Moving on...

Posted 188 day(s) ago 3153 Views 40 Replies
Results 1 to 41 of 41
  1. #1

    Moving on...

    There are going to be people that have no idea who I am. There are going to be people that remember reading my posts from four years ago that couldn't comprehend anything I said, because, well, I was awful at writing.

    However, I let you all know 9 months ago that I was moving over to RufWriters.com. I always came back here to share my posts and thoughts, because I felt it was right. Essentially, you guys made me who I am. I mean, Stinger_1066 would absolutely blow my ass up about how horrible of a writer I was. I either had to change, or keep getting made fun of by people who have been following Oklahoma sports before I was even born. It was a respect thing. You guys respected my vision, and I respected your harassment, sorry, constructive criticism.

    On Monday, I begin an internship with The Franchise. With that move, my time over here is over. I'll definitely lurk to see all the ludicrous takes after Baker Mayfield takes an un-needed sack, or when Mike Stoops is so horrible that someone actually wants to find where he lives as the DB's get burned on one play. But, I'm thankful for Landthieves and the time I spent over here the last five years. It's definitely been interesting and a fun ride.

    No, Joe Mixon is not returning to Oklahoma. I promise you that. Nor is Scott Frost interviewing at OU. But I do promise that I learned from that adversity, and all the other bad info (I did post good info. I wasn't that horrible, I think) I posted on the board. It made me become more efficient and be able to pick fact from fiction.

    This journey started on here five years ago. Now? I go from message board poster, to blogger, to first-step into becoming a journalist. I've never heard that actually happening, but somehow, my dumb-ass was able to pull it off.

    With that, I thank you Landthieves. You've been one of a kind and allowed me to post dumb BS for years. Best of luck.


  2. #2
    Best of luck, bro!

  3. #3
    p23570's Avatar
    Posts
    6,408
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Miyakojima-shi, Okinawa-ken

    5 users like p23570's post: H82Lose, morrisja20, odin's beard, Petro-Sooner, SA OSO


  4. #4
    Originally Posted by p23570 View Post
    Should have just posted this

  5. #5

    Moving on...

    Best of luck man. Always remember you are bigger and better than being a stooly at a radio station. Thus is just a start. You have a bright future so set your sights high and can't wait to see what you do.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 users like Coach's post: H82Lose, Soonerlife


  6. #6
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    37,628
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Best of luck Kegan!

  7. #7
    northspeter's Avatar
    Posts
    8,642
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tulsa area

    We still get the inside scoop on Twitter, right..? 👍

    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    2 users like northspeter's post: H82Lose, SA OSO


  8. #8
    wendyaveli's Avatar
    Posts
    10,383
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Moving on...

    **** you and good luck Kegan! ❤️❤️

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Onward and upward....Good luck...!!!

  10. #10
    Lake_Bum's Avatar
    Posts
    2,183
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by wendyaveli View Post
    **** you and good luck Kegan! ❤️❤️

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What she said. (minus the hearts)
    The following users like this post: wendyaveli


  11. #11
    traxx's Avatar
    Posts
    14,280
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Shenanigans

    The Franchise, huh? Don't cross paths will Gillman or you'll get fired and be back here with all of us.
    The following users like this post: Yuck Fu


  12. #12
    cfin5256's Avatar
    Posts
    7,171
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Blanchard, Ok

    Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    The Franchise, huh? Don't cross paths will Gillman or you'll get fired and be back here with all of us.
    Lol. My first thought when reading the OP was 'he better stay on Gilman's good side...'
    The following users like this post: RockFlagandEagle


  13. #13
    smot's Avatar
    Posts
    8,629
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    This Gillman sounds like a dick. Kegan, don't put up with Gilliman's shit, you run that place now. Just like prison, you got to go in strong.

  14. #14
    cfin5256's Avatar
    Posts
    7,171
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Blanchard, Ok

    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    This Gillman sounds like a dick. Kegan, don't put up with Gilliman's shit, you run that place now. Just like prison, you got to go in strong.
    So he needs to **** Gilman to establish dominance?
    3 users like cfin5256's post: Lake_Bum, odin's beard, SoonerBull


  15. #15
    Jive Turkey11's Avatar
    Posts
    5,687
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sheridan Lanes

    3 users like Jive Turkey11's post: DakotaXIV, northspeter, SiggyPoke


  16. #16
    Jaiddin's Avatar
    Posts
    329
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Plano, Tx

    I have enjoyed your info, right or wrong, and appreciated the effort that went into getting it, then sharing it with us. You seem like a level headed kid, you take your lumps with good grace, and your kudos with humility. Keep that attitude and you will do well in any field. Best of luck.

  17. #17
    No clue who dude is, but why does one have to leave one board when one gets a job? Do they have a "no ****ing off on LT clause?"
    3 users like Slytherin's post: Keef, MikeLucky, nocalsooner


  18. #18
    Originally Posted by KeganOUUpdated View Post
    There are going to be people that have no idea who I am. There are going to be people that remember reading my posts from four years ago that couldn't comprehend anything I said, because, well, I was awful at writing.

    However, I let you all know 9 months ago that I was moving over to RufWriters.com. I always came back here to share my posts and thoughts, because I felt it was right. Essentially, you guys made me who I am. I mean, Stinger_1066 would absolutely blow my ass up about how horrible of a writer I was. I either had to change, or keep getting made fun of by people who have been following Oklahoma sports before I was even born. It was a respect thing. You guys respected my vision, and I respected your harassment, sorry, constructive criticism.

    On Monday, I begin an internship with The Franchise. With that move, my time over here is over. I'll definitely lurk to see all the ludicrous takes after Baker Mayfield takes an un-needed sack, or when Mike Stoops is so horrible that someone actually wants to find where he lives as the DB's get burned on one play. But, I'm thankful for Landthieves and the time I spent over here the last five years. It's definitely been interesting and a fun ride.

