'18 WR Jaquayln Crawford - Verbal!

Posted 65 day(s) ago by p2357021864 Views 195 Replies
Page 4 of 4 2 3 4
    Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    I hate that, and guys that try and drop the ball 1 inch inside the endzone.
    Hear you...but one inch inside is better than not at all.

Originally Posted by S00nerJay View Post
    Looking at his highlight film, just kept saying...."Jesus Christ...."

3 inches and 25 lbs are the only reason this kid isn't a 5 star.
    If he had that size, we're talking about Reggie Bush 2.0

Kid has a ton of potential and should be a lot of fun in Crimson and Cream

He's got the kind of talent that can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball
    The following users like this post: CrimsonOberon

Originally Posted by smusooner View Post
    If he had that size, we're talking about Reggie Bush 2.0

Kid has a ton of potential and should be a lot of fun in Crimson and Cream

He's got the kind of talent that can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball
    Riley will move him all over the field. This is exactly the kind of guy you sign just for his home run ability without a specific position nailed down. Just get the ball in his hands and let him go to work.
    3 users like CrimsonOberon's post: freedombird, SA OSO, smusooner

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
      Not Safe For Work
    I'm your huckleberry...

Spoiler:
    STOP IT !

I can't believe my d* just barfed that much!

Originally Posted by Ako at ang aking puwit View Post
    ....thats what she said

SS

Originally Posted by South slider View Post
    ....thats what she said

SS
    Can't believe it took 49 minutes to get that response....LT is getting slow.

Originally Posted by CrimsonOberon View Post
    Riley will move him all over the field. This is exactly the kind of guy you sign just for his home run ability without a specific position nailed down. Just get the ball in his hands and let him go to work.
    Punt returns we can haz?
    4 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: CrimsonOberon, gravelveins, SA OSO, SoonerNow

It appears OU is trying to sign more very elusive speedy receivers who can do a lot with the ball after the catch….
    Having 3 receivers like this on the field at the same time makes it a tough match up for about any defense.
    4 users like OU48A's post: CrimsonOberon, freedombird, SA OSO, smusooner

Honestly, I have to question his competition. They look slow and Incapable of tackling....like he was playing against entire team of Tom Worts.
    2 users like Ako at ang aking puwit's post: EatLeadCommie, lauderdaleOU

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    It appears OU is trying to sign more very elusive speedy receivers who can do a lot with the ball after the catch….
    Having 3 receivers like this on the field at the same time makes it a tough match up for about any defense.
    For the spread I guess it's better have a bunch of guys who are good at creating space quickly. But I'm sure Riley still wants a few 6'1 or 6'2 guys like Crabtree or Bryant. I don't expect him to go after the 6'4 WRs like we were for the last several years.
    3 users like Zack's post: CrimsonOberon, Hang Half a Hundred, OU48A

Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    For the spread I guess it's better have a bunch of guys who are good at creating space quickly. But I'm sure Riley still wants a few 6'1 or 6'2 guys like Crabtree or Bryant. I don't expect him to go after the 6'4 WRs like we were for the last several years.
    Ceedee Lamb and Charleston Rambo are about what I expect when Riley goes after "big" wide receivers for his offense.

I don't expect OU to go after 6'4"-6'5" guys again, unless they are fast and agile as ****. Riley's version of the Air Raid relies on space eaters, not a ton of jump balls. There aren't many possession receivers that have the feet to do what Riley asks his receivers to do.

Mead may be an exception. As evidenced by his performance against Iowa State, he definitely has danceable feet for a guy his height.
    4 users like CrimsonOberon's post: Greek Sooner, KSooner, OU48A, Vodnik

That's why he has Calcaterr, Stogner, and hopefully Boomer Grayson soon.

Originally Posted by RDC212 View Post
    Tight ends/Flex receivers are a class all their own. They're expected to be able to block and line up along the line if asked, just like a traditional tight end. Flexed out wide in the formation, they exist to be mismatches.

