***Official Oklahoma City Thunder Off-Season Thread***

Posted 308 day(s) ago by Stinger_1066493101 Views 4605 Replies
Results 751 to 800 of 4606
Page 16 of 93 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66
  1. #751
    Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay View Post
    I feel for Indiana fans. They are going to go through a much worse version of what OKC fans went through in KD's last season.

    PG13 has made no secret that he doesnt like the situation in Indiana and even (his people) have said he wants to go to LA. KD on the other hand played dumb all season.
    Much worse? I would have preferred to know up front that one of our superstars wanted to go to another team.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: Section31

       

  2. #752
    Yeah, IMHO it's better. Pragmatically, I'd rather get some sort of asset in return. People that compare LeBron leaving or this PG deal to #****made are mostly using some sort of weird feelings angle. Cleveland got stuff back, Indiana will too. We got cap relief weeks after everybody had agreed to terms with other teams.
    3 users like LeisureClub's post: ChocoLab, CrimsonOberon

       

  3. #753
    Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay View Post
    I feel for Indiana fans. They are going to go through a much worse version of what OKC fans went through in KD's last season.

    PG13 has made no secret that he doesnt like the situation in Indiana and even (his people) have said he wants to go to LA. KD on the other hand played dumb all season.
    Management brought this on themselves. Atlanta offered 4 first rounders for PG and they said no.
       

  4. #754
    Also Larry wanted to dramatically change the team and embrace small ball.

    The key is George playing a lot of 4.


    One problem, George didn't want to play any 4.

    Oops

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
       

  5. #755
    The Hawks are throwing big money at established gms.


    They must not be able to track down Presti's phone number.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: oucub23

       

  6. #756
    Mixer!'s Avatar
    Posts
    4,502
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    near Tampa

    I don't think that many people working in the NBA are fans of Presti's plan and vision. How successful have the former Thunder personnel who got GM jobs been?
       

  7. #757
    Originally Posted by Mixer! View Post
    I don't think that many people working in the NBA are fans of Presti's plan and vision. How successful have the former Thunder personnel who got GM jobs been?
    Rob Hennigan says hi.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
       

  8. #758
    Mixer!'s Avatar
    Posts
    4,502
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    near Tampa

    ...who?
       

  9. #759
    Originally Posted by Mixer! View Post
    ...who?
    Exactly

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: oucub23

       

  10. #760
    Kanter's passport has been cancelled and he is now being detained in the Romanian airport.

    This doesn't sound good.

    He could possibly be deported back to Turkey, which really really would not be good because I'm sure he would be arrested once he lands.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
       

  11. #761
    You can hear the worry in his voice.


       

  12. #762
    Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    Kanter's passport has been cancelled and he is now being detained in the Romanian airport.

    This doesn't sound good.

    He could possibly be deported back to Turkey, which really really would not be good because I'm sure he would be arrested once he lands.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    Is he ****ing around with people?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
       

  13. #763
    Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Is he ****ing around with people?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. Sounds like Erdogan may be messing with him though. Enes is not a fan, and iir has had some safety concerns bc of how critical he was when Erdogan began consolidating power.
    The following users like this post: Kanigget

       

  14. #764
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    No. Sounds like Erdogan may be messing with him though. Enes is not a fan, and iir has had some safety concerns bc of how critical he was when Erdogan began consolidating power.
    Like calling him "the Hitler of our time" right there? Yeah, I guess. Takes some balls to say that to the world on twitter.

    Sucks though. Guess for the Kanter critics, this would be a convenient way to get out of that contact, amirite?
    The following users like this post: Coach

       

  15. #765
    Mixer!'s Avatar
    Posts
    4,502
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    near Tampa

    Maudz, please move thread to Thunderdome, thanx.
    Last edited by Mixer!; May 20th, 2017 at 02:42 PM.
       

  16. #766
    Mixer opened the door so here we go.

    I'll try not to go too far.

    I'll just say that the current administration makes this situation a lot more problematic.




    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
       

  17. #767
    The following users like this post: ChocoLab

       

  18. #768
    Mr._Robotulism's Avatar
    Posts
    28,827
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Punsylvania

    Think we can trade him whilst at airport
    The following users like this post: Section31

       

  19. #769
    The Turks reported Kanter's passport as "lost or stolen" and it's apparently the kind of shenanigans they pull to try and get somebody sent back to Turkey.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: oucub23

       

  20. #770
    Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    The Turks reported Kanter's passport as "lost or stolen" and it's apparently the kind of shenanigans they pull to try and get somebody sent back to Turkey.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    Exactly my thoughts.

    Not sure what your prior post was referencing, but this isn't about Trump. It's about Erdogan.
    The following users like this post: ChocoLab

       

  21. #771
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Exactly my thoughts.

