Moving on...

Posted 188 day(s) ago 3153 Views 40 Replies

Moving on...

There are going to be people that have no idea who I am. There are going to be people that remember reading my posts from four years ago that couldn't comprehend anything I said, because, well, I was awful at writing.

However, I let you all know 9 months ago that I was moving over to RufWriters.com. I always came back here to share my posts and thoughts, because I felt it was right. Essentially, you guys made me who I am. I mean, Stinger_1066 would absolutely blow my ass up about how horrible of a writer I was. I either had to change, or keep getting made fun of by people who have been following Oklahoma sports before I was even born. It was a respect thing. You guys respected my vision, and I respected your harassment, sorry, constructive criticism.

On Monday, I begin an internship with The Franchise. With that move, my time over here is over. I'll definitely lurk to see all the ludicrous takes after Baker Mayfield takes an un-needed sack, or when Mike Stoops is so horrible that someone actually wants to find where he lives as the DB's get burned on one play. But, I'm thankful for Landthieves and the time I spent over here the last five years. It's definitely been interesting and a fun ride.

No, Joe Mixon is not returning to Oklahoma. I promise you that. Nor is Scott Frost interviewing at OU. But I do promise that I learned from that adversity, and all the other bad info (I did post good info. I wasn't that horrible, I think) I posted on the board. It made me become more efficient and be able to pick fact from fiction.

This journey started on here five years ago. Now? I go from message board poster, to blogger, to first-step into becoming a journalist. I've never heard that actually happening, but somehow, my dumb-ass was able to pull it off.

With that, I thank you Landthieves. You've been one of a kind and allowed me to post dumb BS for years. Best of luck.

Best of luck, bro!

5 users like p23570's post: H82Lose, morrisja20, odin's beard, Petro-Sooner, SA OSO

Originally Posted by p23570 View Post
    Should have just posted this

Moving on...

Best of luck man. Always remember you are bigger and better than being a stooly at a radio station. Thus is just a start. You have a bright future so set your sights high and can't wait to see what you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 users like Coach's post: H82Lose, Soonerlife

Best of luck Kegan!

We still get the inside scoop on Twitter, right..? 👍

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    2 users like northspeter's post: H82Lose, SA OSO

Moving on...

**** you and good luck Kegan! ❤️❤️

Onward and upward....Good luck...!!!

Originally Posted by wendyaveli View Post
    **** you and good luck Kegan! ❤️❤️

What she said. (minus the hearts)
    The following users like this post: wendyaveli

The Franchise, huh? Don't cross paths will Gillman or you'll get fired and be back here with all of us.
    The following users like this post: Yuck Fu

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    The Franchise, huh? Don't cross paths will Gillman or you'll get fired and be back here with all of us.
    Lol. My first thought when reading the OP was 'he better stay on Gilman's good side...'
    The following users like this post: RockFlagandEagle

This Gillman sounds like a dick. Kegan, don't put up with Gilliman's shit, you run that place now. Just like prison, you got to go in strong.

Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    This Gillman sounds like a dick. Kegan, don't put up with Gilliman's shit, you run that place now. Just like prison, you got to go in strong.
    So he needs to **** Gilman to establish dominance?
    3 users like cfin5256's post: Lake_Bum, odin's beard, SoonerBull

3 users like Jive Turkey11's post: DakotaXIV, northspeter, SiggyPoke

I have enjoyed your info, right or wrong, and appreciated the effort that went into getting it, then sharing it with us. You seem like a level headed kid, you take your lumps with good grace, and your kudos with humility. Keep that attitude and you will do well in any field. Best of luck.

No clue who dude is, but why does one have to leave one board when one gets a job? Do they have a "no ****ing off on LT clause?"
    3 users like Slytherin's post: Keef, MikeLucky, nocalsooner

Originally Posted by KeganOUUpdated View Post
    There are going to be people that have no idea who I am. There are going to be people that remember reading my posts from four years ago that couldn't comprehend anything I said, because, well, I was awful at writing.

However, I let you all know 9 months ago that I was moving over to RufWriters.com. I always came back here to share my posts and thoughts, because I felt it was right. Essentially, you guys made me who I am. I mean, Stinger_1066 would absolutely blow my ass up about how horrible of a writer I was. I either had to change, or keep getting made fun of by people who have been following Oklahoma sports before I was even born. It was a respect thing. You guys respected my vision, and I respected your harassment, sorry, constructive criticism.