    No, Joe Mixon is not returning to Oklahoma. I promise you that. Nor is Scott Frost interviewing at OU. But I do promise that I learned from that adversity, and all the other bad info (I did post good info. I wasn't that horrible, I think) I posted on the board. It made me become more efficient and be able to pick fact from fiction.

    This journey started on here five years ago. Now? I go from message board poster, to blogger, to first-step into becoming a journalist. I've never heard that actually happening, but somehow, my dumb-ass was able to pull it off.

    With that, I thank you Landthieves. You've been one of a kind and allowed me to post dumb BS for years. Best of luck.

    Go get'em, man.
    The following users like this post: ThievingMagpie


  19. #19
    You lost me at Stinger


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4 users like PokeJ's post: Mixer!, Slytherin, Stinger_1066, ThievingMagpie


  20. #20

  21. #21
    SportyJames's Avatar
    Posts
    8,088
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Corpus Christi


  22. #22
    Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    No clue who dude is, but why does one have to leave one board when one gets a job? Do they have a "no ****ing off on LT clause?"
    Kind of have to be a professional now.... It's a blessing and a curse.

  23. #23
    Originally Posted by KeganOUUpdated View Post
    Kind of have to be a professional now.... It's a blessing and a curse.
    There are many people on here that are "professionals" in their private lives. Why is it so important for people to know who you are? Start another account and keep your mouth shut about who you are.
    2 users like eightisgreat's post: Keef, Petro-Sooner


  24. #24
    He gone yet?











    I kid! good luck!

  25. #25
    DakotaXIV's Avatar
    Posts
    806
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Storm's End

    Good luck Keegs!

  26. #26
    Originally Posted by eightisgreat View Post
    There are many people on here that are "professionals" in their private lives. Why is it so important for people to know who you are? Start another account and keep your mouth shut about who you are.
    This. We're all high level executives making six figures and married to dime pieces. No need to leave because you got an internship with some shit radio station.
    5 users like sooner28's post: Clark W. Griswold, Petro-Sooner, sooner518, sperry, VA_Sooner


  27. #27
    Originally Posted by KeganOUUpdated View Post
    Kind of have to be a professional now.... It's a blessing and a curse.
    Why? I've made well into 6 figures for damn near 2 decades and I'm the most unprofessional sum**** out there. Kind of an **** too. Why clean up your act for a $20K radio gig? **** em'. But whatever you need to do to make you feel better.
    The following users like this post: Coach


  28. #28
    Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    Why? I've made well into 6 figures for damn near 2 decades and I'm the most unprofessional sum**** out there. Kind of an **** too. Why clean up your act for a $20K radio gig? **** em'. But whatever you need to do to make you feel better.
    I totally agree. you are the most unprofessional sum**** ashoole around.


    also, I would assume most of us here appreciate teh anonymous-ness-ish-y this provides.

  29. #29
    Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    I totally agree. you are the most unprofessional sum**** ashoole around.


    also, I would assume most of us here appreciate teh anonymous-ness-ish-y this provides.
    Just the cowardly pussies and such. They know who they are.

  30. #30
    Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    Just the cowardly pussies and such. They know who they are.
    (it's 48A, right?)

  31. #31
    smot's Avatar
    Posts
    8,629
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Six figures is a pretty wide range. People who make $850,000 a year don't brag about making six figures, though they are.

  32. #32
    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    Six figures is a pretty wide range. People who make $850,000 a year don't brag about making six figures, though they are.
    It is. Who's bragging? And I don't make $850K a year. You?

  33. #33
    I banged a woman that had 6 figures in New Orleans once.
    The following users like this post: Slytherin


  34. #34
    Originally Posted by XingTheRubicon View Post
    I banged a woman that had 6 figures in New Orleans once.
    Yeah, well I got 6 chins.

  35. #35
    traxx's Avatar
    Posts
    14,280
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Shenanigans

    Hey OP, has Steely given you an intern name yet? Like Chowder or Fish Taco or something like that?

  36. #36
    SiggyPoke's Avatar
    Posts
    12,645
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jenks America

    Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    Why? I've made well into 6 figures for damn near 2 decades and I'm the most unprofessional sum**** out there. Kind of an **** too. Why clean up your act for a $20K radio gig? **** em'. But whatever you need to do to make you feel better.
    Daniel Radcliffe makes 7 figures.

  37. #37
    Originally Posted by SiggyPoke View Post
    Daniel Radcliffe makes 7 figures.
    And he's a ***. What's your point?

  38. #38
    smot's Avatar
    Posts
    8,629
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    I make six figures if you count the decimal places.
    The following users like this post: ThievingMagpie


  39. #39
    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    I make six figures if you count the decimal places.
    **** you and your higher math.

  40. #40
    Adrian's Avatar
    Posts
    1,375
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North of Norman

    Originally Posted by cfin5256 View Post
    So he needs to **** Gilman to establish dominance?


    Pretty sure that would be the way to get on Gilman's good "side."
    The following users like this post: cfin5256


  41. #41
    SiggyPoke's Avatar
    Posts
    12,645
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jenks America

    Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    And he's a ***. What's your point?
    My point is he makes 7 figures.

Similar Threads

  1. So I'm moving to Chicago....
    By Gary Manilow in forum The Pub
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: May 8th, 2017, 11:13 PM
  2. Moving to okc
    By soonerbartender in forum The Pub
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2014, 02:55 PM
  3. Would moving to the SEC have helped?
    By PoncaCitySooner in forum Football
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: January 8th, 2013, 11:25 AM

Tags for this Thread