***Official Oklahoma City Thunder Off-Season Thread***

Posted 153 day(s) ago by Stinger_1066265614 Views 4783 Replies
Results 4,751 to 4,784 of 4784
Page 96 of 96 46 86 94 95 96
    Originally Posted by Spade1000 View Post
    So with Russ's 10 year Jordan Brand extension signed, I wonder if it means he can take less from the thunder so that they can add, extend, and build a better team around him?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    In the thread somebody made about this signing, I argue that it would be more likely for him to secure the deal if he intends to stay. If he were planning on bolting to a larger market after this year, you'd think he'd wait it out and try to secure a larger piece of the pie when he gets there.

I'm an eternal optimist though. i fully expect Russ and PG to both sign here long term and probably not bring in like a Carmelo type but somebody on the next tier down. Maybe some good shooting guard.

Originally Posted by LeisureClub View Post
    In the thread somebody made about this signing, I argue that it would be more likely for him to secure the deal if he intends to stay. If he were planning on bolting to a larger market after this year, you'd think he'd wait it out and try to secure a larger piece of the pie when he gets there.

I'm an eternal optimist though. i fully expect Russ and PG to both sign here long term and probably not bring in like a Carmelo type but somebody on the next tier down. Maybe some good shooting guard.
    Thats my sentiments too. If he goes elsewhere he wants to see what deals are there and also to not interfere with his brand. You go to a star laden team who knows what shoe deals the others have. Signing longterm gives him ability to push it from here. The fact he was able to get a top 10 year deal on a small market team says a lot how things have changed nad markets are not as important as they used to be. With tweets and instagram and all that jazz all top players get instant visibility.
    The following users like this post: Spade1000

Do we know the exact $ amount yet? Is it in the 250 million to 350 million dollar range? If it is.... watch out NBA! That would allow him to take 15-20 mil a year, easily, in salary... just like Jordan, LeBron and others before him

Originally Posted by Spade1000 View Post
    Do we know the exact $ amount yet? Is it in the 250 million to 350 million dollar range? If it is.... watch out NBA! That would allow him to take 15-20 mil a year, easily, in salary... just like Jordan, LeBron and others before him

Or more likely the super max contract doesn't mean anything and he can sign wherever for less bc of this deal.

Originally Posted by ourn View Post
    Or more likely the super max contract doesn't mean anything and he can sign wherever for less bc of this deal.
    Yep

Originally Posted by ourn View Post
    Never did. The dude is showing up to fashion shows in Paris in Lambos ... he's got all the money he needs, and all the access he could want. He's the MVP. I 100% believe that NBA contracts for the top 10 players are only a respect thing--they want to be 'the highest paid player in the league' or whatever b/c of the peer effect. Beyond that, I think they're mostly not aware of the money. When you have all you need or want, whenever you want or need it, the actual numbers aren't as big a deal.
    2 users like oucub23's post: SoonerVikeThunder, Spade1000

I won't assume anything.

The one thing I've learned about NBA free agency is that things usually end up a lot differently than the pundits predict, probably because the pundits don't know anything to begin with.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Thunder re-sign Russ and PG, then to get Lebron's ink if he leaves Cleveland and the Thunder have a good year. Why do I think this you ask? Because the moronic media pundits are not saying this.

I usually listen to the predictions made by the national media people at ESPN, NBC Sports, etc., then plan for the exact opposite to occur. Then you also have to contend with the blisteringly dumb analysis and predictions made at the Sports Animal and The Franchise.

It's time for presti to get on the phone with magic and get the best possible deal for Russ and pg. All signs are pointing towards those 2 teaming up with lebron in LA. Personally though I don't care if we lose them for nothing because we aren't winning a trade scenario either. And if we get nothing then we're closer to rebuilding with high draft picks than from getting mediocre players in return and being late lottery-fringe playoff team which is no mans land in the NBA.

Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    It's time for presti to get on the phone with magic and get the best possible deal for Russ and pg. All signs are pointing towards those 2 teaming up with lebron in LA. Personally though I don't care if we lose them for nothing because we aren't winning a trade scenario either. And if we get nothing then we're closer to rebuilding with high draft picks than from getting mediocre players in return and being late lottery-fringe playoff team which is no mans land in the NBA.
    We can always sell the team back to Seattle.
    2 users like Strangers's post: East_Texas_Sooner, Spade1000

Why would any team give up on this roster?

We gonna rock this year. Enjoy it

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I just don't agree at all that signs are pointing to that at all. That's the lazy journalism assumption, but that doesn't make it any closer to the truth.

Just seems like if he really wanted to stay he would sign and begin the process of hard selling PG. my opinion is he doesn't know what he wants to do, which is not great for okc.

Bontemps made some good points on the latest Thunder Buddies podcast.

Harden and John Wall got extra money *this* season, so taking the extension now made sense for them.

Russ is already at a max, taking the extension now only gives him security, no extra money.

Russ has a ton of options next summer, including taking a shorter deal which is what I bet he'll take whatever team that is with.