    Not sure what your prior post was referencing, but this isn't about Trump. It's about Erdogan.
    I'm saying don't expect much help from the state department.

    I know it's Erdogan. It'd be nice if Clay and/or the league could call somebody at state and ask them to call the Turks and tell them to cut this bullshit out.

    I don't think that's going to happen.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
       

  22. #772
    Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    I'm saying don't expect much help from the state department.

    I know it's Erdogan. It'd be nice if Clay and/or the league could call somebody at state and ask them to call the Turks and tell them to cut this bullshit out.

    I don't think that's going to happen.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    A call that goes something like, 'Armenian to tell me you're going to keep Kanter from coming home? What kind of Genocidal monsters are you?'
       

  23. #773
    I can't find any clauses in the NBA rules regarding tax relief if one of your players ends up a political prisoner in a Turkish prison. Maybe the Thunder brass will push for a lockout until they can negotiate something good.
       

  24. #774
    He's on a bird to London

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
       

  25. #775
    I need the Michael Jackson Thriller popcorn gif.



       

  26. #776
    I admit when I'm wrong.

    I was wrong.

    Kudos to the state department.

    And apparently Lankford and Inhofe's office worked on this as well. Kudos to them.


    2 users like SG1's post: oucub23, theend

       

  27. #777
    Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    I admit when I'm wrong.

    I was wrong.

    Kudos to the state department.

    And apparently Lankford and Inhofe's office worked on this as well. Kudos to them.


    Thats why its best to leave politics in the politics board...
       

  28. #778
    Originally Posted by SoonerVikeThunder View Post
    Thats why its best to leave politics in the politics board...
    So you don't ever have to admit you're wrong?
       

  29. #779
    I just thank the baby Jesus we don't have a president who bows to foreign leaders anymore.



    {{{Larry the Cable Guy voice}}} come on now, that's funny right there

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: nstinson

       

  30. #780
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    So you don't ever have to admit you're wrong?
    No, cause politics is politics and this is a ****ing basketball thread. A mod like you should know the damn rules.

    Either its ok or its not ok. Not just ok for "some" but not for others.

    Once you open the door even a little then its open season.
       

  31. #781
    Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    I just thank the baby Jesus we don't have a president who bows to foreign leaders anymore.



    {{{Larry the Cable Guy voice}}} come on now, that's funny right there

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    Take this shit to the POLITICS board!
    2 users like SoonerVikeThunder's post: Malicong, Mixer!

       

  32. #782
    Originally Posted by SoonerVikeThunder View Post
    Take this shit to the POLITICS board!
    Dude shut the **** up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 users like Coach's post: 2121sooner, oucub23

       

  33. #783
    Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Dude shut the **** up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likewise ****
       

  34. #784
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    39,609
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Someone catch me up. Why was Kanter in Romania?
       

  35. #785
    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Someone catch me up. Why was Kanter in Romania?
    Better question: Why has a high-profile athlete who is critical of an oppressive regime not acquired a permanent residency in a country where he will be more welcome and not at risk of getting "extradited" to a life of hell.
       

  36. #786
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    39,609
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Better question: Why has a high-profile athlete who is critical of an oppressive regime not acquired a permanent residency in a country where he will be more welcome and not at risk of getting "extradited" to a life of hell.
    He most likely has a green card. Can't become a citizen for 5 years after getting the green card I think.
       

  37. #787
    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    He most likely has a green card. Can't become a citizen for 5 years after getting the green card I think.
    He's been here for longer than 5 years though.

    As to why he was in Romania, dude seems to love to travel.
       

  38. #788
    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Someone catch me up. Why was Kanter in Romania?
    "Kanter, who turned 25 on Saturday, had said in a video posted to Twitter on Saturday morning that police officers have “been holding us here for hours” upon arrival to Bucharest on a flight from Indonesia, where he was visiting as part of a global tour for his charitable foundation."

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...a-city-thunder
    The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

       

  39. #789
    One silver lining from last year's awful off-season is that we aren't saddled with Al Horford's contract. Holy shit is that thing an albatross around Boston's neck. 4 years 113 mill for a 30 year old in decline.
       

  40. #790
    Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    One silver lining from last year's awful off-season is that we aren't saddled with Al Horford's contract. Holy shit is that thing an albatross around Boston's neck. 4 years 113 mill for a 30 year old in decline.
    If Horford is your 3rd best player then you are fine. He is the best player in Boston.
    The following users like this post: nstinson

       

  41. #791
    Originally Posted by East_Texas_Sooner View Post
    If Horford is your 3rd best player then you are fine. He is the best player in Boston.
    But if you're paying your 3rd best player 4 years $113 mill, you're toast. Unless your third best player is Draymond Green.
       

