Moore & Broken Arrow Warren Theatres sold

Posted 184 day(s) ago 3396 Views 11 Replies

Movies Moore & Broken Arrow Warren Theatres sold

An emotional Bill Warren confirms he’s sold seven of his Warren Theatres, including all of the Wichita ones, to Tennessee-based Regal Entertainment Group.

The deal is effective immediately. Though it was a difficult decision to sell his almost 30-year-old company, Warren, 68, says it was the right one to permit him to do even bigger things.

“There’s a lot more seller’s happiness than seller’s regret.”

On Thursday, The Eagle reported that Regal was likely buying the Wichita-based theater chain.

The sale includes all of Warren’s theaters in Wichita – the east-side, west-side and Old Town Warren Theatres, the Palace Theatre and Movie Machine inside Towne West Square – and his theaters in Moore and Broken Arrow, Okla.

The sale does not include the two new theaters Warren is building in Oklahoma City.
    http://www.kansas.com/news/business/...151485057.html

I'm not real happy about this. I don't have many great experiences with Regal.
    The following users like this post: odin's beard

Maybe they'll bring in good food to the suites.

Originally Posted by Rufus T Firefly View Post
    Maybe they'll bring in good food to the suites.
    I have always been pleased with the food when we order in the balcony. Nice to be able to get food and watch movie when babysitters only have a few hours. I hope the change is for the good cause I can't imagine going anywhere else for a new movie.

Maybe they will end up with a better online ticket portal
    3 users like DIB's post: Bk2X, schoonerdriver, WalkOn

This. Blows.

Why is he not selling the new ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Bk2X View Post
    I have always been pleased with the food when we order in the balcony. Nice to be able to get food and watch movie when babysitters only have a few hours. I hope the change is for the good cause I can't imagine going anywhere else for a new movie.
    Good concept, just hate the actual Sam's food. It's pretty typical movie watching food though.

Fuuuuck. This really sucks. Regal is just shit. There's a reason everyone in Norman drives up to the Warren in Moore.
    5 users like OrionJc's post: beelzeBob, burnsyo, kingswitz, soonervegas, Sugasean

Originally Posted by Sugasean View Post
    This. Blows.

Why is he not selling the new ones?
    Might be a deal to sell them once construction is complete. Regal may not have wanted to have to finish them.
    2 users like SoonerSean03's post: soonervegas, Sugasean

The Warren theater is the only reason I started enjoying the movie experiences again. It's kept clean, food isn't great but it sure as heck is good enough to eat. Drinks have gone up, but that's expected. I don't understand this move by him, but I'm sure he has his reasons. I really hope this theater doesn't go down like a JFK jr flown plane. If it does, I'll start not going to movie theaters again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: Bk2X

Originally Posted by OrionJc View Post
    Fuuuuck. This really sucks. Regal is just shit. There's a reason everyone in Norman drives up to the Warren in Moore.
    I am pretty sure Regal will eventually turn it to shit. The only variable is how long will they try to keep up current appearance/standard .....
    2 users like soonervegas's post: MikeLucky, Naples_Sooner

Originally Posted by soonervegas View Post
    I am pretty sure Regal will eventually turn it to shit. The only variable is how long will they try to keep up current appearance/standard .....
    Sure, in some instances, it will be a slow slide. They won't be tearing out any of the marble or painting over the murals/etc. Assuming any level of basic maintenance, the appearance will go on for awhile.

What will change right away is the number of previews, ads/commercials before the previews, and all the annoying ****ery that "normal" theaters use these days. Avoiding all the annoying bullshit was a big part of what made going to the Warren that much more enjoyable.
    The following users like this post: soonervegas