Now all he can do is extend for 5 years with the Thunder. And even if loves the Thunder and has no intention of going elsewhere, he doesn't want a 5 year deal.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    I just don't agree at all that signs are pointing to that at all. That's the lazy journalism assumption, but that doesn't make it any closer to the truth.
    I wouldn't think lebron would go west but maybe he thinks that's what he needs for his legacy. Paul George will probably leave in free agency. So unless Westbrook just wants to continue being a big fish in a small market, then he probably leaves too.
    My reasoning is just the fact that Russ seems to like lebron and all 3 could team up but they won't do it for okc, but rather LA where the lights are brightest.

A 20 spot on PG to win MVP wouldn't be the worst way to blow 20 bucks.

I could easily see him doing it.

Looks pretty cool to me, but it's a Thunder jersey therefore people will hate it regardless.

My favorite jersey they've ever had, and it's not close.
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    Looks pretty cool to me, but it's a Thunder jersey therefore people will hate it regardless.

That is flipping sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I actually like that one.

And for all the people thinking Russ will be a Laker -- so what happens to Ball? Everyone says he looks great. Are they getting rid of him?

Unless people are talking about the Clips, and I don't think they are.

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Maybe Russ is waiting to see if there's a chance at signing PG after this year. That could make Russ and the organization want to keep some flexibility until that becomes more clear.

But hey, I'm just a homer so maybe I'm just full of shit.

Monte is still available.

Another gawdammed non shooter, I know.

But dude can score and would be a good guy to bring off the bench. Especially for the minimum.

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post

Anyone have a Tapaslation?

Originally Posted by Mixer! View Post
    https://twitter.com/okcthunder/statu...67847362719744

2 users like SG1's post: Mixer!, Spade1000

Originally Posted by Mixer! View Post
    Might need to check your tapa settings. It showed up for me.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post

Once a front running douche, always a front running douche. Not to mention his logic is incredibly stupid to begin with. Take any MVP level player off any team in history and they are not a championship team, including the pre-KD Warriors. If he would have been smart enough to have some foresight he would have taken a little less with OKC to bolster the supposedly "bad" roster. If KD was any kind of leader, he WOULD have one with those cats.

Originally Posted by Malicong View Post
    Once a front running douche, always a front running douche. Not to mention his logic is incredibly stupid to begin with. Take any MVP level player off any team in history and they are not a championship team, including the pre-KD Warriors. If he would have been smart enough to have some foresight he would have taken a little less with OKC to bolster the supposedly "bad" roster. If KD was any kind of leader, he WOULD have one with those cats.
    He's right, Russ, Dipo, Adams, Roberson, Kanter and KD - there's just no way to win with that group! And that's not even including Horford, who likely would have signed to go ring chasing.

**** KD and his bullshit.
    4 users like AquariumDrinker's post: ChocoLab, Malicong, Morningwood, SoonerVikeThunder

There were questionable moves and non moves for sure.

Whatever happened on the court doesn't matter but it now cannot be argued that the Harden trade was a huge mistake because right when the Thunder were entering a championship window the perception to people who matter, including one KD, the Thunder went cheap and didn't do everything and anything to win a title.

The fact that the Thunder were still really ****ing good didn't matter, the cheap perception over shadowed the success.

Now I'm pissed at KD's passive aggressive ass for probably never bringing up his concerns. If he did and Presti ignored it, that's on Sam.

But whatever, I'm largely over it, we got a mulligan with PG and maybe some wrongs can be righted this season.

2 users like SG1's post: Malicong, oucub23

God, KD is a little ****.
    2 users like ourn's post: Malicong, SoonerVikeThunder

Originally Posted by Malicong View Post
    What? pre-KD Warriors absolutely were a championship caliber team; they won one and almost a second one (they gave away the second title), not to mention winning 73 regular season games, most in history, EVER.

But yeah, KD is a immature crybaby.

Originally Posted by Free electron View Post
    What? pre-KD Warriors absolutely were a championship caliber team; they won one and almost a second one (they gave away the second title), not to mention winning 73 regular season games, most in history, EVER.

But yeah, KD is a immature crybaby.
    They got lucky on the first one.

They obviously were still contenders but we're lucky to have won one with kd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has small **** syndrome. Makes millions yet spends his time making fake accounts and trolling teens. He absolutely is bothered by fans booing him plus the national perception of him buying a ring. He is trolling boards using a made up name to try and justify something he never can. He missed his opportunity when he left the country after placing a 4 para ad in his own magazine. Never called Russ. Just left the country, because he felt guilty and is a coward. Now trolling teens.

No doubt he is 2121. I bet KD had fake accounts when he was here too. Seems he is bothered by fans talking about him. Now its just gonna worse. Wait til a game shows these tweets on national TV.

I fully expect him to try to come back to okc at some point now. It's the only way to fix the image.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I fully expect him to try to come back to okc at some point now. It's the only way to fix the image.
    A leaving or already out of his prime KD with a couple of rings coming back as some kind of a condescending pat on the head? Yeah, **** that. Hard pass.

4 users like SG1's post: MadMex, MikeLucky, SoonerVikeThunder, Spade1000