I can see Mark Andrews lining up at the line of scrimmage; I couldn't see Dez Bryant doing the same thing, nor any of the other big possession-style receivers in traditional offenses.

Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    I hate that, and guys that try and drop the ball 1 inch inside the endzone.
    One last thought, I like the way Q and Barry Sanders handle scoring a TD. Get to the endzone and hand it to the ref. Act like you've been there before.
    4 users like SA OSO's post: Cooter Brown, freedombird, NickDangerThirdEye, SoonerNow

Originally Posted by SA OSO View Post
    One last thought, I like the way Q and Barry Sanders handle scoring a TD. Get to the endzone and hand it to the ref. Act like you've been there before.
    I will admit that I do prefer that.

That said, get the ball into the end zone consistently and you can do the Mexican Hat Dance for all I care.
    2 users like CrimsonOberon's post: SA OSO, Widescreen

Honestly, I have to question his competition. They look slow and Incapable of tackling....like he was playing against entire team of Tom Worts.
    http://www.txstatebobcats.com/mobile...aspx?staff=348

He's a grad assistant where I did my undergrad

Originally Posted by RDC212 View Post
    Yea, it seems like Riley's ideal WR lineup has one or two big tall hybrid TE types and then a bunch of Marc Clayton types.

That gives you the versatility to have big bodies to make those goal line possession in traffic catches as well as the guys who can catch short passes in space and make defenders miss.

Feels a lot like the Patriots WR corps honestly.
    8 users like ResidentEvil's post: Bear_Jew, boomer8390, CrimsonOberon, DelMarSooner, RockE, SA OSO, SoonerNow, SplitTD

Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    Yea, it seems like Riley's ideal WR lineup has one or two big tall hybrid TE types and then a bunch of Marc Clayton types.

That gives you the versatility to have big bodies to make those goal line possession in traffic catches as well as the guys who can catch short passes in space and make defenders miss.

That's also why Wes Welker will never happen again at OU: meaning a small receiver will never be overlooked if they have legit speed and good hands.

Riley will find a way to get that receiver involved in the game plan.
    The following users like this post: SA OSO

Originally Posted by lauderdaleOU View Post
    http://www.txstatebobcats.com/mobile...aspx?staff=348

He's a grad assistant where I did my undergrad
    Wort is a former starting linebacker at Oklahoma for three seasons before declaring for the 2013 NFL Draft Combine.
    I'm pretty ignorant about the NFL but don't you have to be invited to the combine? I didn't know you could "declare" for it.

Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    I'm pretty ignorant about the NFL but don't you have to be invited to the combine? I didn't know you could "declare" for it.
    Good catch. I'm sure the article meant declared himself eligible for the NFL Draft.

In hindsight, that move worked out well for OU. He wasn't exactly getting it done on the field....opened up a scholly.
    The following users like this post: SoonerNow

Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post

Yes, a bunch of Mark Clayton types would be a good recipe for success. The hole in this strategy would be that there aren't many Mark Clayton's out there to be had.

While we're at it, a bunch of Tommie Harris and Trent Williams types would be useful. Throw in a handful of Curtis Loftons, a dash of Roy Williamses and two or three Sam Bradfords too....now we're cooking.
    3 users like Ako at ang aking puwit's post: JW3K, SA OSO, SoonerNow

Hey! Why don't we just put Mixon, DeMarco Murray and AD types in the backfield?!
    5 users like SoonerNow's post: Ako at ang aking puwit, JW3K, RDC212, SA OSO, Vodnik

Originally Posted by SoonerNow View Post
    Hey! Why don't we just put Mixon, DeMarco Murray and AD types in the backfield?!
    Thought about it, but we're RB U....we always have RB's.

Yes, a bunch of Mark Clayton types would be a good recipe for success. The hole in this strategy would be that there aren't many Mark Clayton's out there to be had.

