Thread***

Posted 14 day(s) ago by Bear_Jew25554 Views 1577 Replies
Results 1,551 to 1,578 of 1578
Page 32 of 32 22 30 31 32

Originally Posted by SoonerVikeThunder View Post
    You seem butthurt and all over Billys balls. He made mistakes but he kept us in every game too. With a flawed roster to boot.

We went down swinging and thats all you can ask for. With flawed roster and add in FT disparity we could never overcome it. Even up the FTs and we are up 3-2 and probably close them out at 4-1. Thats whats amazing is how much Billy had to overcome:

Trade for Dipo/Sabonis
    Loss of KD
    FAs picked clean due to timing
    Rookies starting
    Injuries to Dipo/Kanter
    Trade for Taj/McBuckets
    Refs.

I mean we were already a lower seed but Billy had us leading over 70% of all series minutes!!! It came down to our bench and FTs/refs.

I think Billy coached his ass off, some mistakes notwithstanding.
    You blame officials. I don't. He didn't have shooters on the court when he needed them. We didn't go down swinging. We went down trying to keep the other team from swinging.

And his mistakes cost us dearly.

I don't know why Darnell Mayberry always has to try to stir the pot. Going on and on (on twitter) about Russ walking off the court not sticking around for shaking hands. That shit is for 6 year olds. If I was Russ and had to listen to loud ass victory music and deal with falling streamers, I'm not sure I wouldn't try to burn the place down.
    6 users like Zack's post: ChocoLab, MikeLucky, oucub23, OUMarty, SoonerVikeThunder, Spade1000

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I don't know why Darnell Mayberry always has to try to stir the pot. Going on and on (on twitter) about Russ walking off the court not sticking around for shaking hands. That shit is for 6 year olds. If I was Russ and had to listen to loud ass victory music and deal with falling streamers, I'm not sure I wouldn't try to burn the place down.
    Because Mayberry has been a little **** for a long time now.
    The following users like this post: Spade1000

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    You blame officials. I don't. He didn't have shooters on the court when he needed them. We didn't go down swinging. We went down trying to keep the other team from swinging.

Defense and superstars win championships.

Houston isn't winning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Thunder are getting 30-40 points out of the next 3 top scores. The Rockets are getting 50-60. That's huge. That's the difference.

4 users like Coach's post: ChocoLab, OUMarty, Spade1000, Yuck Fu

If he did everything you wanted, we still wouldn't have won. It didn't matter who was out there. The games were lost with Westbrook on the bench

The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder

Originally Posted by theend View Post
    If he did everything you wanted, we still wouldn't have won. It didn't matter who was out there. The games were lost with Westbrook on the bench

We should have tanked then and gone for a lottery pick.

I'm sure That would have helped Russ resign

2 users like theend's post: SoonerVikeThunder, Spade1000

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    I wasn't defending him... I was making fun of you. Lol. Nice try though.
    It will probably make you feel better once it's official. I know the loss tonight stings.

Minus from shooting well, we actually played a pretty good series. Compared to the reg season we had higher assists and less turnovers

I'm sure That would have helped Russ resign

Like getting beat 4-1 in the first round, realizing you have no help around you, and that you're probably a tax team with the shit awful roster around you will?

Like getting beat 4-1 in the first round, realizing you have no help around you, and that you're probably a tax team with the shit awful roster around you will?
    You look at it pessimistically

The team got better through the year and showed a commitment to improving with the mid season trades. And I'd imagine Russ was ok with the dipo and adams signings.

So he has his hand in it and it is a younger team.

I'll wait to see what happens but I highly doubt Russ would have liked not competing

The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder

Originally Posted by Quik Sand View Post
    It will probably make you feel better once it's official. I know the loss tonight stings.
    The good thing about this season being over is that you and several other posters that showed up tonight won't be in Thunder threads for many months, so have your fun tonight.
    2 users like MikeLucky's post: SoonerVikeThunder, theend

You look at it pessimistically

The team got better through the year and showed a commitment to improving with the mid season trades. And I'd imagine Russ was ok with the dipo and adams signings.

So he has his hand in it and it is a younger team.

I'll wait to see what happens but I highly doubt Russ would have liked not competing

Realist.
    2 users like oucub23's post: Mixer!, theend

It's funny that people act like Donovan has no choice but to play the lineups he plays. Give D'antoni this exact same roster and it would be vastly different.

No, the team wouldn't win a title either way, but it would be interesting to see it with an offensive mindset.

I still think Billy would be better off in the East where the game is slower and more defensive oriented.
    2 users like ChocoLab's post: Morningwood, oucub23

Realist.
    Which really isn't the point of sports.... Just sayin...
    The following users like this post: oucub23

I'll disagree with you there. Russ would have jumped ship, rightfully. Truth is, we made the most of a shit sandwich. You where spot on with the team being horrifically flawed, even with KD here. That is the undersold part they everyone overlooks. The thunder have no philosophy beyond be athletic and dogged defenders. That needs to change, quickly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Originally Posted by ChocoLab View Post
    It's funny that people act like Donovan has no choice but to play the lineups he plays. Give D'antoni this exact same roster and it would be vastly different.

No, the team wouldn't win a title either way, but it would be interesting to see it with an offensive mindset.

I still think Billy would be better off in the East where the game is slower and more defensive oriented.
    I highly doubt that. Williams and Gordon are better than anything on our bench and nene was unguardable for some reason.
    The following users like this post: MikeLucky

Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I highly doubt that. Williams and Gordon are better than anything on our bench and nene was unguardable for some reason.
    You doubt what... I didn't say we'd beat them, I just said our lineups and style of play would be much different.

Originally Posted by ChocoLab View Post
    You doubt what... I didn't say we'd beat them, I just said our lineups and style of play would be much different.
    I guess I just assumed you meant dantoni was the difference in the series. Style of play might be vastly different but the result would be the same if not worse. This roster doesn't have enough shooters to run up and down the court and shoot 3s like crazy like dantoni's teams have a history of doing.

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    I can't wait for Presti to draft another big guy and sign some random long athletic dude who can't shoot.

And then read Royce and Jon Hamm praise how clever Presti is.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    Royce already had something penned.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...just-beginning

I'm afraid this is going to be an underwhelming summer.

I can't wait for Presti to draft another big guy and sign some random long athletic dude who can't shoot.
    I know that's been the MO for like the last half decade, but this is the Year of A Thousand Point Guards so I'll weep if we don't end up w/ an upgrade to backup Russ.

Russ' IQ really isn't that great. When he was talking shit to Beverly, he was saying he has 40 and he couldn't guard him. Beverly just said, Bruh it's taken you 34 shots.

Originally Posted by ourn View Post
    Russ' IQ really isn't that great. When he was talking shit to Beverly, he was saying he has 40 and he couldn't guard him. Beverly just said, Bruh it's taken you 34 shots.
    Lol. Yeah, that heated emotional exchange is a VERY VALID data point for intelligence. Wow.
    The following users like this post: Spade1000

Royce already had something penned.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...just-beginning

I'm afraid this is going to be an underwhelming summer.

And by the way,

Being a young team if you have the MVP,

ISN'T A GOOD ****ING THING !!!!!

2 users like SG1's post: oucub23, Spade1000

Well nobody in our ace ****ing local media could be bothered to ask Russ if he's signing the mondo extension this summer.

It's not like it's important or anything

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Thunder season is over long before tornado season...

Lotta good it will do. Even if sometying happened the NBA would never admit it, not good for PR image if something to this story. Plus Vegas.

Sure was great timing the calls Rox got in all the games. Time to move on to off season

Thunder Digest Retweeted

Royce Young‏ @royceyoung

The NBA says an investigation is underway about Rockets owner Leslie Alexander approaching ref Bill Kennedy during play.
    10:01 PM · Apr 25, 2017