***Official Oklahoma City Thunder Off-Season Thread***

Posted 98 day(s) ago by Stinger_1066177892 Views 4444 Replies
Results 4,401 to 4,445 of 4445
Page 89 of 89 39 79 87 88 89
    Suddenly OKC fan is listening to Bill Simmons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Originally Posted by SoonerTech View Post

It's not his information that sucks... It's his opinions. Much like yourself.
    6 users like MikeLucky's post: ChocoLab, freedombird, RedStripe, RockE, SoonerVikeThunder, Spade1000

It's not his opinion, and the guy is clearly connected.
    The following users like this post: RockE

Kanter
    Singled
    Asset

That's better than Houston could offer.
    The following users like this post: Spade1000

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    It's not his information that sucks... It's his opinions. Much like yourself.
    SoonerTech doesn't have information. He's a walking opinion, and a moronic one at that.
    3 users like sperry's post: Bear_Jew, MikeLucky, RockE

Personally, I always listen. It's my favorite podcast.

However, he does have a bias (based on ignorance) against OKC from the beginning, and his access to Durant has only made it worse.

Originally Posted by East_Texas_Sooner View Post
    Kanter
    Singled
    Asset

That's better than Houston could offer.
    What assets? Ferguson would be the only one we have. Houston has all their future draft picks, so they can put together a

That would be a phenomenal pickup for the Thunder, though, if they can pull it off.

Do not want Melo. Cancer at best.

How about this:

Knicks: Irving/Chandler/Shumpert
    OKC: Melo
    Cavs: Kanter/Abrines/Bledsoe
    Suns: T Thompson/C Lee

Works right?

Only no Singler

Billy would absolutely hate his defense.

Seriously doubt it happens... But I guess if it did you couldn't question Presti's "all-in" commitment.
    The following users like this post: freedombird

It seems at this point that the Knicks view trading Melo as addition by subtraction so I think they might take whatever they can get, even if it's mainly salary relief.

But the money is hard, especially if they have no interest in Kanter. A third team would have to be involved.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I would LOVE Carmelo but I think it's going to be a difficult deal to pull off.

The more I think about it, zero chance that trade could work. New York would just buy Melo out before they took on bad money contracts. We don't have the assets to make it work.

The fact that there is any public chatter about this at all should tell you it didn't come from the Thunder camp. Probably a mask for a move elsewhere.
    4 users like MadMex's post: Bear_Jew, freedombird, soonervegas, SoonerVikeThunder

The biggest obstacle to overcome is Carmelo agreeing to coming to OKC. If that can be done then the other stuff will fall into place.
    The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder

And Russ has not signed yet is it slightly possible he is waiting to see what our salary will be (for next year)?

I'm right there with Madmex, don't think we would hear anything until it's almost done if this was a legit possibility.

3 users like Bear_Jew's post: freedombird, MadMex, Spade1000

I only see this working if Melo is coming in to be our 6th man like Iggy is for golden State. Swap him for Kanter, singler & an extended McDermott. Then promote huestis and Johnson

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: JCrimson

Originally Posted by Spade1000 View Post
    I only see this working if Melo is coming in to be our 6th man like Iggy is for golden State. Swap him for Kanter, singler & an extended McDermott. Then promote huestis and Johnson

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Starting lineup would be Westbrook, Roberson, George, Anthony, Adams. And that's how it should be.
    2 users like sperry's post: oucub23, Squad

Originally Posted by East_Texas_Sooner View Post
    The biggest obstacle to overcome is Carmelo agreeing to coming to OKC. If that can be done then the other stuff will fall into place.
    To me that's not an obstacle.

Since he has the no trade clause it's the first consideration.

"Would you be willing to go to OKC?"

"Yes?" "Okay let's see what is available"

If the answer is no then that's it.

Just tell Melo he can live in Tulsa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You could tell PG and Melo they're both playing the 3. Would either one know the difference?

The following users like this post: oucub23

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    You could tell PG and Melo they're both playing the 3. Would either one know the difference?

Roberson can play the 4 on offense. Aka set screens and get out of the way. Making PG the defacto 2 and Carmelo the 3.
    The following users like this post: East_Texas_Sooner

Not if we run the offense right.
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

Russ/PG/Melo/Adams/Robes

Felton/P2/Grant/McBuckets/and pick one

Not too shabby

I don't think Melo would mind playing the 4. He has been very effective in that role in the past.

Originally Posted by Malicong View Post
    I don't think Melo would mind playing the 4. He has been very effective in that role in the past.
    Basically there would be no real difference between your 2-3-4. Roberson would be your baseline player basically playing a 4 type position. Melo would probably defend more 4s. Or maybe against bigger teams we would see Patterson play more and rotate between PG and Melo.

All that said I don't really see this happening. OKC would have to give up Abrines also most likely for it to work.

Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    Basically there would be no real difference between your 2-3-4. Roberson would be your baseline player basically playing a 4 type position. Melo would probably defend more 4s. Or maybe against bigger teams we would see Patterson play more and rotate between PG and Melo.

