Do you guys havd any kids playing on showcase baseball teams this year?

My oldest has played on a couple of teams, and GEEEZZZUUUSS KROLLY this shit is expensive. Atlanta, Chicago, OU this weekend. It is really a cool experience for these boys that want to get looks though. I am hoping he gets a few offers. Coastal Carolina has been talking to him a little bit, but that is the longest shot of them all. Before asked, he couldn't play at OU, well OU would not look at him.

Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    My oldest has played on a couple of teams, and GEEEZZZUUUSS KROLLY this shit is expensive. Atlanta, Chicago, OU this weekend. It is really a cool experience for these boys that want to get looks though. I am hoping he gets a few offers. Coastal Carolina has been talking to him a little bit, but that is the longest shot of them all. Before asked, he couldn't play at OU, well OU would not look at him.
    I am curious as to his age and baseball experience that led him this type of team. I have a couple sons that play ball. I know it is an open ended question, but not sure what to ask. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Boomer75 View Post
    I am curious as to his age and baseball experience that led him this type of team. I have a couple sons that play ball. I know it is an open ended question, but not sure what to ask. Thanks.
    he is 17 and will be a SR. to be honest there are a ton of these teams around but I didn't know anything about them. Around soph year is when I should have started him. They played at OU yesterday and there were several scouts there from college teams. He got on because his highschool coach knew a guy that knew a guy kinda thing.

he is 17 and will be a SR. to be honest there are a ton of these teams around but I didn't know anything about them. Around soph year is when I should have started him. They played at OU yesterday and there were several scouts there from college teams. He got on because his highschool coach knew a guy that knew a guy kinda thing.
    Do you feel that this showcase is necessary to get offers from schools? Are people selling them pretty hard?

What's the difference between showcase & competitive travel ball..?

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Boomer75 View Post
    Do you feel that this showcase is necessary to get offers from schools? Are people selling them pretty hard?
    If he is a good player for a big school, no worries.

Originally Posted by northspeter View Post
    What's the difference between showcase & competitive travel ball..?

Travel ball and this kind of the same thing. But now they are building power teams and playing a "show case" for these scouts where they can go to one tournament and see all of these players
    The following users like this post: northspeter

Travel ball and this kind of the same thing. But now they are building power teams and playing a "show case" for these scouts where they can go to one tournament and see all of these players
    Ok, that rings a bell.. When Bryce Harper was coming up he & his brother played on a showcase team out of okc/moore...

2 users like northspeter's post: H82Lose, oupunk