What if Bob had a premonition?

Posted 63 day(s) ago 3938 Views 66 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Stoops What if Bob had a premonition?

that OU is on a path to Gary Gibbs, or even John Blake, like suckage in the next few years due to our continued affiliation with the god awful Big 12?

So he decided to get out before the downward spiral begins?

2 users like Stinger_1066's post: cbsooner, jakel

Then he's a ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People don't get to his position in life running away from challenges - challenges are what drives successful people like Bob.
    7 users like Bruno Gianelli's post: BoomSoon2016, H82Lose, MyT Oklahoma, NickDangerThirdEye, OU48A, RockE, Ruf Nek

....are you kidding? pass up his chance to win another 5 or 6 Big12 trophies in a row?

....that's what he lives for!

SS
    3 users like South slider's post: DenverSooner, jakel, Makaveli

what if bob had a dream that joe was infected with an alien form of a brain eating amoeba that was causing him to dress up in wwii **** regalia. and he asked bob to dress the same or else he'd be beheaded at louie's?

and bob would've done it, but brown tones make him feel all meh and shit.

there was no way he could go on coaching after a dream like that. no way...

What if Bob had a premonition....that he had a group of athletes with the same drive and potential as when he arrived on campus, and discovered he had an opportunity to set the plate for a possible title run for an up-and-coming young coach, just as Joe Castiglione had given to him in 1999? What if he thought he had set up a new guy with some of the premier facilities in the country, one of the strongest fan bases, and a ~$3M salary just for gravy?

You know, glass half full and all that...

Meh, don't kid yourself. Us gloomer doomers forced him out. He probably was having nightmares of me, crooter, eight is great, and boomer magic saying nasty things about him on LT.

Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    What if bob just wants to stop working and start living?
    For real. SOmetimes people just get tired and burnt out or want to retire. We have like 100+ posts about the "why" he did it. He's a ****ing normal person and might just want to go to Tuscany and see his sons final year of HS.
    The following users like this post: MsProudSooner

What if bob just wants to stop working and start living binge-watching Oprah reruns?
    Lots of different ways to enjoy retirement.
    2 users like Trip's post: HellVol, RockE

Originally Posted by dallasstars10 View Post
    For real. SOmetimes people just get tired and burnt out or want to retire. We have like 100+ posts about the "why" he did it. He's a ****ing normal person and might just want to go to Tuscany and see his sons final year of HS.
    Seriously though doesn't everyone want to retire by like age 50?
    3 users like Zack's post: Bob Loblaw, DistrictSooner, tennsooner

What if Bob really spelled cat.
    7 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: DenverSooner, golfer50, jakel, macou44, NAMLOOT, OU48A, toatsmcgoats

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    that OU is on a path to Gary Gibbs, or even John Blake, like suckage in the next few years due to our continued affiliation with the god awful Big 12?

5 users like Vodnik's post: CrimsonOberon, Jive Turkey11, lonetreebill, OU48A, VA_Sooner

Wha if Bob had a premonition that he had a houseful of hot young Korean girls in bikinis and he couldn't find the door.

Btw the only reason I posted this is for you perverts to post replies with hot youn Asian girls in bikinis dancing so I could properly start my day.
    2 users like lonetreebill's post: Bob Loblaw, MyT Oklahoma

Originally Posted by lonetreebill View Post
    Wha if Bob had a premonition that he had a houseful of hot young Korean girls in bikinis and he couldn't find the door.

Btw the only reason I posted this is for you perverts to post replies with hot youn Asian girls in bikinis dancing so I could properly start my day.
    Pics of what that might look like?

I can't understand why so many people have a hard time with the concept of a person deciding he is getting older and needs to start enjoying his life to the fullest without the stress and upset and time demands that comes with a high pressure job. He earned it and he needs to kick back and enjoy it. No mystery to me.
    4 users like tennsooner's post: Chk, MsProudSooner, MyT Oklahoma, OU48A

What if Bob had a premonition of Blobert Allen finally losing his humanity and eating half of the state?

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I'm a schizophrenic
    And so am I
    6 users like OU812's post: CrimsonOberon, HellVol, jakel, OU48A, ouwasp, RockE

Bob says being able to watch his sons play was not a consideration.

What if Bob is really a witch?

BURN HIM!!!

Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    What if grandma had a dick....What if....???
    Yep…. I get pretty tired of the WHAT IF’s threads and rarely post on them as many just like this one are antagonistic in nature.

This^ there are not too many coaches at Blue Blood programs who want to coach as long as Bob did because of the stressful nature of the job.