On Monday, I begin an internship with The Franchise. With that move, my time over here is over. I'll definitely lurk to see all the ludicrous takes after Baker Mayfield takes an un-needed sack, or when Mike Stoops is so horrible that someone actually wants to find where he lives as the DB's get burned on one play. But, I'm thankful for Landthieves and the time I spent over here the last five years. It's definitely been interesting and a fun ride.

No, Joe Mixon is not returning to Oklahoma. I promise you that. Nor is Scott Frost interviewing at OU. But I do promise that I learned from that adversity, and all the other bad info (I did post good info. I wasn't that horrible, I think) I posted on the board. It made me become more efficient and be able to pick fact from fiction.

This journey started on here five years ago. Now? I go from message board poster, to blogger, to first-step into becoming a journalist. I've never heard that actually happening, but somehow, my dumb-ass was able to pull it off.

With that, I thank you Landthieves. You've been one of a kind and allowed me to post dumb BS for years. Best of luck.

Go get'em, man.
    The following users like this post: ThievingMagpie

You lost me at Stinger

4 users like PokeJ's post: Mixer!, Slytherin, Stinger_1066, ThievingMagpie

Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    No clue who dude is, but why does one have to leave one board when one gets a job? Do they have a "no ****ing off on LT clause?"
    Kind of have to be a professional now.... It's a blessing and a curse.

There are many people on here that are "professionals" in their private lives. Why is it so important for people to know who you are? Start another account and keep your mouth shut about who you are.
    2 users like eightisgreat's post: Keef, Petro-Sooner

He gone yet?

I kid! good luck!

Good luck Keegs!

Originally Posted by eightisgreat View Post
    There are many people on here that are "professionals" in their private lives. Why is it so important for people to know who you are? Start another account and keep your mouth shut about who you are.
    This. We're all high level executives making six figures and married to dime pieces. No need to leave because you got an internship with some shit radio station.
    5 users like sooner28's post: Clark W. Griswold, Petro-Sooner, sooner518, sperry, VA_Sooner

Why? I've made well into 6 figures for damn near 2 decades and I'm the most unprofessional sum**** out there. Kind of an **** too. Why clean up your act for a $20K radio gig? **** em'. But whatever you need to do to make you feel better.
    The following users like this post: Coach

Why? I've made well into 6 figures for damn near 2 decades and I'm the most unprofessional sum**** out there. Kind of an **** too. Why clean up your act for a $20K radio gig? **** em'. But whatever you need to do to make you feel better.
    I totally agree. you are the most unprofessional sum**** ashoole around.

also, I would assume most of us here appreciate teh anonymous-ness-ish-y this provides.

Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    I totally agree. you are the most unprofessional sum**** ashoole around.

also, I would assume most of us here appreciate teh anonymous-ness-ish-y this provides.
    Just the cowardly pussies and such. They know who they are.

Just the cowardly pussies and such. They know who they are.
    (it's 48A, right?)

Six figures is a pretty wide range. People who make $850,000 a year don't brag about making six figures, though they are.

Six figures is a pretty wide range. People who make $850,000 a year don't brag about making six figures, though they are.
    It is. Who's bragging? And I don't make $850K a year. You?

I banged a woman that had 6 figures in New Orleans once.
    The following users like this post: Slytherin

Originally Posted by XingTheRubicon View Post
    I banged a woman that had 6 figures in New Orleans once.
    Yeah, well I got 6 chins.

Hey OP, has Steely given you an intern name yet? Like Chowder or Fish Taco or something like that?

Daniel Radcliffe makes 7 figures.

Originally Posted by SiggyPoke View Post
    Daniel Radcliffe makes 7 figures.
    And he's a ***. What's your point?

I make six figures if you count the decimal places.
    The following users like this post: ThievingMagpie

I make six figures if you count the decimal places.
    **** you and your higher math.

Originally Posted by cfin5256 View Post
    So he needs to **** Gilman to establish dominance?

Pretty sure that would be the way to get on Gilman's good "side."
    The following users like this post: cfin5256

And he's a ***. What's your point?
    My point is he makes 7 figures.