All that said I don't really see this happening. OKC would have to give up Abrines also most likely for it to work.
    I don't think it will happen either but I don't see Abrines as the road block. Everyone on the team is expendable if it means making a move to keep Westbrook in OKC long term. They would only look at the long term effect if this does nothing to move Westbrook closer to signing the extension.

I don't really believe Simmons on this "scoop." I haven't seen anyone else confirm the news such as woj. My guess is the news did not come from the okc side of things. I don't see presti making this deal unless the unicorn is part of the deal. Knicks would probably want Adams and there's no way we send Adams without getting porzingis

Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I don't really believe Simmons on this "scoop." I haven't seen anyone else confirm the news such as woj. My guess is the news did not come from the okc side of things. I don't see presti making this deal unless the unicorn is part of the deal. Knicks would probably want Adams and there's no way we send Adams without getting porzingis
    I think Simmons is pretty connected as far as sources go. I can give that dickslap that much.

But it could be subterfuge from Melo's camp, disinformation if you will.

Originally Posted by Pullhook View Post
    I think Simmons is pretty connected as far as sources go. I can give that dickslap that much.

But it could be subterfuge from Melo's camp, disinformation if you will.
    He may be very well connected but there's a number of other writers that actually are better connected and none have mentioned okc and melo.

Knicks leaked this to get the Rockets butts in gear. OKC was chosen as they come out of nowhere with moves and looking to go "all-in" with keeping Russ. This is a red herring.
    5 users like barlowd's post: Bear_Jew, ChocoLab, SA OSO, soonervegas, SoonerVikeThunder

He may be very well connected but there's a number of other writers that actually are better connected and none have mentioned okc and melo.
    Kanter, Singler and Maj for Melo works.

And Melo holds ALL the cards with his no trade clause.

If Melo decides he wants to come only to OKC the Knicks would have to do it because Melo would be like I'm not agreeing to any trade or buyout and I will play out the season and we can all miserable together.

Suddenly that deal with the Thunder doesn't look so bad.

Okc leaked this to distract from their plan of trading huestis for lebron before the cavs trade kyrie.

Lebron will be quoted as saying, "Suck it kyrie". This is a red herring.
    4 users like Keef's post: Bear_Jew, nubs37, SoonerVikeThunder, theend

Simmons isn't going to lie. Getting off the Adams contract would be nice. It's a bad contract.

Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    Simmons isn't going to lie. Getting off the Adams contract would be nice. It's a bad contract.
    I'm just saying it's odd. He's not really in the business of breaking stories anymore and I don't know that he ever was with grantland. He's just known for being a damn good writer. Woj, shelborn and the guys from vertical are the guys breaking basketball news these days and with it being a New York related topic, isola would probably have news as well. None of them are talking about okc and melo.

I disagee that Adams contract is bad. On the surface it's outrageous but he would have gotten a max offer sheet and so would oladipo. So presti actually saved some money on those contracts, and by doing them last summer he's able to move them this summer.

Knicks just need some time to realize Melo isn't bluffing.

They may not want Ryan Anderson or Kanter, but if Melo decides he wants to be traded to Houston or OKC, they don't really have a choice.

This seems like a KD situation all over again

Melo's hanger ons overwhelmingly prefer Houston, but sifting through the smoke it sounds like Melo is intrigued by the basketball fit, city be damned.

Micah Adams @MicahAdams13
    ยท
    2h

Derrick Rose was NBA's 5th-highest paid PG last season.
    He will be NBA's 55th-highest paid PG in 2017-18, between Cam Payne & Tim Frazie

Lolol on the pay slot

I'm just saying it's odd. He's not really in the business of breaking stories anymore and I don't know that he ever was with grantland. He's just known for being a damn good writer. Woj, shelborn and the guys from vertical are the guys breaking basketball news these days and with it being a New York related topic, isola would probably have news as well. None of them are talking about okc and melo.

I disagee that Adams contract is bad. On the surface it's outrageous but he would have gotten a max offer sheet and so would oladipo. So presti actually saved some money on those contracts, and by doing them last summer he's able to move them this summer.

Adams would not have gotten anything close to a max contract this year.

Centers as good as Adams don't hit free agency often. Someone would have offered a deal knowing okc would match any offer.

Centers as good as Adams don't hit free agency often. Someone would have offered a deal knowing okc would match any offer.
    Did you see the free agency market this year? There wasn't money.

Did you see the free agency market this year? There wasn't money.
    Teams didn't waste money if that's what you mean. There were teams with cap space just not many big free agents.

I'm not sure the top dollar is what they would have been worried about. It's the troll contracts etc from Brooklyn where you have to pay the salary in full by Oct 10th and absurd trade kickers and no team options and shit like that.

Please no melo
    The following users like this post: SA OSO

Kanter, Singler and Maj for Melo works.

And Melo holds ALL the cards with his no trade clause.

If Melo decides he wants to come only to OKC the Knicks would have to do it because Melo would be like I'm not agreeing to any trade or buyout and I will play out the season and we can all miserable together.

Suddenly that deal with the Thunder doesn't look so bad.

No, it still looks bad