A gut feeling tells me Riley may be different….and end up coaching at OU longer than a lot of us live. But who knows?

Life is full of crazy mysteries....

What if there were no fancy ketchup, would people just call regular ketchup fancy?

What if a bunch of cats jump on top of each other, is it still called a dog pile?

If a jogger runs at the speed of sound, can he still hear his iPod?

If man evolved from monkeys, how come we still have monkeys?

How do you handcuff a one-armed man?

When does it stop being partly cloudy and start being partly sunny?

If a baby's leg pops out at 11:59PM but his head doesn't come out until 12:01, which day was he born on?

Why is sandwich meat round while sandwich bread is square?

Why is the word "dictionary" in the dictionary?

Why do they call the little candy bars "fun sizes". Wouldn't it be more fun to eat a big one?

Why doesn't the fattest man in the world become a hockey goalie?

When Atheists go to court, do they have to swear on the bible?

Is it rude for a deaf person to talk (sign) with their mouth full of food?

If a doctor suddenly had a heart attack while doing surgery, would the other doctors work on the doctor or the patient?

How can something be "new" and "improved"? if it's new, what was it improving on?

Why do they sterilize lethal injections?

Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?

Why do we put suits in a garment bag and put garments in a suitcase?

If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME stuff, why didn't he just buy dinner?

Do Chinese people get English sayings tattooed on their bodies?

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

Can you plan a surprise birthday party for a psychic?
    Sent from my iPad
    5 users like meandmybutt's post: Chk, Jive Turkey11, MyT Oklahoma, OU48A, ouwasp

Stinger has the answer to the question.
    3 users like JW3K's post: Breadburner, Jive Turkey11, tennsooner

How Come
    Ray LaMontagne

People on the street now
    Faces long and grim
    Souls are feeling heavy
    And faith is growing thin
    Fears are getting stronger
    You can Feel them on the rise
    Hopelessness got some by the throat you can see it in their eyes
    I said how come
    How come
    Everybody on a shoestring
    Everybody in a hole
    Everybody crossing their fingers and toes
    Government man spin his politics till he got you pinned
    Everybody trying to reach out to each other
    But they don't know where to begin
    I said how come
    I can't tell
    The free world
    From living hell
    I said how come
    How come
    All I see
    Is a child of god
    In misery
    I said how come the pistol now as profit
    The bullet some kind of lord and king
    But pain is the only promise that this so called savior is going to bring
    Love can be a liar
    And justice can be a thief
    And freedom can be an empty cup from which everybody want to drink
    I said how come
    I can't tell
    The free world
    From living hell
    I said how come
    How come
    All I see
    Is a child of god
    In misery
    I said how come
    Its just man killing man
    Killing man
    Killing man
    Killing man
    Killing man
    I don't understand
    Its just man killing man

What if Bob had a premonition that at aged 56, he might drop dead of a heart attack while coaching a game and never really getting to enjoy his family and the wealth that he has accumulated over a lifetime:

The following users like this post: jakel

How is the Big 12 going to cause problems in the next few years that it hasn't already? It's been in this condition since 2011 and OU is stronger than it has been since 2008. We had the SEC's #2 calling timeouts at the end of the Sugar Bowl to keep it from looking like a blowout. Just keep scheduling OOC like OU does and it's all good. And that's all assuming Texas continues to suck which, while it's fun, probably won't last forever.
    4 users like AppalachianSooner's post: CrimsonOberon, MyT Oklahoma, RockE, soonerschooner

Originally Posted by AppalachianSooner View Post
    How is the Big 12 going to cause problems in the next few years that it hasn't already? It's been in this condition since 2011 and OU is stronger than it has been since 2008. We had the SEC's #2 calling timeouts at the end of the Sugar Bowl to keep it from looking like a blowout. Just keep scheduling OOC like OU does and it's all good. And that's all assuming Texas continues to suck which, while it's fun, probably won't last forever.
    You might be broken.

I see no time or place in the universe or any alternate universe where Texas does not suck.
    3 users like meandmybutt's post: MyT Oklahoma, RockFlagandEagle, soonerschooner

What if this thread had never been started? Would we be any better off?
    3 users like Mazeppa's post: Chk, MyT Oklahoma, ouwasp

I lived through the John Blake era--we aren't anywhere close to that ****ing shit show. Stoops would literally have to tack our Two Deep to a board and start throwing darts at it before we were anything close to that.

Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    What if this thread had never been started? Would we be any better off?
    2 users like Jett's post: Mazeppa, Silvershoes

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    This^ there are not too many coaches at Blue Blood programs who want to coach as long as Bob did because of the stressful nature of the job.

A gut feeling tells me Riley may be different….and end up coaching at OU longer than a lot of us live. But who knows?
    I see Riley ending up in the NFL by the time he's 40.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by tennsooner View Post
    I can't understand why so many people have a hard time with the concept of a person deciding he is getting older and needs to start enjoying his life to the fullest without the stress and upset and time demands that comes with a high pressure job. He earned it and he needs to kick back and enjoy it. No mystery to me.
    Now that 10 days has gone by since Stoops signed off, I really believe him when he says he has been thinking about this for awhile. The only person that knew before he initially told Boren and Joe C. in April this was his last year was his wife. Then I think when he convinced them Riley was the man he decided to leave now so the staff gets at least one more year with Riley and everything isn't blown up. Carol left Mary Kay last year and this was all part of the plan imo. Bob has plenty of cash, can decompress, relax the next 6 months just being a Dad then see what comes his way. I think he either takes on the NFL if it is the right place or goes into the studio for cfb with ESPN or FOX a year from now imo.......

What if we just wished him well, thanked him for our conference domination and quit speculating on his reasons for leaving?
    4 users like Chk's post: Mazeppa, MyT Oklahoma, SoonerVikeThunder, tennsooner

5 users like mexican/ninja's post: Chk, golfer50, Jive Turkey11, Mazeppa, Stinger_1066

What if Bob was in a meeting with Joe, but he really needed to take a shot. But ****ing Joe just kept yammering on about sellout crowds and fundraising, and Bob jumped up and said while running out the door "**** it, I'm out, I gotta shit." But he was already out the door by the time he said the last part. So Joe being Joe thinks Bob is done, and gets the paperwork drawn up while Bob is taking a massive dump. When Bob gets back he's feeling so good he signs whatever Joe puts in front of him.
    The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

stinger, you're older than all of us. you know work gets in the way of life and hookers sometimes.

Originally Posted by Silvershoes View Post
    I think he either takes on the NFL if it is the right place or goes into the studio for cfb with ESPN or FOX a year from now.
    i'd be extremely surprised if either of those things happen.

he's as entertaining in front of a camera as a tax accountant.

and i don't think he has the energy or desire for the nfl.

Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    i'd be extremely surprised if either of those things happen.

he's as entertaining in front of a camera as a tax accountant.

and i don't think he has the energy or desire for the nfl.
    Like Mack Brown?

5 users like deweydw's post: golfer50, jakel, Mazeppa, RockE, TheBoots

Originally Posted by Chk View Post
    What if we just wished him well, thanked him for our conference domination and quit speculating on his reasons for leaving?
    then this would be the most boring site around. ya gotta have the goofs here to offset the realists.
    The following users like this post: Chk

Originally Posted by SoonerSapper View Post
    What if Bob was in a meeting with Joe, but he really needed to take a shot. But ****ing Joe just kept yammering on about sellout crowds and fundraising, and Bob jumped up and said while running out the door "**** it, I'm out, I gotta shit." But he was already out the door by the time he said the last part. So Joe being Joe thinks Bob is done, and gets the paperwork drawn up while Bob is taking a massive dump. When Bob gets back he's feeling so good he signs whatever Joe puts in front of him.
    I've never taken a shot whilst I take a shit but I'm not a multimillionaire like Bob. I imagine that's a pretty regular schedule. maybe he adds Metamucil to the shot?

Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    Like Mack Brown?
    no, far worse.

Originally Posted by RockE View Post
    I've never taken a shot whilst I take a shit but I'm not a multimillionaire like Bob. I imagine that's a pretty regular schedule. maybe he adds Metamucil to the shot?
    What, who doesn't drink while shitting?

Originally Posted by SoonerSapper View Post
    What, who doesn't drink while shitting?
    I've been missing out on this for years! well damnit that changes first thing tomorrow am before church.

Bread lets be honest. Your grandma has one... a big black one. She keeps it in her night stand.
    2 users like jakel's post: Breadburner, Stinger_1066

What if bob just wants to stop working and start living?
    LOFL.... define working. 5 mo a fkg year. For 5.5 mill...? And he can go golfing in Florida for a few days, in the middle of it ...?

Gtfooh

Originally Posted by RockE View Post
    then this would be the most boring site around. ya gotta have the goofs here to offset the realists.
    Point made. Carry on.
    The following users like this post: RockE

The following users like this post: Breadburner