While we're at it, a bunch of Tommie Harris and Trent Williams types would be useful. Throw in a handful of Curtis Loftons, a dash of Roy Williamses and two or three Sam Bradfords too....now we're cooking.
    Shouldn't there be some Selmon grandchildren coming along? Or have they all become academics?
    2 users like Balko's post: JW3K, SoonerNow

Originally Posted by Balko View Post
    Shouldn't there be some Selmon grandchildren coming along? Or have they all become academics?
    I've been praying for little baby Selmons to come along for decades....that strategy hasn't worked out yet.

I've been praying for little baby Selmons to come along for decades....that strategy hasn't worked out yet.
    We shut down the cloning program a while back so we've had to resort to natural breeding which is bullshit. Heard they're testing to see if gene splicing is more effective. I believe we're in trials the last I heard.

We've had four in a little more than 10 years (Clayton, Broyles, Shep and DeDe).

Is it that they didn't exist, or that we didn't prioritize them across an entire receiving corps?

I don't think Jay Norvell had a preference in wide receiver type; Lincoln Riley and Dennis Simmons apparently do have a preference--and since they've been apart of three Biletnikoff winning seasons, I'm not going to second-guess them.
    2 users like CrimsonOberon's post: freedombird, SA OSO

Originally Posted by CrimsonOberon View Post
    That's also why Wes Welker will never happen again at OU: meaning a small receiver will never be overlooked if they have legit speed and good hands.

Riley will find a way to get that receiver involved in the game plan.
    We need a tough, reliable white receiver to make those tough catches and yards
    2 users like barlowd's post: CrimsonOberon, JW3K

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    If they are fast, tough and reliable they can be pygmies for all I care.
    The following users like this post: SA OSO

that's not what she said. I'm aware someone beat me to this because it was lobbed so nicely but I couldn't resist.

Originally Posted by RockE View Post
    that's not what she said. I'm aware someone beat me to this because it was lobbed so nicely but I couldn't resist.
    Trust me, thousands of LT'ers saw the lob and resisted going the route so obviously presented. Not that there's anything wrong with a tee-hee moment, now and again.
    2 users like Balko's post: RockE, SA OSO

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Just being white qualifies you as a 'Wes Welker type' wide receiver.

Before we get into the Lincoln only likes small WR stuff Lamb and Rambo are 6'1". They are good size for college WRs. Mead is OU's only true "big" WR tho.

Originally Posted by Pguthrie View Post
    Before we get into the Lincoln only likes small WR stuff Lamb and Rambo are 6'1". They are good size for college WRs. Mead is OU's only true "big" WR tho.
    AD Miller is abt 6.5, and looks like he gained some lbs this offseason
    2 users like VA_Sooner's post: Pguthrie, Vodnik

Originally Posted by VA_Sooner View Post
    Plus, Treveon Johnson is 6'1" and Kundarrius Taylor is 6'3"
    2 users like Pguthrie's post: NickDangerThirdEye, VA_Sooner

Originally Posted by Pguthrie View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with being small. Riley just seems to prioritize fleet receivers. So outside of our Flex receivers, ala Mark Andrews, I can't see us going for the 6'4"-6'6" with great hands that are good on jump balls but can't stretch the field.

If you have a chance to get a guy in that 6'4"-6'6" height range that can stretch the field? Of course you take them. That said, much like OU no longer recruits statues at QB, we have a certain type now at wide receiver. That's all most of us have been saying.

"types" being the key word for the linguistically impaired. Meaning smaller, fast, shifty, etc. You know, like most of the WRs that we've been recruiting.

Listed at 6'3

Originally Posted by Balko View Post
    Trust me, thousands of LT'ers saw the lob and resisted going the route so obviously presented. Not that there's anything wrong with a tee-hee moment, now and again.
    ...It had to be done and I'm too old to care anymore

SS

Listed at 6'3
    Ya he might be abt 6.3, still pretty big.

yea, but is he SEC tall?

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    yea, but is he SEC tall?

6.3 feet or 6'3"?

Originally Posted by p23570 View Post
    6.3 feet or 6'3"?
    6'3"1/16th to be precise

6'3"1/16th to be precise
    So...NOT SEC tall?