  42. #792
    Oh good, cupcake and his agent are flapping their lips again.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
       

  43. #793
    Surely Kanter would be able to get asylum, right?

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SG1; May 22nd, 2017 at 10:10 AM.
       

  44. #794
    And also, if the Turks had reported that Kanter was dangerous and he knew something was afoot in Thailand, why go to Hungary and not hightail it back to the States?

    He very easily could have gotten sent to Turkey where he would have been arrested.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
       

  45. #795
    Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    Oh good, cupcake and his agent are flapping their lips again.
    You're always leaving us hanging like this SG!

    What did they say this time?

    It's weird, instead of my KD dislike dying down the farther we get from his decision, it's actually grown.
       

  46. #796
    Originally Posted by ChocoLab View Post
    You're always leaving us hanging like this SG!

    What did they say this time?

    It's weird, instead of my KD dislike dying down the farther we get from his decision, it's actually grown.
    https://theundefeated.com/features/k...join-warriors/




    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
       

  47. #797
    wtf is this shit?


    *Toward the end of Durant’s 19-point third quarter versus the Spurs in Game 3, The Durant Company manager Rich Kleiman tweeted what he believed was a needed reminder about Durant.

    “Sometimes I think people forgot,” Kleiman said on his Twitter account @richkleiman.

    So, what was Kleiman referring to?

    “He hears the noise. He hears all of that stuff. He’s aware about what goes on in the Twittersphere, media and all that stuff,” Durant said. “I tried to tell him not to look at that. He watches [ESPN’s] First Take and all these shows. I try to tell him not to watch it, but he gets offended. He’s my brother. He gets offended when my name is not amongst the best players in the league or I don’t get the credit I deserve, I guess.*



    He wasn't considered one of the best players in the league in OKC?

    The ****????

    Also his agent is his brother for now. Just wait until he fires his ass like he has every other agent he's had.

    The not liking the stuffy shirt atmosphere of the Thunder is valid and is a legitimate criticism of Presti, but is now a catch 22 because I think Russ likes this atmosphere a lot.

    But get the **** out of here with this you weren't appreciated bullshit. I don't give a **** how good you are, nobody is above criticism. It almost seems like KD gracing this shitty small market with his presence meant no criticism was allowed.

    **** that

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    5 users like SG1's post: ChocoLab, nstinson, OUMarty, RockE, Squad

       

  48. #798
    If GS somehow doesn't win the title this year, any criticism he got here will look like a walk in the park.

    Read the story SG posted, and I think that was more about his time with the Warriors and people talking about how GS rolled along without missing a beat when he was injured. So of course ultra-sensitive and out-of-touch KD took that as a huge slap in the face.

    Even if they do win a title, I think Durant is going to be butthurt when he doesn't get "enough" credit. That's going to happen when he joins a team that won 73 games the year before and won a title two years ago, but as always Mr Tonedeaf doesn't get it.
       

  49. #799
    I think the "great chemistry" the Warriors have is a mile wide but only an inch thick.

    I think it could easily crack very quickly.

    Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    3 users like SG1's post: Coach, Malicong, nstinson

       

  50. #800
    He sure spends a lot of time worrying about what people are saying for being someone who says he doesn't worry about what others are saying.

    GS needs to worry too, he said he loves it there.

    I just wanna see how he responds to adversity in the finals. Especially if they lose.

    Only wish we had kept Harden and traded KD instead at the time. But Harden has a drinking problem in my opinion. He has been soft in the playoffs just like KD is soft in the head.

    One thing KD says is he does not understand all the noise. Well KD, my answer is: You are the only MVP player in his prime to ever (forever and ever) join another team with an existing MVP in their prime plus having won 73 games the year prior (plus you helped lose to said team) and won a title the year prior to that.

    I mean, for as bad as Lebron is for conspiring - neither of his teams (he went to) were even close to contenders.

    KDs shoe sales must be lower than expected so his agent is trying to drum up support to help.
    3 users like SoonerVikeThunder's post: ChocoLab, Malicong, Squad

       

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9791
    Last Post: April 18th, 2017, 06:48 PM
  2. ***Official Oklahoma City Thunder Off-Season Thread***
    By SoonerTech in forum Heisman Park
    Replies: 7557
    Last Post: October 4th, 2016, 04:00 AM
  3. Replies: 8852
    Last Post: April 19th, 2016, 06:17 PM
  4. Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)
    By OrangeBlossom in forum Game Threads
    Replies: 8660
    Last Post: May 18th, 2013, 10:56 AM
  5. Replies: 376
    Last Post: October 17th, 2012, 12:01 PM

Tags for this Thread