***Official Oklahoma City Thunder Off-Season Thread***

Posted 5 day(s) ago 581 Views 27 Replies

OKC Thunder ***Official Oklahoma City Thunder Off-Season Thread***

Would Paul George be a good fit for the Thunder?

Seems like he'd like to get out of Indiana and play for a winner. He's carrying the load there.

Would the combination of Westbrook, George and Adams be competitive with GSW?

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

Seems like he'd like to get out of Indiana and play for a winner. He's carrying the load there.

If Adams is going to play like he has the last few months we are in real big trouble with him.

damnit, 2121 called starting this thread!

Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    damnit, 2121 called starting this thread!
    Selfish is what he is.
    2 users like 2121sooner's post: Keef, Stinger_1066

And when George says things like this after the game 1 loss to the Cavs.......

"Situations like that, I've got to get the last shot."

Seems like a perfect fit with Westbrook.
    2 users like 2121sooner's post: HeroOfTheDay, Morningwood

Originally Posted by 2121sooner View Post
    And when George says things like this after the game 1 loss to the Cavs.......

"Situations like that, I've got to get the last shot."

Seems like a perfect fit with Westbrook.
    Given his current team, yes he probably needs to be the one taking the last shot. Teaming him up with a guy like Westbrook would probably change a few things.
    The following users like this post: Squad

I don't know if George is the perfect fit (although it may be close) but it certainly makes the Thunder better. Even if is costs them Kanter.
    That said, I doubt there is a chance of it happening anyway.

Originally Posted by Malicong View Post
    Given his current team, yes he probably needs to be the one taking the last shot. Teaming him up with a guy like Westbrook would probably change a few things.
    I'll disagree.

Guys like him want to take the last shot. Be the lead dog.

6:55am? Starting the trolling early today.

I'll disagree.

Guys like him want to take the last shot. Be the lead dog.
    You disagree? Shocking.
    The following users like this post: freedombird

its only cause you don't make any sense.

You'll make a comment that George probably won't happen, but you'd be ok with it even if it cost them Kanter.

Kanter!?!? Are you kidding me? Kanter has a massive contract, limited offensive impact, and can't play the pick & roll worth a shit.

"Even if it costs Kanter.....I'd like Paul George".

It's no doubt I'd disagree with you.

"Yeah, I'd love to get Davis from the Pelicans, but it might cost OKC McDoormat and Adams....."
    2 users like 2121sooner's post: Bear_Jew, goldenokiebear

The only star, okay good player, I see being traded in a non equitable trade would be Melo because he holds all the cards with his no trade clause and Phil is sick of him. It's just a matter of where he wants to go. Clips make a lot of sense.

Paul George or Jimmy Butler would take the farm.

I'd like to see Presti play a facilitator in a trade involving one of those guys and get a castoff that somebody has to sacrifice. Perfect world would be Jae Crowder.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: Morningwood

its only cause you don't make any sense.

You'll make a comment that George probably won't happen, but you'd be ok with it even if it cost them Kanter.

Kanter!?!? Are you kidding me? Kanter has a massive contract, limited offensive impact, and can't play the pick & roll worth a shit.

"Even if it costs Kanter.....I'd like Paul George".

It's no doubt I'd disagree with you.

"Yeah, I'd love to get Davis from the Pelicans, but it might cost OKC McDoormat and Adams....."
    How does giving up Kanter in an attempt to get Paul George NOT make sense. You are talking over yourself searching for a reason to be a contrarian. No one has ever stated "I'd be okay with trading Kanter straight up for George". You WANT to see that is what fans are saying. What is really being said is that I am okay with doing what needs to be done to get George, even if that means moving Kanter as a part of it. No one is proposing moving the end of the bench for an All-Star. You are the only one that ever brings that stuff up.
    "limited offensive impact" and you say I don't make sense. He is only one of the most productive offensive big men per minute in the league and one of the top offensive rebounders in the league period.

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    The only star, okay good player, I see being traded in a non equitable trade would be Melo because he holds all the cards with his no trade clause and Phil is sick of him. It's just a matter of where he wants to go. Clips make a lot of sense.

Paul George or Jimmy Butler would take the farm.

I'd like to see Presti play a facilitator in a trade involving one of those guys and get a castoff that somebody has to sacrifice. Perfect world would be Jae Crowder.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    Jae Crowder would be a perfect fit.

Originally Posted by Malicong View Post
    Jae Crowder would be a perfect fit.
    Would you be ok with that even if it took giving up Singler and Grant to get him?
    The following users like this post: goldenokiebear

Presti will probably do something no one is predicting. You know, like 99.99% of his actions.

The thing OKC has going for them is more times than not, his actions work well.

Would you be ok with that even if it took giving up Singler and Grant to get him?
    Fitting response. Make stuff up, be an ass about it, repeat.
    In fact, I would be okay with it. I would be okay giving up numerous variations of bench players for Jae Crowder. I never said that is remotely possible but for some reason you want me to. Should I be upset if Boston is willing to do that trade?

We need better wing players.

I assume the Thunder will let Gibson walk. We cannot afford to have so much money tied up in Adams, Kanter, and Gibson. I think we really only need to keep 1 of the 3.

Olidipo, Abrines, and Sabonia all need to have good improvement over the off season.

I'm for keeping Roberson if it is cheap, but he can't be our 2nd best wing player if we are going to be a Top 4 seed. He should really come off the bench on a good team.

One thing I don't hear much criticism of Presti for: Presti fired Scott Brooks, in favor of Billy Donovan, a guy with no professional coaching experience, after a season when both Durant and Westbrook missed a lot of time due to injuries, after having made it to the playoffs 5 straight times and the finals once.

In Washington, Brooks has turned chicken shit into chicken salad.

Quick - name one player on their team without using Google.

They have no superstar.

Any yet they just finished with their best regular season record in over 30 years and are the 4th seed in the East.

I think even casual NBA fans know who John Wall is.
    5 users like ChocoLab's post: CrimsonOberon, Keef, Mixer!, OUEverest, SoonerHawk

One thing I don't hear much criticism of Presti for: Presti fired Scott Brooks, in favor of Billy Donovan, a guy with no professional coaching experience, after a season when both Durant and Westbrook missed a lot of time due to injuries, after having made it to the playoffs 5 straight times and the finals once.

They have no superstar.

Any yet they just finished with their best regular season record in over 30 years and are the 4th seed in the East.
    John Wall is a top 5 point guard in the NBA.
    2 users like East_Texas_Sooner's post: CrimsonOberon, SoonerHawk

Presti has drafted very well. Outside of that he traded James Harden, nixed a trade for Tyson Chandler and brought in Perkins. He kept trying to get younger and younger when he already has a strong core. He better pull off a miracle this summer or this whole thing has went to shit.
    The following users like this post: RedDirt717

They have no superstar.

I agree with a lot of stuff you say, but this is just silly. Wall, beal, Otto porter,think they have gortat there as well. They have one of the best starting lineups in the NBA. It's their bench that is chicken shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul George has made himself a diva this year. I would actually rather see Carmelo on the thunder because he's at a point in his career where it would make sense for him to take a back seat to a superstar. Paul George shouldn't be calling out teammates or coaches for not giving him the final shot.

They have no superstar.

Christ...

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

They have no superstar.

When trolls out themselves... Clearly you don't really watch or follow the NBA.
    2 users like MikeLucky's post: OUEverest, Strangers

Why would you try to get Paul George? He would walk after the season. He's going to the Lakers. Everyone knows that. I'm not gonna trade Kanter and everything else it would take to get Paul George, for a single season. **** that.

They have no superstar.

WHAT in the ACTUAL ****?

87Sooner has hijacked Stinger's account. Gotta be the explanation.