***Official Oklahoma City Thunder Off-Season Thread***

Posted 40 day(s) ago by Stinger_106628305 Views 959 Replies
Page 20 of 20 10 18 19 20
    Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Originally Posted by LeisureClub View Post
    I dunno. I believe that there's probably some truth to a lot of that narrative. I don't think it was a long standing thing either though. I don't really recall the story but it had to do with #****made falling in love w/ the GSW offense during the jones fracture rehab. Apparently it aggravated Russ to the point of going to management to complain. I have a feeling that's probably when the grapes started to sour. I do think that the #****made management team has been in full damage control mode too. Saying whatever they can to whomever in a hope to get those shoes and jerseys selling again. Better to paint him as slighted by the Thunder as possible, IMHO.
    Or it's the most likely and simplest explanation... Cupcake is dumb as **** and he let Nike convince him to leave and now feels stupid and embarrassed so he and his people are blaming anyone else for it all so they don't have to blame Nike and their $200 million or admit how truly dumb cupcake actually is.
    The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder

I don't understand why KD slandered Russ instead of Presti/organization in the aftermath of his decision.

That would have mitigated a lot of the blow back he received for going where he went. Maybe not so much locally but for sure nationally where he might have even garnered some sympathy.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    I don't understand why KD slandered Russ instead of Presti/organization in the aftermath of his decision.

That would have mitigated a lot of the blow back he received for going where he went. Maybe not so much locally but for sure nationally where he might have even garnered some sympathy.

Because neither are really to blame...

Let's blame Russ! Oh shit, he just went on a triple double extravaganza proving HE was actually the one sacrificing when I was there? Okay, now blame the Thunder/Presti... I can't wait to see who they will blame next.
    3 users like MikeLucky's post: ChocoLab, SoonerVikeThunder, Spade1000

I think Russ went to Presti *during* the west finals against the Warriors.

*Brooks* pissed away a championship caliber team that never won one.

And ...

KD is a massive douche who helped piss away that chance and destroy it once and for all.

Both things can be true.

Made one correction using *

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Because neither are really to blame...

Let's blame Russ! Oh shit, he just went on a triple double extravaganza proving HE was actually the one sacrificing when I was there? Okay, now blame the Thunder/Presti... I can't wait to see who they will blame next.
    The answer lies in the mirror KD uses
    2 users like SoonerVikeThunder's post: MikeLucky, Spade1000

I think it's really simple: Russ dimmed his star directly by getting those 18 tripledoubles & in the locker room. That and the fact that he probably felt Presti and the organization "lied" to him about bringing in one or more functional shooters/ players(hello singler & amo). Mixed with the Nike and other factors, I think he checked out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by soonervegas View Post
    I think those people are the exception and not the rule. I bash KD every chance I get on social media....but him being here or not really doesn't impact my overall life enjoyment. The fact is he made a historically "weak" competitive decision. It is derided by almost everyone outside of Oak/SF. He goes to Boston or Washington and they heat is 30% of what it is and mostly limited to the 405 area code.
    I watched a 30 for 30 on Sugar Ray Leonard and Roberto Duran and immediately though of KD after seeing the second fight.

Is this what the kids call "shade?"

*That genuine care for the person and not just the basketball player that Myers shows in all he does went a long way in Kevin Durant leaving Oklahoma City last July to join the Warriors. Sure, a star-studded roster didn’t hurt either.

“He doesn’t walk around like he’s the leader. We know he makes the big decisions but we work together, all of us, him and Steve especially. If you see Bob walking with a group of Warriors employees, you wouldn’t know he’s Bob Myers, the president of the team. He just fits in with everybody,” Durant said. “We talk so much about great leaders being just ahead of the pack most of the time but sometimes that doesn’t have to be your personality. It could be encouraging, working with others, learning and listening. All those traits he has, and I think that’s why he’s ahead of the pack.

“That’s what drew me here.”*

https://apnews.com/e498fe9a70cd4d049...as-Warriors-GM

My god KD is full of shit
    3 users like ChocoLab's post: BoomerSooner33, MikeLucky, SoonerVikeThunder

Is this what the kids call "shade?"

*That genuine care for the person and not just the basketball player that Myers shows in all he does went a long way in Kevin Durant leaving Oklahoma City last July to join the Warriors. Sure, a star-studded roster didn’t hurt either.

“He doesn’t walk around like he’s the leader. We know he makes the big decisions but we work together, all of us, him and Steve especially. If you see Bob walking with a group of Warriors employees, you wouldn’t know he’s Bob Myers, the president of the team. He just fits in with everybody,” Durant said. “We talk so much about great leaders being just ahead of the pack most of the time but sometimes that doesn’t have to be your personality. It could be encouraging, working with others, learning and listening. All those traits he has, and I think that’s why he’s ahead of the pack.

“That’s what drew me here.”*

https://apnews.com/e498fe9a70cd4d049...as-Warriors-GM

Said by the dude who talks to and treated his teammates like employees and lackey's. Then again, once more, I probably would not like being a player that wasn't top 3 in okc either. The culture is too hierarchy heavy for my tastes, and I'm a former NCO. Not mad at Durant for this comment

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew